HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Fight Announcements & Rumors - Part VII (Machida/Munoz *Bisping out)

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 07:35 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
No, just like Condit did the first time they fought. Condit's a top of the division fighter. Rory hasn't beaten anyone in the top 10 yet.
Still not respecting Rory?

Old
12-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I Am Beat You

vCash: 500
The BJ Penn we saw on Saturday is not a top 10 WW.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:12 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Still not respecting Rory?

Old
12-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Captain_Cunney

There was about a 3 min stretch where you can pull those clips from. Don't forget that rory was woop'n that ass before that, as a kid.

The fight will be even closer this time, both are better versions of themselves. Defineitly plan on heading to mtl for that one, they could go huge & do gsp/Diaz on the card but it would be nice to throw us a different headliner....benson vs melendez maybe.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:50 AM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
There was about a 3 min stretch where you can pull those clips from. Don't forget that rory was woop'n that ass before that, as a kid.

The fight will be even closer this time, both are better versions of themselves. Defineitly plan on heading to mtl for that one, they could go huge & do gsp/Diaz on the card but it would be nice to throw us a different headliner....benson vs melendez maybe.
Might want to re-watch that fight and pay attention this time around.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:19 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudas View Post
Might want to re-watch that fight and pay attention this time around.
3 minutes, 5 minutes.. there is not much to argue about that fight other than semantics. Rory won the first two rounds, and Condit won the third handily. It was seconds away from being a draw at worst for Rory, only because its hard to trust the judges to score a 10-8 round properly.

I like both guys. I think Rory will be a decent favorite to win by the time it rolls around, and it will probably be tight decision as many of Condit's fights are.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Peter Griffin

So if Rory does win, what's next for him? A move to 185? If he beats Condit then there really isn't a whole lot more for him to prove at 170 assuming he's not going to fight GSP for the title.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:59 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
So if Rory does win, what's next for him? A move to 185? If he beats Condit then there really isn't a whole lot more for him to prove at 170 assuming he's not going to fight GSP for the title.
I think the Rory/Condit winner will fight the Maia/Fitch winner regardless of what happens with GSP.

Old
12-14-2012, 05:19 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
It would be his first top 10 WW win. I believe in the hype but he still wouldn't deserve a title shot even if he doesn't want it.

Maybe his second depending on where Pyle was ranked when they fought.

Old
12-14-2012, 05:50 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
3 minutes, 5 minutes.. there is not much to argue about that fight other than semantics. Rory won the first two rounds, and Condit won the third handily. It was seconds away from being a draw at worst for Rory, only because its hard to trust the judges to score a 10-8 round properly.

I like both guys. I think Rory will be a decent favorite to win by the time it rolls around, and it will probably be tight decision as many of Condit's fights are.
5 of his 34 fights have gone to decision...

Old
12-14-2012, 05:56 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Condit beat the pulp out of Rory in the 3rd. He out struck him 48 to 9. Come on.

Old
12-14-2012, 05:57 PM
VLoo

Quote:
Condit usually has close fights though, regardless if they go to the scorecards or not.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:17 PM
m9

Quote:
4 decisions in 7 UFC fights plus the really late Rory finish which would have been a draw. 2 split decisions plus a controversial one v Diaz.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:36 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLoo View Post
Condit usually has close fights though, regardless if they go to the scorecards or not.
He crapped on Hardy and DHK, but his competition other than them has been very good. Ellenberger, Kampmann, and MacDonald are very talented and Diaz and GSP are proven top of the division guys.

Not to mention, his title run in the WEC was all finishes.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Condit beat the pulp out of Rory in the 3rd. He out struck him 48 to 9. Come on.
No one is saying otherwise. Rory clearly won the first two rounds and Condit won the third and finished the fight.

Condit is tough to finish but Rory has more experience and training now. He almost beat him once and he will beat him this time.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:50 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
No one is saying otherwise. Rory clearly won the first two rounds and Condit won the third and finished the fight.

Condit is tough to finish but Rory has more experience and training now. He almost beat him once and he will beat him this time.
Condit has improved just as much, if not more, than Rory since that fight. For Christ's sake, he took GSP down to the wire and almost finished him.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Condit has improved just as much, if not more, than Rory since that fight. For Christ's sake, he took GSP down to the wire and almost finished him.
I'm not going to get into the "who has improved more" debate since that's very subjective and neither one of us know for sure. What we do know is that Condit had 29 professional fights under his belt when he fought Rory and Rory had 10. I don't think he was even training with Tristar and GSP the first time they fought.

