HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Game of Thrones - Season 3 ***NO BOOK SPOILERS***

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 08:33 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Unfortunately the two best actors died in the first season. The rest of the cast is great, but Mark Addy and Sean Bean were f'in awesome.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
Unfortunately the two best actors died in the first season. The rest of the cast is great, but Mark Addy and Sean Bean were f'in awesome.
Jason Mamoa was great as Khal Drogo too.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans View Post
cue a legion of GoT fanboys speculating on the casting of Rhaegar
Get dude what played Viserys if he's not too old by then. The family aspect could be great.

A teenage/early 20s Maisie Williams could play Lyanna..!

Old
03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

Quote:
I agree with this, unfortunately.

Although I do think that the first season was directed and executed quite well from a production stand point. It barely veered away from the book, which benefited the on screen versions of the characters mightily.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Iron Throne
Thats not sarcasm

"Hodor!" Says Hodor

Old
03-12-2013, 12:37 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Wow, I had no idea who Mark Addy was until I looked him up. That was Fred Flinstone in Viva Rock Vegas!

Old
03-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Wow, I had no idea who Mark Addy was until I looked him up. That was Fred Flinstone in Viva Rock Vegas!
I knew that as soon as I saw him. Took me a little time to get past that image.

03-12-2013, 01:17 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
I agree with this, unfortunately.

Although I do think that the first season was directed and executed quite well from a production stand point. It barely veered away from the book, which benefited the on screen versions of the characters mightily.
Unfortunate but entirely intentional. Since they knew these lead characters were going to die they could spend a bit more to get better established actors, to set the pace before handing the show over to the young pups.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Throne View Post
"Hodor!" Says Hodor
"Stop that hodoring!"

Old
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Sandwich View Post
Get dude what played Viserys if he's not too old by then. The family aspect could be great.
This is a bad idea and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
This is a bad idea and you should feel bad for suggesting it.
Why? I thought he pulled the character off.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:07 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

This is probably a discussion more suited for the book thread?

But sign me up for Michael Fassbender as Rhaegar Targaryen.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:38 PM
cynicism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I knew that as soon as I saw him. Took me a little time to get past that image.
If you think that's bad, I recognized him from The Full Monty. Try getting that out of your head!

Old
03-12-2013, 07:35 PM
SilasAdams

Quote:
As Blackwater Bay cools, the victors consolidate their power and rebuild King’s Landing. But new challengers for the Iron Throne rise from the most unexpected places. Characters old and new must navigate the demands of family, honor, ambition, love and – above all – survival, as the Westeros civil war rages into autumn.

Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, GAME OF THRONES is an epic story of treachery and nobility set on the continent of Westeros, where summers and winters can last years, and only the lust for power is eternal. The Emmy®- and Golden Globe-winning series returns for its ten-episode third season SUNDAY, MARCH 31 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, followed by other episodes on subsequent Sundays at the same time.

As season three begins, the Lannisters hold absolute dominion over King’s Landing after repelling Stannis Baratheon’s forces. Yet Robb Stark, King in the North, still controls much of the South as well, and has yet to lose a battle. In the Far North, Mance Rayder has united the wildlings into the largest army Westeros has ever seen. Only the Night’s Watch stands between him and the Seven Kingdoms, but nobody knows what happened to its Lord Commander and the force he led beyond the Wall.

Across the Narrow Sea, Daenerys Targaryen – reunited with her three growing dragons – ventures into Slaver’s Bay in search of ships to take her home and allies to conquer it.
Quote:
Episode #21: “Valar Dohaeris”

Jon is brought before Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, while the Night’s Watch survivors retreat south. In King’s Landing, Tyrion asks for his reward. Littlefinger offers Sansa a way out. Cersei hosts a dinner for the royal family. Daenerys sails into Slaver’s Bay.
http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Ent...Out_a_Synopsis

Old
03-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Why? I thought he pulled the character off.
He pulled off the wimpy trying to be tough in over his head abusive brother wonderfully (agreed, he was great in his role), but that is not at all what Rhaegar's character would be. Rhaegar is a legitimately bad ass character though, not at all like Viserys. If anything, once Harry Lloyd has aged he would probably make a good Aerys the Mad, as a scrawny, schizophrenic, paranoid kind of pathetic ruler. Rhaegar was a strong, handsome, loyal, proud royal family member, completely unlike Viserys or Aerys. More like a Daenerys if anything (Daenerys is often described as more like Rhaegar) or a young Robert/young Ned even.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 03-13-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old
03-13-2013, 12:59 AM
Kitten Mittons

Man, I read "Varys" instead of "Viserys" and was legitimately confused wtf you guys were talking about.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:08 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Wouldn't it be great if when HBO passes the books they do a Robert's rebellion miniseries? The regular actors might like it because they can take some time to make movies using their new found notoriety but it may be a problem getting them all back. I can dream though.
Oh man that would be awesome beyond belief

Old
03-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Greater Malison
He Knows. You Don't.

