HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 06:18 PM
TmlHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Replace luongo with Corey Crawford and you have a deal.
We shouldn't be giving up so many of our young assets for a 33 year old goaltender.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:32 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
LL, You've been one of the more composed/reasonable fans in this thread.

I was saying a few pages back, I wonder how both GMs would look at a scaled down version of Gillis original asking price (Gardiner, 5th, Frattin, Bozak).

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri (sub for Gardiner)
Matt Finn (Torontos 2nd instead of 5th... Poor mans Rielly)
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

I figure its still a strong package for Van, but Toronto keeps Gardiner/Rielly an their 1st. Basically a toned down version of Gillis asking price.
Sounds similar to a few others I have liked... I am in.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:40 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
According to Canucks fans, your deal was predicated on Pavelec not returning from Europe. That would require him to retire.

I'm now curious as to why you think it's in the best interest of a young, budget-restricted team to abandon their 25 year old goaltender to add $3m of payroll and 8 years of age to the position.
Oh no. I just think an upgrade is needed at the position. I have my doubts that he'll amount to the starting goalie that we need him to be. Luongo is clearly better, and with him we're a playoff team.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Sounds similar to a few others I have liked... I am in.
LOL..you guys still holding up hopes of getting anything more than a 2nd rounder for Luongo. Gillis will get rid of him quickly because having him start when he's clearly the 2nd best goalie on the team will cause a friction in the locker room, and for that reason alone, they will need to settle for something less, and at this point every team in the league knows that this is the case.

GOOD LUCK in your pursuit of getting good propects + 2nd line players + high draft picks for LUONGO.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
LOL..you guys still holding up hopes of getting anything more than a 2nd rounder for Luongo. Gillis will get rid of him quickly because having him start when he's clearly the 2nd best goalie on the team will cause a friction in the locker room, and for that reason alone, they will need to settle for something less, and at this point every team in the league knows that this is the case.

GOOD LUCK in your pursuit of getting good propects + 2nd line players + high draft picks for LUONGO.
Sounds pretty knowledgeable to me, what do you think guys? Heard there's an opening on the Leafs coming up soon, have you submitted your resumed yet? Tannebaum I'm sure is looking for guys like you

Old
12-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
LL, You've been one of the more composed/reasonable fans in this thread.

I was saying a few pages back, I wonder how both GMs would look at a scaled down version of Gillis original asking price (Gardiner, 5th, Frattin, Bozak).

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri (sub for Gardiner)
Matt Finn (Torontos 2nd instead of 5th... Poor mans Rielly)
Matt Frattin
Tyler Bozak

I figure its still a strong package for Van, but Toronto keeps Gardiner, /Rielly an their 1st. Basically a toned down version of Gillis asking price.
Well, if i had to move 4 pieces....this isn't horrible. I would like to swap out 1 of Finn or Frattin...losing both would sting.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Sounds pretty knowledgeable to me, what do you think guys? Heard there's an opening on the Leafs coming up soon, have you submitted your resumed yet? Tannebaum I'm sure is looking for guys like you
You know what I'm saying is not for from the truth. Look at how Luongo sulked last year when he was replaced. You think that's conducive to a positive atmosphere in the dressing room.

Anyways, deep down inside, you guys all know that the Luongo fiasco has to be dealt with sooner or later. They cannot co-exist together. Schneider knows that it's his time to shine, and it's his team. Luongo knows that his time with Vancouver is up, and it's time for him to go, and you fans want several good pieces for him. That's laughable.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Numbers

Quote:
You know what I'm saying is not for from the truth. Look at how Luongo sulked last year when he was replaced. You think that's conducive to a positive atmosphere in the dressing room.

Anyways, deep down inside, you guys all know that the Luongo fiasco has to be dealt with sooner or later. They cannot co-exist together. Schneider knows that it's his time to shine, and it's his team. Luongo knows that his time with Vancouver is up, and it's time for him to go, and you fans want several good pieces for him. That's laughable.
Would you mind giving me some pointers on compensation negotiations when you go into an interview? Apple Inc has been holding out a couple of top executive positions for me and I want to make sure I go in with negotiation advice from an expert. Your right Vancouver doesn't deserve any good pieces Luongo is a slouch. What you think of Komisarek + 4th? Let me know what Gillis says to you bud

Old
12-07-2012, 07:18 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Well, if i had to move 4 pieces....this isn't horrible. I would like to swap out 1 of Finn or Frattin...losing both would sting.
Frattin is on a tear in the AHL right now and hasn't looked out of place up withthe big club and Burke compared his style of game to D.Brown's so I doubt he is going to deal him.

