HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 3: Offseason Edition

Old
12-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

vCash: 500
I like Avs idea as well. We can't take out free agency, because teams like mine need to sign some free agents.

Additionally, I don't really like this untouchable list for a second season, I've had no issues re-signing players last year, nor will I have any this year (hopefully). Some teams just have too many expensive players. GM's could technically just add players who rejected their offers to their untouchable list. Example, if Michalek or Cowen doesn't sign, I could just say EA screwed up and put them on my untouchable list. See where I'm coming from?

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:47 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Without a UFA period it's really gonna be hard for teams with less talent to acquire good players, the only way to get better will be thru the draft or by trade. All the teams with a ton of player wealth (myself included) will just keep extra depth in the minors to avoid the cap hit. The whole point of EAs system is to not allow this, to redistribute wealth.
Yeah this kinda pisses me off because I actually tried hard to have a buffer as to not have any problems concerning contracts, and have a little loose change for a UFA or two... but I did that for nothing.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaliMooseheads View Post
I like Avs idea as well. We can't take out free agency, because teams like mine need to sign some free agents.

Additionally, I don't really like this untouchable list for a second season, I've had no issues re-signing players last year, nor will I have any this year (hopefully). Some teams just have too many expensive players. GM's could technically just add players who rejected their offers to their untouchable list. Example, if Michalek or Cowen doesn't sign, I could just say EA screwed up and put them on my untouchable list. See where I'm coming from?
Agreed. Between this issue and the no-waiver issue, I don't see how the "untouchable" list is viable.

EDIT: and, again, I say that as a team with like 8 players over $5 million annually who is completely screwed cap-wise.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Evolu7ion

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
If we just push back the day we make everyone for grabs to even July 5th, this could be easier. just make no one make offers to ANY players until like july 5th or later. That way we're not tackling opposing offers from other teams even on july 1.
There won't be any decent UFAs then. Teams will just sign and bury any players they can't fit under the cap in the minors and then deal with them later.

Evolu7ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Price 89

fuss thanks for understanding ill send a list after the first advance once i have a better idea

To Wash and Leafs GM: A) It doesn't change the fact its not realistic
B) If you personally take time out of Work/School to calculate your ahl contracts as well, find a hobby. I study, work, play sports ( not just video games), have a social life. Now, I get managing your cap and crap...but like i said In the NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE, players that count against the cap are in the NHL, Im being penalized for ea's **** up? Come on, you know it isnt right and if you''d be in my shoes you'd feel the same way.

C) if i sounded like a *****/ass/whatever adjective you'd like to put in...I'm sorry im evidently pissed.
D) i agree with avs.

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:50 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
There won't be any decent UFAs then. Teams will just sign and bury any players they can't fit under the cap in the minors and then deal with them later.
that is highly unlikely to happen and I doubt the rest of the league would remain quiet about some teams doing that.

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Price 89

Quote:
There won't be any decent UFAs then. Teams will just bury any players they can't fit under the cap in the minors and then deal with them later.
look im not ****ing the system, calculate my nhl roster cap hit and its way less than the projective cap

here go do it

Mursak- Datsyuk - Nyquist
Kostitsyn- Filpulla- Helm
Franzen- Emmerton- Ryder
Eaves- Anderson- tootoo

Jeffrey

on defense

Weber-Quincey
Kronwall-Smith
Kindl-Hillen
Lepisto

Fluery
Marzek

GO CALCULATE AND ITS WAY LESS. thats my line-up im under the cap

Old
12-06-2012, 11:51 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
fuss thanks for understanding ill send a list after the first advance once i have a better idea

B) If you personally take time out of Work/School to calculate your ahl contracts as well, find a hobby. I study, work, play sports ( not just video games), have a social life. Now, I get managing your cap and crap...but like i said In the NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE, players that count against the cap are in the NHL, Im being penalized for ea's **** up? Come on, you know it isnt right and if you''d be in my shoes you'd feel the same way.

C) if i sounded like a *****/ass/whatever adjective you'd like to put in...I'm sorry im evidently pissed.
D) i agree with avs.
wow you think I actually calculated this? Yeah... I just gave myself a 10 million cap buffer zone... not very hard. I just had my put my own cap max instead of using the one in the game. Pretty simple I would say.

