HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryane Clowe

Old
12-08-2012, 11:14 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 View Post
No interest in dealing Clowe... he protects Couture
Except he didn't last season. I'm really just not a huge fan of Clowe, and it seems like the boards (mostly our board) overrates him because of his "toughness". He skates slow, he plays slow, and he is prone to a lot of giveaways. I'd probably do Clowe for Eller+ too.

Nothing from the Rangers interests me (that they'd trade, so Hagelin/Stepan aren't included). Dubinsky was their only tradeable asset that I had interest in.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:18 PM
thrillermiller89

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Except he didn't last season. I'm really just not a huge fan of Clowe, and it seems like the boards (mostly our board) overrates him because of his "toughness". He skates slow, he plays slow, and he is prone to a lot of giveaways. I'd probably do Clowe for Eller+ too.

Nothing from the Rangers interests me (that they'd trade, so Hagelin/Stepan aren't included). Dubinsky was their only tradeable asset that I had interest in.
Actually he did. Then as the year wore on he stopped. There was speculation that he was instructed by the coaching staff not to fight because we were trying to snag a playoff spot and needed him on the ice (as in, not in the box and not injured).

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:23 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Actually he did. Then as the year wore on he stopped. There was speculation that he was instructed by the coaching staff not to fight because we were trying to snag a playoff spot and needed him on the ice (as in, not in the box and not injured).
Fighting is extremely overrated. He "stood up" for Couture once or twice, but it wasn't necessary and it didn't do anything. It's not like teams were saying "Don't hit Couture anymore, Clowe will fight you". Players still hit Couture, and they got Clowe off the ice when he'd fight a goon. It's a win-win for the other team.
Clowe's playstyle is what is wrong with the Sharks. Extremely slow foot speed, stops up at the blue-line, and throws pucks way.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Clowe did nothing to stop players from taking runs at and clowning Couture. More often than not, Couture would get killed then Clowe fights some goon and sits in the box for 5min. Amazing scenario for SJ.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:09 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
proposal withdrawn.
Boyle seems to have good staightaway speed; his lateral movements could be improved, but for a big guy who plays hard, not bad. His technique could be better but I am content enough with his D.

I overrated Rupp given what was said about having the worst bottom 6, but still consider him more of a plus than a minus for you guys.

However, I'm conceding to your criticism as justified since I went with an impression that Clowe doesn't have THAT great footspeed to begin with, and like everyone else, is getting slower.

While that is probably still true, I must be way off to degree given the response.
The Flyers have Eric Wellwood and Harry Zolnierczyk. Both can absolutely fly.
Would Clowe +1st for Wellwood and Z + 3rd make sense?

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Mattb124

Quote:
His fighting tailed off right about the time he received a facial fracture and a concussion in a collision with the boards. I think that *might* have had something to do with it - I cut him some slack.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:45 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
So what kind of value would San Jose be looking for to make Clowe expendable?

Obviously they are set down the middle and in no way are they rebuilding.

I think Clowe would look great next to the Sedins (move Burrows down and roll Booth, Kesler, Burrows).

Interesting point is, pieces acquired in a Luongo trade could be used towards a potential Clowe trade

If Vancouver were to acquire MacArthur in a Luongo trade would San Jose be willing to do

Clowe for MacA and Raymond? (2 40-50 point wingers to give them depth)?

Something like Hansen + Raymond? Just spitballin
He would be a good fit on the Oilers top 6 ,what would it take

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 0
Even if Clowe isn't the type of tough you'd want, given what Shark fans have said about how he goes about policing, not being a deterrent for Couture, I'd still take him for the Isles. We need size up front. Bailey going the other way along with another piece is something I'd like. I'd take the risk of Clowe's contract, I think he might stay. Not sure if Bailey is what the Sharks need though, and note, he is a LW now, not a center.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:24 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Even if Clowe isn't the type of tough you'd want, given what Shark fans have said about how he goes about policing, not being a deterrent for Couture, I'd still take him for the Isles. We need size up front. Bailey going the other way along with another piece is something I'd like. I'd take the risk of Clowe's contract, I think he might stay. Not sure if Bailey is what the Sharks need though, and note, he is a LW now, not a center.
With the arena issue resolved, we could see Wang greenlight such pickups.

I miss Botta covering the NYI, focusing on them and speculating on what moves the Isles might make.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
The Flyers have Eric Wellwood and Harry Zolnierczyk. Both can absolutely fly.
Would Clowe +1st for Wellwood and Z + 3rd make sense?

Not interested in giving up a 1st.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:31 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Not interested in giving up a 1st.
He was joking.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
With the arena issue resolved, we could see Wang greenlight such pickups.

I miss Botta covering the NYI, focusing on them and speculating on what moves the Isles might make.
I hope we see that and yes, I miss Botta too. He is still a quality insider, just focuses less on the day-to-day Isles.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Pyromaniac3

Would give up Macarthur for him. Maybe an additional 3rd would do it?

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:33 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
Would give up Macarthur for him. Maybe an additional 3rd would do it?
Do you really think the difference between Ryane Clowe and Clark Macarthur is a 3rd round draft pick?

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote