HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Good for Scheif; wish the Jets had kept him up with the team, frankly.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Aerial

vCash: 500
Not that numbers are a window into a person's head, but sure seems like Scheifele went back to the Colts mad and ready to make the Jets regret it -- exaaaaactly the response you want to see.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Vander Teemuchuk

Was looking on the Ottawa Citizen site for news about Karlsson and found this. haha

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...771/story.html

Old
02-14-2013, 12:22 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 2169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerial View Post
Not that numbers are a window into a person's head, but sure seems like Scheifele went back to the Colts mad and ready to make the Jets regret it -- exaaaaactly the response you want to see.
That's what I was hoping for - an angry Mark Scheifele who channels his anger the right way. So far, he seems to be doing just that. Get him some skate training and strengthening of the legs and he'll be primed for the fall.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:39 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
That's what I was hoping for - an angry Mark Scheifele who channels his anger the right way. So far, he seems to be doing just that. Get him some skate training and strengthening of the legs and he'll be primed for the fall.
I'm super toked for the battle for #2C between Burmistrov and Scheifele next season... It's going to be sweet win-win.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:16 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
That's exactly the last thing we want him doing ... falling (Scheifele Down)

Old
02-14-2013, 11:31 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I'm super toked for the battle for #2C between Burmistrov and Scheifele next season... It's going to be sweet win-win.

Who's the number one C?

Old
02-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Who's the number one C?
jokinen i guess.

I'd be fine with 3 2c's. besides, are wingers are good enoguh that i think they can make up for have quantity over quality at center, especially if we luck into another really good rw edit: or little steps it back up to 30 g territory.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:51 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
jokinen i guess.

I'd be fine with 3 2c's. besides, are wingers are good enoguh that i think they can make up for have quantity over quality at center, especially if we luck into another really good rw edit: or little steps it back up to 30 g territory.
Banking on a lot things to go right , so far that hasn't happened and imo isn't that likely to change.

Burmistrov is yet again getting the opportunity to show he can produce , let's hope he does over the last 3/4's of this season .Maybe next year Scheifele will get the same opportunity.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Banking on a lot things to go right , so far that hasn't happened and imo isn't that likely to change.

Burmistrov is yet again getting the opportunity to show he can produce , let's hope he does over the last 3/4's of this season .Maybe next year Scheifele will get the same opportunity.
sorry i'm not banking on any of that happening this year/next year.

That was more of a theory on how the team could be structured.

rather then the standard:

1 - 1 - 1
2 - 2 - 2
3 - 3 - 3
4 - 4 - 4

I'd be more then happy with

1 - 2 - 1
1 - 2 - 1
3 - 2.5 - 3
4 - 4 - 4

which we're closer to then some may think, Ladd Kane and wheeler are all 1st line talent (ladd being low end but still first line). If you can end up 4 "1st line" talent wingers, i think the strength there can make up/support being a little weaker at center.

so if you end up with (spitballinig here)

Kane - Schiefele - Wheeler
Ladd - Jokinen - (mystery rw)
3rd - Burmi - 3rd
Wright - slater - thorbs/peluso/whoever

that means your either
A)Little steps up into being a very strong rw
B) you fill that via f/a trade

Long term, jokinen can be axed from the list, and little can be your 2nd 2c.

Eitehr way, i think we're a fringe top line rw away from being well constructed.

That or a legitimate 1 c, but i think the RW would be easier to acquire

Old
02-14-2013, 02:30 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 297
Scheifele: back in the OHL for 4 games. 7 goals, 12 points. Think he's angry, and is trying to prove something?

Old
02-14-2013, 03:27 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Who's the number one C?
Jokinen (unfortunately)... unless they find someone else...

I know your thoughts on Burmistrov, but you can't deny that they won't be fighting for that spot at the start of the season. Burmistrov has already begun fighting for it this season, "production" aside.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:06 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Jokinen (unfortunately)... unless they find someone else...

I know your thoughts on Burmistrov, but you can't deny that they won't be fighting for that spot at the start of the season. Burmistrov has already begun fighting for it this season, "production" aside.
At some point and maybe it isn't this year , but the Jets will need results . Positive results or the make up of this team will be altered , maybe substantially.

The reason I asked is that I still believe Scheifele has a pretty good shot at being the number 1 C here , at least with the options available.

Rather we had a veteran that could handle that spot and produce , but to date we don't.

