HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 3: Offseason Edition

Old
12-10-2012, 08:22 PM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

vCash: 500
trade block updated http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=430

Looking for a legit stud defenceman, don't know how I'm going to do that since all top defenders are franchise players but if you have something in mind, let me know.

I have plenty of C (Cammalleri, Backlund, Hudler, Brule) and LW (Gerbe, Clowe, Tanguay, Filatov) that I would also be willing to move for a top-6 RW.

PasswordIsTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:23 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
Nah they made the playoffs people showed up. THE LEAFS SUCK, and it's still impossible to get a ticket. That's love for te game.
My dad has season tickets to Habs games, did you know we have a waiting list of two three years here? That's love for the game.
Boston fans,Philly fans,Nyr,det,chi. Get my point, Florida could care less about hockey, and Phoenix is a ****ing dessert. Columbus well, no offense Columbus fans, but they suck and won't have fans well ever.
Talk about a statement not grounded in reality.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
Nah they made the playoffs people showed up. THE LEAFS SUCK, and it's still impossible to get a ticket. That's love for te game.
My dad has season tickets to Habs games, did you know we have a waiting list of two three years here? That's love for the game.
Boston fans,Philly fans,Nyr,det,chi. Get my point, Florida could care less about hockey, and Phoenix is a ****ing dessert. Columbus well, no offense Columbus fans, but they suck and won't have fans well ever.
I see comparing a franchise that is over 50 years old (Leafs) to a decade old franchise in Columbus is a good tactic for you man.

I remember Washington and Pittsburgh having less than half capacity buildings until drafting Crosby and Ovie. Like I said, Winning helps everything.

How is it Bettman's fault that Columbus' prospects in Brule, Filatov, Zherdev, etc didn't pan out and help Columbus become a powerhouse?

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:31 PM
x Tame Impala

No more talking about Nash or expansion franchises in this thread please. Take your nonsense elsewhere so I don't have to make a new thread every day

x Tame Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
No more talking about Nash or expansion franchises in this thread please. Take your nonsense elsewhere so I don't have to make a new thread every day
Wait, what?

Isn't this the proper thread to talk about trading or not trading particular players?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:36 PM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Wait, what?

Isn't this the proper thread to talk about trading or not trading particular players?
I think more about whether Nash is overrated or not in real life.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Gary83*

Let's talk about some trades for Anisimov and Stalberg!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Let's talk about some trades for Anisimov and Stalberg!
Nash?

Old
12-10-2012, 08:46 PM
dunner

Not the happiest about how all this discussion panned out. I was really looking to land a player to improve my roster with this season to make a serious run but now it seems as though I won't be able to land anyone that actually improves my team, i'm only permitted to do a lateral move that changes players.

The view from my standpoint is that I have a ridiculous prospect pool and they are not all going to fit on my roster soon enough but i'm definitely not going to under sell them just because they have no roster spot. I took over one of the worst roster's early in the league and have made the team into a very strong roster which is a deal or 2 away from being an elite roster but I feel now that deal is never going to happen.

I think collectively we have to come up with "The best solution" and set rules on moving big names. Making it difficult to move but not impossible, but also making it clearer what it is going to take to get one of these names and not simply just leaving it down to single decision.

Also I believe we absolutely should not restart and that shouldn't even be brought up again, I have spent way to much time analyzing deals and proposing deals and making deals to just throw everything away. That decision would infuriate me specially watching my prospects grow for 2 years to rip them away before they hit there prime. Anyway that's my .02 cents.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:11 PM
x Tame Impala

What type of player were you trying to get skill wise and what were you trying to give up?

Old
12-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Nash?
Tempting! I have talented forwards so maybe Nash could finally eclipse
The whopping 80 point plateau!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:16 PM
dunner

Quote:
What type of player were you trying to get skill wise and what were you trying to give up?
You know I can't give up those details to a Western Conference opponent haha. Let's just say skill wise the type of guy i'm looking for probably falls on that list. Giving up wise all you have to do is look at my prospects and you could ballpark what I can/can't package.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:23 PM
x Tame Impala

Well realistically anyone on my list would not be traded for without an overpayment...especially if its a futures package.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Evolu7ion
#firelindenning

Just like in real life. If you want to go out and acquire a big time elite player then go ahead and get it done! But better get dat pocket book ready!

