HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers Nashville

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 09:03 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
If you seriously think TSN favors the leafs then you really do not watch TSN. Pierre Mac G hates the leafs James Duthie craves a chance to tear them apart. Hell even Cybulski on TSN 1050 Toronto is not bashing the leafs but he is not going out of his way to spew BS about the organization.

As for the trade. I seriously do not see why Nashville does this. Nashville is pretty high on Klein and with him being their only DFD they can only trade him if someone like that is coming back.
Macguire is on TSN again? Since when?

Look at their news stories when the NHL is on. Almost always a Leaf related story at the top of the list.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Klein and Wilson are better fits for our system than Gagner or Petry, so we pass.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
PROBABLY!

This is not about guessing BUDDY!

Just the Facts!

Our Smid Petry pairing played the last half of the year together. 30 games in front of D. Dubnyk
Who was
.777 win% 2.11GA .933 SV%

petry had a season pace of 3G 44A with this pairing.

They were the 5th best 1st pairing D last half of the year.

Heck Smid was was 5G 25PT seaon pace w Petry.

Anyone who wants to trade Petry or Smid.

There are not adjective to describe how big a mistake that is.

When we rolled a top 4 of
Smid-Petry
Whitney-N. Schultz

in front of Dubnyk
772 win% 1.96 GA .935 SV% all losses were only 3.00 GA games.

And the leaf lovers @ TSN said 3.5M for him was nuts.
He was better than price last half and the year and got 3M less.

Our Problem last year was to much KHB
with 2 of Gilbert, Barker, Tuebert in top 4 most of the Year.

I willl take the last half of the season.

If we get to role
Smid-Petry
Whitney-N. Schultz
Peckham-J.Schultz
Potter
It will be a new day.
Dubnyk was better then Price for of the last season ?

And Petry is pretty overrated, who cares what pace he was on, he finished the year with 3 points more then Schenn a defensive D man, and if your only reasoning is his offensive numbers were down because he played in front of a bad goalie then I dunno what to say.... Also Petry also plays pretty bad defence.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:55 PM
franfrey*

Petry is an excellent D-man, that one play does not represent his season as a whole (he isn't very good on the power play, and it's why he's rarely put out on the ice in that situation). The guy played his first full season last year and fared very well. Sure, he's prone to getting beat one-on-one at times, as are a lot of good D-men (Victor Hedman and Ryan Suter for example), but he's generally very good in his own end. He can throw his body around, has an excellent pokecheck, and is a great skater. The one thing he needs to work on is gap control.
Offensively, he has the tools to succeed (hard shot, skating ability) but just can't seem to put it all together, due to a lack of O-zone hockey sense and a shot that is quite inaccurate.
He'll be a very solid 2nd pairing two-way D-man for years to come IMO.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 12-11-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old
12-10-2012, 02:23 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I'm sorry but klein is a very solid defensive defender, and I think a lot of people don't recognize him as a good defender since he has always been behind Weber and Suter, an at some points Hamhuis( all though they were horrible together that last year.) and he doesn't put up a lot of points.

I'm sure eventually Petry will be better, but for right now we don't need eventually and you don't need right now.

If you were looking to go deeper in the playoffs then last year, or if we were rebuilding I think this would be a nice trade, but the roles are reversed so nobody really wants to say it's a good deal.
I think this is why the poster said Petry is underrated,

He's already very good.

He was one half of a dominant shutdown pairing last year. And on top of that, during his time on that shutdown pairing he maintained a 0.5 ppg pace for the last 30 some games of the season while playing very little PP time.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:34 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I think we have a consensus. It's a pretty brutal trade for the preds. Oilers agreed, and with that we can close this.