HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART V

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Corey Pronman's Top 50 NHL Prospects, Midseason

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1426

Also Brock Nelson as HM...
Was coming here to post this.. This guys has always been very high on Kabanov.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:47 AM
StrongIslanders90

vCash: 500
Nino left off Training camp roster Isles doing the right thing imo

Old
01-13-2013, 12:14 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Corey Pronman's Top 50 NHL Prospects, Midseason

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1426

Also Brock Nelson as HM...
I'm shocked he has Kabanov so high.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:25 PM
seafoam

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Nino left off Training camp roster Isles doing the right thing imo
Yep, looks like the Isles are going to leave the Nino-Nelson duo in the AHL. I know Nelson just came back from a broken jaw and Nino did miss somes games a few weeks ago if I recall correctly. Either way, I'm personally very happy about this move. From reports, Nino and Nelson have shown good chemistry in Bridgeport and are getting a lot of minutes. I also noticed Donovan and Ness won't be in camp and Garth decided to bring up AHL vets Colin McDonald, Ty Wishart, and Jon Landry.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:30 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I also noticed Donovan ..... won't be in camp and Garth decided to bring up AHL vets Colin McDonald, Ty Wishart, and Jon Landry.
Going for that #1 overall pick I guess. Either that or Doug Weights extremely questionable scouting is a major factor.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:35 PM
InformTheMasses

With Visnovsky in Slovakia. There are 8 Defenceman on the training camp roster... including Griffin Reinhart and Jon Landry. JON LANDRY.

I'm so angry for Donovan right now. Anybody that watched 1 single Bridgeport game can understand this frustration.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I'm shocked he has Kabanov so high.
Why? He's always been high on guys like Kabanov. I believe he ranked him as high or higher than Landeskog a couple of years back in one of his rankings (can't recall if it was pre-draft or immediately post-draft before Landeskog's rookie season).

Old
01-13-2013, 12:47 PM
seafoam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Why? He's always been high on guys like Kabanov. I believe he ranked him as high or higher than Landeskog a couple of years back in one of his rankings (can't recall if it was pre-draft or immediately post-draft before Landeskog's rookie season).
I'm only shocked because Kabanov has only played a handful of games in the AHL this season.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
I thought Donovan was a shoo in to make this team. Should of rem what team were dealing with here.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:20 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
I thought Donovan was a shoo in to make this team. Should of rem what team were dealing with here.
Yeah, tell me about it. As encouraged as I am at the talent in the system, Having Capuano and Weight calling the shots, really has me worried. I'm not impressed with what I see from them.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:01 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
And what kind of fanbase.

Those that would criticize garf for not letting the kids ripen (where oh where are all the haters now that Nino isn't coming???), and those that insist their favourite tigers are ready to play...

Where is Petrov when you need him?

Old
01-13-2013, 03:04 PM
steveat

If Petrov is not here for next season's training camp, he ain't coming at all.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:10 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
he's under contract with the KHL next year dude..{MOD EDIT}.

as for Matt Donovan- the isles know what he can do; same with ness...don't let the opinions of professionals get in the way of good armchair quarterbacking though eh...

Donovan hasn't exactly been Justin Schultz...and Wishart has been better overall anyway. landry has been better too, and that's on the PP, where you would have thought donovan would excel...ness has been pedestrian too this year...after calvin got hurt, you would have thought ness and donovan would have lifted their games...either they are resting on their laurels or the pressure got to them. either way, bad signs when landry and wishart are outplaying you

no I like the accountability here- best defenders get the first shot to play...i also like that nino is being left along with nelson...no rushing here...cizikas and ullstrom more ready for a 200 foot game anyway...nino will have his turn before long anyway

Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-13-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Edit
Old
01-13-2013, 03:11 PM
InformTheMasses

Petrov's contract in the KHL extends through next season, you wont see him on the Island next camp.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:11 PM
kuwo

Quote:
I believe he signed 2-year extension before this season, so hopefully he will be on LI for 2014/2015 season as a 24 years old...