Finn was the "steal" of the last draft and has looked incredible this year for his club. He's not going anywhere.

Kadri...sure, even though he's almost at a PPG pace for the Marlies.

Bozak....sure, even though he's our only answer for the #1 pivot.

I'll be generous here and agree to add in Stuart Percy (having a great year this year and former 1st round draft pick, last year) and a 2nd if Vancouver adds something interesting to the equation.

So...

Bozak + Kadri + Percy + 2nd in 2013

for

Luongo + something intriguing

Old
12-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Mr/Mrs Knowledgeable dude(tte), let me ask you:
1) Is Luongo the best goalie on his team?
2) Should he be the starter between the 2 goalies that you have?
3) Will he accept that fact that he is no longer the starter?
4) Gillis will get many lucrative offers for a 33 year old that's on the hook for another 10years?

If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you need to be working for the NHLPA!!!

Old
12-07-2012, 07:24 PM
colchar

When this lockout is over Luongo has to be dealt to Toronto if only to resolve the arguments here.

If he is traded anywhere else, for say two 2nd round picks (just hypothetical), Vancouver fans, who have basically run him out of town, will claim that that might have been the price paid by team X but, if he had been traded to the Leafs, he would have cost them Kessel, Gardiner, Kadi, Phaneuf, Lupul, 37 first round draft picks, all of the above named players' first born children, and a lifetime all access pass to the Bunny Ranch for all Canucks fans.

By the same token, if he is traded to team X for a solid roster player, a prospect, and two 1st rounders Leafs fans will be claiming that team X might have had to pay that price but Toronto could have had him for a bucket of pucks, 24 rolls of tape, and a tank of gas for the farm team's bus.

I want the lockout to end not just because I want to watch NHL hockey but, almost as importantly, so that Luongo can be dealt to the Leafs thus putting an end to these incessant speculation threads.

Alright, that's my Friday night rant over. Time to hit the liquor store.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Would you mind giving me some pointers on compensation negotiations when you go into an interview? Apple Inc has been holding out a couple of top executive positions for me and I want to make sure I go in with negotiation advice from an expert. Your right Vancouver doesn't deserve any good pieces Luongo is a slouch. What you think of Komisarek + 4th? Let me know what Gillis says to you bud
You are good...you always take things to the extreme. I'm not saying that Luongo will not fetch more than Komi. I tell you what, I'd take a 2nd rounder over Komi + 4th. Why are you taking this conversation from one extreme where you are asking for some very good pieces, and then taking a suck attack and going to the opposite extreme.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:30 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Frattin is on a tear in the AHL right now and hasn't looked out of place up withthe big club and Burke compared his style of game to D.Brown's so I doubt he is going to deal him.

Finn was the "steal" of the last draft and has looked incredible this year for his club. He's not going anywhere.

I'll be generous here and agree to add in Stuart Percy (having a great year this year and former 1st round draft pick, last year) and a 2nd if Vancouver adds something interesting to the equation.

So...

for

If you want a top 5 goaltender in the league you will have to give up something that looks 'intriguing' as well. Your offer is incredibly underwhelming.

You know why Leafs fans consistently add Bozak to the Luongo package? Because he isn't intriguing at all. He looks no different than Mason Raymond did in his first couple of seasons..except Raymond did it a younger age.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Mr/Mrs Knowledgeable dude(tte), let me ask you:
1) Is Luongo the best goalie on his team?
2) Should he be the starter between the 2 goalies that you have?
3) Will he accept that fact that he is no longer the starter?
4) Gillis will get many lucrative offers for a 33 year old that's on the hook for another 10years?

If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you need to be working for the NHLPA!!!
1. Schneider has the potential to be better, but needs to prove it first. So no Luongo is better. The reason why the Canucks would like to keep Schneider is because he is younger and homegrown talent.

2. Maybe depends who plays better in training camp/start of season.

3. Said he was ready to come to camp. I don't think long term, but sure sounds like it in short term. Listen to some of the sound bites please.

4. What is lucrative? Top 10 goalie with 5.3 mil cap hit. Check out career wins/stats, looks like he is going to finish top 5 in this category all time. Do I think he will play to 43? No 40? Yes.

Thanks for the reference on the NHLPA! But seriously can I take you up on that advice, I going to need it Fehr is tricky!

Old
12-07-2012, 07:33 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
If you want a top 5 goaltender in the league you will have to give up something that looks 'intriguing' as well. Your offer is incredibly underwhelming.

