HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Lockout Thread XI: Believe with Steve!

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
You'll get nothing and like it.
That should be the fans' attitude to the owners and players:

"You'll get none of our money...and there are only two things you can about it: NOTHING...and like it!"

Old
12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika
NHL Store packed with holiday shoppers. pic.twitter.com/K2Ia2vbn

The silence is deafening

Old
12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
DPyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
What the NHL deserves is the Stone Cold Salute. Flip BOTH the middle fingers off. Hold position for as long as your arms can hold out.

Then the punishment begins....
What punishment? The owners could hold out for 6 years if they wanted to, do the players have the same amount of time to make money?

Old
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

EDIT: Nvm, it was already corrected in prior posts

Old
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Alright guys... no more hat talk. Nobody cares what hats you wear or don't wear. It means nothing to the discussion.

Let's please try to keep it somewhat on topic here.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Legionnaire11

Looks like the store is closed to me, no lights on... same type of journalism that publishes stories about attendance and runs a photo of the arena that was taken during warm ups or at intermission.

Not saying that the NHL store is being overrun with customers. But it clearly looks like this photo was taken before/after business hours.

Old
ckg927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum View Post
Ryback will walk in the meeting scaring the crap out of everyone and he will yell "FINISH......IT"
Even better, bring Goldberg out of retirement. Have him yell to both sides "YOU'RE NEXT!", then spear and Jackhammer everyone in the room.

If that doesn't unscramble some brains, I don't know what would!

Old
Mattiboy13

has anyone stated when this meeting began "officially"?

Old
12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
And there, folks, lies part of the problem.

We have real, live sheep who-apparently-aren't hockey fans; they're just buying gear 'cause it looks good.

And people wonder why Bettman said what he did about the fans a couple of months ago...
He was being sarcastic I think.
There is nobody in the picture

Old
12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Hanklite*
Bettman's Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
The silence is deafening
all silence is deafening. Its all in our heads too

Old
12-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Looks like the store is closed to me, no lights on... same type of journalism that publishes stories about attendance and runs a photo of the arena that was taken during warm ups or at intermission.

Not saying that the NHL store is being overrun with customers. But it clearly looks like this photo was taken before/after business hours.
Look at the lights in the center, they are on. Along with the tv's. The lights in the back are on.

It looks to me like they are open and empty.

Old
Do Make Say Think

vCash: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Mantha View Post
I'll be completely honest, but I'll be fine with just having NHL hockey again. Don't even need the Thank You Fans on the ice.

No amount of anger or withheld money is going to do anything. If they're going to pull more crap next time the CBA is up, they're going to do it. It's completely out of our control. I've resigned myself to this fact.
They don't come flocking back once they start asking for your money.

I have decided to boycott the NHL barring something like the Senators making the SCF. We need to make both sides understand that they cannot take us for granted.
This lockout is the player's fault (again...) but I have no way of punishing the players without also involving the owners.
Americans did it when things looked bad in baseball (I think it was 2002) and both sides made a deal once fan backlash found it's way unto the field; we need to do the same. I am fairly confident the owners realize the damage the lockouts cause to the NHL and I am also fairly confident the players have no concept of it since they don't have to deal with fan backlash outside of poor play. Once the players realize that a lockout could have serious effects on them and not just the owners the plyers won't do everything they can to force the owners to lock them out.

Old
ckg927

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
What punishment? The owners could hold out for 6 years if they wanted to, do the players have the same amount of time to make money?
DPyro: I mean BY THE FANS. By every right, they should punish the owners and players for putting us through our 3rd lockout in 20 years.

You misunderstood me.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
HockeyCrazed101

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilty00 View Post
You're probably right, but IMO going after Bettman is no different than going after the owners (maybe not individually but as a collective). He's there to do their bidding and is a direct extension of the very same people who sign his checks.

I know not every owner is directly in tune with what Bettman brings to the table in negotations, but there is a reason they pay him to do what they won't do.
Players understand that when they want and ignore it when they want. For example, Krejci reacted to the cattle comment by saying that the league treated them like animals. The moment people started questioning the happenings within the Bruins organization, Krejci retracted his comment and sung the praises of the Bruins organization - well who pays for that? Jacobs of course. Lupul's recent Askmen article, he acknowledges that Bettman is doing his job and works for the owners but then gets mad at Bettman and says he's a good guy but a ****** commissioner - what's the point of calling out Bettman's work if you acknowledge that he's working for the owners? Surely Lupul must realize that the owners have to vote on everything Bettman suggests and Bettman doesn't get a vote himself. So yes, you're right, players are by extension insultin the owners when they insult Bettman but the players have justified it in a way that they somehow treat Bettman and the owners completely separately (unless of course an owner shows himself to be a hard liner).

