HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part X)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Pens put Zatkoff on waivers, please pick him up. I really like this guy and would love to see him and Pasquale on the Rock. He could end up being Pav's backup down the road, at least a better chance than Dekanich.
Cannot happen. If you claim someone from waivers, you must put them back on waivers to send the to AHL. Then the Pens can simply reclaim him and send him to Wilkes-Barre without clearing waivers.

Winnipeg could have signed him as a UFA this off-season, but choose not to. Got to think if they wanted him he would have signed here since he left LA due to no room at NHL level for a while, and ended up in Pittsburgh which equally had no room for now, but Winnipeg could have offered him a real chance to have a spot.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
This!

Plus Kane is younger and has more upside.
Benn can play LW or C, so i can see him playing LW with Jokinen and Scheifele just as well.

I might be in the minority here, but i think Benn is the better player now, and hasn't reached his full potential either. The guy can also throw his knuckles around at bit, just google his fight wth Iginla.

Honestly, if Kane isn't a 'fit' in Winnipeg and Benn is available and could be had for Kane, i would make that deal. Kane might be the better goal scorer (though that's hard to judge) in the future, but Benn is a better player overall.

Not many players i would trade EKane for, but Benn would be one. He would instantly be a fan favorite in the Peg based on how he plays. A bit of a throw back player, who would make the Jets better.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:40 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Benn can play LW or C, so i can see him playing LW with Jokinen and Scheifele just as well.

I might be in the minority here, but i think Benn is the better player now, and hasn't reached his full potential either. The guy can also throw his knuckles around at bit, just google his fight wth Iginla.

Honestly, if Kane isn't a 'fit' in Winnipeg and Benn is available and could be had for Kane, i would make that deal. Kane might be the better goal scorer (though that's hard to judge) in the future, but Benn is a better player overall.

Not many players i would trade EKane for, but Benn would be one. He would instantly be a fan favorite in the Peg based on how he plays. A bit of a throw back player, who would make the Jets better.
I agree, 100%. However, I doubt he's available lol

Old
01-14-2013, 04:30 AM
Inflict
Viking

So apparently Zach Boychuck is on waivers. Should the Jets place a claim for him? I think so. He is only 23 years old and could make an impact down the road if he can reach some of his potential.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
So apparently Zach Boychuck is on waivers. Should the Jets place a claim for him? I think so. He is only 23 years old and could make an impact down the road if he can reach some of his potential.
Ehhhn, I'm not sure. I don't think he'd bit out our similarly aged players. I'd claim him on NHL13 though.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:13 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Could be a nice nab. Not sure if they could give him any ice time thought.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1500
The Jets didn't put a claim in for Zach Boychuck the last time he was on waivers IIRC, so not sure why they would now? He hasn't suddenly become a better player since the last time they took a pass on him. Nothing has changed other than the passage of time.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:23 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Kid is top6 or bust type. Sure he can play with an edge but he's not big or defensive enough for NHL bottom 6.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
If my memory is correct Zach Boychuk has never been placed on waivers by Carolina (yet) during a season or what not. This is the first season he is waiver eligible.

It has never come together for Zach in Carolina, but over my years as a Canes fan I had always been a fan and rooted for him. Carolina isn't exactly an ideal place for young players (Over the Maurice years. If you didn't produce at the instant you played you were toast) and it would be good for Boychuk to get a fresh start. In my opinion they just screwed around with him so damn much.

I would be pretty shocked if nobody claimed him. He is certainly worth taking a flyer on. Not exactly sure where he would fit it in here given our depth, so I doubt we put in a claim. I think somebody will though. Calgary maybe.

Last edited by Guerzy: 01-14-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
If my memory is correct Zach Boychuk has never been placed on waivers by Carolina (yet) during a season or what not. This is the first season he is waiver eligible.
He was indeed placed on the waiver wire back in Sept 2012...

http://www.discoverairdrie.com/index...=2934&Itemid=5

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...er-pn.cgi?6494

Old
01-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Ya, but it was pretty well a "respect" thing across the league not to place claims given the looming lockout. Aside from that, he has yet to be placed on waivers as this season is the first in which he is eligible.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Ya, but it was pretty well a "respect" thing across the league not to place claims given the looming lockout. Aside from that, he has yet to be placed on waivers as this season is the first in which he is eligible.
Yes, I agree, but he was on waivers previously.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yes, I agree, but he was on waivers previously.

Technically speaking, yes, but it didn't mean the same as it would right now (why I said "during a season") given the circumstances.

As for Boychuk on waivers, has anyone seen a link or something to it? I've yet to find anything. As far as I can tell he's still in camp with Carolina.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Technically speaking, yes, but it didn't mean the same as it would right now (why I said "during a season") given the circumstances.

As for Boychuk on waivers, has anyone seen a link or something to it? I've yet to find anything. As far as I can tell he's still in camp with Carolina.
The only link I can find is...
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405254

Old
01-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:
I heard about Boychuk from the main boards. It was apparently a tweet from @RenLavoieRDS, but I can't find it anywhere. I guess I should check these sources more often.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The only link I can find is...
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405254

I know of September, I am speaking in terms of right now, today. Someone said he was going to be or was on waivers, I can't find anything.

Quote:
I heard about Boychuk from the main boards. It was apparently a tweet from @RenLavoieRDS, but I can't find it anywhere. I guess I should check these sources more often.
Thanks, I'll take a browse at his twitter.

Edit: Checked it out, still can't find anything.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:10 PM
meedle

Did you see on the main board rumor that the Jets were inquiring about JVR? Wondering what they have in mind giving up.

I'm going to guess its Little+ for JVR since that would allow Jokinen to play with ladd/wheeler and Schiefele can move to center and play with Kane/JVR

Old
01-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by meedle View Post
Did you see on the main board rumor that the Jets were inquiring about JVR? Wondering what they have in mind giving up.
According to who? Sorry, I don't like to go on the main boards

Also, I see Ryan Potulny is on waivers... do we bother trying to reclaim him? I like him better than Thorburn (though I like anyone better than Thorburn )

Honestly I don't see us putting in a claim at this point.

01-14-2013, 01:17 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Speculation on TSN1290

Old
01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
meedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
This is the quote from the main boards

"And after a couple of minutes, I heard them saying they have heard from 2 sources that Jets are very interested in JVR of the Leafs and they have inquired about him quite a few times the last couple of days."

Old
01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
DespoticNewt

Posted this in the rumour thread.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see if Chevy's testing the water to see how much faith MLSE has in Burke's last trade for the team. No idea what we'd give up, though I can see a conditional 2nd rounder being thrown in there somewhere.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I have a hard time seeing Toronto trading Van Riemsdyk already, but, I guess you never know. I'd be surprised though. I doubt we have anything to offer that would get that sort of trade done anyhow.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Speculation on TSN1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by meedle View Post
This is the quote from the main boards

"And after a couple of minutes, I heard them saying they have heard from 2 sources that Jets are very interested in JVR of the Leafs and they have inquired about him quite a few times the last couple of days."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Posted this in the rumour thread.
Wow! Honestly, I thought we'd be lowering our US content after acquiring the team, not raising it

Honestly, though, my opinion of US players have changed, especially since their quality and attitude has really improved over the past few years. What would you guys give up for him? What would the Leafs need?

Old
01-14-2013, 01:25 PM
DespoticNewt

Leafs still need a goalie and some D. They've a pretty weak bottom 6, too.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:27 PM
meedle

I wonder if there is a 3 way trade in the works to get Luongo out of vancouver.

Closed Thread