Condit caught GSP with a kick and could have finished him but he didn't. In the end he lost a unanimous decision like everyone does against GSP. I think two judges had it a clean sweep (50-45) and the third judge had it 49-46.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I'm not going to get into the "who has improved more" debate since that's very subjective and neither one of us know for sure. What we do know is that Condit had 29 professional fights under his belt when he fought Rory and Rory had 10. I don't think he was even training with Tristar and GSP the first time they fought.

Condit caught GSP with a kick and could have finished him but he didn't. In the end he lost a unanimous decision like everyone does against GSP. I think two judges had it a clean sweep (50-45) and the third judge had it 49-46.
You can have close 50-45s. There have been tons. Condit performed very well in that fight and to think otherwise is foolish.

Both are very talented, but I'll take the guy who can gameplan with the best of them and can push the cardio to insane limits.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
You can have close 50-45s. There have been tons. Condit performed very well in that fight and to think otherwise is foolish.

Both are very talented, but I'll take the guy who can gameplan with the best of them and can push the cardio to insane limits.
Not to mention has a killer instinct and can finish fights in a number of ways. Condit gets no respect around here. Can't wait for him to humiliate Rory again.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:13 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Not to mention has a killer instinct and can finish fights in a number of ways. Condit gets no respect around here. Can't wait for him to humiliate Rory again.
Ain't happening. Clearly you're both Condit fans, and obviously that's fine. I actually find him to be quite likable (certainly more so than Rory). But if memory serves Rory was very clearly winning that fight until he gassed in the third. Also, while improvement can be considered subjective, odds are the 20-year old with 10 fights improved more than the 26-year old with 29. Doesn't mean it's a fact, but it's likely.

Quote:
Plenty of guys have gone to decision with GSP. And sure he caught GSP with that kick (which he deserves credit for), but aside from that he very clearly lost every round. This wasn't like Machida-Shogun 1 or Forrest-Rampage that were razor thin decisions. GSP very clearly won every round but the 3rd, and very clearly won that fight.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:47 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Ain't happening. Clearly you're both Condit fans, and obviously that's fine. I actually find him to be quite likable (certainly more so than Rory). But if memory serves Rory was very clearly winning that fight until he gassed in the third. Also, while improvement can be considered subjective, odds are the 20-year old with 10 fights improved more than the 26-year old with 29. Doesn't mean it's a fact, but it's likely.
I'm not really a Condit fan. I'm more indifferent of who wins this fight because I like watching both of them, despite what I may have said about Rory. Though, if I had to pick a guy or two at WW it'd be Diaz and Hendricks. Been on Diaz since Diaz/Gomi in PRIDE and on Hendricks since I met him at UFC on Fox 2.

That's part of Condit's game plan. He works guys with suspectible cardio because he has an unlimited gas tank. That's not something to discount. Not to mention, if it would have went to a decision, it would have be 10-8 in the 3rd and a draw, but Condit finished him and won the fight.

Quote:
Plenty of guys have gone to decision with GSP. And sure he caught GSP with that kick (which he deserves credit for), but aside from that he very clearly lost every round. This wasn't like Machida-Shogun 1 or Forrest-Rampage that were razor thin decisions. GSP very clearly won every round but the 3rd, and very clearly won that fight.
Yes, he lost 4-5 rounds, but all of them, or most of them, were close rounds. It was a relatively close fight.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:56 PM
I Am Beat You

Condit got the better of Rory on the feet in each round, and Rory did virtually nothing to him on the ground. As I recall, the first two rounds were very close and I had it 28-28 best case scenario for Rory.

I think it's also worth noting that Rory never seems to say anything about that fight except that he got his ass beat and the stoppage was fine. Condit was the better fighter at the time and I'm interested to see how the rematch goes down.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:07 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Condit got the better of Rory on the feet in each round, and Rory did virtually nothing to him on the ground. As I recall, the first two rounds were very close and I had it 28-28 best case scenario for Rory.

I think it's also worth noting that Rory never seems to say anything about that fight except that he got his ass beat and the stoppage was fine. Condit was the better fighter at the time and I'm interested to see how the rematch goes down.
I might have to watch it again. All I remember is Condit brutalizing him in the 3rd.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:

The post fight pics of Rory were pretty bad. Rory is a good fighter who is on his way to being great. Condit's time is now and I don't think hes going to let anyone get in the way of him getting another crack at the belt. It should be a great fight and if its 5 rounds..thats a major advantage for NBK since hes a slow starter.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Dennis Siver/Cub Swanson was announced this week too.

Closed Thread