HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part X)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 07:55 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Apparently Eric Fehr has left HPK and is coming back to North America - guesses on where he might be going for a TC?

Twitter search: https://twitter.com/search/realtime?...+fehr&src=typd

Someone was speculating Phoenix.
Would be a saavy move by the Yotes

Old
01-10-2013, 07:58 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Agree - low risk, potential high reward. He appears to be "game ready" this year - had a great stint with HPK. Hopefully that translates to the NHL for him this year.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Jet
Spoiled Rotten

IMHO there is no way it's not the Jets. He had his Jets pic up all summer, he stays in close contact with other Jets, and just the way everything that went down last season I just think he will be back here.

EDIT: I just noticed he still has his location on Twitter as Winnipeg.

01-10-2013, 10:45 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
Quote:
Crossing fingers

Old
01-10-2013, 10:54 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

I would have no problem if the Jets take a 2nd look at Eric. We have a void at right wing after Wheeler so lets see what he has this year?

If the Yotes get him for a try out I would be curious to see how Tippett maximizes his potential?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:05 AM
tacogeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I would have no problem if the Jets take a 2nd look at Eric. We have a void at right wing after Wheeler so lets see what he has this year?

If the Yotes get him for a try out I would be curious to see how Tippett maximizes his potential?
Ill be perfectly honest and say what I said last year when we acquired him. Eric's body cannot handle the physicallity at the NHL level.

Since 07 he has missed 139 pro games (AHL/NHL)
He missed 35 games last season alone.

I was hopeing he would prove me wrong last season but with 3 points and injuries I really dont think we should look at him this season.

JMO but what the heck give the man a try out

Old
01-10-2013, 11:08 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Ill be perfectly honest and say what I said last year when we acquired him. Eric's body cannot handle the physicallity at the NHL level.

Since 07 he has missed 139 pro games (AHL/NHL)
He missed 35 games last season alone.

I was hopeing he would prove me wrong last season but with 3 points and injuries I really dont think we should look at him this season.

JMO but what the heck give the man a try out
He may prove you wrong yet.

If you can nab him for cheap, I'd say it is worth the gamble.

Give him 2011 Kyle Wellwood money.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:17 AM
tacogeoff

Quote:
He may prove you wrong yet.

If you can nab him for cheap, I'd say it is worth the gamble.

Give him 2011 Kyle Wellwood money.
Time will tell indeed and he will def be on the cheap.

On a plus side he was doing well overseas with HPK in finland but I can honestly say I do not know their style of game in the SM.... is it fairly wide open with little contact or is it more North American style?

Old
01-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
On a plus side he was doing well overseas with HPK in finland but I can honestly say I do not know their style of game in the SM.... is it fairly wide open with little contact or is it more North American style?
Of all the leagues in Europe, SM-Liiga would be easily the most "NA style". Rinks in Finland tend to be smaller than IIHF standard, but slightly bigger than NHL (they vary). Finnish players also tend to play with more grit and grinding than any other nation. It is by no means the East-West wide open game the KHL plays, but nor is it the straight North-South grinding game we play here in Canada. A good mix, makes it interesting to watch.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
I thought he'd be in the FLA camp? I'm confused.
Unless the KHL does decide to declare war AND Kostitsyn is willing to leave a solid situation for solid money in KHL for a mere camp tryout there is zero chance Kostitsyn is in FLA camp. They may have asked, but I see absolutely no reason he would come over for a camp invite this year in a short camp.

AFAIK, KHL refused to negotiate in mid-season NHL opt-clauses for unsigned players. Which is why although guys like Malkin and Kulemin left Magnitogorsk Ryan O'Reilly was still playing as of this week, he is another guy I cannot see coming back this season (maybe not even next year snce he signed a two year deal, not sure if he has an NHL opt-out in that contract).

Old
01-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Unless the KHL does decide to declare war AND Kostitsyn is willing to leave a solid situation for solid money in KHL for a mere camp tryout there is zero chance Kostitsyn is in FLA camp. They may have asked, but I see absolutely no reason he would come over for a camp invite this year in a short camp.

