HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

World Jrs.: USA Wins Gold Medal (USA 3 Sweden 1)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2013, 09:30 AM
  #276
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
USA vs Sweden in the Finals.

USA USA USA.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:31 AM
  #277
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,048
vCash: 50
Come at us Swedes

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 10:37 AM
  #278
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,028
vCash: 955
The only shocking thing about this tournament was the poor performance of Russia... taken to overtime on home ice against Slovakia and Switzerland is not what the Russians were looking for.

I guess I was also shocked that Canada didn't lose a game in the round robin.

Pre-tourny, I expected a US/Russia final and a Canada/Sweden bronze medal game. Close!

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:24 AM
  #279
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
The only shocking thing about this tournament was the poor performance of Russia... taken to overtime on home ice against Slovakia and Switzerland is not what the Russians were looking for.

I guess I was also shocked that Canada didn't lose a game in the round robin.

Pre-tourny, I expected a US/Russia final and a Canada/Sweden bronze medal game. Close!
It seems like too many Russians play like individuals and don't buy in to the team concept. I'm looking forward to the bronze medal game and I hope Subban doesn't start.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:28 AM
  #280
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,028
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
It seems like too many Russians play like individuals and don't buy in to the team concept. I'm looking forward to the bronze medal game and I hope Subban doesn't start.
Ignoring the team concept has been a problem for Russia since the mid-90's, but I expected them to overcome that on home ice.

Edit: just checked the last time Russia was the host: 2001. They didn't win a medal in that tournament.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:29 AM
  #281
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Ironic considering how the Soviets used to play so cohesively.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:47 AM
  #282
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
8am on a Saturday? I didn't even know that time existed.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 12:01 PM
  #283
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
8am on a Saturday? I didn't even know that time existed.
It still doesn't exist for me on Saturdays...I need to sleep in till NOON like a slug....but I will be up to watch some legit hockey.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 12:01 PM
  #284
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,080
vCash: 50
did not expect such a shocking result. i always thought the US had a shot with Gibson in goal, never expected to win 5-1

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:00 PM
  #285
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
8am on a Saturday? I didn't even know that time existed.
Try 4:00 am on for size. I'm here to tell you it blows. Worse than Team Canada today.

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:48 PM
  #286
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,199
vCash: 300
Gibson is real. His point blank save on RNH was very clutch.

PhilaFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:11 PM
  #287
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 3,799
vCash: 500
Well when the tournament started I said that it was a safe bet Sweden wouldn't repeat because of their injuries. Hopefully I don't have to eat my words.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:41 PM
  #288
Ebbisen
Registered User
 
Ebbisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lurking the HF board
Country: Sweden
Posts: 105
vCash: 374
On the swedish telly Mikael Renberg (now a commentary) told us that Philadelphia (not sure if it was scouts or Holmgren) had asked what he thought of Robert Hägg, he also said they sounded really intrested in him

Ebbisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:12 PM
  #289
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,048
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Well when the tournament started I said that it was a safe bet Sweden wouldn't repeat because of their injuries. Hopefully I don't have to eat my words.
Their only big win so far has been over Russia. Their group this year really sucked.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
  #290
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Man I wish Bourdon had sat out the beginning of this season. I hope he can make a full recovery and not get concussed in the future.

ilovetheflyers8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 05:43 PM
  #291
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbisen View Post
On the swedish telly Mikael Renberg (now a commentary) told us that Philadelphia (not sure if it was scouts or Holmgren) had asked what he thought of Robert Hägg, he also said they sounded really intrested in him
I wouldn't mind that pick at all.

He's the captain of his team and has strong offensive skills for a dman.

Roo Mad Bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:45 PM
  #292
daynus
Registered User
 
daynus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Good Ole Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
good luck guys

pulling for team usa eh. i knew this game, a trap game was coming for canada. i thought it was team russia that were gonna paste us. watching team canada v usa my thoughts were wow this american team is fast. they were hitting canada in the first. i also thought team usa is playing tricks on us. they are keeping it close, but they are hiding something, they are not showing us their playbook. they are gonna show up thurs morning and reveal what they are holding back. shifty plays by dmen. those dmen are pinching, and we didnt know what the heck hit us. congrats guys, and goodluck in the finals. and i will say congrats to team switzerland. a pleasant surprise in the tourney. the fins and russians were shocked by how good team switzerland is. very well coached team.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:56 PM
  #293
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Damn, what a performance from the US! I had Canada winning over Sweden before the tournament started, but I guess this game kind of threw a fork in that. It was great seeing McCabe score some goals, since I think he has been their best defenseman if we only consider their defensive play.

Oh, and I couldn't help but laugh at Grimaldi:



Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:44 PM
  #294
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus View Post
pulling for team usa eh. i knew this game, a trap game was coming for canada. i thought it was team russia that were gonna paste us. watching team canada v usa my thoughts were wow this american team is fast. they were hitting canada in the first. i also thought team usa is playing tricks on us. they are keeping it close, but they are hiding something, they are not showing us their playbook. they are gonna show up thurs morning and reveal what they are holding back. shifty plays by dmen. those dmen are pinching, and we didnt know what the heck hit us. congrats guys, and goodluck in the finals. and i will say congrats to team switzerland. a pleasant surprise in the tourney. the fins and russians were shocked by how good team switzerland is. very well coached team.
I don't know exactly how a semi-final game could be a trap game.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:08 PM
  #295
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,030
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Well when the tournament started I said that it was a safe bet Sweden wouldn't repeat because of their injuries. Hopefully I don't have to eat my words.
Elias Lindholm is really good.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:24 PM
  #296
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Elias Lindholm is really good.
Having a great tournament. Really solidifying himself as a top 10 maybe even top 5 now.

At the moment this drafts players look really good

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:38 AM
  #297
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,475
vCash: 500
got up this morning to watch the gold medal game and i turned on the NHL network and saw the Canada vs USA game just starting and i got so confused, lol. Took me a couple minutes to remember its tomorrow.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:19 AM
  #298
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,048
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
got up this morning to watch the gold medal game and i turned on the NHL network and saw the Canada vs USA game just starting and i got so confused, lol. Took me a couple minutes to remember its tomorrow.
I too have problems keeping track of the days when it's winter break and school isn't in session

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 11:27 AM
  #299
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,048
vCash: 50
Reinhart gets 4 games for his slash to Trochek's face

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:58 PM
  #300
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Reinhart gets 4 games for his slash to Trochek's face
Does that carry over to next year?

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.