HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 3: Offseason Edition

Old
12-06-2012, 11:17 AM
stevezz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Ahh I see well that's tricky, I see your point. There's 2 adances today though, so u guys should be able to get the trade to go thru as long as you both have cap room.
WELL heres another reason why EA is stupid... They apparently dont allow trades to happen during re-signing periods lol.. ea is honestly full of ****

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
The EA **** up doesnt make those GMs bad GMs.. it's an unrealistic scenario that EA created.

To keep it realistic there needs to be an untouchable list.
I don't understand the problem.... we knew in advance that this was going to happen, so why didn't GM make sure to have a 10% free space on their cap in the event that they would need that space to resign players.

I made sure keep keep enough space under the cap to cover the salary raise + last year bought out a couple of players + did not sign all my RFA or UFA = no problems with the CAP. That's just called managing your team.

Now if the St.Louis trade didn't go through, then that's another matter. But for the rest of us, I don't see the problem.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
It looks like free agency is not going to be a part of our GM connected league. There's just no fair way to do it
What?

I don't understand. Why don't we just follow the game's scheduled advances to July 1. Anyone left unsigned at that point is fair game, unless (and I think this is the only reasonable exception) there is a pending trade which won't occur until July 1 that will free up cap space to sign one specifically designated player, who becomes "untouchable" on the free agent market.

Logically, the trade should be executable right now. There's no reason to punish St. Louis (or anyone else) for EA's mistake.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:18 AM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
You're showing ~$15 million when I cycle through?
Lol your kidding right? bc when i go sign a player it says 5.5M in cap space to try and re-sign the player...this game keeps getting better and better

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
We can't trade now though.

That might be an exceptionally situation worth allowing, since trades should be executable this block (EA messed that up)

That's different than negotiating to resign your players, IMO.
Oh right.. Well, in a case like that I'm sure an exception would need to be made. As long as they made that trade and Fuss accepted it but it just didn't go thru, St Louis should be allowed to protect players up to the extra cap gained in the trade.

EvoLu7ioN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Price 89

its not just your 23 players i checked it includes players in the minors. After july 1st, ill have a bunch of cap space.

its not a bail out its not realistic

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Price 89

Quote:
Oh right.. Well, in a case like that I'm sure an exception would need to be made. As long as they made that trade and Fuss accepted it but it just didn't go thru, St Louis should be allowed to protect players up to the extra cap gained in the trade.
In the NHL if the cap hit is 60 million, than the players in the NHL are in that 60 million, NOT THE PLAYERS IN THE MINORS

Tinordi, Galchenyuk etc dont count against the habs cap hit if there were to be an nhl season

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:21 AM
xX Hot Fuss

GMs need to let me know which players are Untouchable

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
GMs need to let me know which players are Untouchable
What's the criteria to be able to so designate a player?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:22 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
It looks like free agency is not going to be a part of our GM connected league. There's just no fair way to do it
Why can't we just make 'our' FA day July 5th or so in the game schedule, with no one making offers to any player until that date in the game, just to be safe. So that most GM's have had their time in lots of advances to at least attempt to re-sign their players?

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:23 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Why though? Really the only team with a legit issue is St. Louis which is easily remedied.

Detroit is having trouble, but he should have seen that a mile away when he acquired Weber, Fleury, Ryder,and signed a bunch of UFAs last year for inflated contracts to get them.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:25 AM
stevezz

Quote:
Thanks for understanding my situation, it still pisses me off that EA screwed up so many little crucial details that just make the off season not enjoyable. I agree with everyone that says July 1st everyone should be up for grabs, but because EA blew it on too many levels it seems like it wont be possible..

Old
12-06-2012, 11:25 AM
xVx Santillo

I believe my reason is legit...my team is glitched...apparently it shows you guys about 15M in cap space but when i go sign a player it says i only have 5.5M

Either my game is screwed up or im blind

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Gary83*

To lighten the mood, I just have to lol at Fedotenko jumping from 77 to 78 after his astonishing 5G, 3A in 73 GP.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:30 AM
stevezz

Quote:
Why though? Really the only team with a legit issue is St. Louis which is easily remedied.

