HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Darth Handsome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
this just in.....US collage hockey is pretty darn good.
I've watched US hockey since I was a wee lad. It's terrific. I love American hockey players. It always bothers me when the fool Canadian fans cheer against them when they're playing Sweden or Russia or something. Like, really. If you're Amercian and your passion is hockey, you're all right in my books.

Besides, those kids are all Canadian at heart anyway.....

Old
01-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Adam Lowry update: just 10 minutes into the game tonight and he has already scored...
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/62248

Still a beast.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Hopefully he can translate his success to the NHL, would be quite a nice story.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

He just grabbed another point, an assist this time; that puts him alone in fifth spot in overall scoring....

http://www.whl.ca/stats/show

Look quickly though because it is a live list and there are plenty of other games on tonight.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
He just grabbed another point, an assist this time that puts him alone in fifth spot in overall scoring....

Look quickly though because it is a live list and there are plenty of other games on tonight.
Really, really liking this pick.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Also selected the first star of the game, yet again.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:25 PM
jetkarma

Hotter than the fourth of July.

Do you think Chevy is pumped about all our draft picks this upcoming draft? Give the man his tools and let him build. Lowry is playing lights out , I said it before , but when you add this type of production to the lengthy list of great tangibles he has ... wow ... Seriously growing and dominating stretch he is on.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:56 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Hotter than the fourth of July.

Do you think Chevy is pumped about all our draft picks this upcoming draft? Give the man his tools and let him build. Lowry is playing lights out , I said it before , but when you add this type of production to the lengthy list of great tangibles he has ... wow ... Seriously growing and dominating stretch he is on.
Let's trade all our seconds for a tooon of thirds!!!

Less Sutters! More Kossys and Lowrys!!

...ps jk

Old
01-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Sweech
COYS!

I really do think he has enough upside to be more than a bottom 6er.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:34 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
He just grabbed another point, an assist this time; that puts him alone in fifth spot in overall scoring....

he's 2nd in goals scored in the WHL only one goal behind the lead?

Awesome. I never expected that, not even after his good start into the season. That's more than we could have dreamed about.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:45 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Last year in the 2nd half of the Colts season Telegin really dominated night in night out and was a man amoungst boys and a top OHL talent. His challenge was that it was a speed and skill advantage and when he transitioned to the professional level he took a step back production wise in the short term. Adam's next big challenge will be how he looks in the summer development camp and hopefully the Jets training camp next year. I assume it will be off to the Rock and then it really comes down to how Lowry plays against men? Will he carry over and be a top 6 asset in his first season or will he struggle to adapt? I for one can't wait to see how he tackles the next challenge I would really like to see him as a productive top 6 forward in the AHL in his first season as a pro but the AHL is not an easy league as we know.

Last edited by ps241: 01-10-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old
01-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Huffer

Quote:

Awesome! I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there probably aren't any other 6'5" guys that can hit like a truck on that top 20?

Can't wait to see what he can do next year.

The Lowry thread on the prospects board was also just bumped (I guess 18 goals and 32 points in 18 games will do that):

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=838221

Still only on 12 posts for 2+ years, but Renegade Stylings is a good poster who knows and works in and around the WHL. When he says that Lowry was one of his favorite prospects in the draft, that's pretty good.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Gil Fisher

Lowry also appears to be the only one amongst the top scorers without a line-mate also amongst the leaders....if that means anything.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:53 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
No real mention of him here lately, but Ryan Olsen is playing well too:

He had 1G and 2A last night and he is up to 19G and 19A in 39 games on the season.

He got rolling in December as well with 5G, 14A and 19P over the last 14 games.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:58 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Awesome! I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there probably aren't any other 6'5" guys that can hit like a truck on that top 20?

Can't wait to see what he can do next year.

The Lowry thread on the prospects board was also just bumped (I guess 18 goals and 32 points in 18 games will do that):

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=838221

Still only on 12 posts for 2+ years, but Renegade Stylings is a good poster who knows and works in and around the WHL. When he says that Lowry was one of his favorite prospects in the draft, that's pretty good.

Renegade Stylings also prioritized him as one of his breakout players this year ... bang on for that.

So many tangibles , add that to production? Huge push here for Lowry.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:03 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post

He had 1G and 2A last night and he is up to 19G and 19A in 39 games on the season.

Looks good in the high lights too , big kid , and look at his point production , pretty nice improvement year to year . Finish strong this year and build on that for next year , he has a decent chance imo.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:09 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

There sometimes still are things that changed a lot for me from when this thread was about the Atlanta Thrashers and not the Jets. It's crazy how much I'm following and knowing about our prospects now. Back with the Thrashers, I only knew who our best prospects were, when they got drafted and maybe in which junioer/college league they were playing.

