HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

G Jackson Whistle - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2013 undrafted)

Old
11-30-2012, 03:56 PM
TheNudge

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
G Jackson Whistle - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2013 undrafted)

Jackson Whistle a young Kelowna Rockets Keeper. This kid as amazing stats for at such a young age. So far he manage to maintain 1.20 GAA with .955 save % while receiving 177 shot and letting in 8 gaols in 7 games in WHL. So is he that good or is that team that good defensively? If he is that good then why haven't heard of him?

Can anyone let me in where he fits in the ranking?? By what I can put together, He deserve a top 90 pick. Am I wrong ?

Also last year he played in 21 games and had horrible stats but he was only 15 turning 16.

Last edited by TheNudge: 11-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.
TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:25 PM
rmartin65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
Jackson Whistle a young Kelowna Rockets Keeper. This kid as amazing stats for at such a young age. So far he manage to maintain 1.20 GAA with .955 save % while receiving 177 shot and letting in 8 gaols in 7 games in WHL. So is he that good or is that team that good defensively? If he is that good then why haven't heard of him?

Can anyone let me in where he fits in the ranking?? By what I can put together, I deserve a top 90 pick. Am I wrong ?

Also last year he played in 21 games and had horrible stats but he was only 15 turning 16.
Interesting...

rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:13 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 132
He's in that 2nd-3rd tier of WHL goalies for this draft along with guys like Jarry, Lotz...who are all a step (or more) behind Comrie.

Stats are only part of it, but he's definitely a kid to continue to watch at this point.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:28 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Good kid, very focused. Needs to get more games but is certainly making the most of the opportunities he has been given so far this year.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:56 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
I havent seen much of him but what I have seen has left an impression.

I also think some of these young goalies are underrated. Whistle and Jarry being two of them. Honestly I keep asking myself why Jarry shouldnt be starting over Brossoit and I cant honestly find a good answer for that question.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 02:41 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I havent seen much of him but what I have seen has left an impression.

I also think some of these young goalies are underrated. Whistle and Jarry being two of them. Honestly I keep asking myself why Jarry shouldnt be starting over Brossoit and I cant honestly find a good answer for that question.
You have to look at the games that Jarry has done well in(not that I haven't been dissapointed with Brossoit this year, but I also thought he was over hyped last year) Jarry has played 9 total games and 4 of those games came against the 3 worst teams in the whl, he had 2 terrible games against P.A the third best team in the league, and had 2 great games against middle teams and another solid game.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:50 PM
capebretoncanadien

He's got a sweet name. He's a sure bet.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2014, 12:53 PM
SR

Jackson Whistle G - Kelowna Rockets

Can anyone tell me about this kid? Has had pretty decent numbers but went in drafted in his draft year.

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2014, 12:56 PM
RoR21

watched a few Kelowna games recently and he doesn't stand out as a strong goalie in the CHL, he maybe slightly above average for a WHL starter but not really anything there that says he's going to be a strong goaltender or a good use of a draft pick at this point in time.

RoR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoR21 View Post
watched a few Kelowna games recently and he doesn't stand out as a strong goalie in the CHL, he maybe slightly above average for a WHL starter but not really anything there that says he's going to be a strong goaltender or a good use of a draft pick at this point in time.
This. Doesn't strike me as much of a prospect.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Great name tho

Emerica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2014, 03:18 PM
SR

Fair enough. Just looking over the numbers and they're not terrible, just wanted to get the skinny. Thanks guys.

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2014, 08:19 PM
MS

Solid enough WHL goalie but is a bit of a dog's breakfast technically and I don't know if he's really much of a pro prospect.

In terms of WHL goalies who have been previously been passed over, Landon Bow of Swift Current is the guy to watch, and might be the best goalie in the league this year. Will probably be the first WHL goalie drafted in a poor year for the position for the league in which I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't a single first-time eligible guy selected.

MS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2014, 03:10 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
Solid enough WHL goalie but is a bit of a dog's breakfast technically and I don't know if he's really much of a pro prospect.

In terms of WHL goalies who have been previously been passed over, Landon Bow of Swift Current is the guy to watch, and might be the best goalie in the league this year. Will probably be the first WHL goalie drafted in a poor year for the position for the league in which I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't a single first-time eligible guy selected.
I would definitely take McBride over Bow. Papirny too, probably.

Agree on Whistle though, not sure he's worth a look draft-wise. He is on NHL radars though, earning an invite to the Penticton tournament this fall.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2014, 09:24 AM
tony d
The Future

Cool name but I don't think he ever makes it to the NHL.

11-23-2014, 10:13 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Cool name but I don't think he ever makes it to the NHL.
It may have happened in the dub but I'd love to hear "Lazar with a lasar of a shot! Whistle holds on for the whistle."

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

He is a product of the system (not saying he is bad by any means), but he is like every other goalie Kelowna has had. Look at the D-men that the Rockets have put in the NHL and look at the goalies (Kelly Guards numbers are amazing, I would compare him with Whistle). The goalies in Kelowna and tend to have great numbers but they are part of a system.

Belamorte is online now   Reply With Quote