HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Game of Thrones - Season 3 ***NO BOOK SPOILERS***

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2013, 05:58 AM
  #251
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,906
vCash: 500
That trailer gets better every time I watch it. So ridiculously excited. Can't wait to see this season, should be the best yet quite easily. Tywin, and Robb should continue to get more badass, stupidly excited for Cieran Hinds as Mance Rayder (love him as an actor), really liking what Nikolaj Coster has done with Jamie this is a big season for him (perhaps best character arc of anybody in books) hell even Daenarys will get in on some action this season. Gonna be GREAT! ASoS was easily the best book, and after the first two seasons I have 100% faith the shows creators will be able to translate that onto screen.

Don't think that was spoilers...hope not

__________________


Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 08:09 AM
  #252
Argyle Kyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
One thing i noticed in the trailer was Mance saying "I'm going to light the biggest fire the NORTH has ever seen"
i found this strange because all the wildlings say that everyone south of the wall is a southener. I wonder if this means something or if this is just a mistake in the preview?
sorry if this has been mentioned and discussed already.

Argyle Kyle is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 08:33 AM
  #253
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle Kyle View Post
One thing i noticed in the trailer was Mance saying "I'm going to light the biggest fire the NORTH has ever seen"
i found this strange because all the wildlings say that everyone south of the wall is a southener. I wonder if this means something or if this is just a mistake in the preview?
sorry if this has been mentioned and discussed already.
Not that I know anything about the books, but isn't he supposed to be from south of the wall?

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 08:48 AM
  #254
Argyle Kyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
Not that I know anything about the books, but isn't he supposed to be from south of the wall?
True, but it still seems wierd to me that all these wildlings make a point of saying that and yet, as their leader, he doesn't. Probably means nothing but still stood out to me

Argyle Kyle is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 09:00 AM
  #255
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle Kyle View Post
One thing i noticed in the trailer was Mance saying "I'm going to light the biggest fire the NORTH has ever seen"
i found this strange because all the wildlings say that everyone south of the wall is a southener. I wonder if this means something or if this is just a mistake in the preview?
sorry if this has been mentioned and discussed already.
I think it's more allusion to the fact that he plans to lead the Northerners in a way that's never been seen. The "Northeners" have never seen anything like it. That type of thing...

The walls between what is said in books versus series and what has happened and what has yet to happen when has blurred for me, so I don't want to say anything else.


Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 03-05-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 10:48 AM
  #256
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,563
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle Kyle View Post
True, but it still seems wierd to me that all these wildlings make a point of saying that and yet, as their leader, he doesn't. Probably means nothing but still stood out to me
Mance isn't a true Northman though. He was a Crow, so he most likely came from south of the wall.

__________________
Call for the Priest, I'm Dying!
Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 01:20 PM
  #257
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
I'm still on season 1. I'm hoping Barristan Selmy gets an expanded role as the series rolls on.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
  #258
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?
 
RobBrown4PM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm still on season 1. I'm hoping Barristan Selmy gets an expanded role as the series rolls on.
Easily one of the biggest bad ***** of the entire series.

All I can say is "wait and see"

RobBrown4PM is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 01:57 PM
  #259
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
Easily one of the biggest bad ***** of the entire series.

All I can say is "wait and see"
I'm pumped. Barry is one of my favorite book characters.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
  #260
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm pumped. Barry is one of my favorite book characters.
Did you call Barristan the Bold, Lord Commander of Robert Baratheon's Kingsguard, 'Barry'? You disgust me.


__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is online now  
Old
03-05-2013, 02:02 PM
  #261
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Did you call Barristan the Bold, Lord Commander of Robert Baratheon's Kingsguard, 'Barry'? You disgust me.

I did do that thing, yes.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
  #262
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I did do that thing, yes.
Well that's okay.

Excited for this season. What part of the trailer did you like? I liked it all.

Hurt is online now  
Old
03-05-2013, 02:05 PM
  #263
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
I also just realized OP's username is 'Lord of Bones'. Very cool.

