HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

CBA Thread, Daniel Bryan Edition: The lockout is (tentatively) over!

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

vCash: 500
Quote:
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin
Worth noting Fehr also set it up so a deal can't be done without him. No union president, no vice-presidents, no negotiating committee.
Hmm...

Old
12-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Ugene Malkin
****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I've seen it before. He did it to BG the last time and blew a huge gasket in '95 as well. People either forget or weren't fans then I guess.

This is what the man does and it wasn't done for us, it was done to scare the players and cause dissent among their ranks, get them to turn on Fehr, etc.
Partly, but Bettman and Daly were sitting in the office and just heard the lies straight out of Fehr's mouth stating they were close on a deal, but he forgot to give a yes or no answer and just kept negotiating when the owners were done and waiting on an answer.

I mean, the players were in the room, there's no excuses for not adhering to the simple demand of yes or no answer. In a way they got their answer in view of another offer which the owners were not looking for.

Seems pretty simple, give them their back diving contract demands and, get the rest of the contractual concessions, profit, get back to work, "Stop losing money."

Old
12-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Partly, but Bettman and Daly were sitting in the office and just heard the lies straight out of Fehr's mouth stating they were close on a deal, but he forgot to give a yes or no answer and just kept negotiating when the owners were done and waiting on an answer.

I mean, the players were in the room, there's no excuses for not adhering to the simple demand of yes or no answer. In a way they got their answer in view of another offer which the owners were not looking for.

Seems pretty simple, give them their back diving contract demands and, get the rest of the contractual concessions, profit, get back to work, "Stop losing money."
Every time the owners don't like what they hear, they want to walk away from the table, they blow up in the press, threaten to pull offers, etc. It is beyond stupid. How do you build trust that way?

Quote:
The owners wanted to leave the room and pull everything we spent a full day on. I asked them to stay and continue pushing through. I may have been passionate but there was no disrespect or calling out one owner by name. I have a lot of respect for any owner because they are a big part of hockey.
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...thing-to-.html

Miller is a very respectable, classy guy. I seriously doubt he is lying.

It isn't unreasonable to expect them to stick it out for more than a few days in a row when things get really tough.

Fehr has his bases covered. The league is wasting time trying to take him out of the picture and in turn they are galvanizing the PA.

No deal will be done without Fehr. The sooner they accept that... The sooner they stop playing childish games and learn to ignore his own games... The sooner a deal gets done.

He cares nothing for their game. The owners need to protect it and stop acting so irrational when things aren't going their way.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Here is a good article by Brunt talking about the games the league is playing trying to take Fehr out of the equation like they did with BG, he even mentions how Fehr was prepared for this to happen and how he turned the tables on Bettman like I mentioned earlier:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...ngry_response/

Old
12-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Dacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
This thing ended yesterday over pension details and term of the CBA, basically. That is pathetic.

The NHL had agreed to let the players work their way down to 50% revenue over the next few years and stay at 50%.

The NHL had agreed to $300M worth of "make whole" payments to ease the transition.

The NHL had agreed to keep the existing UFA and RFA eligibility rules.

The NHL agreed to extend the 5 year contract maximum to 7 years for home teams singing UFAs.

The NHL agreed to the amount of revenue sharing the players wanted.

The owners and Bettman did all the right things this week, and they were turned away. There is no more room to be on the players' side at this point. They walked away from a very good deal, better in fact than what most players in other sports get short of contract length.
First of all, let's agree that all the things above are still worse for the players then the current CBA. So, in each case, it's the NHL "agreeing" to take a little less than they originally wanted to take. In every case, the union is giving up something.

And yes, I agree it is pathetic. Pathetic that negotiations are not continuing. As others have pointed out, the NHL basically said, "We will give a bit more money on make whole, but you have to accept everything else as is." They decided to end the negotiation.

It's a back and forth process. NHL made an offer, NHLPA counteroffered. Then the NHL throws a hissy fit. Give me a break. Either make another counteroffer, or say "nope, that's the best we can do". I mean, that's essentially what they've said, but did we need all the dramatics?