Send a message via AIM to Greater Malison
While searching for some of my fav clips from seasons 1 & 2 on YouTube I came across all the little snippets that are included in the season 2 dvd, maybe some from season 1? Theres probably 30 plus clips but for the ones most relevant to the show search the history and lore of westeros - roberts rebellion - the mad king - the sack of kings landing. Each of them have points of view from the different houses and are narrated by characters from the show including Robert and Tywin! No Spoilers here guys just the history of events leading up to the start of the show. I'd highly recommend staying away from the comments section though you can guarantee there are spoilers there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhRv7zHyYR0

Old
03-13-2013, 04:34 AM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greater Malison View Post
While searching for some of my fav clips from seasons 1 & 2 on YouTube I came across all the little snippets that are included in the season 2 dvd, maybe some from season 1? Theres probably 30 plus clips but for the ones most relevant to the show search the history and lore of westeros - roberts rebellion - the mad king - the sack of kings landing. Each of them have points of view from the different houses and are narrated by characters from the show including Robert and Tywin! No Spoilers here guys just the history of events leading up to the start of the show. I'd highly recommend staying away from the comments section though you can guarantee there are spoilers there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhRv7zHyYR0
Yeah, they are from the blu ray and most are incredible.The best is by far Stannis' though, the TRUE king along with Mark Addy coming back to voice Robert on the trident

"The Baratheon's say, 'Ours if the Fury'.I will show them.Fury BURNS"

Old
03-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Tuggy

Watched the Season 2 recap last night. Can't wait!

Old
03-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
He pulled off the wimpy trying to be tough in over his head abusive brother wonderfully (agreed, he was great in his role), but that is not at all what Rhaegar's character would be. Rhaegar is a legitimately bad ass character though, not at all like Viserys. If anything, once Harry Lloyd has aged he would probably make a good Aerys the Mad, as a scrawny, schizophrenic, paranoid kind of pathetic ruler. Rhaegar was a strong, handsome, loyal, proud royal family member, completely unlike Viserys or Aerys. More like a Daenerys if anything (Daenerys is often described as more like Rhaegar) or a young Robert/young Ned even.
true.

I throw out a name for an actor for Rhaegar just for fun. Todd Lasance guy playes Julius Caesar in Spartacus and is frickin bad ass to the max. Obviously Spartacus doesn't have the acting quality of GOT but I think he would suit the character but he may not be tall enough. When I think of Rhaegar I think of a guy who is like 6'4 - 6'5 for some reason.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:18 AM
DRWCountryClub

I thought Tyrion aka Peter Dinklage has shown the best acting chops on the show so far.

I wasn't too excited for Season Three until I started re-watching the series and I'm now extremely excited to see it all go down.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I think you're underrating an actor's range, you shouldn't assume that since he played a childish lunatic like Viserys he couldn't play a smooth operator like Rhaegar. I think the huge differences in their characters would actually make the whole madness-or-greatness duality of the Targaryens clear. Like from history, Longshanks Edward I was incredibly capable, commanding, a born leader, and his son Edward II looks just like him... But is nothing what Edward I was, one of the worst kings in British history.

The other recastings that could be done... Sean Bean as the elder Stark who gets burned by Aerys. It would keep up his Sean Bean streak of dying in errything.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
When I think of Rhaegar I think of a guy who is like 6'4 - 6'5 for some reason.
Every description of Rhaegar makes him sound like Sephiroth. And every drawring I've seen of him makes him look like Sephiroth with black eyeliner. Must have been girls drawing him.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
Quote:
Every description of Rhaegar makes him sound like Sephiroth. And every drawring I've seen of him makes him look like Sephiroth with black eyeliner. Must have been girls drawing him.
HA I knew that name was so familiar!!! Final Fantasy 7 best game I have every played but a long long time ago.

Closed Thread