HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'/13' Marlies Part I|24-14-2-2|Colborne and Ashton stepping up?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2013, 07:08 PM
  #626
Auzzie19
Registered User
 
Auzzie19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gormley
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Isn't Kadri's contract up at the end of this year? Would he want out? "Kyle Turris" story? He would have a point that the management desires to play average or worse players over him. He doesn't get reasonable opportunities to play in the NHL.

Auzzie19 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:13 PM
  #627
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
Isn't Kadri's contract up at the end of this year? Would he want out? "Kyle Turris" story? He would have a point that the management desires to play average or worse players over him. He doesn't get reasonable opportunities to play in the NHL.
Well Wilson isn't here anymore and he seemed to be the one leading the Kadri bashing.

He should get a better chance under Carlyle, if we get a season this year.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:25 PM
  #628
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Sombody's on a hot streak now
He skates terribly.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:31 PM
  #629
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,720
vCash: 500
hot streak or not, this guy has to be one of the softest guys I have ever seen. 6'6 ad still gets shrugged off by players half his size. Hopefully he learns to use his body like Sundin did, shielding the puck, driving the net etc.

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:36 PM
  #630
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
Isn't Kadri's contract up at the end of this year? Would he want out? "Kyle Turris" story? He would have a point that the management desires to play average or worse players over him. He doesn't get reasonable opportunities to play in the NHL.
It was told to Kadri that needs to outperform a top 6 player in the NHL to stick. He isn't going to get bottom 6 time indefinitely in the NHL, because other than skill, there are many more AHL players in our system more effective than him as a bottom 6 player.

He risks his career if requests a trade.

12345* is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:37 PM
  #631
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
He skates terribly.
It must be nice being negative always. Kid is finally showing flashes of his old self I am starting to think maybe you are Ron Wilson.

Mystifo is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:39 PM
  #632
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
It must be nice being negative always. Kid is finally showing flashes of his old self I am starting to think maybe you are Ron Wilson.
He's a bad player.

It's not negative. It's just how it is.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:40 PM
  #633
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
It was told to Kadri that needs to outperform a top 6 player in the NHL to stick. He isn't going to get bottom 6 time indefinitely in the NHL, because other than skill, there are many more AHL players in our system more effective than him as a bottom 6 player.

He risks his career if requests a trade.
Where did you hear this?

Drew311 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:47 PM
  #634
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Basically no chance.

The Leafs forward group is currently as follows:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Kulemin - McClement - Frattin
Komorov - Steckel - Brown

If a significant trade happens which depletes the Leafs forward depth, then maybe Hamilton gets a shot out of training camp. But no way he gets the nod over Kadri, who is another possibility to make the team. There's also Ashton and Colborne who have more NHL experience, but it's debatable if they're currently upgrades over Hamilton.
The more i look at the lineup the more i see:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabo-MacArthur
JVR-Kadri-Frattin
.
.
.
Komarov-Mcclemment-Brown (against tough teams) Connolly/Lombardi (against soft teams)

dannyboy8920 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:49 PM
  #635
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Yeah, he should be our second line centre.
He'd be lucky to make the Leafs at all...let alone a center position!

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:53 PM
  #636
iPunch
Leafs Fan
 
iPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,270
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
It was told to Kadri that needs to outperform a top 6 player in the NHL to stick. He isn't going to get bottom 6 time indefinitely in the NHL, because other than skill, there are many more AHL players in our system more effective than him as a bottom 6 player.

He risks his career if requests a trade.
Didnt Carlyle say last year that he wanted a top 9 and bottom 3?

iPunch is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
  #637
Everlong
Franchise Pillar
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Didnt Carlyle say last year that he wanted a top 9 and bottom 3?
That was Burke. What he said "roughly", was; The game as evolved. We see more teams that are built around a top 9/bottom 3 platform.

Everlong is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
  #638
Guy Boucher
Registered User
 
Guy Boucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
He skates terribly.
Colborne? Skating is the least of his problems.

Guy Boucher is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:58 PM
  #639
iPunch
Leafs Fan
 
iPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,270
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
That was Burke. What he said "roughly", was; The game as evolved. We see more teams that are built around a top 9/bottom 3 platform.
Ah. Yes you're right.

iPunch is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM
  #640
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
Colborne? Skating is the least of his problems.
It's one of his problems.