Old
12-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Dacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafkak View Post
It is intensely annoying when someone compares every day working class people and pay-cuts to wealthy millionaires who will see their share of (what used to be) a 3.3 bil. business cut to 50%. Perhaps it would behoove you to go back through the previous threads and understand why so many of us are pro-owner in this debacle.
Regardless of scale, there is a partnership between employers and employees, and it's clear that the players don't feel they're being treated fairly in the proposed deals. So they're talking millions instead of thousands, the same dynamics exist. I'm sure they're are third world factory workers who think it's ridiculous for the western working class to fight for medical benefits. Out of curiosity, what's the cutoff?

Pro athletes come from a variety of backgrounds, and many (if not most) grew up in those same working class families I apparently shouldnt' be comparing them to. And yet, pretty consistently, leagues and player unions get into pretty nasty CBA fights. Is there some bias, some correlation, whereby only greedy stubborn people can make it to that level of sports? Or would the majority of us be exacting the same way in their position? I'm betting it's closer to the latter. As a whole, your average Joe is probably much closer in personality and values to a player than an owner.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:13 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

A rational and reasonable breakdown of where things stand by Pierre LeBrun. If only both sides can get past the posturing.

Quote:
Yes, I still do think a deal will be reached sooner rather than later, and there will be a season. Let’s get that out of the way first.

For all the drama that played out this week, lost in the theatrics was this little fact: the NHL and NHLPA got much closer on an agreement.

Whether or not the emotion gets in the way of a deal, well, that I can’t predict. But purely from a framework basis, this deal is nearly there.

They have essentially agreed on revenue sharing among teams, the players’ pension issues and the make-whole provision.

That leaves three key issues unresolved:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...lose-to-a-deal

Old
12-07-2012, 05:17 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I don't agree with people here saying the NHL said "take it or leave it" and used a bullying tactic. I think that's such a cop-out for the players. The owners who were in the meeting Tuesday night bargained with the players. Each side picked SPECIFICS they needed in the CBA. Both sides obviously agreed as we heard tons of tweets about potential deal being done/optimism/progress/etc. Then when it comes time to present the deal, everything changes? Come on. That's what caused the issue. Fehr thought he could play the game and there was no game being played. That's why Bettman and Fehr were out of the picture.

So yes.. they agreed on specifics then wanted to change the specifics. Come on, folks. This is easy. The players said make this, this, and this right and you have a deal. The owners said fine... but we need this, this, and this. Players agreed. {Enter stage left - Donald Fehr} Everything changes Wednesday when we could be rejoicing over the new deal.

It's documented this way... the pressers show it this way... tweets show it this way. What else is left to discuss? This was a terrible move from Fehr. Terrible.
That is how I understand it. The players said the make whole was most important to them, so the owners in the room went to bat for the players to get them the very unpopular $300m make whole offer.

This $300m make whole offer was contingent on the owners getting the terms that they need on contracts and CBA. It is hard to imagine the owners not getting upset when the players show up and try to renegotiate those terms.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTANDSCORE View Post
That is how I understand it. The players said the make whole was most important to them, so the owners in the room went to bat for the players to get them the very unpopular $300m make whole offer.

This $300m make whole offer was contingent on the owners getting the terms that they need on contracts and CBA. It is hard to imagine the owners not getting upset when the players show up and try to renegotiate those terms.
Something I really like about the owners term on contracts, is that it gives hometown signings a little more leverage, ie 2 more potential years of guaranteed money. It also removes the kind of BS the Flyers pulled this Summer.

I just think they can bump it to six and eight, without things getting out of control.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:44 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

Quote:
Something I really like about the owners term on contracts, is that it gives hometown signings a little more leverage, ie 2 more potential years of guaranteed money. It also removes the kind of BS the Flyers pulled this Summer.

I just think they can bump it to six and eight, without things getting out of control.
Agreed. 6 and 8 seems very fair to me. It also might add an interesting dynamic to playoff rentals.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:01 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

I found this regarding the CBA term.

Quote:
Frankly, I think most players donít really care about this one. One player even suggested to me Friday that this was more a Donald Fehr issue than a player issue. The reason the league needs to get 10 years is that otherwise it wonít shell out $300 million in make-whole money. For the owners to pay that money outside the system, they need to guarantee themselves more years at a true 50-50 split of hockey-related revenues. Obviously, for the first few years of the CBA, paying out $300 million means in reality itís not 50-50 yet. On this issue, I predict the players will be willing to bend.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...lose-to-a-deal

Old
12-07-2012, 06:02 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

^Bobby Mac keeps bringing up the 5 yr deal term which he notes makes no sense since most players won't get that anyway.

Mathieu Schneider from @Proteautype:

MS: "Guys are angry, but they also understand that we’ve done everything that we can, every step of the way...."

"...(O)ne thing I will that I will tell you is if the players give in now, that’s going to guarantee another lockout when this deal is up."

How can they guarantee such things?

And let's be realistic, I think everyone knows by now the league isn't a take it or leave it type. They've said this before and last lockout and it wasn't always true. Even the players know it or else they wouldn't continue to say no.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
NHLPA had a guy that was working well with owners and was respected by owners

Lindros and other hardliners in NHLPA orchestrated a coup to remove him for being buddy buddy with NHL (+ He ordered investigation into how NHLPA funds had been spent under previous leadership)

If Kelly was never removed from NHLPA leadership spot there would be a season with no stoppage IMO this year
Good points but I don't think there was any avoiding a lockout this year. The owners use it as their first weapon of choice when they don't get exactly what they want. But it may well have been over by now if the other guy was leading the union.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacks View Post
First of all, let's agree that all the things above are still worse for the players then the current CBA.
Nope, can't agree to that. Let's review:

There is no way on earth the players were going to keep 57% of revenues. Everyone knew that including players. So, they were coming down. The only question was 50/50 or less. Owners agreeing to long-term 50/50 is a concession and win for players.

Existing UFA / RFA rules stay the same. Ergo, not worse.

Those are two pretty big points.

Players losing out on back-diving contracts is worse, but only for the elite players and it's not worse for the health of the league.

So... the players really f-ed up IMO. Or Fehr did. Whoever you want ot blame. This should be over right now.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Superstar Shane

Quote:
Good points but I don't think there was any avoiding a lockout this year. The owners use it as their first weapon of choice when they don't get exactly what they want. But it may well have been over by now if the other guy was leading the union.
I'm not sure that's a fair statement. People make a lot of fuss over the possiblity of Fehr attacking the salary cap, but IMO, the PA's first several offers did even worse: by pushing for guaranteed dollars instead of a % of HRR, the players were attacking cost certainty. Couple that with the PA's refusal to start negotiating until a month and a half (or however long it was) before the expiration of the old deal, and I don't see what other choice the owners had.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Ugene Malkin
****!

Quote:
Every time the owners don't like what they hear, they want to walk away from the table, they blow up in the press, threaten to pull offers, etc. It is beyond stupid. How do you build trust that way?

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...thing-to-.html

Miller is a very respectable, classy guy. I seriously doubt he is lying.

It isn't unreasonable to expect them to stick it out for more than a few days in a row when things get really tough.

Fehr has his bases covered. The league is wasting time trying to take him out of the picture and in turn they are galvanizing the PA.

No deal will be done without Fehr. The sooner they accept that... The sooner they stop playing childish games and learn to ignore his own games... The sooner a deal gets done.

He cares nothing for their game. The owners need to protect it and stop acting so irrational when things aren't going their way.
The owners have a list of must haves at no cost. I believe they're at that point, they'll give up other concessions before they back off this one.

As they said; it was a package deal with the 300 make whole was contingent on them agreeing to there "final" demands they feel are crucial to them.

Quote from your link from, Brunt.

Quote:
That’s great, Fehr said. Thanks for the money.

Now let’s negotiate the other stuff.

Gee, where have we seen that before?
Did Fehr not understand what they were asking for? How about the players?

The Owners were asking for a yes or no to a simple question, and I don't blame them for being mad, and I certainly don't blame them for pulling the entire offer off the table if the Fehr and players are not doing a simple request of a yes or no answer. Why did they take so long? They were putting a offer together, how incompetent is that?

You won't give them their three most critical pieces then there's no reason to move further, but they're are willing to pay for them. They are not getting 100m for nothing.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:47 PM
cassius

I'd rather be involved in a SAW style torture chamber than read another article about the NHL lockout. Same **** different day.

This folks who are in charge of running this sport are a complete joke - plain and simple. I look forward to the day when professional fishing, WNBA, lacrosse, and MLS soccer are more relevant than the NHL. Based on the current trajectory, that will happen sooner than later.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
The owners have a list of must haves at no cost. I believe they're at that point, they'll give up other concessions before they back off this one.

As they said; it was a package deal with the 300 make whole was contingent on them agreeing to there "final" demands they feel are crucial to them.
It seems silly at this point that both sides can't come to an agreement. The NHL simply has to stop making take it or leave it deals, making threats, creating a media circus, walking out when things don't go there way, etc.

I hope they can find a way to keep these term limits, but they should be willing to budge slightly to get a deal done. Adding another year each to contract length isn't a big deal, as for CBA length, I think the players will take ten years if the owners relent some on the contract length.

Quote:
Quote from your link from, Brunt.

Did Fehr not understand what they were asking for? How about the players?

The Owners were asking for a yes or no to a simple question, and I don't blame them for being mad, and I certainly don't blame them for pulling the entire offer off the table if the Fehr and players are not doing a simple request of a yes or no answer. Why did they take so long? They were putting a offer together, how incompetent is that?

You won't give them their three most critical pieces then there's no reason to move further, but they're are willing to pay for them. They are not getting 100m for nothing.
The owners are just butthurt Fehr got them to show their hand. Lets be totally honest here.

I touched on this earlier, but again, Fehr just did to Bettman, what Bettman did to BG with the rollback in the last CBA.

I want the owners to win these term limits, but my god is Bettman a hypocrite. It's ok for him to pull that on the PA, but when it happens to him, he throws a tantrum and attacks Fehr. Keep galvanizing the PA Gary... It's almost as smart as requesting a two week break in talks.

The parlor tricks he used to out BG aren't going to work with Fehr.

As I pointed out above, adding another year to length isn't going to dramatically alter things and it will put an end to the BS contracts.

Stop... Making... This... Personal...

Last edited by Mr Jiggyfly: 12-07-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old
12-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Dacks

Quote:
Nope, can't agree to that. Let's review:

There is no way on earth the players were going to keep 57% of revenues. Everyone knew that including players. So, they were coming down. The only question was 50/50 or less. Owners agreeing to long-term 50/50 is a concession and win for players.

Existing UFA / RFA rules stay the same. Ergo, not worse.

Those are two pretty big points.

Players losing out on back-diving contracts is worse, but only for the elite players and it's not worse for the health of the league.

So... the players really f-ed up IMO. Or Fehr did. Whoever you want ot blame. This should be over right now.
Sorry, I meant to say "worse or the same". But the point still stands. The players won't be making any gains on this CBA. You can paint 50/50 and "make whole" as win for the players, but it's still a step back from what they currently have.

Whether or not the union f-ed up remains to be seen. It's tactics on both sides. There are two major unknowns:

1) Is the NHL really willing to lose a season on those three points, or was Bettman's PC and the various owner statements just a tactic to convince the players it's take it or leave it time?

2) Was the union willing to take the last offer, but pushed for more on Fehr's advice? Will they backtrack now or do they still think there's some negotiation room?

The majority of posters seem convinced that the players can't get anything better, now they'll probably get something worse, they missed their chance and we may miss out on hockey. I don't see why you couldn't equally blame the owners, they could have done this behind closed doors instead of Bettman's dramatic conference, now someone will have to lose face, and we both know that won't sit with Bettman or Fehr.

Both sides have used scummy tactics. I was on board with Fehr up until this week and now I have some doubts. But I thought the owners were just as bad with the staged hissy fit last night. Was Bettman genuinely mad? Of course. But the long press conference, all this talk of "hill we die on" is pathetic. Save the dramatics, get back in the boardroom.

End of the day though, owners are pushing to get more out of this CBA, players are trying to hold on to what they already have. They are the underdogs, the got beaten badly last time, I don't blame them for fighting for every scrap they can get. Still think we'll have a deal before Jan 1.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Dacks

Quote:
It seems silly at this point that both sides can't come to an agreement. The NHL simply has to stop making take it or leave it deals, making threats, creating a media circus, walking out when things don't go there way, etc.

I hope they can find a way to keep these term limits, but they should be willing to budge slightly to get a deal done. Adding another year each to contract length isn't a big deal, as for CBA length, I think the players will take ten years if the owners relent some on the contract length.

The owners are just butthurt Fehr got them to show their hand. Lets be totally honest here.

I touched on this earlier, but again, Fehr just did to Bettman, what Bettman did to BG with the rollback in the last CBA.

I want the owners to win these term limits, but my god is Bettman a hypocrite. It's ok for him to pull that on the PA, but when it happens to him, he throws a tantrum?

As I pointed out above, adding another year to length isn't going to dramatically alter things and it will put an end to the BS contracts.

Well, I think JiggyFly is making my exact point. It's a negotiation. I expect players to be a bit dramatic on twitter, but the stuff from Bettman is so hypocritical, it blows my mind he's actually winning some people over.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:19 PM
SidTheKid8787

The PA should be worrying more about the health of the game and giving back some to the fans instead of "how much more do we have to give?". I'd start by agreeing to 10/8 yr CBA with the make whole with no transition requirements. If they did that this gets done within hours and they may get a few years tacked on to contract term limits.

Fans win(10 year CBA), you get your make whole which is a total non-starter if it's off the table and you'll probably get more favourable term limits.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Ugene Malkin
****!

Quote:

I want the owners to win these term limits, but my god is Bettman a hypocrite. It's ok for him to pull that on the PA, but when it happens to him, he throws a tantrum and attacks Fehr. Keep galvanizing the PA Gary... It's almost as smart as requesting a two week break in talks.

For me it is personal.

Why?

This is my one last outlet I have left beyond my daily life.

It's getting to the point that there will be "no sports" in my life. Just tired of all the BS.

I can thank Fehr for helping ruin my baseball fetish. I was adamant about them as I am with the Pens. I watch every win and every grueling lost game(not since 2007 IIRC). Add it with the WWNFL, and I'm at my wits end.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:47 PM
vikingGoalie

Quote:

I disagree with the overall tone of what you are saying. (nothing personal)

No one has really disputed the course of events. Basically Fehr told the players to hold out for more. He is employing passive aggressive tactics and being evasive, late to meetings. Basically stonewalling any progress in an effort to get the owners so pissed off that he gets them off balance.

Fehr might not be BG, but Bettman and the owners will not back down over their critical points. Fehr has already cost his constituents more then they will ever recoup in their lifetimes. The math doesn't make sense for the players. They are doing this because while they "lost" the last CBA they keep forgetting that ultimately they really "won" because Bettman and the League invested in the product and grew it quite a bit.
But the player side took thinks personal, how else to explain irrational stands for $$$ that they will never get.

Last of all, I believe that Burkle is a stand-up guy. This is a moderate owner, who is very very player friendly. Has experience negotiating with unions and has a sterling reputation.

HE IS PISSED, what does that tell you about Fehr's icy touch on negotiations.

Bettman's whole strategy of having the Owners/Players talk to each other was simply to get the impediment to negotiation, aka Fehr out of the room. It worked, return of Fehr, here we are. The deal that was on the table was pretty darn fair. You can guarentee, I'd be willing to wager some Onion rings at FatHeads that this season is cancelled the players will end up signing a CBA that is much worse then the one they refused to agree too.

This sport has the greatest atheletes on earth with the greatest commitment, they are willing to put their bodies in front of 100mph vulcanized rubber for their team. Perhaps they took one too many of those to their noggins...

Old
12-07-2012, 10:00 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I hate that there is no hockey but I have respect for Bettman & Fehr as labor negotiators. That's as far as the respect goes but you have to give it to them. They've played a pretty good chess match.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:01 PM
vikingGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I hate that there is no hockey but I have respect for Bettman & Fehr as labor negotiators. That's as far as the respect goes but you have to give it to them. They've played a pretty good chess match.
the problem being that Fehr is expending all his pawns (his players) in a game the owners ultimately own. If Fehr's goal is the good of the players he represents, then he is not doing a very good job.

The 300M make whole spread out over some years, yaay Fehr hung on got that extra 90M at the expense of another month of hockey.

Quick Math. If league revenues where once again 3.3B this season, and the players got 50% of that. They lost 25% of the games this season minimium.
That equates to 412M lost this season in player revenues.

I don't get it. The league might be willing to die on the hill of player contract lengths. But the players are willing to die running around aimlessly in an empty field. First it's make whole, then it's FA availability, then it's ELC, then it's Pension, now it's on to something else.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingGoalie View Post
I disagree with the overall tone of what you are saying. (nothing personal)

No one has really disputed the course of events. Basically Fehr told the players to hold out for more. He is employing passive aggressive tactics and being evasive, late to meetings. Basically stonewalling any progress in an effort to get the owners so pissed off that he gets them off balance.

Fehr might not be BG, but Bettman and the owners will not back down over their critical points. Fehr has already cost his constituents more then they will ever recoup in their lifetimes. The math doesn't make sense for the players. They are doing this because while they "lost" the last CBA they keep forgetting that ultimately they really "won" because Bettman and the League invested in the product and grew it quite a bit.
But the player side took thinks personal, how else to explain irrational stands for $$$ that they will never get.

Last of all, I believe that Burkle is a stand-up guy. This is a moderate owner, who is very very player friendly. Has experience negotiating with unions and has a sterling reputation.

HE IS PISSED, what does that tell you about Fehr's icy touch on negotiations.

Bettman's whole strategy of having the Owners/Players talk to each other was simply to get the impediment to negotiation, aka Fehr out of the room. It worked, return of Fehr, here we are. The deal that was on the table was pretty darn fair. You can guarentee, I'd be willing to wager some Onion rings at FatHeads that this season is cancelled the players will end up signing a CBA that is much worse then the one they refused to agree too.

This sport has the greatest atheletes on earth with the greatest commitment, they are willing to put their bodies in front of 100mph vulcanized rubber for their team. Perhaps they took one too many of those to their noggins...
Thing is, Crosby is pissed to and he is a stand up guy as well:

Quote:
“I’m disappointed,” Crosby said. “This whole process shouldn’t be to this point. I really thought we made progress over the few days. Both sides were clear on what they wanted. We found a way to move their way. If that’s the position they’re going to take, don’t have everyone go discuss stuff and then throw it out the window like that.”

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#ixzz2EQvGfzRb
They were getting close and the players asked to bring in Fehr to close the deal. That makes total sense because the players aren't equipped to do that. That is just common knowledge.

Then the owners said if they want to do that, the current owner-player format would cease. So Burkle left town, as did Tannanbaum. Two guys who swore they were staying to hammer out a deal.

You can't tell me the owners and Bettman didn't know Fehr would be brought in to close the deal. Instead of working with the players and continuing the negotiations that came so far, Bettman goes back to his old bag of tricks.

Any fool can see Fehr saw this coming and set up his hierarchy to prevent it. But Bettman insists on going to his same old handbook: lockout, try to break the union, attack PA leader, get indignant, pass the blame...

Bettman is a hypocrite and he stood on that stage and lied once again, while calling out Fehr for the very thing he did seven years ago.

I mean, c'mon....

Now the fans suffer and more time ticks off the clock.

Last edited by Mr Jiggyfly: 12-07-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Closed Thread