HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Very cool.

What does everyone see as Lowry's NHL comparable at this point? 6' 5", good skating (he's greatly improved in this area), drops the gloves, good hands, hits. Quite a nice resume.
He looks at lot like a young Ryan Getzlaf sometimes when he plays at centre, same gait, same size, similar skills and bull-like drive. On the wing he is more of a regular banger so it is difficult to say how he projects. I know some want him on the wing here but I'd love to see him get a shot down the middle. He seems to be getting better by the day in that spot and his game seems more suited to having the additional amount of ice surface to work with there.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

http://whl.ca/video/index/id/1357501143

Horrible highlight package, crappy, choppy video, and it doesn't even show Lowry's shootout winner but rather shows Black's goal that came after and clinched it.

It does however show Lowry's first goal quite well; a beauty snipe.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Hammer Slammer
Danish Dash

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
http://whl.ca/video/index/id/1357501143

Horrible highlight package, crappy, choppy video, and it doesn't even show Lowry's shootout winner but rather shows Black's goal that came after and clinched it.

It does however show Lowry's first goal quite well; a beauty snipe.
I'll have highlights up later today and if I remember I'll include the shootout goal.

01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
He looks at lot like a young Ryan Getzlaf sometimes when he plays at centre, same gait, same size, similar skills and bull-like drive. On the wing he is more of a regular banger so it is difficult to say how he projects. I know some want him on the wing here but I'd love to see him get a shot down the middle. He seems to be getting better by the day in that spot and his game seems more suited to having the additional amount of ice surface to work with there.
He exploded offensively as a centre. If he can maintain it I am all for him playing there. It is very unusual to make the transition this late in a jr career though. Really hard to project. Will be fun to watch.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Hammer Slammer
Danish Dash

Old
01-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Thanks again. I look forward to these each week.

Cheers.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Late round 2012 draft pick Connor Hellebuyck put up nice number for UMass-Lowell:

GP: 6 GAA: 1.95 W: 4 L: 1 SvPct: .943

Nice to see. I would guess the addition of Dwayne Roloson to the program as a goaltender coach is paying off for him. Hope to see his development continue.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Hammer Slammer
Danish Dash

The Bulls recently traded for Graovac from the 67's and this was his first game with them. Brassard is now playing with him and Gaunce and hopefully this is the start of him picking his game up.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:25 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post
Late round 2012 draft pick Connor Hellebuyck put up nice number for UMass-Lowell:

Nice to see. I would guess the addition of Dwayne Roloson to the program as a goaltender coach is paying off for him. Hope to see his development continue.
Before his injury Kasdorf was playing really well for RPI. He took the starting job and performed well. I hear he should be back soon.

Glad too see them playing well, especially at such a young age (for a goalie).

Old
01-06-2013, 04:28 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
The Bulls recently traded for Graovac from the 67's and this was his first game with them. Brassard is now playing with him and Gaunce and hopefully this is the start of him picking his game up.
Gotta figure he will score if they keep him on that line.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
I was really hoping that Barrie would make a trade for Graovac.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post

I was ecstatic about the addition of Rollie.

Some colleges have subpar goaltending coaching which had me worried about our choice of NCAA tenders, but this has me very happy.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:07 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I was really hoping that Barrie would make a trade for Graovac.
Wondering if Barrie makes any serious moves in order to make it to the Memorial Cup. Would be nice seeing as this will likely be their last chance with Scheifele.

Not expecting it though because it's going to take an awful lot for any team to beat London unless they truly believe in their group of players.

Last edited by untouchable21: 01-06-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Wondering if Barrie makes any serious moves in order to make it to the Memorial Cup. Would be nice seeing as this will be their last chance with Scheifele.

Not expecting it though because it's going to take an awful lot for any team to beat London unless they truly believe in their group of players.
Solid write-up on it:

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...e-preview.html

Old
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
JetsHomer

There's always going go be powerhouse teams. Londen is in the other conference so if you play them it'll be for the ohl chanpionship: a series thats going to be hard no matter what. I don't think you'd willing not make a move cause of a good team in the other conference.

I could see both Sarnia and Owen Sound knocking off Londen before Barrie would ever have to play them.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Cool. Thanks.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:46 PM
jetkarma

Players ebb and flow and bandwagons get heavier and lighter , but as the NHL season is about to start ,three prospects end the lock out on strong upward trends.

Jacob Trouba has inarguably arrived on the elite prospects list , and not quietly either. Shows signs of if he continues to improve and reach close to his potential to being a dynamic number one dman.

Elements of Rob Blake , Chris Pronger , Scott Stevens Drew Doughty are there , not to say he will be at that level , but then again , he just may. A lot of hockey people were impressed by his WJC , he's got a lot of fans in the game.

He plays no more than 2 years at Michigan imo .

Adam Lowry is hotter than the fourth of July . Pair the production with the smartness , size , character and bloodlines and you have seriously good prospect. Really interesting to see he is now playing C and doing that very well and naturally . Knows the game , tough to play against , he is going to be a very big , strong , driven NHL'er . If he continues his offensive trend over the last couple of years the JETS will have hit a draft home run.

Mark Schiefele has had a really great run since the summer. Heavily scrutinized , so we all are aware of areas that could be better. Those will be imo , another great character , hard working , focused JET on the near horizon . Really has produced and that hasn't stopped him from getting better in the face off circle and being responsibly defensively.

Type of C that will really mesh well with a goal scoring winger that likes to shoot .....hmmmm we have a young proven one right here .

Hockey Night In Winnipeg will have 3 ( new ) stars in a couple of years.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:00 PM
TCsmyth

Is it just me, or does Lowry look MASSIVE? Watched Getzlaf a lot in junior...kinda lookin like him?!

Last edited by TCsmyth: 01-06-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 11:04 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Is it just me, or does Lowry look MASSIVE? Watched Getlaf a lot in junior...kinda lookin like him?!
Legitimate 6'5'' tends to make you massive .

Old
01-07-2013, 09:47 AM
simcity

Anyone know if the Justin Schultz loophole has been closed in the new CBA? It would be nice knowing Trouba is locked in with the Jets.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

Trouba is NOT a candidate for the loophole as other users have stated in the last couple of months several times. That's actually another information for our "sticky wall"

Old
01-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Trouba is NOT a candidate for the loophole as other users have stated in the last couple of months several times. That's actually another information for our "sticky wall"
I think it was the initial one wasn't it?

i laughed as soon as i read that. maybe just a sticky-ed locked thread who's title is "jacob trouba is not eligable for NCAA loophole"

oh, "20+ to play in the AHL" could be added too...

I'm honestly getting very interested in our goalie picks. Anyone have any new news on Kasdorfs injury or when he's expected back? looks like both have been putting up great numbers...

Old
01-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Hammer Slammer
Danish Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Is it just me, or does Lowry look MASSIVE? Watched Getzlaf a lot in junior...kinda lookin like him?!
Yeah, he's instantly recognizable. It's like men vs. boys out there for him.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:13 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
I think it was the initial one wasn't it?

i laughed as soon as i read that. maybe just a sticky-ed locked thread who's title is "jacob trouba is not eligable for NCAA loophole"

oh, "20+ to play in the AHL" could be added too...

I'm honestly getting very interested in our goalie picks. Anyone have any new news on Kasdorfs injury or when he's expected back? looks like both have been putting up great numbers...
Apparently Kas looking good for next week. I don't know what the injury was though.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:21 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

I actually think a sticky: read this before posting: FAQ and General Information... Would be a good thread to put up. Maybe tell Holden to build it it would be best to keep it to facts and not opinions though

Closed Thread