Old
MidgetMyers

Quote:

The TV is on and there's a cashier at the counter, looks open enough to me

Old
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:

I find it sad that someone who is completely speculating about the facts of store hours and when a picture was taken is criticizing the credibility of a journalist.

Old
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilty00 View Post
You're probably right, but IMO going after Bettman is no different than going after the owners (maybe not individually but as a collective). He's there to do their bidding and is a direct extension of the very same people who sign his checks.

I know not every owner is directly in tune with what Bettman brings to the table in negotations, but there is a reason they pay him to do what they won't do.
I think it has more to do with what jersey they wear when the NHL is running.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
CerebralGenesis

Why wouldn't it be empty? We are in a lockout where the commish has come out and straight out said we don't care but when we do come back, we'll welcome your money back. well, I read between the lines a little.

That said. I wonder what the structure of a 24 man meeting is when one party is half the size of the other.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post

Haters gonna hate.

I sincerely hope the haters find themselves unable to watch these emotional, stupid and illogical players... and take up intellectual pursuits more worthy of their time.
I hope you have a good excuse for continuing to watch the NHL that is run by the same owners you are so adamant about standing up against.

If you're such a hockey fan, and you hate greedy owners so much, your better off volunteering your time to coach youth hockey than following any level of organized hockey above midget.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I find it sad that someone who is completely speculating about the facts of store hours and when a picture was taken is criticizing the credibility of a journalist.
Are you serious? You just have to be contrarian don't you?

Or don't you have any legitimate criticism to refute my observation of the photo?

Old
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Aren't you the only person who has called a player a snivelling rat?
More nonsense from CB.

People taking issue with a handful of moronic comments from a small amount of players equates to people thinking that all players are "emotional, stupid and illogical players".

Throw in the headshake emoticon to make it a typical Captain Bob post that adds nothing to the discussion.

More evidence that he has no interest in objective discussion of this lockout.

Old
wilty00

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Why wouldn't it be empty? We are in a lockout where the commish has come out and straight out said we don't care but when we do come back, we'll welcome your money back. well, I read between the lines a little.

That said. I wonder what the structure of a 24 man meeting is when one party is half the size of the other.

Probably alot like this.

Edit: Attachment fail. It's a doggy pile.

You get the point.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I hope you have a good excuse for continuing to watch the NHL that is run by the same owners you are so adamant about standing up against.

If you're such a hockey fan, and you hate greedy owners so much, your better off volunteering your time to coach youth hockey than following any level of organized hockey above midget.
CB has been criticizing others for similar behavior that he exhibits himself since the beginning of the lockout.

He really has no interest in discussing this lockout objectively.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:30 PM
lost puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
They don't come flocking back once they start asking for your money.

I have decided to boycott the NHL barring something like the Senators making the SCF. We need to make both sides understand that they cannot take us for granted.
This lockout is the player's fault (again...) but I have no way of punishing the players without also involving the owners.
Americans did it when things looked bad in baseball (I think it was 2002) and both sides made a deal once fan backlash found it's way unto the field; we need to do the same. I am fairly confident the owners realize the damage the lockouts cause to the NHL and I am also fairly confident the players have no concept of it since they don't have to deal with fan backlash outside of poor play. Once the players realize that a lockout could have serious effects on them and not just the owners the plyers won't do everything they can to force the owners to lock them out.
The irony of boycotting the NHL on principle, when currently both sides of the CBA are fighting for their principles causing a lack of hockey. Bring back hockey or I'll stop watching hockey when you bring it back...makes sense

Old
12-04-2012, 03:33 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Look at the lights in the center, they are on. Along with the tv's. The lights in the back are on.

It looks to me like they are open and empty.
Is anyone really surprised the store's empty? In the middle of NY, during a weekday morning/afternooon no less?

But yeah I think holiday sales are going to plummet unless the league comes back, and soon. Who asks for NHL stuff for the holidays when there hasn't been any NHL since early June? I've seen a number of posts from fans who specifically asked NOT to get NHL stuff this Christmas.

Closed Thread