HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Seguin vs Hall: Individual attributes

Old
12-05-2012, 06:00 PM
leafsfuture

vCash: 500
I used to know Seguin personally, and know guys who still keep in touch....

He is definitely a polished speaker, not camera shy at all. However, while he has some leadership qualities, he still has some growing up to do (and no I dont mean the partying)

leafsfuture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:39 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
i think hall is better at everything
What the....

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
I like them both and i like that none of them are in toronto more
Oh C-Bass! I agree I like both players, I have both in my keeper league so I want both to excel.

12-05-2012, 11:54 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Seguin is better at everything and isn't injury prone

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 11:57 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Hes already up there with Doan and Iginla after TWO years? Really? Hall isnt on a team with players like Chara and Bergeron, both two of the best leaders in the NHL, not to mention Shawn Thornton who many of the Bruins call "the Godfather."

Its hard to be a leader when for the first whole season you play sheltered minutes and then play on a line with who he says wants to "model his game after." Thats why I said above itll be interesting to see how Seguin reacts to being the best offensive weapon going into the season.

Two completely different situations. Not knocking Hall at all, but using it against Seguin in any way is wrong. There is PLENTY of leadership on the Bruins already.
Doesn't matter. Leaders lead regardless of the situation they're placed in

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 11:59 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Leaders know when to follow.

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:03 AM
coolwasabi

They're both really good.
Taylor Hall is a lot more fun to watch.

coolwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:05 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Not true.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Philly85
Raps'

Seguin to me is more polished offensively... Can dangle, snipe, pass... He just seems so sharp and smart in that way... Better hockey sense than Hall for sure...

That being said, when Taylor Hall turns it on, there are few players who bring the complete game and ability to create havoc like he can. Pushes Dmen back, has phenomenal speed, will finish checks, go to the net, does whatever it takes at high speeds with extreme intensity levels. Reminds me of Messier that way.

Seguin is like Leon from The Professional, Hall is Chow Yun Fat from Hard Boiled.

Last edited by Philly85: 12-06-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 03:25 AM
Aucoin11*

What better way to judge NHL players than a good old fasion game of

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Not true at all. If Hall was on the Bruins you really think hed be the leader?

Tim Vezina Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
I used to know Seguin personally, and know guys who still keep in touch....

He is definitely a polished speaker, not camera shy at all. However, while he has some leadership qualities, he still has some growing up to do (and no I dont mean the partying)
I'm sure every guy and girl on this message board was the same person he/she was when they were 20.

Of course he has growing up to do, its not unheard of.

Tim Vezina Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Seguin is like Leon from The Professional, Hall is Chow Yun Fat from Hard Boiled.
Pretty amazing analogy.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:34 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Not true at all. If Hall was on the Bruins you really think hed be the leader?
the leader, no, a leader yes. Some people are just born leaders and can't help but do it. The way he plays Hall just drags everyone along with him, that's leadership and it wouldn't matter if he was on a veteran team or a young team he wouldn't be playing any differently. People are really overblowing the whole "seguin is held back by a veteran team while hall gets everything easy on a crappy young team" stuff out of proportion. Hall was benched at times if he wasn't playing the system properly, yeah there's less veterans to play ahead of him in a lot of situations but he still had to play the teams game, wasn't given carte blanche to do whatever he wanted. The oilers aren't totally devoid of leadership either, Horcoff (regardless what you think of his skills), Smyth, those guys are leaders and veterans and Hall has passed them in the leadership department in the eyes of many.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 03:13 PM
DoubleAAAA

Completely different players. I'll take both of them.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:40 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
I don't think that is accurate at all. For a 18/19 year old kid to come onto a Cup Caliber team, full of veterans(and a few great ones, at that), to attempt to become a "leader" in the lockeroom would have been foolish. It would have made him look like a cocky kid to his teammates and probably would have caused some friction.

Right now he's doing the right thing. Playing the game right, doing his job, and following the established leaders on his team. I'll bet you any amount of money though that the day will come when Seguin will be the unquestionable leader of the Boston Bruins. Once that day comes(it's probably only a few years away) we can accurately compare each player's leadership skills.

