HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2012, 12:27 PM
  #251
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
I see him as an additional LW not a replacement for Ladd, hopefully they will have quite a few years as teamates . Kane , Ladd and Lowry looks awfully good to me as the top three LW's for this team in 2 years.
Ya, i hear ya.

That's a solid LW line-up. I suppose i was thinking 5 or 6 yrs down the road when Ladd gets a bit long in the tooth. I'm good with a few years of that LW trio.

Bob E is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 01:16 PM
  #252
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,116
vCash: 50
I agree with most of the sentiments here...

Ladd's two-way ability and Kane's youth + scoring ability fills 2 of the top3 LW and most likely will both be in the top6 for a very long while. They compliment each other very well too since Ladd is able to take tough lineups in order to allow Kane get better offensive opportunities, which was one of the main reasons Kane excelled so well last season even with three avg-subavg (but not bad) top6 linemates (Burmi, Welly, Antro).
Ponikarovsky more than aptly fills that 3rd spot for now and I see Lowry as likely future for there (although Klingberg (RW/LW), Cormier (LW/C), and Telegin (LW/C) could always be the man). Lowry plays differently than Ponikarovsky but hopefully will create the same results: big body taking tough defensive minutes and beat them while giving some excellent secondary bottom6 scoring.

With Machacek, Cormier, Klingberg, Lowry, Kosmachuk, Telegin, Olsen and Sutter all in the system, I don't have much fear of our cupboards not being able to plug bottom 6 places. Plus, bottom6 aren't too hard to fill through UFA to fill the holes created if (when) some of these don't make it.

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 03:32 PM
  #253
ps241
2.6% chance
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,144
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I agree with most of the sentiments here...

Ladd's two-way ability and Kane's youth + scoring ability fills 2 of the top3 LW and most likely will both be in the top6 for a very long while. They compliment each other very well too since Ladd is able to take tough lineups in order to allow Kane get better offensive opportunities, which was one of the main reasons Kane excelled so well last season even with three avg-subavg (but not bad) top6 linemates (Burmi, Welly, Antro).
Ponikarovsky more than aptly fills that 3rd spot for now and I see Lowry as likely future for there (although Klingberg (RW/LW), Cormier (LW/C), and Telegin (LW/C) could always be the man). Lowry plays differently than Ponikarovsky but hopefully will create the same results: big body taking tough defensive minutes and beat them while giving some excellent secondary bottom6 scoring.

With Machacek, Cormier, Klingberg, Lowry, Kosmachuk, Telegin, Olsen and Sutter all in the system, I don't have much fear of our cupboards not being able to plug bottom 6 places. Plus, bottom6 aren't too hard to fill through UFA to fill the holes created if (when) some of these don't make it.
I think "if" the salary cap drops to $60 million in 2013-14 we will have a very good shot at plugging our top 6 fwd and top 4 D holes via the UFA route. There will be a short term window until teams adjust. we have allot of guys to sign and the cap issue is going to get very real very fast for everyone including us. Should drive the price (via demand) of FA's down allot short term. What will be huge though is rental players coming to the end of their contracts this spring. As long as a team isn't stuck with term I can see some teams desperate to give it a shot this year before they have to start dumping key assets.

ps241 is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:31 PM
  #254
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,733
vCash: 1350
Here are the highlights from Lowry's game last night...

http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/1356802934

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:43 PM
  #255
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,733
vCash: 1350
^BTW, check out Lowry flipping one of the Tigers completely over the boards and dumping him into the Broncos bench^


Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 07:49 PM
  #256
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,116
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
^BTW, check out Lowry flipping one of the Tigers completely over the boards and dumping him into the Broncos bench^

That hit was sweet! Plus his hit early on.

He sure loves going for the 5hole on penalty shots and breakaways. Didn't work this time but can't have them all, plus 4 pts leading the team to a comeback win isn't too shabby.

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 08:16 PM
  #257
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,439
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
OHL



Barrie Colts 5 - Erie Otters 3
Last Updated: End 2nd


Mark Scheifele: World Juniors


Belleville Bulls 3 - Kitchener Rangers 2
Last Updated: Final


Austen Brassard: 0-0-0 +0 0PIM




WHL



Swift Current Broncos 1 - Medicine Hat Tigers 4
Last Updated: Final

Adam Lowry: 0-0-0 +0 0PIM



Saskatoon Blades 2 - Prince Albert Raiders 4
Last Updated: Final


Lukas Sutter: 0-0-0 +0 0PIM


Tri-City Americans 3 - Portland Winterhawks 4
Last Updated: Final


Zach Yuen: 0-0-0 -2 0PIM





COLLEGE


Michigan 0 - Michigan Tech 4
Last Updated: Final


Jacob Trouba: World Juniors



Brennan Serville: 0-0-0 -1 0PIM



Quinnipiac 5 - Nebraska-Omaha 4
Last Updated: Final


Jordan Samuels-Thomas: 2-1-3 +3 0PIM
1 Quinnipiac 01:54 Samuels-Thomas,J. ( Van Brabant, Bryce & Arnt, Ben )
2 Quinnipiac 05:46 Arnt, Ben ( Samuels-Thomas,J. )
3 Quinnipiac 03:47 Samuels-Thomas,J. ( Peca, Matthew & Harvey, Clay )



Tanner Lane: 0-0-0 +0 0PIM
Neb.-Omaha 12:45 Brian O'Rourke ( Tanner Lane )


Northeastern 5 - Harvard 1
Last Updated: Final


Vinny Saponari: 0-1-1 +0 0PIM
2nd 3:02 NOE Ferriero [2] (Saponari, Roy)

__________________

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 12-30-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
12-29-2012, 08:40 PM
  #258
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,840
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Here are the highlights from Lowry's game last night...

http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/1356802934
Nice. Not only does he pot one and get a couple of assists, but delivers a crushing check behind the net, and dumps a player into the Bronco's bench on a hit.