Old
01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Donovan hasn't exactly been Justin Schultz...and Wishart has been better overall anyway. landry has been better too, and that's on the PP, where you would have thought donovan would excel...ness has been pedestrian too this year...after calvin got hurt, you would have thought ness and donovan would have lifted their games...either they are resting on their laurels or the pressure got to them. either way, bad signs when landry and wishart are outplaying you

LOL, not even remotely close to the truth. Unless you think a defencemans job is to not defend well, and turn the puck over.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:17 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
LOL, not even remotely close to the truth. Unless you think a defencemans job is to not defend well, and turn the puck over.
you can have your opinion, but wishart and landry have been better...ness and donovan have not been as good because they should be doing so much more, if you follow...certainly part of the decision is to allow them more playing time...doubt you would have seen this anyway if it weren't for the viz situation

Old
01-13-2013, 03:18 PM
steveat

Oh..I thought Petrov signed a one year ext because of his ill mother.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
he's under contract with the KHL next year dude...{MOD EDIT}

as for Matt Donovan- the isles know what he can do; same with ness...don't let the opinions of professionals get in the way of good armchair quarterbacking though eh...

no I like the accountability here- best defenders get the first shot to play...i also like that nino is being left along with nelson...no rushing here...cizikas and ullstrom more ready for a 200 foot game anyway...nino will have his turn before long anyway

Lemme ask you a question. How many BPT games have you watched? Because if you took your head out of Petrovs ass for five seconds you would know that you sir have no idea what you are talking about. I have watched EVERY single Soundtigers game for the last 5 years. Every single one. i have watched this defense since day 1. {MOD EDIT}Donovan is the best defenseman on the Soundtigers. Wishart is one of the worst. Landry which showed promise last year (which earned him a contract with the Isles) has been subpar this season.

So please get off your high horse thinking you know anything about anything because you dont.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-13-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Edit QP and Post.
Old
01-13-2013, 03:22 PM
InformTheMasses

Yeah but stat sheets indicate that he's better because he has 2 more points........

Old
01-13-2013, 03:30 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Lemme ask you a question. How many BPT games have you watched? Because if you took your head out of Petrovs ass for five seconds you would know that you sir have no idea what you are talking about. I have watched EVERY single Soundtigers game for the last 5 years. Every single one. i have watched this defense since day 1. {MOD EDIT} Donovan is the best defenseman on the Soundtigers. Wishart is one of the worst. Landry which showed promise last year (which earned him a contract with the Isles) has been subpar this season.

So please get off your high horse thinking you know anything about anything because you dont.
I have watched every episode of All in the Family. That makes me funnier than you.

Landry has been better on the PP than Donovan. He's tougher too. Wishart has shown a better game than last year, and it serves the isles beter to have him playing bottom pairing minutes with the big club, while leaving Donovan to ripen in the AHL.

You should parlay all of your hockey experience watching ahl live into a GM's position.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-13-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Edit QP
Old
01-13-2013, 03:34 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Yeah but stat sheets indicate that he's better because he has 2 more points........
What has donovan done on the PP this year?

Look, both he and ness are great young players...but they haven't taken that next step you would have thought, particularly with dehaan hurt...and that's telling...they need a little more time is all

Old
01-13-2013, 03:47 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Why he is in the first year of his 2 year KHL deal. Unless the Visnovsky incident shakes him loose of his contract we will not see him till the following camp.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:08 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Lemme ask you a question. How many BPT games have you watched? Because if you took your head out of Petrovs ass for five seconds you would know that you sir have no idea what you are talking about. I have watched EVERY single Soundtigers game for the last 5 years. Every single one. i have watched this defense since day 1. {MOD EDIT} Donovan is the best defenseman on the Soundtigers. Wishart is one of the worst. Landry which showed promise last year (which earned him a contract with the Isles) has been subpar this season.

Perfect response.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-13-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Edit QP
Old
01-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Degeneration Rex

Sunday

Kitchener 5, Niagara 3-Graham, 1 assist, -1.

Closed Thread