HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 Canada 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2012, 08:30 AM
tourlord*

vCash: 500
Huberdeau - RNH - Schiefele
Hudon - Strome - Rattie
Monahan - Jenner - Graovac
Wilson - Danault - Ritchie
Catenacci

Rielly - Hamilton
Harrington - Ouellette
Murphy - Dumba
Reinhart

Subban
Paterson
Broissoit

Old
12-06-2012, 09:34 AM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
Huberdeau - RNH - Schiefele
Hudon - Strome - Rattie
Monahan - Jenner - Graovac
Wilson - Danault - Ritchie
Catenacci

Rielly - Hamilton
Harrington - Ouellette
Murphy - Dumba
Reinhart

Subban
Paterson
Broissoit
That could end up being a very bad idea. Would rather see Reinhart in one of their spots.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:52 AM
BozakKadriKessel

My Team

Huderdeau RNH Schiefle

Hudon Strome Ty Rattie

McNeil Jenner Wilson

??? ??? ????

13th forwaed = Nathan Mackinnion.. Maybe just see how he plays same as they did tavares and he will get a chance to jump in if he plays good

Defence

Scott Harrington Dougie Hamilton

Griffin Reiheart Morgan Riley

Ryan Murphy Oulette

7th defencemen= Dumba

Goaltenders

Subban
??

What do you guys think. who u think can squeak in there on the 4th and what do you think abt my list

Old
12-06-2012, 10:05 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
That could end up being a very bad idea. Would rather see Reinhart in one of their spots.
Yeah you could be right. My roster is what I think HC would do.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:20 AM
wings5

Once again with the invites out have to remove Percy and Dreidger so :

Huberdeau-RNH-Schefeile
Hudon-Strome-Ritchie
Drouin-Mackinnon-Rattie
Danault-Jenner-Monohan
Catanacci

Reilly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellet
Reinhart-Murphy
Sproul

Subban
Binnington
Broissoit

If NHL starts something like :

Hudon-Schefeile-Rattie
Drouin-Strome-Mackinnon
Danault-Jenner-McNeill
Monahan-Catanacci-Ritchie
Camara

Reilly-Harrington
Ouellet-Sproul
Reinhart-Murphy
Dumba

(same goalies)

Old
12-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Nuck This

Love how not a single person has Corrado in the lineup yet a lot have Ouelette and Sproul. Corrado is better defensively than those two and is grittier with more mobilility and has experience playing in Russia on the big ice. Not to mention better leadership and character. He makes the team. Watch.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:48 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Love how not a single person has Corrado in the lineup yet a lot have Ouelette and Sproul. Corrado is better defensively than those two and is grittier with more mobilility and has experience playing in Russia on the big ice. Not to mention better leadership and character. He makes the team. Watch.
Ouelett is a lock. He's having a very good season, and is a solid two way guy, good skater for the big ice.

I think the defense stacks up like this:

Locks:
Hamilton
Harrington
Rielly

Close to Locks:
Ouelett
Murphy

You've got IMO Reinhart, Dumba, Sproul, Pouliot and Corrado battling for those last two spots. It's not going to be easy.

Last edited by SnS: 12-06-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old
12-06-2012, 11:11 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
I've never seen Corrado play, but isn't he a team worst -10 in Sudbury? Also his stats don't seem that impressive, but you don't judge a player entirely on his stats. Ouellet has much better stats in Boisbriand, but he also plays on a powerhouse team..

What really makes Corrado better than Ouellet if you don't mind me asking? From what i've seen of Ouellet, he's a pretty solid d-men and was a first team all star last year in the "Q". All this grit, character and leadership you're mentionning is a matter of opinion.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:03 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I've never seen Corrado play, but isn't he a team worst -10 in Sudbury? Also his stats don't seem that impressive, but you don't judge a player entirely on his stats. Ouellet has much better stats in Boisbriand, but he also plays on a powerhouse team..

What really makes Corrado better than Ouellet if you don't mind me asking? From what i've seen of Ouellet, he's a pretty solid d-men and was a first team all star last year in the "Q". All this grit, character and leadership you're mentionning is a matter of opinion.
Corrado is a top 5 defensman in the OHL.

Was voted 5th best last season.

Team worst -10, because he plays on a low scoring team and matches up against other teams best player.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:24 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post

Sudbury is horrible and he plays nearly half the the game against the other teams best players with a less than stellar goalie behind him. Certainly at times looks frustrated that there isn't many high calibre players on his team close to his level and you could see at the SSS he had extra jump and motivation finally playing with skilled players. Not much seperates him from Ouellet imo and he certainly deserves his invite.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:27 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

Team worst -10, because he plays on a low scoring team and matches up against other teams best player.
Frankie is certainly having his tires pumped by Canucks fans. But the fact of the matter is that the Canadians are very deep at the position Frankie plays. There are 7-8 guys who are better than he is by quite a fair margin.

He's a dark horse to make the team, at best. I can only see him making it if 2-3 guys ahead of him are suddenly injured and are not able to play in the WJC.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:36 PM
bsmith14

If the lockout were to end soon what are the chances Strome, Scheifele and Rielly are invited to training camps? The assumption is Huberdeau will be gone and obviously RNH, but their could be others, no? Even Ryan Murphy, Griffen Reinhart would have outside chances at their clubs.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:44 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
If you think Corrado is more mobile and better defensively than Xavier Ouellet, I can only assume you've seen very little of both prospects.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:00 PM
bsmith14

I'm not so sure I like the idea of Wilson on this team. He just doesn't have enough skill to play on the big ice imo. There are other guys like McNeill, Graovac, Camara, and Ritchie who can play physical and keep up with Russias top guys.

