zinovjev

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 10:14 AM
vandy b's fan

vCash: 500
zinovjev

zinovjev did skate during todays practice session from 12-1

looks liek a good skater seemed a tad rusty though , to e expected i guess jet-lag

he was in the teal jersey today ona line with liscak and vernarsky

vernarsky would jump in with the line since liscak and zinovjev were the only players with teal jersey's vernarsky had a white jersey along with knuble and lapointe

did see rolston take few reps with zino and liscak though

also nice to see toivonnen with bruins colored pads today

Old
09-20-2003, 10:35 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy b's fan

looks liek a good skater seemed a tad rusty though , to e expected i guess jet-lag

vernarsky would jump in with the line since liscak and zinovjev were the only players with teal jersey's vernarsky had a white jersey along with knuble and lapointe

could you tell from pratice if he could make the Habs top 50 prospects board

Old
09-20-2003, 10:57 AM
neelynugs

hopefully zina will be playing tomorrow in bridgeport. any reports on him would be greatly appreciated

Old
09-20-2003, 11:18 AM
WickedBruinsGirl

I think he'll be in tomorrow's practice session. I'll be getting up there tomorrow to see him skate.

Old
09-20-2003, 02:34 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy b's fan

Zino should be about 8 timezones out of kilter...

Old
09-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Zino should be about 8 timezones out of kilter...

yeah...we gotta cut the kid a little slack until he has his wits about him.

I mean when I go to Europe on business it always takes me a bit to shake out the cobwebs... at least those I can get out..

It would be nice to see him excel though.. could be the answer to the open Center job and allow Bergeron to grow naturally instead of forcing him too early.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
09-20-2003, 04:13 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
yeah...we gotta cut the kid a little slack until he has his wits about him.

I mean when I go to Europe on business it always takes me a bit to shake out the cobwebs... at least those I can get out..

It would be nice to see him excel though.. could be the answer to the open Center job and allow Bergeron to grow naturally instead of forcing him too early.
I can't believe the Red Sox just blew a 4-1 lead to the horrible Indians- who really aren't much better than the Tigers ; anyways, within a week I expect Bergeron to be sent back to his Junior team and Zinovjev to show enough that he belongs- youch, just hit an Indian batter forcing in the 5th run :mad:

Old
09-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
I can't believe the Red Sox just blew a 4-1 lead to the horrible Indians- who really aren't much better than the Tigers ; anyways, within a week I expect Bergeron to be sent back to his Junior team and Zinovjev to show enough that he belongs- youch, just hit an Indian batter forcing in the 5th run :mad:

I know man....it's amazing how a heart can repair itself every winter..

ohh..and I'm now in mourning that Colvin is out for the season..

:mad:

Old
09-20-2003, 04:35 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
Grady Little is a damned buffoon. Damian Jackson made a dreadful error in that inning, and Scott Sauerbeck is an utter piece of garbage and should not be put on the playoff roster......in fact should be cut immediatly, he is the baseball equivalent to Jarno Kultanen...freakin trainwreck.

Baseball rant over....

Old
09-20-2003, 05:11 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Grady Little is a damned buffoon. Damian Jackson made a dreadful error in that inning, and Scott Sauerbeck is an utter piece of garbage and should not be put on the playoff roster......in fact should be cut immediatly, he is the baseball equivalent to Jarno Kultanen...freakin trainwreck.

Baseball rant over....

There's some talk in these parts about one Bobby V moving up to Beantown to lead the troops next season......Hmmmmm.

As far as Zino goes, I don't expect him to make the final roster after his travel fiascos.

Old
09-20-2003, 05:53 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
...As far as Zino goes, I don't expect him to make the final roster after his travel fiascos.
I may be mistaken, but from what Zino said in that July interview, it looks like he has a one-way contract: he's makes the final roster or he's on the plane back to Siberia!

He planned to train with an RSL club in August, so I imagine conditioning won't be much of a problem...he just needs to learn Sullivan's system and get used to the smaller rink and the NHL.

Old
09-20-2003, 06:24 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
I may be mistaken, but from what Zino said in that July interview, it looks like he has a one-way contract: he's makes the final roster or he's on the plane back to Siberia!

He planned to train with an RSL club in August, so I imagine conditioning won't be much of a problem...he just needs to learn Sullivan's system and get used to the smaller rink and the NHL.
It is my feeling that the Bruins think he is talented enough to earn a spot and he is going to be given every opportunity to make the team. That being said, a one way contract really only means that he will be paid his salary no matter what even if he does play in Providence for a while I believe. I am pretty positive though that he will be one of the top 12 suiting up on opening night.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:09 PM
supernova

If you step back and look at it. The Bruins couldn't afford Stumpel, so they went to Siberia to get their 2nd line center. Now JJ is leading the charge for the owners. If JJ can convince everyone else, (why not he's one of the few making money) to see things his way, the players are in for a rude awaking.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:20 PM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

If Zino can't get used to the new Rink fast enough we could always use Bergeron for the first few games allowing Zino that little bit of extra time to adjust. That being the worst case scenario. Hopefully Zino is able to get things sorted out quickly and is centering Sammy within the week and is ready to go on our second line by Oct 8th.

Old
09-21-2003, 04:23 AM
sagginb

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingcrwns
If Zino can't get used to the new Rink fast enough we could always use Bergeron for the first few games allowing Zino that little bit of extra time to adjust. That being the worst case scenario. Hopefully Zino is able to get things sorted out quickly and is centering Sammy within the week and is ready to go on our second line by Oct 8th.
Since Bergeron seems to not be doing anything to show he doesn't belong I am getting this same feeling.
Let him stay and give Zinovjev some time to adjust.
Kinda like let the young guys battle a little and show what each can offer.
This may even prove good for both players and the Bruins.
I have to say I am getting a little excited about a guy coming "sorta" out of nowhere like Bergeron has done so far...being so young....and him playing center (a Boston need)...also a righthander...when will it end?
Maybe not until he has played 8 or 9 games into the season.
That would be a great story for all us Bruins fans to see and enjoy even for a sort time.

Old
09-21-2003, 12:15 PM
Pielsman

Zinovjev

I think you guys are right- Zino is "penciled in" for the big club at some point this year- and if he cant cut it, it sure is noce to have a quality kid in Bergeron waiting in the wings.

Nice drafting by Boston lately, huh ? -Piels

PS- Bru20; good tip on this board- much, much better than the AOL B's message board.

Old
09-21-2003, 12:38 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielsman
I think you guys are right- Zino is "penciled in" for the big club at some point this year- and if he cant cut it, it sure is noce to have a quality kid in Bergeron waiting in the wings.

Nice drafting by Boston lately, huh ? -Piels

PS- Bru20; good tip on this board- much, much better than the AOL B's message board.
Good to have you aboard Piels, I m glad you finally saw the light!!!!!

Closed Thread