AFAIK, KHL refused to negotiate in mid-season NHL opt-clauses for unsigned players. Which is why although guys like Malkin and Kulemin left Magnitogorsk Ryan O'Reilly was still playing as of this week, he is another guy I cannot see coming back this season (maybe not even next year snce he signed a two year deal, not sure if he has an NHL opt-out in that contract).
If he doesn't that has to be one of the biggest mistakes O'Reilly has ever made.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:47 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
If he doesn't that has to be one of the biggest mistakes O'Reilly has ever made.
Tell Chevy to trade Postma for his rights.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
jetkarma*

Someone on 1290 yesterday said , ( think it was Brian Munz ) that some players aren't good fit for organizations when Fehr's name was mentioned as a possible signing take it fwiw.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Jet
Spoiled Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Someone on 1290 yesterday said , ( think it was Brian Munz ) that some players aren't good fit for organizations when Fehr's name was mentioned as a possible signing take it fwiw.
That is a good point. I was thinking about it yesterday as in where Fehr would fit in this lineup. We seem to have a tonne of 3rd liner/ fringe 2nd liners. Him playing RW is a positive if he could be relied upon in a scoring role.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:46 PM
almostawake

Quote:
It was misreported by RDS. The Panthers reached out to Kostitsyn but his agent wouldn't even give them the time of day.

Quote:
O'Reilly has an out clause that can be exercised if he's offered more money than he's currently making with Magnitogorsk. I do not know how much that is. IMO a pretty good move by his agent.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Anyone think that because we have yet to be moved to a new division we're missing out on some trade opportunities?

- Trades with South East teams are limited as we're division rivals.
- Trades with Central teams could be limited as we're soon to be division rivals.

That being said we made a deal with Chicago, but I think that had more to do with Chevy being friends with the organization than anything.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
O'Reilly has an out clause that can be exercised if he's offered more money than he's currently making with Magnitogorsk. I do not know how much that is. IMO a pretty good move by his agent.
Sounds familiar, but can it be used mid-season? That's the question here, KHL are known for being very stringent on NHL out-clauses, they absolutely hate giving them out, I'm not sure if O'Reilly was able to get a mid-season one...the off-season since it was a 2 year deal with Magnitogorsk, yeah I can see that, but mid-season...don't think a KHL GM takes that...just my opinion.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:55 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Sounds familiar, but can it be used mid-season? That's the question here, KHL are known for being very stringent on NHL out-clauses, they absolutely hate giving them out, I'm not sure if O'Reilly was able to get a mid-season one...the off-season since it was a 2 year deal with Magnitogorsk, yeah I can see that, but mid-season...don't think a KHL GM takes that...just my opinion.
He has one. It was widely reported when he signed.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:45 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Thank you. I just now figured out what the **** everybody meant when they type FWIW. Stupid ****ing acronyms.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Thank you. I just now figured out what the **** everybody meant when they type FWIW. Stupid ****ing acronyms.
there's still a couple of acronyms people use on these boards that I can only guess at as well.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:50 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Quote:
gary lawless ‏@garylawless

Bumped into Eric Fehr at Toronto airport - on his way back to Winnipeg looking for an NHL job (not with #NHLJets). If not, back to Finland
I tweeted him back asking for clarification, because he didn't word that very well. Just wondering if the Jets were still an option.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:11 AM
jetkarma*

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
I tweeted him back asking for clarification, because he didn't word that very well. Just wondering if the Jets were still an option.
Fairly certain Fehr isn't coming back to or will be back with the Jets.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:22 AM
almostawake

Quote:
My understanding is it can be used at any point in time.

Regarding the KHL and out-clauses, they really hate clauses that make them look like an inferior league. ie. if a team from league X (NHL) offers you any contract you can void your KHL contract on the spot.

It makes them second rate.

On the other hand, this clause gets around that because it only depends on him getting a better offer. Then it's not necessarily an KHL/NHL thing, it's just a pure money thing. It definitely sits a lot better with KHL brass.

I have a feeling his salary is high enough to make things uncomfortable for the Avs.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:15 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

With Fehr in game shape and having performed well in the FEL (he outscored the likes of J. Jokinen, Turris, Eller and Boedker), I wouldn't mind inviting him to training camp. If he plays well, it gives us a good option for the second line.

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Jokinen-Fehr
Poni-Burmi-Antro
Thorburn-Slater-Wellwood

IMO, that is a deep line up.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:31 AM
GJF
Beaver Jedi

Even if he's in good shape and condition: You don't want Fehr to be on your 2nd line.

Closed Thread