HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 3: Offseason Edition

Old
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
dunner

vCash: 500
Backstrom in his old age is still a money hungry P***k demanding 8.8 on a 1 year deal hopefully the discount of 8 mil will do. Couture also a greedy B******D 8.6 for 6 years. The once rich Wild may no longer be. Still shopping for a veteran star player though with probably 10-12 mil available. Setoguchi and Reilly's names are being tossed around PM if you have interest.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Gary83*

Oh dang. I hate the NHL13 App. I think Timonen might have retired with Kubina, but I can't check until later.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
See that's where you are getting snagged by the cap system. In Connected mode there technically isn't an AHL team to stock. The only players you should have signed are your roster players, a few bench/depth players in case of injury, and prospects. Your players get sent to the "minors" when you move them there in the GM roster screen, but there's no specific team.

So if a team wants to carry a few more depth players/signed prospects, they're going to have less roster cap to use during the season unless we make changes to the UFA date or add exception lists.

The system is actually quite smart. You have that extra space of roughly 6-8M between the reg season cap and offseason cap to maintain/grow prospects without having a hard time signing players next season.

Alright well my players who are from 60-70 overall and have a lot of potential prospects won't get signed cause of ea!?

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:42 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
Alright well my players who are from 60-70 overall and have a lot of potential prospects won't get signed cause of ea!?
You have like 6-8M for guys exactly like that, which should be at least 5 or 6. If you don't spend up to the cap max there's extra space too. If you're looking to contend and spend to the max then you have to be choosy about your RFAs/prospects.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:10 PM
matt1396

Vokoun will hit the market this year, he is asking for to much money from me and for to long. $6.6M a year for 5 years who the hell does he think he is... Letang only wants $7.4M (thank God) and other than that im done resigning my players for now.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Gary83*

Since I'm not too sure if Timonen retired or not I might be in the market for a top 4 twd/ofd, not against moving anyone, could include one of my young c's (Wilson, Schenn, Anisimov) if the right player is coming back, also have some decent prospects that could be included.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:14 PM
matt1396

I think this Kikuts kid is based of off Phil Kessel (oh the irony) he is a sniper, they are both similarily sized, they both have good shots, they are both number 81 and the most obvious one, they are both RW's. Coincidence I think not.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
I think this Kikuts kid is based of off Phil Kessel (oh the irony) he is a sniper, they are both similarily sized, they both have good shots, they are both number 81 and the most obvious one, they are both RW's. Coincidence I think not.
So many jokes, don't know where to start.

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:22 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
When you guys are signing your players.. are you playing it safe and giving them what they're asking, or do you attempt to go for the hometown discount?

SUBdrewgANS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
When you guys are signing your players.. are you playing it safe and giving them what they're asking, or do you attempt to go for the hometown discount?
Well, I tried to knock 1M off Giroux's asking price. Guys like Matt Read don't even want 1M so I just gave him what he asked for.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

For those who didn't know.... Miller went from 92-90 and asked for 8.3 mil for 6 years. Got him for 7.2 or 7.3 thanks millsie lol

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
Always go lower the first days, then on the last day give them what they want.

I've noticed that if they reject a decently lower offer, they might lower their asking price depending on how much you offered them the first time.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:37 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
Just slowly turning and twisting the knife, huh?

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerdom View Post
yeah wat a dick lol

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
advaaaaaance this bad boy Fuss!

For the record, I'm a big fan of the 'no one sign players off other teams until July 6th idea'. That should give us all plenty of time to sign/buy out players as needed.

For the record, I am having no trouble signing who I need to this offseason and it feels good.

Toodloo Scotty G

EDIT: I did not realize negotiating a new contract with an RFA did not count as 'qualifying' them, hopefully Eller accepts the new contract I offered him or I'm going to risk losing him, and in turn, losing my lid.

That Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerdom View Post
I will keep hipchecking him until I injure one of his guys!

I only ask that you trade me a d-man in return

Old
12-06-2012, 02:48 PM
xX Hot Fuss

NOT calling Detroit out here, just using them as an example.

Alright after doing some number crunching with Detroit on their Contract screen, i've calculated that they have spent....

-$5.92 million on prospects that are 3.0 stars or less in potential
-7 tendered offers to RFAs that are 3.0 stars or less in potential
-5 NHL players that are UFAs that are 77 or below
-This is only with Skaters, havn't even looked at goaltending

Again, Price, not trying to call you out here but this is a perfect example of a GM Not Managing Their Cap. You have a lot of great players making a lot of money. Which is fine, its still very possible to do that, but there are sacrifices that need to be made in doing so.

This should be common knowledge in the 2nd offseason. The "In the System" effect on our Salary Cap come June 26th is nothing new to atleast 25 GMs in this league. I can't make exceptions for people who are improperly managing their cap. Yes, EA messed up and yes, technically all 30 teams are under the cap. HOWEVER, this is nothing new. If you're going to spend to the cap you have to make sacrifices somewhere in your roster. In Detroit's case, they can free up ATLEAST an extra $3 million in space to sign Datsyuk to whatever he wants by buying out all of these prospects and tendered RFAs. Free Agency must be a part of GM Connected. Without it an entire means of team building is removed. I can't allow that because teams can't manage their cap.

So my official stance on this is that all GMs had significant knowledge, warnings, and time to manage their cap properly to account for the "In the System Effect". A failure to do this, even though its at the fault of EA, is not excusable and no leniancy will be given. Any players that hit Free Agency on July 1st (Date Pending) will be fair game to any and all GMs.

*The only exception to this is St. Louis. This Huberdeau trade is driving me up a ****ing wall.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:49 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I will keep hipchecking him until I injure one of his guys!

I only ask that you trade me a d-man in return
I didn't resign Gysberg, so you can have him, ha!

Old
12-06-2012, 02:50 PM
xX Hot Fuss

If you're having cap trouble right now, buy out as many of those unneeded prospects that are making Less than $1mil and eating up cap space.

Have any GMs NOT sent in offers yet? I can advance right now if you'd like

Old
12-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

Ahh good news then, I've got 20M to spend.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:54 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
If you're having cap trouble right now, buy out as many of those unneeded prospects that are making Less than $1mil and eating up cap space.

Have any GMs NOT sent in offers yet? I can advance right now if you'd like
I sent offers to the most important players, and depending on their answers, I will follow up with offers to less important players.

I guess the fact that we may have or not free agency will impact my offers.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:55 PM
xX Hot Fuss

We will have free agency. That is a 100% guarantee. It just might not happen on July 1st.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:56 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

So I'm showing 7.985M in cap space but apparently don't have enough money to give Eller a 1.35M qualifying offer?

The fuuuck...

Advance Fuss, need to see if Eller accepted my genuine contract offer since I can't qualify him for some reason...

Old
12-06-2012, 02:59 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
So I'm showing 7.985M in cap space but apparently don't have enough money to give Eller a 1.35M qualifying offer?

The fuuuck...

Advance Fuss, need to see if Eller accepted my genuine contract offer since I can't qualify him for some reason...
You may have too many contracts... you have a max of 50. I trade two players for a draft pick to aleviate the numbers of contracts that I had.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:00 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

no it's definitely not that, I've only got 37 contracts and the message says 'you do not have sufficient cap room' even though I have 6M more than needed...