Hurt is online now  
Old
03-05-2013, 02:13 PM
  #264
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg
 
Ser Woof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11,239
vCash: 86
I didn't know this started the same night TWD ends its 3rd season. I hope they're not on at the same time because that would royally suck :O

So much good TV out there these days. I'm so excited for the return of GoT. Will probably make a quick run thru S1&2 somehow before the new season.

Ser Woof is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 02:15 PM
  #265
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
I didn't know this started the same night TWD ends its 3rd season. I hope they're not on at the same time because that would royally suck :O

So much good TV out there these days. I'm so excited for the return of GoT. Will probably make a quick run thru S1&2 somehow before the new season.
I believe they are. 9PM EST start on HBO for GoT and 9PM EST start on AMC for TWD. I'll watch TWD the day after probably. GoT is my favourite show and ASoS is one of the better books I've ever read so I'm super excited for Season 3 and 4.

Hurt is online now  
Old
03-05-2013, 02:18 PM
  #266
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I believe they are. 9PM EST start on HBO for GoT and 9PM EST start on AMC for TWD. I'll watch TWD the day after probably. GoT is my favourite show and ASoS is one of the better books I've ever read so I'm super excited for Season 3 and 4.
Yep, same boat here. GoT live, TWD on the DVR.

silverfish is online now  
Old
03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
  #267
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis
 
Mr Fahrenheit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,196
vCash: 50
Just read that Ian Whyte who plays The Mountain is actually 7' 1''. Good god he is a mountain

Mr Fahrenheit is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 02:37 PM
  #268
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers
 
Frank the Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
Just read that Ian Whyte who plays The Mountain is actually 7' 1''. Good god he is a mountain
Conan Stevens looked the part better in season 1 because he has the size to match his height. Nonetheless, it is almost impossible to keep a cast this large consistent from season to season.

Frank the Tank is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 02:38 PM
  #269
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Conan Stevens looked the part better in season 1 because he has the size to match his height. Nonetheless, it is almost impossible to keep a cast this large consistent from season to season.
Beric Dondarrion has also changed from Season 1 to this season.

Hurt is online now  
Old
03-05-2013, 02:49 PM
  #270
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis
 
Mr Fahrenheit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,196
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Conan Stevens looked the part better in season 1 because he has the size to match his height. Nonetheless, it is almost impossible to keep a cast this large consistent from season to season.

That guy is also 7 foot 1, I just noticed that Whyte played the White Walker in the first episode and also in 2.2

Mr Fahrenheit is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 03:26 PM
  #271
Grumpy Humphrey
Registered User
 
Grumpy Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Mance isn't a true Northman though. He was a Crow, so he most likely came from south of the wall.
Being from North of the Wall isn't the criteria for being a "Northman," though. Winterfell is considered the seat of "The North" and everyone talking about the Starks or their bannermen refer to them as "Northmen," because the Wall is the northernmost boundary of the realm.

No book spoilers, so there.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 03:31 PM
  #272
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers
 
Frank the Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Gerald View Post
Being from North of the Wall isn't the criteria for being a "Northman," though. Winterfell is considered the seat of "The North" and everyone talking about the Starks or their bannermen refer to them as "Northmen," because the Wall is the northernmost boundary of the realm.

No book spoilers, so there.


You know nothing, Sweet Gerald.

Frank the Tank is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 03:35 PM
  #273
Grumpy Humphrey
Registered User
 
Grumpy Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 50
How dare you sir

Grumpy Humphrey is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 03:43 PM
  #274
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0
 
RandV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,370
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Beric Dondarrion has also changed from Season 1 to this season.
That one seems more intentional though, Beric Dondarrion in season 1 was basically just an extra. They weren't going to cast him that far in advance.

RandV is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
  #275
Grumpy Humphrey
Registered User
 
Grumpy Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 50
The Emmys are holding a Game of Thrones panel later this month, moderated by Mac from Always Sunny, for some reason.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.