Also why is Hudon such a lock for top 6? I know its just MacKenzies list but thats because he probably has an inside source. I like Hudon, I think he is a great player. I just think MacKinnon, Drouin, or even Colin Smith could play 2nd line wing as well but are not in the discussion for it.

Just for fun, can you imagine Drouin - Hopkins - MacKinnon? Defenders would **** there pants!

Old
12-06-2012, 01:09 PM
jedimyrmidon

I'm not sure why people keep putting Mackinnon on the wing. He seriously looked lost there during the SSS. If makes the team, I'm convinced it'll have to be at centre or not at all.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
He won't make the team. Watch.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:20 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
I'm not so sure I like the idea of Wilson on this team. He just doesn't have enough skill to play on the big ice imo. There are other guys like McNeill, Graovac, Camara, and Ritchie who can play physical and keep up with Russias top guys.

Also why is Hudon such a lock for top 6? I know its just MacKenzies list but thats because he probably has an inside source. I like Hudon, I think he is a great player. I just think MacKinnon, Drouin, or even Colin Smith could play 2nd line wing as well but are not in the discussion for it.

Just for fun, can you imagine Drouin - Hopkins - MacKinnon? Defenders would **** there pants!
I think a guy like Colton Gillies was pretty effective in 2008 on big ice playing with Simmonds and Holzapfel. Those guys were buzzing around on the forecheck and great checkers from my recollection, if you can fly around and hit and not be a complete doofus with the puck there is always room for energy and physicality. Wilson can really skate and wants to go out there to crush guys, we will see if he can maintain it all camp.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:22 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
I think a guy like Colton Gillies was pretty effective in 2008 on big ice playing with Simmonds and Holzapfel. Those guys were buzzing around on the forecheck and great checkers from my recollection, if you can fly around and hit and not be a complete doofus with the puck there is always room for energy and physicality. Wilson can really skate and wants to go out there to crush guys, we will see if he can maintain it all camp.
Wilson doesn't skate anywhere near as well as you're making it sound. Nowhere close to Gillies skating level IMO.

He didn't seem to keep up much during the summer series.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Muuri

What do you think about the coaching this year?

Old
12-06-2012, 01:31 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuri View Post
What do you think about the coaching this year?
Cant really comment on coaching until the team plays and practices his system, can you?

Spott is a good coach. Be interesting to see the team he picks.

Old
12-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
If you think Corrado is more mobile and better defensively than Xavier Ouellet, I can only assume you've seen very little of both prospects.
You didn't end up answering me from the last thread: How many times have you seen Corrado play & were focused on him while watching?

Mention Corrado's name once in this thread & you have people saying he is getting his tires pumped, that he's being overhyped ...etc

Last edited by Scottrockztheworld*: 12-06-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old
12-06-2012, 01:42 PM
newfy

Quote:
Corrado isnt on Ouellets level. Hes comparable to Sproul depending what the team needs. A lot of people have Sproul because after Hamilton hes arguably the best offensive dman in the O. Hes 6'4 and can provide some physical play.

Corrado is grittier? None of these guys are a Dumba but none are complete softies either. Leadership thats a joke. Ouellet took Blainsville from a team projected to be last and led them on a deep playoff run last year as an 18 year old captain and a large part of that run was attributed to him and his leadership thats apparently worse than Corrados. I think they have enough two way guys and Corrado doesnt do any one thing great. Thats why I would take Sproul because hes arguably the best goal scoring dman in the CHL and is an amazing skater for his size. Corrado could make it over Sproul but theres no chance at making it over Ouellet

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

Ouellet was voted the second best dman in the Q last year and is considered by everyone pretty much to be the best Q dman. Hes the go to guy on a top 5 team in the CHL, compared to Corrado who plays on a bad team so receives more ice time with inferior players. I'll take the guy whose the go to guy on a top 10 CHL team over a guy who looks good out there compared to crappy guys on his team.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Nash

I don't know why Oullette and Corrado are being compared. Oullette is a lock and they play opposite sides anyways. Corrado is competing with Sproul and Dumba for the final RD pairing, unless they decide to play a D out of his natural position. I don't know why people think it is so easy to transition from playing one side of the rink to the other.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:21 PM
markrander87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
I'm not sure why people keep putting Mackinnon on the wing. He seriously looked lost there during the SSS. If makes the team, I'm convinced it'll have to be at centre or not at all.
The difference between game 1 and 2 was they took that plug Dea of the line and added Drouin...

Old
12-06-2012, 02:22 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Even though McKenzie said Hudon is a lock for the team he said he could be 3rd line winger (for the one I saw on TV)... so not sure why people have him in top6 when I do think there are a few (but not many) better options for 2nd line LW.

Also, to answer the question about if the lockout is ended, I can only give my input on Scheifele. I think he's a bubble guy. Jets have all the players who were in their top6 last season and signed two (Jokinen and Ponikarovsky) who are solid middle 6 players... So I view Scheifele as a bubble player who (all things being equal on a normal season) would be taken to camp, get his few games in the reg season, and then sent down as he'd have to be better than two of Wellwood, Jokinen, Burmistrov, and Antropov.

Closed Thread