You know why Leafs fans consistently add Bozak to the Luongo package? Because he isn't intriguing at all. He looks no different than Mason Raymond did in his first couple of seasons..except Raymond did it a younger age.
Then keep the top 5 goalie. The leafs have more issues than just goaltentending, this has to be the right deal for them.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Numbers

Quote:
You are good...you always take things to the extreme. I'm not saying that Luongo will not fetch more than Komi. I tell you what, I'd take a 2nd rounder over Komi + 4th. Why are you taking this conversation from one extreme where you are asking for some very good pieces, and then taking a suck attack and going to the opposite extreme.
Luongo for a 2nd? Hmmm I got to think about it, I'll get back to you. But I want 8 year max contracts on a 8 year deal with opt outs at year 6. Got some issues with the transition rules too......ohh and Ill take that 300 million just tell me where to sign

Old
12-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post

Top 5? What are you smoking...are you in Washington state where they just legalized the good stuff. He's top 5 in only one category...being pulled from allowing too many goals!!!!

Seriously though, tell me one important category that he's top 5 in the league...just 1.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Top 5? What are you smoking...are you in Washington state where they just legalized the good stuff. He's top 5 in only one category...being pulled from allowing too many goals!!!!

Seriously though, tell me one important category that he's top 5 in the league...just 1.
He's 2nd only to Lundqvist in ES sv% over the past 3 years.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
1. Schneider has the potential to be better, but needs to prove it first. So no Luongo is better. The reason why the Canucks would like to keep Schneider is because he is younger and homegrown talent.

2. Maybe depends who plays better in training camp/start of season.

3. Said he was ready to come to camp. I don't think long term, but sure sounds like it in short term. Listen to some of the sound bites please.

4. What is lucrative? Top 10 goalie with 5.3 mil cap hit. Check out career wins/stats, looks like he is going to finish top 5 in this category all time. Do I think he will play to 43? No 40? Yes.

Thanks for the reference on the NHLPA! But seriously can I take you up on that advice, I going to need it Fehr is tricky!
1) Don't tell me that the Canucks would rather trade the better goalie (Luongo) simply because the other goalie is younger, and is a homegrown talent. Are you serious dude. I tell you what, I'll would be willing to give you what you ask for originally from the Leafs if you were to offer Schnieder instead of Luongo, because I believe that he's the better goalie. And, deep down inside, I think you feel the same way.
2) Of course, he is willing to come to camp. What do you want him to say, "I will not report to camp until I am given the starting role." The better question to ask is, "will he be a distraction if he loses the starting position?" The answer is a resounding "YES."

4) Since you have him locked up for 10 years for a very favorable cap hit, it would make sense to stick it out with Luongo instead of CS. I'm sure CS will want a more lucrative contract in the next couple of years. Would you not agree? Let me guess, you are not going to agree!

Seriously, you can take me up on any advice you want, I will make sure to set you on the right path.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:52 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post

So...

for

That's still giving wayyy too much.

Grabo+MacArthur should be the maximum amount given for Luongo alone.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
He's 2nd only to Lundqvist in ES sv% over the past 3 years.
We're talking about last year. This is a "what have you done for me lately" league. That's what we are all judged on!

By the way, is that the only stat you could find. LOL. I'd say that's top 2 worthy!

Old
12-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:

Consistency. He isn't a fluke like Reimer who had one good year (37 GP rookie year). Lou has been an elite NHL goalie for a decade now.

- 7 straight 30+ win seasons
- 11 straight seasons of .913 SV % or higher
- 2nd among active goalies in career wins with 339, 17th all time
- 2nd among active goalies in shutouts with 60, 16th all time
- 4th among active goalies in regular season SV % with .919%, 5th all time

Old
12-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:

The 2nd rounder that the Leafs were offering is no longer on the table.

I will give you Komi + 4th...take it or leave it!

Old
12-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Consistency. He isn't a fluke like Reimer who had one good year (37 GP rookie year). Lou has been an elite NHL goalie for a decade now.

- 7 straight 30+ win seasons
- 11 straight seasons of .913 SV % or higher
- 2nd among active goalies in career wins with 339, 17th all time
- 2nd among active goalies in shutouts with 60, 16th all time
- 4th among active goalies in regular season SV % with .919%, 5th all time
Give me something that tells me he is top 5 in the league last year please.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
We're talking about last year. This is a "what have you done for me lately" league. That's what we are all judged on!

By the way, is that the only stat you could find. LOL. I'd say that's top 2 worthy!
Uh. Okay? I guess Kulemin is only a 7 goal scorer, right?

Closed Thread