I don't think you sound like an ass but I just think GMs should've prepared themselves for the obvious.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

Quote:

D) i agree with avs.
Actually, during the offseason, every player signed to a one-way deal counts against the cap, also two-way counts depending on how long they were in the NHL the past season.

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Price 89

Quote:
Actually, during the offseason, every player signed to a one-way deal counts against the cap, also two-way counts depending on how long they were in the NHL the past season.
yeah usually one way players should be in nhl lol in my eyes

Old
12-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Price 89

calculation of all my players i listed above is a cap hit of about 69 million dollars....6 million under the cap...

Old
12-06-2012, 11:56 AM
chessarmy

I left my team with 30 mil of cap to deal with this issue. You guys need to have an internal cap of 50 or 60 mil if you want to re-sign all your guys. Other than the Blues trade issue I don't see reason to destroy free agency. Create an internal cap and manage salaries carefully...

chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:57 AM
stevezz

Quote:
If this is true, then that must be why the NHL in real life allows you to go over the cap by 10%, and this is a feature that the game doesn't have

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
If this is true, then that must be why the NHL in real life allows you to go over the cap by 10%, and this is a feature that the game doesn't have
This is precisely why the NHL allows that, as far as I can tell.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:59 AM
chessarmy

Quote:

D) i agree with avs.
This is nonsensical, it takes two seconds to figure out that you absolutely can NOT spend to the cap ceiling in this game and we have known this since last offseason

Old
12-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Minor tweaks to Rangers trading block

Potentially available:

- M. Gaborik (32, RW-SNP, 89)
- R. Nash (30, RW-SNP, 87)

- M. Staal (28, LH-DFD, 85)
- M. Sauer (26, LH-DFD, 82)

I'm looking for younger, cheaper, NHL-ready talent (4.0-4.5*, 75+ overall) as well as additional depth assets.

I'm off for a few hours. I'll be back after the next advance. PM me offers / inquiries.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Evolu7ion

Quote:
calculation of all my players i listed above is a cap hit of about 69 million dollars....6 million under the cap...
If that roster is 6M under with 2 bench players included, but right now you're well over the cap if Datsyuk signs, then where's all that extra salary?

Old
12-06-2012, 12:05 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
I left my team with 30 mil of cap to deal with this issue. You guys need to have an internal cap of 50 or 60 mil if you want to re-sign all your guys. Other than the Blues trade issue I don't see reason to destroy free agency. Create an internal cap and manage salaries carefully...
Exactly!!!!

Old
12-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Price 89

Quote:
If that roster is 6M under with 2 bench players included, but right now you're well over the cap if Datsyuk signs, then where's all that extra salary?
calculation of datsyuk is included at 9.5 million....

Old
12-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
i was suppose to have 30 million dollars as well....

Old
12-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Evolu7ion

Quote:
calculation of datsyuk is included at 9.5 million....
I mean there must be a bunch of depth players/prospects you have signed that make up that 6-10M difference.

Old
12-06-2012, 12:11 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Kinda mad that I used up all my trades, cause there is some talent available for this free agency period. And since I sent out all my offers, I'm going to be so bored.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:12 PM
chessarmy

Quote:
i was suppose to have 30 million dollars as well....
So who is eating up that salary? Ghosts?

Old
12-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Price 89

Quote:
mursak 4.5- datsyuk 9.5 - Nyquist 1.5 = 15
Kostitsyn 4.5- Filpulla 5.5 - Helm 2.5(ithink) =13.5
Franzen 4 or 3.5- Emmerton (2.5 now)- Ryder 2.5 =9
Eaves 1.4 - Anderson 1.3- Tootoo 1.9 = 4.6
Jeffrey 2.5 i think if not less

total forward = 44.6 rough calculation

quincey 5.5 now -weber 7.5 = 13
Smith- Kronwall =6
Kindl 1.5 - hillen .785 =2.285

lepisto .900

total defense about 23

Fluery - 5.5
Mrazek- ,795

total goalie 6.25 about

TOTAL ABOUT 72 MILLION DOLLARS

Old
12-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Price 89

Quote:
I mean there must be a bunch of depth players/prospects you have signed that make up that 6-10M difference.
I have a bunch of 2 way rfa's as depth