HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12'/13' Marlies Part I|24-14-2-2|Colborne and Ashton stepping up?

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2012, 01:21 AM
zeke
#TeamReimer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Considering the age of the defense, and the leading scorers we know how the Marlies are constructed.
yep, the way they are constructed is that their three best players are three kids with legit top-6/top-4 NHL upside in Kadri, Frattin, and Gardiner, with plenty of very young legit prospect depth with Colborne, Abbott, Ashton, D'Amigo, McKegg, Deschamps, Ross, Holzer, Blacker, and three goalies with legit NHL upside in Scrivens, Rynnas, and Owuya.

we know how the Marlies are constructed.

Last edited by zeke: 12-22-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old
12-22-2012, 03:46 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Last year opinions changed about Stalberg, as we've had regular discussions with Hawks fans here. Perhaps getting over his concussion made the difference. 22 goals 43 points is pretty good in his 3rd. NHL season. He was 5th. in scoring for the Hawks, a pretty good team.
Stalberg is good but still most want him gone lol. I liked him a lot too actually.

12-22-2012, 03:53 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Stalberg is good but still most want him gone lol. I liked him a lot too actually.
Your an vatt is nice lol

Old
12-22-2012, 04:27 AM
rodeo11

Hello guys !

Could you advice me about the season Korbinian Holzer is having on the marlies. Does he look good enough to win a spot on the maple leafs if the lockout would end? Many thanks for you oppinions and best wishes from Germany !

Old
12-22-2012, 05:15 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo11 View Post
Hello guys !

Could you advice me about the season Korbinian Holzer is having on the marlies. Does he look good enough to win a spot on the maple leafs if the lockout would end? Many thanks for you oppinions and best wishes from Germany !
Been a solid player and shown that he is ready for the bigs. Nothing flashy but effective. So we know he can do it in the bottom pairing IMO.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Old
12-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Rare Jewel
Patience

That goal Ashton scored last night left me encouraged.

Hope he keeps it up.

Old
12-22-2012, 08:18 AM
TmlHockeyFan

I'd rather see Ranger and Kostka playing rather than Komisarek and Liles

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Ranger-Gardiner
Fraser-Kostka
Holzer

Old
12-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
That goal Ashton scored last night left me encouraged.

Hope he keeps it up.
I feel like that tumbleweed man from family guy.

"they all laughed at me... they all laughed at me"

Seriously he has the offense and skill people forget about. He won't be a 30 goal scorer but with a playmaker in the bigs he can do it IMO. He is a big body who has the ability to park his behind right in front of the net and occasionally snipe some good shots. He's a project but he has offense people dont realize.

Old
12-22-2012, 08:39 AM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
I'd rather see Ranger and Kostka playing rather than Komisarek and Liles

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Ranger-Gardiner
Fraser-Kostka
Holzer

Liles is probably our third best defender on the team next to Gardiner and Phaneuf....

Old
12-22-2012, 08:57 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post

Liles is probably our third best defender on the team next to Gardiner and Phaneuf....
I'd rate Gunnarsson over him. I'd rather give guys like Kostka and Ranger a chance.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post

Agreed, he actually made our powerplay relevant once again lol.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I'd rate Gunnarsson over him. I'd rather give guys like Kostka and Ranger a chance.
Trust me when he gets his feet wet Liles will be much more valuable than Gunnarsson and Im a huge fan of Carl.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Morlesio14*

I was at the game last night and even though we were outshot the team played well. Nice passes (especially on the Hamilton-aucoin-Abbott line). Ranger has a wicked shot. Kostka is one of those offensive Dman that are able to make good defensive decisions. Scrivens played very well. Cheers and happy holidays!

Old
12-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Agreed, he actually made our powerplay relevant once again lol.
Not to mention the defensive zone breakouts. I remember when Liles went down with concussion symptoms. The few games following, we really struggled in that aspect of the game.

Abbott is impressing me right now. Reminds of a young Vinny Prospal. Him and Hamilton have been a great duo of late.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I am also glad to see Abbott played well I don't know exactly how well as I didn't watch the show.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

Heading down to the game today (have been hoping to see the new Jets play, so I guess this will have to do for now ), what is the latest on Gardiner and Kadri. Will they play today?

Old
12-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Not to mention the defensive zone breakouts. I remember when Liles went down with concussion symptoms. The few games following, we really struggled in that aspect of the game.
From what I remember he still wasn't playing to form he's capable of. In Colorado he was a lot stronger and when he comes back and plays healthy we can see a lot more of that.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
Heading down to the game today (have been hoping to see the new Jets play, so I guess this will have to do for now ), what is the latest on Gardiner and Kadri. Will they play today?
Don't think so, don't see any updates either, if I see something I'll post here. Cheer us loud and enjoy!

Old
12-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
I am also glad to see Abbott played well I don't know exactly how well as I didn't watch the show.
I watched the 3rd period and honestly once again the whole Marlies team looked bad offensively. Rangers goal was on the PP and they had a couple powerplays just before his and they were brutal to watch, absolutely no chances on them other than Ranger's one-timer goal. Even Ashton's goal was from a quick breakout and was scored within 15 seconds of a faceoff from the Marlies blueline. The Marlies were not able to sustain pressure. They just capitalized on their few chances.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I watched the 3rd period and honestly once again the whole Marlies team looked bad offensively. Rangers goal was on the PP and they had a couple powerplays just before his and they were brutal to watch, absolutely no chances on them other than Ranger's one-timer goal. Even Ashton's goal was from a quick breakout and was scored within 15 seconds of a faceoff from the Marlies blueline. The Marlies were not able to sustain pressure. They just capitalized on their few chances.
Well thats what counts, hardwork beats talent so far now let's just take it and move on. When we get our top players in Gardiner and Kadri, I hope our chemistry gets up more.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Well thats what counts, hardwork beats talent so far now let's just take it and move on. When we get our top players in Gardiner and Kadri, I hope our chemistry gets up more.
Yeah, hardwork is all the Marlies right now has going for them. Kadri and Gardiner are really really missed. Frattin I hate to say it has been pretty useless these 2 games without them as well. Not sure if it's because he relies on them heavily to help create offense or if it is because the other team can now focus on controlling him instead. Hopefully he can break out of this slump and get some offense going tonight on his own because the Marlies need it.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Yeah, hardwork is all the Marlies right now has going for them. Kadri and Gardiner are really really missed. Frattin I hate to say it has been pretty useless these 2 games without them as well. Not sure if it's because he relies on them heavily to help create offense or if it is because the other team can now focus on controlling him instead. Hopefully he can break out of this slump and get some offense going tonight on his own because the Marlies need it.
As I have said before frattin is David jones for us. However a david jones needs his paul stastny aka the playmaker and skilled center to play with to succeed. Although he has that sexy snipe to do it on his own but to the level a team knows. he can bring much more with a capable center. I hope our young players step up in this time and make a stand and to give eakins more to think about.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:47 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
He`s missing out on Kadri`s nice passes. Of course Kadri needs guys that can deliver his passes too.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
He`s missing out on Kadri`s nice passes. Of course Kadri needs guys that can deliver his passes too.
Philip Joseph Kessel, Jr.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
No kidding. Both Kadri and Frattin have played their best hockey when the other is healthy. We can say that for both now Looks like they have some chemistry indeed.

Closed Thread