I approve.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 09:44 PM
  #259
ps241
2.6% chance
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,144
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
^BTW, check out Lowry flipping one of the Tigers completely over the boards and dumping him into the Broncos bench^

My guess is that highlight package displays what a Jet should play like! Very physical and productive on the score sheet as well.

ps241 is online now  
Old
12-29-2012, 09:46 PM
  #260
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,944
vCash: 234
So, Lowry is currently projecting as a 3rd line winger?

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:53 AM
  #261
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,900
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
So, Lowry is currently projecting as a 3rd line winger?
I think he could project all the way up to a player just like our very own Andrew Ladd, if we were looking at ceiling.

Sweech is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 01:22 AM
  #262
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,439
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
13-game point streak snapped tonight.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 07:02 PM
  #263
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,439
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 07:29 PM
  #264
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,840
vCash: 406
Thanks for the highlights Hammer!

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
  #265
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,116
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Thanks for the highlights Hammer!
Ditto!

That game seemed a lot more of the Brassard we drafted... too bad he mostly seems to have disappeared.

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 12:45 AM
  #266
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,900
vCash: 50
Anyone think Schiefele could have a Lady Byng trophy in his future?

He just doesn't seem to get rattled often and take penalties. In junior, or recently in the WJC.

Sweech is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 12:49 AM
  #267
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,116
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Anyone think Schiefele could have a Lady Byng trophy in his future?

He just doesn't seem to get rattled often and take penalties. In junior, or recently in the WJC.
He did fight once this season

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 12:55 AM
  #268
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,900
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
He did fight once this season
I imagine he won't be doing too much of that in the NHL.

Sweech is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 01:31 AM
  #269
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,164
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Anyone think Schiefele could have a Lady Byng trophy in his future?

He just doesn't seem to get rattled often and take penalties. In junior, or recently in the WJC.
Maybe, but I don't think so and my reason is that while I think he will be the type of player that doesn't take too many penalties, I also see him as a leader, a team guy, and someone who wants to make something happen, whether it's a goal, a hit, or sticking up for a teammate.

I just see him getting his nose dirty a little too often (which is a good thing in my mind) for that award.

Huffer is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 06:48 AM
  #270
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Anyone think Schiefele could have a Lady Byng trophy in his future?

He just doesn't seem to get rattled often and take penalties. In junior, or recently in the WJC.
Maybe. I know for sure, Trouba won't.

Bob E is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:30 AM
  #271
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,439
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Thanks for the highlights Hammer!
No problem! I enjoy doing them and it's easier with a faster computer now.

The only thing I hate is trying to skim through the WHL games to find our highlights. Would be so much easier if they had a score clock up all the time like the OHL.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:51 AM
  #272
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,840
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
No problem! I enjoy doing them and it's easier with a faster computer now.

The only thing I hate is trying to skim through the WHL games to find our highlights. Would be so much easier if they had a score clock up all the time like the OHL.
Do they typically have a time clock on screen? Could skim based on the game sheet, if so.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 10:56 AM
  #273
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,439
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Do they typically have a time clock on screen? Could skim based on the game sheet, if so.
Nope, nothing. I usually have the game sheet up and I skim around to where I think the highlight should be and look for clues. If I hear the pbp guy say a time or see a penalty or other goal I get an idea where I'm at in the game.

I think I've only seen a WHL time clock/scoreboard during one game this year and it was awesome.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 07:39 PM
  #274
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,439
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
OHL


Guelph Storm 2 - Oshawa Generals 1
Last Updated: Final


Scott Kosmachuk: 0-0-0 +0 2PIM
1 - GUE S. Kosmachuk, 17:25 - Slashing, 2 min (PP)



Belleville Bulls 3 - Peterborough Petes 4
Last Updated: Final SO


Austen Brassard: 0-0-0 +0 4PIM
2 - BELV A. Brassard, 18:03 - Check from Behind, 2 min (PP)
2 - BELV A. Brassard, 18:03 - Check from Behind, 2 min (PP)



WHL


Swift Current Broncos 0 - Lethbridge Hurricanes 0
Last Updated: Final

Adam Lowry: 1-1-2 +1 0PIM
1. S.C C. Gordon, (13) (A. Lowry, C. Cave), 17:09
3. S.C A. Lowry, (25) , 3:54



Saskatoon Blades 7 - Medicine Hat Tigers 2
Last Updated: Final


Lukas Sutter: 1-0-1 +1 2PIM
2. SAS L. Sutter, (4) (S. McColgan, M. Pufahl), 16:54 (PP)
3 - SAS L. Sutter, 16:01 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 08:35 PM
  #275
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,900
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Maybe, but I don't think so and my reason is that while I think he will be the type of player that doesn't take too many penalties, I also see him as a leader, a team guy, and someone who wants to make something happen, whether it's a goal, a hit, or sticking up for a teammate.

I just see him getting his nose dirty a little too often (which is a good thing in my mind) for that award.
I was thinking he could do it ala Brad Richards a few years ago.

Sweech is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.