HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'/13' Marlies Part I|24-14-2-2|Colborne and Ashton stepping up?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2012, 05:27 PM
  #401
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
For sure, no need to rush him. It's just the longer he is out the more worried I get about his future
I just hope it's not a career threatening concussion.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 05:30 PM
  #402
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Today's game is on Rogers TV rather than Leafs TV again? Unbelievable. Why do I pay for Leafs ****ing TV??

MLSE can go **** themselves.
Yea, I think I'm going to cancel it till the season starts (if it does)

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
12-22-2012, 05:44 PM
  #403
Pilky01
I hate Dion Phanuef
 
Pilky01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,881
vCash: 500
Watched the third period in standing section with Kevin Cheveldayoff and Claude Noel to my right, and Rick Dudley and some other guy to my left.

Hobnobbing with the movers and shakers.

Pilky01 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 07:46 PM
  #404
Ari91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,571
vCash: 500
So maybe I'm late to the party, but did anyone else know that Anaheim and Tampa switched traded AHL affiliates with one another? I know it's not Marlies related but finding that tidbit out today really did clear up a few question marks I had about where both Syracuse and Norfolk were in the standings.

Ari91 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 07:56 PM
  #405
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanW27 View Post
I found it very odd that he was extended given the emergence of Gardiner. I thought he would have been trade bait at the deadline and now with Rielly expected to enter the fold next season Liles doesn't seem like he has a place on the team.
It could be a long con. Assuming he stays consistent, his value could be a lot higher a couple years down the road.

Jerkini is online now  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:30 PM
  #406
ToMaLe
Registered User
 
ToMaLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 500
Marlies in first place and Hamilton in last place....Love it!

ToMaLe is online now  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:40 PM
  #407
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
just happy that he mabye slightly possibly could have played. we havent played to badly without him so lets just wait for him to be 100 %.

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:51 PM
  #408
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 34,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
For sure, no need to rush him. It's just the longer he is out the more worried I get about his future
He might just be completely fine anyway and they don't want to waste him on the dog days of an AHL schedule.

Stephen is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 10:39 PM
  #409
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist
 
The Mentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,855
vCash: 500
Jamie Devane may not be a Marlie until the NHL strike is over, but just saw his 2 fights from the ECHL, and this kid is a monster. Undefeated and TKO'd 2 older pros. One can only hope he develops into a solid 4th liner, stuck on 1 goal still but the dukes are better than I have ever seen out of him.

The Mentalist is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:44 PM
  #410
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Kyle Cicerella ‏@KyleTheReporter
Eakins says Gardiner for sure will not play on Dec. 26th. "Hasn't met protocol". Kadri and Zigomanis game-day decision. #Marlies
It's good to see Kadri at least playing. Hopefully he can still keep up his point streak when he returns.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 11:53 PM
  #411
skacore
Registered User
 
skacore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Jamie Devane may not be a Marlie until the NHL strike is over, but just saw his 2 fights from the ECHL, and this kid is a monster. Undefeated and TKO'd 2 older pros. One can only hope he develops into a solid 4th liner, stuck on 1 goal still but the dukes are better than I have ever seen out of him.
No kidding, Devane has 4 straight TKO's this year...unreal. Haven't seen a streak like that since Boogaard's NHL debut.

I'd love to see Devane in a Leafs sweater dressing against the Bruins. Devane vs. Lucic at center ice... wow.

skacore is online now  
Old
12-23-2012, 07:36 AM
  #412
K19*
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 500
Any word on Gardiner? How is he progressing? How severe was the concussion?

K19* is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 09:03 AM
  #413
dubey
Registered Genius
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the 6ix w/ my woes
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by K19 View Post
Any word on Gardiner? How is he progressing? How severe was the concussion?
Who said he had a concussion?

inb4 HF doctors

dubey is online now  
Old
12-23-2012, 10:55 AM
  #414
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Kyle Cicerella ‏@KyleTheReporter
Eakins says Gardiner for sure will not play on Dec. 26th. "Hasn't met protocol". Kadri and Zigomanis game-day decision. #Marlies
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Who said he had a concussion?

inb4 HF doctors
I think when you use the term protocol ...

Speculation but that doesn't sound like the flu.

__________________
http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...e_corsi_issues

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 11:34 AM
  #415
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,475
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMaLe View Post
Marlies in first place and Hamilton in last place....Love it!
I watched some of the Bulldogs game last night, and boy are they a mess. I know their a young team but they suck. They have a bunch of veteran plugs that aren't helping matters at all. I noticed Gallagher quite a bit, very feisty player, Bealieu is obviously the most talented player on the ice, Leblanc was just ok although from the Habs board he's coming off an injury. I don't know they don't look as good as advertised. Everyone raves about Tinordi and all these guys but they haven't done squat.