The others are being physical, aware, defensive, and tough on the man.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM
  #641
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
The more i look at the lineup the more i see:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabo-MacArthur
JVR-Kadri-Frattin
.
.
.
Komarov-Mcclemment-Brown (against tough teams) Connolly/Lombardi (against soft teams)
I wouldn't mind a top nine like that, but I remember Burke and Carlyle saying that McClement will be used as their 3rd line shutdown centre. Carlyle basically convinced Burke to sign him because he mentioned how well he was able to shutdown Anaheim's top line.

When the Leafs signed McClement there were a bunch of Avs fans posting on our board how they hated seeing him go and how good of a defensive player he is. I think, and I hope, that he gets some decent minutes because we really have lacked a true shutdown centre for many years. To me, Kadri just doesn't fit well in the third line role, and putting a Kulemin - McClement - Frattin line out against other teams beat players would go a long way in keeping the puck out of our net.

Drew311 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM
  #642
Guy Boucher
Registered User
 
Guy Boucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
It's one of his problems.

The others are being physical, aware, defensive, and tough on the man.
Won't argue with the rest, as they are true to varying degrees, but he is a proficient skater. Saying otherwise makes it seem that you are throwing....baseless allegations against the wall to see what sticks.

Guy Boucher is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:02 PM
  #643
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
Won't argue with the rest, as they are true to varying degrees, but he is a proficient skater. Saying otherwise makes it seem that you are throwing....baseless allegations against the wall to see what sticks.
I will say it again loud and clear.

He is a bad skater.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:04 PM
  #644
Guy Boucher
Registered User
 
Guy Boucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
I will say it again loud and clear.

He is a bad skater.
You can say it as loud as you'd like but unfortunately (for you) that won't make it true.

Guy Boucher is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:28 PM
  #645
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I wouldn't mind a top nine like that, but I remember Burke and Carlyle saying that McClement will be used as their 3rd line shutdown centre. Carlyle basically convinced Burke to sign him because he mentioned how well he was able to shutdown Anaheim's top line.

When the Leafs signed McClement there were a bunch of Avs fans posting on our board how they hated seeing him go and how good of a defensive player he is. I think, and I hope, that he gets some decent minutes because we really have lacked a true shutdown centre for many years. To me, Kadri just doesn't fit well in the third line role, and putting a Kulemin - McClement - Frattin line out against other teams beat players would go a long way in keeping the puck out of our net.
I hope Carlyle can coach some wins. Wilson rolled the lines.

I wouldn't mind us playing situational hockey. That top 9 can roll out to get the lead and then we can come back with a steady dose of Mcclemment centering Kule and Frattin. With Kadri - JVR - Mac cycling into lines with Grabo.

Seeing this man behind the net is refreshing; that we are actually trying mess with teams game plans (break-ins). We need a gameplan coach, to have the right players on the ice at the right times of the game....Hunter showed that quality in Washington, with a more suited team; he can be a dynamite coach.


Last edited by dannyboy8920: 01-05-2013 at 09:34 PM.
dannyboy8920 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
  #646
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,631
vCash: 500
I was watchin Dallas Eakin's post game interview and apparently Holzer is playing with a broken foot. Ouch. Damn he's tough cause I thought he still played good today.

LeafsMonster is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 10:57 PM
  #647
tokenmetalhead*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
Who is perpetuating this myth that Joe Colborne is a good skater? At BEST, he is average. And that is a teeny bit of stretch in my eyes. I have watched the guy play live during his good and bad streaks (about a half dozen games between two seasons; even more on TV). He is just not a good skater. I think that the Colborne fanboys on here have actually never seen him play, or they watched him once or twice on TV through rose-coloured glasses.

tokenmetalhead* is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:00 PM
  #648
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenmetalhead View Post
Who is perpetuating this myth that Joe Colborne is a good skater? At BEST, he is average. And that is a teeny bit of stretch in my eyes. I have watched the guy play live during his good and bad streaks (about a half dozen games between two seasons; even more on TV). He is just not a good skater. I think that the Colborne fanboys on here have actually never seen him play, or they watched him once or twice on TV through rose-coloured glasses.
Precisely my point of view.

Very poor.

About as good (poor) as Antropov with less willingness to engage the opponent.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:17 PM
  #649
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
Underhill revamped Boyle. I don't see how a younger player with similar body type can't get molded too. At that height he doesn't need to wow people with his speed; he just needs power and technique in his stride.

With Colborne; If he develops into anything NHL caliber, with the way leaf nation (me included) have been writing him off...will be a success in itself

dannyboy8920 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:48 PM
  #650
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP
 
Wolfgang Krauser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
Colborne a poor skater?

Come on now lol.

Wolfgang Krauser is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.