HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Paul Bissonnette Wants to Be Evgeni Malkin's Teammate

Old
12-05-2012, 12:53 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
I don't like him. Not because he's annoying. He's actually a funny guy and good for chemistry. But he is an absolutely terrible 'enforcer' or 'goon.' Can't even take a regular shift.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Not his biggest fan, but this was hilarious

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:26 PM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Germaine View Post
I second this. I don't even know how he's in the NHL
He's in the NHL because he has 348K twitter followers and he plays in a market that draws nine grand a night to the building and another six watching at home. The Coyotes can't afford to let their most visible player get away.

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Propane Nightmares
Takes guts

Say whatever you want, he has completely outperformed all the other NHL'ers in the EIHL.

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Parise9Crosby87

biz is pretty funny no need to hate

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Gormo
Holupchi

Har har har bisonet yer so funny playin on a line with malkin har har har

Thats the joke?

Last edited by Gormo: 12-05-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Gormo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 05:21 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Look how easy that is.

Done and done. Can't block the retweets though.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 06:30 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
I think what's more annoying than Bissonnette are the posts ragging on him because people misunderstand the guy. His twitter handle isn't a publicity stunt, it's just his personality.

12-05-2012, 06:45 PM
dss97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
Say whatever you want, he has completely outperformed all the other NHL'ers in the EIHL.
There is other NHLers in the EIHL?

dss97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 06:47 PM
icerocket

Lol what a quirky personality he has. But since he is a goon it's probably just a front and he is loaded on painkillers and maybe depressed.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Lol what a quirky personality he has. But since he is a goon it's probably just a front and he is loaded on painkillers and maybe depressed.
He's actually pretty good at not getting his bell rung. He's not one of those all offense, punch in the face contest fighters like some guys. He works angles well, has an effective jab, keeps his distance, and rarely takes big punches. If you sample his fight history on hockeyfights.com you'll see a pretty tactical fighter, which is more so out of necessity, than anything else. He's pretty small for an enforcer, and nowhere near a true heavyweight.

12-05-2012, 07:08 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I don't like him. Not because he's annoying. He's actually a funny guy and good for chemistry. But he is an absolutely terrible 'enforcer' or 'goon.' Can't even take a regular shift.
Don Maloney insists on having an enforcer. Dave Tippett insists on never dressing an enforcer. This is a problem for Paul Bissonnette. DT is never going to give the guy a regular shift. He's actually a very solid hockey player in his own zone. He's adept at cutting off angles, working in the corners, back checking, and effectively chipping the puck out of the zone. This is all well and good, and probably enough to get him regular fourth line duty on some NHL teams for some NHL coaches. Dave Tippett, on the other hand, is concerned with none of that. He want's a forechecking fourth line that maintains puck possession. Paul Bissonnette is worthless on the forecheck. He's too timid to cycle because he's terrified he'll have to get back on D in a hurry. He doesn't have the footspeed to transition from offense to defense. He's like a reverse cherry picker. Literally the exact opposite hockey player of a guy like Nikita Filatov for example. He'd prefer to never set foot in the offensive zone, if given the choice.

On a team like the Phoenix Coyotes we need three zone contribution from all twelve forwards. We don't have enough talent on the top two lines to carry any one trick ponies in the bottom six. We are also a competitive team that is always looking to make the playoffs. On a team with a stacked top six, he'd probably get to play every night on a fourth line where nothing was expected of him apart from fisticuffs (and to not hurt the team defensively). On crappy team, with a lousy top six AND a lousy bottom six, that doesn't have a prayer at the post season anyway, he'd also probably get to play every night.

The Phoenix Coyotes are about as poor a fit as there is in the NHL for Paul Bissonnette to get shifts. He'd be better off on at least half of the other clubs in the NHL.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:13 PM
awfulwaffle

Honestly, when he takes the ice, he seems to do some good things. He doesn't play alot, not only because he is a healthy scratch, but because he gets very very limited ice time. He might be annoying as **** off the ice, but when he is out there on the ice, he wants to contribute and do something.

It's just frustrating that a guy that really doesn't provide much on the ice gets so much exposure and fan fare.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Propane Nightmares
Takes guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss97 View Post
There is other NHLers in the EIHL?
Anthony Stewart, Drew Miller, Matt Beleskey, Tom Sestito

Sestito left this week though.

Honestly at first I knocked the signing of Biz and said he was the worst signing of all of them, which was probably correct to say, but little did I realise the guy can actually play. Just look at his ECHL stats too.

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 12-06-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old
12-06-2012, 05:06 AM
Bathcat
Wait, it was ATL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
******* Malkin. Doesnt even have the decency to put the ":" before the mouths...
Ever see a Russian keyboard?

Bathcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 05:13 AM
Propane Nightmares
Takes guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathcat View Post
Ever see a Russian keyboard?
I have one, it does have a ":" key, it's just the way they do smilies because they want to.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:52 AM
babblemoth
my heart and I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Well if you want to make your points, perhaps you'd wish to hear the other side. The guy is 27 years old, and that age many of us have had several years of education and make decisions that impact or save people's lives, or cost or make companies millions of dollars.

So, yeah, the guy is a childish idiot to some and "funny" to others. It just depends on where in the world you are viewing the whole thing from.
I'd say so.

People really are projecting here. This guy is far cry from someone I'd like to hang with ,and I don't even find him that funny, but so far as I understand he has yet to do anything that caused significant harm to others (outside of hockey) or that he is completely removed from a life that doesn't consider others.

As others have noted, this is just his twitter account. If your life is so much more brilliant or you're so much the better there's not much to get upset about here.

babblemoth is offline   Reply With Quote