Stats01 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 11:46 AM
  #416
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
I watched some of the Bulldogs game last night, and boy are they a mess. I know their a young team but they suck. They have a bunch of veteran plugs that aren't helping matters at all. I noticed Gallagher quite a bit, very feisty player, Bealieu is obviously the most talented player on the ice, Leblanc was just ok although from the Habs board he's coming off an injury. I don't know they don't look as good as advertised. Everyone raves about Tinordi and all these guys but they haven't done squat.
Their vets aren't helping the kids out at all.

Marlies 25 and older players are averaging .487 PPG.
Bulldogs 25 and older players are averaging .176 PPG.

The leading scorer on the Dogs is 20 year old Brendan Gallagher with 17 points and a .630 PPG.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 12:19 PM
  #417
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Their vets aren't helping the kids out at all.

Marlies 25 and older players are averaging .487 PPG.
Bulldogs 25 and older players are averaging .176 PPG.

The leading scorer on the Dogs is 20 year old Brendan Gallagher with 17 points and a .630 PPG.
Winning team also gives a better environment for the kids, so I don't mind it at all.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 12:28 PM
  #418
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Winning team also gives a better environment for the kids, so I don't mind it at all.
No doubt it is easier when you have some good veteran leadership.

Not many teams are constructed like the Barons where the leadership is from a 22 year old who was close to a PPG in the NHL.

The balance between development and putting a winning product on the ice is a balancing act, and some teams lean more in one direction than the other.

Marlies have a decent balance.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 12:46 PM
  #419
NaiveLeafsFan
Registered User
 
NaiveLeafsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ajax, UofT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
No doubt it is easier when you have some good veteran leadership.

Not many teams are constructed like the Barons where the leadership is from a 22 year old who was close to a PPG in the NHL.

The balance between development and putting a winning product on the ice is a balancing act, and some teams lean more in one direction than the other.

Marlies have a decent balance.
Getting points in the NHL doesn't make you a leader, winning games does. Edmonton and us Leaf fans know more than anyone that having a PPG player doesn't mean squat if you don't win more games than you lose.

NaiveLeafsFan is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:43 PM
  #420
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
Getting points in the NHL doesn't make you a leader, winning games does. Edmonton and us Leaf fans know more than anyone that having a PPG player doesn't mean squat if you don't win more games than you lose.
How did Eberle do at the WJC?

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=411940

Maybe we don't hold a 21 year old for lifting his NHL team to a playoffs spot? Do we hold a 24 year old responsible?

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:58 PM
  #421
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,117
vCash: 500


Hahah awesome vid on the checker forwards Zach Dalpe and Zach Boychuk

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 05:40 PM
  #422
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist
 
The Mentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
No kidding, Devane has 4 straight TKO's this year...unreal. Haven't seen a streak like that since Boogaard's NHL debut.

I'd love to see Devane in a Leafs sweater dressing against the Bruins. Devane vs. Lucic at center ice... wow.
Jamie has the hands to be an NHL'er, he's just got to work on his skating and round off his game. Vellucci the Plymouth coach deserves credit for getting him to the point he can kill penalties and block shots.

I had hoped Jamie develop a little quicker, but big men usually take longer. Jamie has a great work ethic and this will make him a NHL'er one day. He could be a very valuable Leaf one day. A 4th line enforcer that can play a shift and kill penalties.

The Mentalist is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 08:33 PM
  #423
Guy Boucher
Registered User
 
Guy Boucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Jamie has the hands to be an NHL'er, he's just got to work on his skating and round off his game. Vellucci the Plymouth coach deserves credit for getting him to the point he can kill penalties and block shots.

I had hoped Jamie develop a little quicker, but big men usually take longer. Jamie has a great work ethic and this will make him a NHL'er one day. He could be a very valuable Leaf one day. A 4th line enforcer that can play a shift and kill penalties.
I like Devane a lot. He has much more speed and quickness than Broll. If he can become our Shawn Thornton that would be very valuable to the Leafs.

Guy Boucher is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 06:00 PM
  #424
Espher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fredericton, N.B.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,496
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
How did Eberle do at the WJC?

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=411940

Maybe we don't hold a 21 year old for lifting his NHL team to a playoffs spot? Do we hold a 24 year old responsible?
Eberle's a beast, no doubt.

I've had to double-check lately to make sure I wasn't reading Mess' posts.

Espher is offline  
Old
12-24-2012, 06:09 PM
  #425
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espher View Post
Eberle's a beast, no doubt.

I've had to double-check lately to make sure I wasn't reading Mess' posts.
Seeing how far this franchise has fallen over the past 8 years is pathetic.

Can't blame people who've had to endure multiple inept managements for getting a little annoyed.

ULF_55 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.