HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part X)

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 1252
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
For what it's worth I always thought Randy got an overly rough ride. There was so much negativity when we signed him that I don't think people ever gave him an opportunity.
I was actually excited about the signing.

I thought he'd be a decent defensive carryover from TB.

...except he wasn't.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:02 PM
scelaton

vCash: 500
I have been on the Oiler and main boards responding to expressions of interest in a trade for Sam Gagner. I have proposed a Gagner-package for a Jets' defenceman-package.
The fact is that we are relatively deep in defencemen (at least 9 in our orbit, including Kulda, not including Trouba, who are NHL ready), but short a top-6 forward. The premise is that Enstrom, Bogo and Trouba are untouchable, but anyone else is fair game. Hainsey, Kulda, Stuart and Postma have trade value but are expendable in this runt of a season. Not to mention B-B-Bu....ah, never mind!
So far I have received no responses positive or negative, from the outside world, so I am throwing myself open to your abuse. Be gentle.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:53 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
I have been on the Oiler and main boards responding to expressions of interest in a trade for Sam Gagner. I have proposed a Gagner-package for a Jets' defenceman-package.
The fact is that we are relatively deep in defencemen (at least 9 in our orbit, including Kulda, not including Trouba, who are NHL ready), but short a top-6 forward. The premise is that Enstrom, Bogo and Trouba are untouchable, but anyone else is fair game. Hainsey, Kulda, Stuart and Postma have trade value but are expendable in this runt of a season. Not to mention B-B-Bu....ah, never mind!
So far I have received no responses positive or negative, from the outside world, so I am throwing myself open to your abuse. Be gentle.
I don't really think that Gagner is much of an upgrade tbh. If anything we need another upgrade to our top 4, not trade some away.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:27 AM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I don't really think that Gagner is much of an upgrade tbh. If anything we need another upgrade to our top 4, not trade some away.
Not much of an upgrade to what?
Compared to our top line:
Gagner is younger (23) than Litttle, Ladd and Wheeler
He has already played more NHL games than all but Ladd
He has more PPG in the NHL than any of our top 3, but is just approaching his statistical peak production years.

Gagner was an OHL scoring phenom in his last year (>2 PPG, compared Scheif's ~ 1.6), but is seen as a disappointment by many in Edmonton and elsewhere. It's hard to look good next to Eberle, Hall and RNH, but I would not be surprised to see him break out if given the opportunity.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think Gagner would blossom away from Edmonton. He was a joy to watch early, seems to have been beaten down a bit by the org, it's losing and injury. Now with the shiny new toys I think his role is lessened.

I'd love to have Gagner on this team. I would love to do a Hainsey plus deal for him.

01-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Sweech
COYS!

On the topic of guys that get pretty bashed around here...I nominate Byfuglien as the player I actually love.

He's one of my favourite players and his offensive contributions most definitely outweigh the defensive gaffs. Which, by the way, there weren't many of those as the season progressed.

I think Byfuglien is an important part of the core. I'm not against trading him, but for a guy who puts up as much points as he does, he gets thrown in some absolutely garbage trades.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:24 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Hmmm...

Offensively very nice. His pts/toi is similar to Ladd and Little. The guy would fit well in being the playmaker between those two, I think.
Corsi is not too great, but he's on a low Fenwick team. FO isn't the greatest either.

Rather have Zajac but I wouldn't fight Gagner from being on our team!

Old
01-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Hmmm...

Offensively very nice. His pts/toi is similar to Ladd and Little. The guy would fit well in being the playmaker between those two, I think.
Corsi is not too great, but he's on a low Fenwick team. FO isn't the greatest either.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:41 AM
Daddy Longlegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Hey: have you thought about putting this in your signature? Would save you a bunch of time - wouldn't have to retype it every few days.

Seriously: I would love to have Duchene on the Jets, as I'm sure many would, but ... What would you consider that + to be?
Great question. I would leave the 1st round picks out of it. I would be very open to suggestion? Hainsey? Byfuglien? Burmistrov? I'd do any one of those trades at the drop of a hat for Duchene.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:34 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

assuming Scheifele is NHL ready next season, would a Bryan Little for Nick Leddy deal make sense?

Old
01-03-2013, 02:57 AM
Daddy Longlegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
assuming Scheifele is NHL ready next season, would a Bryan Little for Nick Leddy deal make sense?
Don't like that trade. Do we really need another defenseman? a right handed defenseman? no thanks.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Leddy showed some flashes. I'd hold on to Little due to versatility though. I also think Chicago would have to add.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
Don't like that trade. Do we really need another defenseman? a right handed defenseman? no thanks.
Leddy's a lefty and is 21 hence I figured he could fit with Bogo/Enstrom Trouba/Leddy

What would Chicago add? Wouldn't think they do it if they have to add but Little could be a 2C for them they desperately need and we have made some deals with the hawks before.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:08 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Not much of an upgrade to what?
Compared to our top line:
Gagner is younger (23) than Litttle, Ladd and Wheeler
He has already played more NHL games than all but Ladd
He has more PPG in the NHL than any of our top 3, but is just approaching his statistical peak production years.

Gagner was an OHL scoring phenom in his last year (>2 PPG, compared Scheif's ~ 1.6), but is seen as a disappointment by many in Edmonton and elsewhere. It's hard to look good next to Eberle, Hall and RNH, but I would not be surprised to see him break out if given the opportunity.
There is no way that he would be worth Buff...which is kind of what you were angling at, at least tht wa my impression anyways. I'd be all for trading for him if the price was right. Like Jet said, Hainsey+ or something.

However, I'd like to point out that I suggested obtaining Gagner after his 8pt game and people tore me apart for it lol. I see what you guys are doing.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:53 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
There is no way that he would be worth Buff...which is kind of what you were angling at, at least tht wa my impression anyways. I'd be all for trading for him if the price was right. Like Jet said, Hainsey+ or something.

However, I'd like to point out that I suggested obtaining Gagner after his 8pt game and people tore me apart for it lol. I see what you guys are doing.
People don't like people who accuse two people to be one people

Old
01-03-2013, 07:55 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Hmmm...

Gagner will probably be cheaper too.

Due to his contract status he may be available cheap. I'd gladly move Postma and a pick for Sam if he would resign.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:00 AM
sully1410

Quote:
People don't like people who accuse two people to be one people
Alls I'm saying is that it's weird how much the two of you agree. Two separate people should have disagreed by now at least once, and in the year that I've been on the boards...it hasn't happened once.

Maybe your dating, and scared to disagree with one another for fear of hurting the others feelings.(I can see it now, why couldn't you have just taken my side on that disagreement with Huffer??!!!??!?)

Maybe the pair of you share a brain from some sort of weird freak experiment.

Maybe your the same person,

I don't know, I'm just saying its weird.

()

Old
01-03-2013, 11:06 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Maybe one is paying the other one to make him look like an insanely well informed expert about hockey.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:16 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Maybe one is paying the other one to make him look like an insanely well informed expert about hockey.
That is by far more likely then either of my scenarios.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:27 AM
scelaton

Quote:
Alls I'm saying is that it's weird how much the two of you agree. Two separate people should have disagreed by now at least once, and in the year that I've been on the boards...it hasn't happened once.

Maybe your dating, and scared to disagree with one another for fear of hurting the others feelings.(I can see it now, why couldn't you have just taken my side on that disagreement with Huffer??!!!??!?)

()
LOL, I like the dating theory, although it is...how would they put it... statistically unlikely.
I have this weird mental image of them clutching each other, which may be why they so adamantly deny that clutch exists in hockey.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
That is by far more likely then either of my scenarios.
I think we actually did disagree on something on here once.

I think we just use a similar rational/logic process so we come to similar conclusions.

maybe were both just geniuses and we both always agree because we are both always 100% correct ?

i think that's what it must be

Old
01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
LOL, I like the dating theory, although it is...how would they put it... statistically unlikely.
I have this weird mental image of them clutching each other, which may be why they so adamantly deny that clutch exists in hockey.

Very unlikely...not to mention the statistical likelihood of a marriage failing, regardless of distance.. i'll get back to you with some numbers shortly..

(i kid, i'm not looking up marriage stats)

Old
01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
I think we actually did disagree on something on here once.

I think we just use a similar rational/logic process so we come to similar conclusions.

maybe were both just geniuses and we both always agree because we are both always 100% correct ?

i think that's what it must be
Disagree? I don't believe it, I demand to see the proof!

They do say great minds think alike...but you two? Great minds...pffft...that's cute

Old
01-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1500
Gagner is a good player and stuff... but he also happens to pretty much be a smurf, relatively speaking. In case some of you haven't noticed, the Jets are by-design intentionally moving away from icing smaller forwards. I'd rather do something like offer Burmistrov+ to NJD in exchange for Zajac (if he'll sign an extension here). That at least gives NJD a plausible alternative to the realization that they probably cannot afford Zajac going forward, and continues to advance the Jets plan to get bigger up front as well.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Gagner is a good player and stuff... but he also happens to be a smurf, relatively speaking. In case some of you haven't noticed, the Jets are by-design intentionally moving away from icing smaller forwards.

I'd rather do something like offer Burmistrov to NJD in exchange for Zajac (if he'll sign an extension here). That at least gives NJD a plausible alternative to the realization that they probably cannot afford Zajac going forward, and continues to advance the Jets plan to get bigger up front as well.
Yes, but as in Nintendo hockey, you need all shapes and sizes to ice a good team: small, medium, and fat.

Seriously, though. we are not a small team by any stretch of the imagination, and if you can upgrade a small Wellwood with a vastly more talented small Gagner, IMHO you do it. Small forwards can be great for your team as long as they don't dominate your team.

Closed Thread