HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 03:33 PM
sniper81

vCash: 500
so are Canucks fans expecting Lupul and a first still? or what has the value gotten to at this point?

Old
12-05-2012, 03:35 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
so are Canucks fans expecting Lupul and a first still? or what has the value gotten to at this point?
apparently bozak is worth more than luongo to some poster.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:37 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
apparently bozak is worth more than luongo to some poster.
Someone offered Bozak, Frattin and 2 seconds and got laughed at. So what are Canucks fans expecting?

Old
12-05-2012, 03:44 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Y2K, does not speak for any other Canucks fans.

His expectations are absolutely unrealistic.

Kulemin, Bozak and a prospect would be a very generous package.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
That's what I'd want in order to pull the trigger. It might end up being something like Bozak/Kulemin, Kadri/Frattin, and a 1st and I wouldn't be too put out. But personally I'm not really high on Bozak or Frattin, but whatever. Luongo's value is possibly the most volatile of any player in the league in that he might be worth virtually anything at this point in time, depending on who's interested.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:53 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
That's what I'd want in order to pull the trigger. It might end up being something like Bozak/Kulemin, Kadri/Frattin, and a 1st and I wouldn't be too put out. But personally I'm not really high on Bozak or Frattin, but whatever. Luongo's value is possibly the most volatile of any player in the league in that he might be worth virtually anything at this point in time, depending on who's interested.
Understandable, you guys have to know that after what Leaf fans have gone through that there is no chance our first gets added.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Understandable, you guys have to know that after what Leaf fans have gone through that there is no chance our first gets added.
If you're saying Burke will be afraid of the fan reaction if he trades a 1st, I think it would be a far bigger fan reaction if he misses the playoffs again. If that happens, it's likely he loses his job, in which case it won't matter to him where he picks. Obviously he won't gut the team's future, but Toronto has one of the better prospect pools in the leaague, and their core is mostly aged 25-30(Kessel, Phaneuf, Grabovski, Lupul). I don't see the 1st as untouchable, especially if it were conditional on it not being a top-10 pick, for example.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Kylie Sven Opossum

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
You're wrong. Raymond isn't known for his size, but he's a strong defensive player who is an important player on our PK. I could see someone valuing Kulemin slightly higher than Raymond given his size, but he's a slight upgrade at best.
You are wrong. Kulemin is more than a slight upgrade. Your claim is disingenuous at best; homerism at worst...

Old
12-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie Sven Opossum View Post
You are wrong. Kulemin is more than a slight upgrade. Your claim is disingenuous at best; homerism at worst...
How so? They're probably equally good defensively, both coming off bad seasons due to reasons beyond their control, Raymond is faster, while Kulemin is more physical. There's not much reason to prefer one over the other, except maybe contract status.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
come again?

Old
12-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Numbers

Quote:
It all depends how Kulemin plays in the next season. There is no guarantee of anything. 30 goals one season and 7 another. Very volatile. Kulemin might be one of those players whose career will be defined by inconsistency. Hard to tell right now. Though one telling sign is previous to his 30 goal breakout he put up 15 and 16 goals in 2 prior seasons. If I had to guess he looks like a 20-20 guy (goals-assists) going forward..

Old
12-05-2012, 04:15 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
How so?

12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Y2K, does not speak for any other Canucks fans.

His expectations are absolutely unrealistic.

Kulemin, Bozak and a prospect would be a very generous package.
Disagree. Kulemin is more of what we have too much of. I don't see why he would be a good target.

Bozak isn't anything special. He'd be a third liner here at best. A worse offensive version of what we had with Hodgson last year and a defensive liability.

You don't trade a player like Luongo for that package.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:19 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
7 goals for Kulemin.

Raymond 10 in 55 games after a spinal fracture.

The epitome of MARGINAL.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Disagree. Kulemin is more of what we have too much of. I don't see why he would be a good target.

Bozak isn't anything special. He'd be a third liner here at best. A worse offensive version of what we had with Hodgson last year and a defensive liability.

You don't trade a player like Luongo for that package.

If Luongo had 2 years left I would agree. His contract is terrible and brings his value down tremendously.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:27 PM
sniper81

Quote:
If you're saying Burke will be afraid of the fan reaction if he trades a 1st, I think it would be a far bigger fan reaction if he misses the playoffs again. If that happens, it's likely he loses his job, in which case it won't matter to him where he picks. Obviously he won't gut the team's future, but Toronto has one of the better prospect pools in the leaague, and their core is mostly aged 25-30(Kessel, Phaneuf, Grabovski, Lupul). I don't see the 1st as untouchable, especially if it were conditional on it not being a top-10 pick, for example.
I Don't think thatscorrect, majority of leaf fans would rather miss the playoffs and get that prospect then see it traded away and haunt us. The best condition for that pick would be for the Leafs to just keep it.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
I Don't think thatscorrect, majority of leaf fans would rather miss the playoffs and get that prospect then see it traded away and haunt us. The best condition for that pick would be for the Leafs to just keep it.
Really? You think the majority of Leafs fans would rather get a top-10 pick than make the playoffs?

I have to say I disagree.(but that's just my opinion, based on Leafs fans I know)

Old
12-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Kylie Sven Opossum

Quote:
How so?
Easy. Kulemin plays a more physical game and has better hockey sense. All things aren't equal because Raymond benefits by playing for a team that's better statistically.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Easy. Kulemin plays a more physical game and has better hockey sense. All things aren't equal because Raymond benefits by playing for a team that's better statistically.
And Raymond is faster and has a lot more competition for top-6 ice time and is coming off a back injury.

Old
sniper81

Quote:
Really? You think the majority of Leafs fans would rather get a top-10 pick than make the playoffs?

I have to say I disagree.(but that's just my opinion, based on Leafs fans I know)
Yes, it would suck not making the playoffs again but it benefits us more in the longrun to get another potential blue chip prospect.

Old
DougGilmour93

Moving forward...

To Toronto:
Jordan Schroeder
Keith Ballard (salary dump)
Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver:
Tyler Bozak
Nazem Kadri
Carter Ashton
Cody Franson

Thoughts?

Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
If Luongo had 2 years left I would agree. His contract is terrible and brings his value down tremendously.
Disagree. If he had 2 years you wouldn't want to give up much for him cuz you'd be complaining about how he will be a UFA by the time the Leafs will contend, or that his cap hit is too high. At least with his contract right now he has a low cap hit.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:34 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
7 goals for Kulemin.

Raymond 10 in 55 games after a spinal fracture.

The epitome of MARGINAL.
hilarious example of the range of subjectivity around here
i hope gillis keeps to a high asking price ...doesnt come down too far from that monster ask last spring
and if there's no market, let the games begin ... let the goalie situations shake down, let some situations get urgent, let his stock rise. Could it fall, unlikely given the overall mediocre calibre of the proposals around here

Old
12-05-2012, 04:34 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Moving forward...

To Toronto:
Jordan Schroeder
Keith Ballard (salary dump)
Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver:
Tyler Bozak
Nazem Kadri
Carter Ashton
Cody Franson

Thoughts?
Getting farther apart. I prefer Schroeder to any individual piece coming from the Leafs side, and wouldn't trade Luongo alone for that package.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:35 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Disagree. If he had 2 years you wouldn't want to give up much for him cuz you'd be complaining about how he will be a UFA by the time the Leafs will contend, or that his cap hit is too high. At least with his contract right now he has a low cap hit.
it never ends

Closed Thread