Detroit is having trouble, but he should have seen that a mile away when he acquired Weber, Fleury, Ryder,and signed a bunch of UFAs last year for inflated contracts to get them.
I see where your coming from Evo, but Price also has a good point; he planned for Free Agency during the season with only his NHL roster counting against the cap then as soon as off season starts all AHL contracts count against the cap.. This makes it very hard for anyone who is close to the cap to accurately plan for the off season. Also the fact that EA does not allow trades to happen during player re-signing phase is completely ridiculous.

Therefore i see where Price is coming from.. he should be able to protect players up to the cap space he will get once we reach july 1st and everything goes back to normal!

Old
12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
Thanks for understanding my situation, it still pisses me off that EA screwed up so many little crucial details that just make the off season not enjoyable. I agree with everyone that says July 1st everyone should be up for grabs, but because EA blew it on too many levels it seems like it wont be possible..
If we just push back the day we make everyone for grabs to even July 5th, this could be easier. just make no one make offers to ANY players until like july 5th or later. That way we're not tackling opposing offers from other teams even on july 1.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:33 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Also Fuss, allowing teams to go over the cap but protect players may expose a loophole when we don't have waivers.

What's stopping a GM from signing up to the max and keeping a few guys on the untpuchable list, burying guys in the minors after July, then signing their untouchable list player?

Boom, you then have a nice player in the minors in case of injury you can call up without waivers, who also can be called up near the end of the season for the playoffs, or who can be traded away later to gain prospects or picks.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:34 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
I see where your coming from Evo, but Price also has a good point; he planned for Free Agency during the season with only his NHL roster counting against the cap then as soon as off season starts all AHL contracts count against the cap.. This makes it very hard for anyone who is close to the cap to accurately plan for the off season. Also the fact that EA does not allow trades to happen during player re-signing phase is completely ridiculous.

Therefore i see where Price is coming from.. he should be able to protect players up to the cap space he will get once we reach july 1st and everything goes back to normal!
I have to disagree. We knew what to expect, since it happened last year. We all knew that the cap would include players from the AHL. If I would've known that we would have this Protected Players List, then I would've just spent to the cap instead. But I didn't because I knew this was going to happen. The only people that would have an excuse, is the GM that weren't there last year.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:35 AM
stevezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
If we just push back the day we make everyone for grabs to even July 5th, this could be easier. just make no one make offers to ANY players until like july 5th or later. That way we're not tackling opposing offers from other teams even on july 1.
I like this idea a lot actually! This definitely helps work against EA's fked up system lol

Perhaps Fuss can set the sim period length to 3 days and sim twice after july 1st in order to give people a chance to sign players and then i guess July 6th (2 3day sim periods later) everyone is up for grabs

Old
12-06-2012, 11:36 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:

How did he not know about these rules though? He was here last offseason, this was a big issue then with a lot of dialogue about how the system works. Clearly not the best in the world at cap management.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:37 AM
stevezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerdom View Post
I have to disagree. We knew what to expect, since it happened last year. We all knew that the cap would include players from the AHL. If I would've known that we would have this Protected Players List, then I would've just spent to the cap instead. But I didn't because I knew this was going to happen. The only people that would have an excuse, is the GM that weren't there last year.
Or perhaps me, who has been waiting for this huberdeau trade to go through since beginning of last season.... it would free 5mil in cap room, and i would be fine

Old
12-06-2012, 11:39 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Or perhaps me, who has been waiting for this huberdeau trade to go through since beginning of last season.... it would free 5mil in cap room, and i would be fine
Yeah I said that earlier that you had a valid reason.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
stevezz

I like Avs GM's idea the most! It makes perfect sense and would allow us not be affected by EA's fked up off season cap system

Old
12-06-2012, 11:41 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
I like this idea a lot actually! This definitely helps work against EA's fked up system lol

Perhaps Fuss can set the sim period length to 3 days and sim twice after july 1st in order to give people a chance to sign players and then i guess July 6th (2 3day sim periods later) everyone is up for grabs
exactly lol seems like a simple way to do it, if only all GMs here can be notified to not send any offers to FA's that are not theirs and consequences will be made like they were last year (teams giving their 1st round pick to that team they mess up through FA offers or whatever the commish decides)

Old
12-06-2012, 11:44 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Without a UFA period it's really gonna be hard for teams with less talent to acquire good players, the only way to get better will be thru the draft or by trade. All the teams with a ton of player wealth (myself included) will just keep extra depth in the minors to avoid the cap hit. The whole point of EAs system is to not allow this, to redistribute wealth.