Now I'm even watching crappy OHL streams to see them play. And the main reason for that is Winnipegs media coverage and ESPECIALLY the Jets HFBoard. You're going way deeper as the Thrashers fans did here. Deeper into stats, projections, analyses and many more things and with that, made my hockey world a whole lot bigger. I don't mean to talk bad about the Thrashers fans AT ALL but I guess you can't blame them for it. They used to be a way fewer people here and stereotype or not: Most Canadiens just WILL know better about their hockey.

I jus wanted to let you guys know thanks for the ride and I'm very excited to what will come for us as fans and our team.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
There sometimes still are things that changed a lot for me from when this thread was about the Atlanta Thrashers and not the Jets. It's crazy how much I'm following and knowing about our prospects now. Back with the Thrashers, I only knew who our best prospects were, when they got drafted and maybe in which junioer/college league they are playing.

Now I'm even watching crappy OHL streams to see them play. And the main reason for that is Winnipegs media coverage and ESPECIALLY the Jets HFBoard. You're going way deeper as the Thrashers fans did here. Deeper into stats, projections, analyses and many more things and with that, made my hockey world a whole lot bigger. I don't mean to talk bad about the Thrashers fans AT ALL but I guess you can't blame them for it. They used to be a way fewer people here and stereotype or not: Most Canadiens just WILL know better about their hockey.

I jus wanted to let you guys know thanks for the ride and I'm very excited to what will come for us as fans and our team.
As Canadians we have a little more access to the CHL. Can't fault the Atl fans for that. ...but we do nerd pretty hard on hockey.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:35 PM
scelaton

Quote:
There sometimes still are things that changed a lot for me from when this thread was about the Atlanta Thrashers and not the Jets. It's crazy how much I'm following and knowing about our prospects now. Back with the Thrashers, I only knew who our best prospects were, when they got drafted and maybe in which junioer/college league they were playing.

Do you mind if I ask how you came to be a Thrashers/Jets fan, living across the ocean as you do?
Come to think of it, we have a variety of fans from afar and it would be interesting to know their connection to Winnipeg and Jets hockey.
Not sure if this would be subject matter for a separate thread or if it's too personal.

MODS?

Old
01-10-2013, 01:37 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...621&highlight=

the story is in there =) It was 100% by accident

Old
01-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Quote:
As Canadians we have a little more access to the CHL. Can't fault the Atl fans for that. ...but we do nerd pretty hard on hockey.
This.

HockeyDB is really the only way I could ever follow our prospects.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:

I'm happy to see he's developing. He was put in the wrong role with Saskatoon as he's an offensive player that was asked to play defensive. I suspect because of his size. Getting dealt to Kelowna was possibly the best thing for him and his development.

That being said, I think his defensive game still needs work and while I'd have to dive into the numbers, I tend to get the feeling Olsen collects most of his points on the PP. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'll be looking for better 5v5 play from him next year.

Also he's showing tremendous value for where we picked him.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I'm happy to see he's developing. He was put in the wrong role with Saskatoon as he's an offensive player that was asked to play defensive. I suspect because of his size. Getting dealt to Kelowna was possibly the best thing for him and his development.

That being said, I think his defensive game still needs work and while I'd have to dive into the numbers, I tend to get the feeling Olsen collects most of his points on the PP. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'll be looking for better 5v5 play from him next year.

Also he's showing tremendous value for where we picked him.

what was he, 6th or something no?

Old
01-10-2013, 02:26 PM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
Do you mind if I ask how you came to be a Thrashers/Jets fan, living across the ocean as you do?
Come to think of it, we have a variety of fans from afar and it would be interesting to know their connection to Winnipeg and Jets hockey.
Not sure if this would be subject matter for a separate thread or if it's too personal.

MODS?
Quote:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...621&highlight=

the story is in there =) It was 100% by accident
Great story, which I had not seen, since I've only been around theses boards since July. A belated welcome!

Old
01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
what was he, 6th or something no?
6th round , and he does get PP time and score there, but he doubled his point production last year from the previous year , will do that agin this year barring injury . He has nice hands and can score ( as he is showing ) going to be a solid size as well . 6-2 , 6-3 200 plus.

He could easily be a 40 plus goal guy , 90 point guy next year , depending on his team and linemates of course. It is a realistic expectation though imo.

Last edited by jetkarma: 01-10-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Closed Thread