I don't understand why some Oiler fans will mention Bergeron before giving the nod to Seguin in the defense category(that's assuming they actually do give him the nod), but when it comes to leadership, instead of mentioning the fact that Seguin is the youngest Boston Bruin they just say "Hall, not close."

BTW, I'm not a Bruins fan and I don't think I could choose which player is better at the moment, but I just thought this topic was a bit confusing.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Trap Jesus

I'd give Seguin the nod in all of the categories in the OP besides physicality and grit. I can't pretend to know their leadership qualities though, and defense is nothing to write home about for either one.

Trap Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Hall is better at reading a clock and Seguin is better at not being stepped on his face.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:09 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinthejets View Post
the leader, no, a leader yes. Some people are just born leaders and can't help but do it. The way he plays Hall just drags everyone along with him, that's leadership and it wouldn't matter if he was on a veteran team or a young team he wouldn't be playing any differently. People are really overblowing the whole "seguin is held back by a veteran team while hall gets everything easy on a crappy young team" stuff out of proportion. Hall was benched at times if he wasn't playing the system properly, yeah there's less veterans to play ahead of him in a lot of situations but he still had to play the teams game, wasn't given carte blanche to do whatever he wanted. The oilers aren't totally devoid of leadership either, Horcoff (regardless what you think of his skills), Smyth, those guys are leaders and veterans and Hall has passed them in the leadership department in the eyes of many.
Exactly. Smyth is as good of "leader" as anyone on the Bruins, yet because the Bruins are cup contenders, it means that Hall couldn't pass any of them?

Old
12-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Blues88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Because I can't link the mouth of Ray Ferraro. Better than finding no links with Seguin in there.
What does this even mean?

Blues88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Exactly. Smyth is as good of "leader" as anyone on the Bruins, yet because the Bruins are cup contenders, it means that Hall couldn't pass any of them?
Chara, Ference, Bergeron, Lucic, Seids, Peverly, Kelly, Campbell, Thornton... all guys who lead the Bruins with a wealth of regular season and playoff experience. Hall has neither, and couldn't tell you what the NHL playoffs feel like even if he wanted to. He wouldn't be a leader on the Bruins.

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 12-07-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: edit
Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Aucoin11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues88 View Post
What does this even mean?
Asking for logic in a thread titled "Seguin vs Hall: Individual attributes" is asking far too much.

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Hall is better at reading a clock and Seguin is better at not being stepped on his face.
lol this post wins the thread.

Personally, I take Seguin. Although I'll admit I've had a lot more chances to watch Seguin, but you can't go wrong with either.

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:32 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Chara, Ference, Bergeron, Lucic, Seids, Peverly, Kelly, Campbell, Thornton... all guys who lead the Bruins with a wealth of regular season and playoff experience. Hall has neither, and couldn't tell you what the NHL playoffs feel like even if he wanted to. He wouldn't be a leader on the Bruins.
Really? Because I seem to recall this one guy named Milan Hejduk who has nearly 1000 regular season games, 112 games of playoff experience, and even won the cup... He'd definitely be the leader of his team right? Oh wait, no. He's not. It's some guy who's never played a single playoff game, and is only 20. You can only make so many BS excuses for Seguin. Seguin is simply not the sort of leader that a guy like Hall is

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 12-07-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: quote edit
Old
12-07-2012, 04:38 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 450
Quote:
Really? Because I seem to recall this one guy named Milan Hejduk who has nearly 1000 regular season games, 112 games of playoff experience, and even won the cup... He'd definitely be the leader of his team right? Oh wait, no. He's not. It's some guy who's never played a single playoff game, and is only 20. You can only make so many BS excuses for Seguin. Seguin is simply not the sort of leader that a guy like Hall is
For now, I'll agree that he isn't the emotional leader Hall is on the ice, but his argument makes sense to those who know the Bruins. I'm a Habs fan, and even I can say that his argument holds a lot of water. Using Milan Hejduk as a counter argument holds little because Milan Hejduk isn't any of those guys.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote