HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBA Thread, Daniel Bryan Edition: The lockout is (tentatively) over!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2012, 01:43 AM
  #626
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve
 
HuskerTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 12,287
vCash: 500
Here we go again...

Ex NHL coach Michel Bergeron says "done deal", games to resume January 1.

http://ac.rds.ca/manchette/paneliste/7881

HuskerTornado is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 07:00 AM
  #627
Giskard
Registered User
 
Giskard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alps
Country: Italy
Posts: 597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
Here we go again...

Ex NHL coach Michel Bergeron says "done deal", games to resume January 1.

http://ac.rds.ca/manchette/paneliste/7881
Sure, but I wonder if he's talking about the NHL (or the LNH)

Giskard is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 08:39 AM
  #628
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroHero View Post
Yep



shop potential
PURE gold hahaha

But what's behind this red panda story?

Milliardo is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 08:41 AM
  #629
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
Here we go again...

Ex NHL coach Michel Bergeron says "done deal", games to resume January 1.

http://ac.rds.ca/manchette/paneliste/7881
Michel Bergeron and the rest of those clowns are all idiots. Dumbest sport show in North America

Le Magnifique 66 is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 08:54 AM
  #630
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
PURE gold hahaha

But what's behind this red panda story?
#PariseWatch did strange things to us

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 09:46 AM
  #631
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
#PariseWatch did strange things to us
I was here, but I still missed how it started.

Milliardo is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 09:48 AM
  #632
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy
 
Antaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
I was here, but I still missed how it started.
Dark times called for desperate measures.

It was the only way out.

Antaris is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 10:17 AM
  #633
BlindWillyMcHurt
Registered User
 
BlindWillyMcHurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,973
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/EKane9JETS/statu...34073878773760

Evander Kane showing us how hard the lockout is hitting his finances.

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 12:42 PM
  #634
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,486
vCash: 500
What a jag.

McHuge, Kayle: good points and links, thanks.

Ogre: probably true. I'm mostly concerned with the NHL and see growth in youth numbers as a important but not sufficient justification for Bettman-like expansion.

Also not really sure I buy the idea that all those USA Hockey Membership increases are due to league expansion into non-traditional markets. USA Hockey is sort of its own thing right... markets itself, is active in communities. Just pointing that out.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 01:26 PM
  #635
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
https://twitter.com/EKane9JETS/statu...34073878773760

Evander Kane showing us how hard the lockout is hitting his finances.
He's a kid making millions, I'd have fun with it too.

mpp9 is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 01:34 PM
  #636
BlindWillyMcHurt
Registered User
 
BlindWillyMcHurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,973
vCash: 500
Good for you.

Hopefully, though, you'd have more situational awareness and exercise a bit more tact.

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 02:47 PM
  #637
Sivek
Registered User
 
Sivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Turris had some dickish parting shots for his Finland experience. Derick Brassard looks like he just decided to jump his contract with his Austrian team. Numerous other NHL players complaining about their experiences abroad.

#lockout problems

Maybe the NHL isn't so bad a place to be.

Sivek is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 02:56 PM
  #638
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
He's a kid making millions, I'd have fun with it too.
A kid who is obviously clueless and self-centered as well. He can do what he likes, but he can suffer the PR consequences for it too.

Go have fun and wave piles of cash in fans' faces when there's not a season-ending lockout going on. Definitely minus some respect points on that one. Never liked Kane that much to begin with because he's always seemed like a kid with an attitude to me; this just cements it. Are there any other NHL players waving bundles of cash around?

Unless this picture was from a long time ago (in which case it's not nearly as tactless but still pretty retarded on the whole), then no one should give the kid a pass on this.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 02:59 PM
  #639
Burgs
Registered User
 
Burgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,758
vCash: 500
Obligatory Mike Commodore reference:



Though that was some years ago.

Yeah Kane seems pretty stupid. Good thing he's still got his NHL money since he obviously can't hack it in the KHL.

Burgs is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 03:00 PM
  #640
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
A kid who is obviously clueless and self-centered as well. He can do what he likes, but he can suffer the PR consequences for it too.

Go have fun and wave piles of cash in fans' faces when there's not a season-ending lockout going on. Definitely minus some respect points on that one. Never liked Kane that much to begin with because he's always seemed like a kid with an attitude to me; this just cements it. Are there any other NHL players waving bundles of cash around?

Unless this picture was from a long time ago (in which case it's not nearly as tactless but still pretty retarded on the whole), then no one should give the kid a pass on this.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411959

He apologized saying it had nothing to do with the lockout (not that I believe him).

Shady Machine is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
  #641
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,486
vCash: 500
And not that it's even 1% relevant if he was being honest. That's like saying "I'm so stupid I didn't even think about the lockout and how this might make players look when that picture was taken. Sorry! Hurrr." Meat-head status: confirmed.

Also thank you Burgs for poisoning my mind with that horrific visual image. Why I oughta....

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 03:28 PM
  #642
Mordax
Abso-Buc'n-lutely
 
Mordax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
I amazed any of you guys are still following this, NHL, thing...

Mordax is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 03:28 PM
  #643
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
I'm losing more and more respect for the players and the PA as time goes on.

penguins2946* is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 08:25 PM
  #644
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
What a jag.

McHuge, Kayle: good points and links, thanks.

Ogre: probably true. I'm mostly concerned with the NHL and see growth in youth numbers as a important but not sufficient justification for Bettman-like expansion.

Also not really sure I buy the idea that all those USA Hockey Membership increases are due to league expansion into non-traditional markets. USA Hockey is sort of its own thing right... markets itself, is active in communities. Just pointing that out.
If I didn't follow NHL hockey and prospects, I would have no freaking idea that USA hockey existed outside of the Olympics for a few weeks every 4 years. There is a reason youth hockey is growing at a MUCH faster rate in areas with NHL teams than in areas without them.

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
12-19-2012, 08:50 PM
  #645
Sivek
Registered User
 
Sivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Something rather rare, a player discussing his overseas play in a well thought-out manner.

Andrew Cogliano on playing in Austria:

“It really does humble you,” says Cogliano. “I know when I go back I won’t be taking much for granted. I can see myself playing even harder now (in the NHL) and make sure I’m fighting for my job every game because we have it really good back home. We do things in the NHL that guys here wouldn’t even imagine.”

NHLPA, there might just be some hope for you yet.

Sivek is offline  
Old
12-20-2012, 08:17 AM
  #646
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Something rather rare, a player discussing his overseas play in a well thought-out manner.

Andrew Cogliano on playing in Austria:

“It really does humble you,” says Cogliano. “I know when I go back I won’t be taking much for granted. I can see myself playing even harder now (in the NHL) and make sure I’m fighting for my job every game because we have it really good back home. We do things in the NHL that guys here wouldn’t even imagine.”

NHLPA, there might just be some hope for you yet.
Good to hear. I wish he would elaborate on what he means but I'm assuming pay and amenities.

Shady Machine is offline  
Old
12-20-2012, 08:35 AM
  #647
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Good to hear. I wish he would elaborate on what he means but I'm assuming pay and amenities.
I don't think it's pay, since that was a given from the beginning. It's the amenities for sure, all the special treatment they get in the NHL, they take it all for granted.

Milliardo is offline  
Old
12-20-2012, 09:09 AM
  #648
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Good to hear. I wish he would elaborate on what he means but I'm assuming pay and amenities.
The massage girls that are called into the training rooms and hotel rooms to "relax the players" the night before a big game. Oh and the lobster.


Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
12-20-2012, 04:01 PM
  #649
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy
 
Antaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home


NHL cancels games up to Jan 14. Guess that's it.


man.



Antaris is offline  
Old
12-20-2012, 05:00 PM
  #650
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,041
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaris View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home


NHL cancels games up to Jan 14. Guess that's it.


man.


Called it.

But yeah..is anyone really surprised???

MetalheadPenguinsFan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.