If this malaise continues it will not surprise me to see major moves starting just prior to the deadline. At that point imo Chevy will know those he wants to go forward with and those he doesn't , and if he gets what he considers good value in return we could see a couple big pieces that seemed to be entrenched here gone.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Gm0ney

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Scheifele: back in the OHL for 4 games. 7 goals, 12 points. Think he's angry, and is trying to prove something?
Is he on the 4th line with a couple of 16 year old goons?

Old
02-14-2013, 05:21 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 0
Quote:
Dropping a hint for your views on Lowry . Ooops there it was.
Have posted about him in various threads, including this one and on the prospect boards. To put it simply, I love him. He's fantastic. I compared him to Ryan Clowe in his draft year and think that prediction is well on it's way to coming true.

He's a mountain, plays any situation and his skating has improved to a point where I think he could be in the NHL pretty soon.

Have seen him flat out dominate games throughout his WHL career and I'm very jealous of the prospect you guys have on your hands.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:27 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
He isn't 16, but Camara has a few goony qualities and has faced a number of suspensions.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:55 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Have posted about him in various threads, including this one and on the prospect boards. To put it simply, I love him. He's fantastic. I compared him to Ryan Clowe in his draft year and think that prediction is well on it's way to coming true.

He's a mountain, plays any situation and his skating has improved to a point where I think he could be in the NHL pretty soon.

Have seen him flat out dominate games throughout his WHL career and I'm very jealous of the prospect you guys have on your hands.
Thanks for the reply. I know you have posted what you have mentioned, was more wondering if you had a personal update since he went on this elongated run. Which the comment re skating , readiness is , ty for that. Pretty excited for his possibilities , trying to temper the enthusiasm , but not doing that very well !

Old
02-14-2013, 06:19 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Is he on the 4th line with a couple of 16 year old goons?
Does first line with a nineteen year old semi-goon count?

I'll take that back - Camara could turn out to be a poor mans Lucic, if his progression continues.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Gm0ney

Quote:
Does first line with a nineteen year old semi-goon count?

I'll take that back - Camara could turn out to be a poor mans Lucic, if his progression continues.
Yeah, Camara's a pretty talented goon... 8th in goals, 25th in points. And Boston property, too. Great...

Old
02-14-2013, 09:18 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 2169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Yeah, Camara's a pretty talented goon... 8th in goals, 25th in points. And Boston property, too. Great...
Lucic lite - for people who don't want the calories of a full Lucic.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:22 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post

Good comparison I believe it was in the article in the Free Press recently where Lowry says he models his game after Clowe as well.

How has Lukas Sutter been doing? Obviously there was allot of concern with our fan base on how he started the season.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:26 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Just refreshed Trouba's prospect thread. Now that he is back in Michigan He definatley flies way under the radar on the prospects board.

3 points last game......AS A FRESHMAN he is now averaging .74 PPG. He leads the team in PP points, leads the team in PP goals, despite missing games due to the WJC and suspension he is tied for 2nd in team scoring. Leads the team in nastiness. Remember this is from a guy who's strength was projected to be a very physical shut down defender which he is as well.

Mr. Trouba's toolbox overfloweth

Old
02-14-2013, 10:39 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Just refreshed Trouba's prospect thread. Now that he is back in Michigan He definatley flies way under the radar on the prospects board.

3 points last game......AS A FRESHMAN he is now averaging .74 PPG. He leads the team in PP points, leads the team in PP goals, despite missing games due to the WJC and suspension he is tied for 2nd in team scoring. Leads the team in nastiness. Remember this is from a guy who's strength was projected to be a very physical shut down defender which he is as well.

Mr. Trouba's toolbox overfloweth
troubox

Old
02-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Boreal

Trouba is a blue-chipper. The Jets have a nice top-3 prospects in the cupboard in Trouba, Scheifele and Lowry. ...even if the dropoff after that is pretty severe, those three are nice.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:31 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Trouba is a blue-chipper. The Jets have a nice top-3 prospects in the cupboard in Trouba, Scheifele and Lowry. ...even if the dropoff after that is pretty severe, those three are nice.
Very nice top three , I would take that for every two years .

There are some late picks that may fill the level below , we'll see , having those three be a significant core to this team within two years is easier to envision with each month.

Last edited by jetkarma: 02-14-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Closed Thread