Evolu7ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:36 PM
dunner

Quote:
Well realistically anyone on my list would not be traded for without an overpayment...especially if its a futures package.
This is true and i'm a fan of realism myself but there is a point when it comes down to it being your decision whether to accept a trade or not and without a real basis to follow it is a very subjective decision.

Ultimately we have a group of 30 guys who want to do the best for there own franchise and know one willingly wants to lose a trade and some trades you may feel are not an over-payment but the GM himself doing the deal feels like he made a great trade and this is all a part of being a good GM. A great example of this being EDM Eberle deal, on paper this deal is terrible and would absolutely never in real life be done but in Nhl 13 EDM felt that they are a better team with Vermette and Korpikoski and that's his GM decision to make that's why we are all GM's to make our own franchise decisions.

I don't like seeing stars shopped around like crazy either but if both sides agree to the terms and someone is a clear loser then that's just them being a bad GM and shouldn't be punished unless of course they leave the league after a deal which I would vote for a revert in a deal. I don't know how else to put it other than i'm feeling very restricted on the skill level I can now shop for.

Last edited by dunner: 12-10-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 09:47 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
This is true and i'm a fan of realism myself but there is a point when it comes down to it being your decision whether to accept a trade or not and without a real basis to follow it is a very subjective decision.

Ultimately we have a group of 30 guys who want to do the best for there own franchise and know one willingly wants to lose a trade and some trades you may feel are not an over-payment but the GM himself doing the deal feels like he made a great trade and this is all a part of being a good GM. A great example of this being EDM Eberle deal, on paper this deal is terrible and would absolutely never in real life be done but in Nhl 13 EDM felt that they are a better team with Vermette and Korpikoski and that's his GM decision to make that's why we are all GM's to make our own franchise decisions.

I don't like seeing stars shopped around like crazy either but if both sides agree to the terms and someone is a clear loser then that's just them being a bad GM and shouldn't be punished unless of course they leave the league after a deal which I would vote for a revert in a deal. I don't know how else to put it other than i'm feeling very restricted on the skill level I can now shop for.
worry about a possible veto later, try and get the best deal you can between you and the other GM first

Old
12-10-2012, 09:48 PM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
worry about a possible veto later, try and get the best deal you can between you and the other GM first
I've tried that strategy.

Had a deal in place, got approved by the commissioner, then got vetoed once it got posted in the thread.

PasswordIsTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:51 PM
dunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Why put in the time though seriously? Almost all my deals I have made took like a 2-3 day process of Pm's with the other GM, if I thought we finally agreed on something then got it veto'd i'd be livid.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:51 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbokan View Post
I've tried that strategy.

Had a deal in place, got approved by the commissioner, then got vetoed once it got posted in the thread.
well your deal was debatable because of who you were trading with. Edmonton despite his skill has already shipped out most of its identity. It may have gone through if Edm still had RNH and Eberle, but since they were gone you can blame him for that.

and it better to at least have tried than to steer away from potential deal. I'm just saying it shouldn't stop him from inquiring and negotiating.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Just out of curiosity, is the veto solely the decision of the commissioner? Obviously, unlike most leagues, trades in this league are openly discussed before they are executed in game.

I followed Bluth over the past few months, but trades weren't really getting vetoed then, so I can't tell whether this has ever been determined.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:17 PM
x Tame Impala

There is no veto system. There are clear cut rules regarding trades and franchise players. As long as you follow them you should be fine.

I've denied trades based on value before but it's a rarity

Old
12-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
There is no veto system. There are clear cut rules regarding trades and franchise players. As long as you follow them you should be fine.

I've denied trades based on value before but it's a rarity
I thought the franchise rule is that a player can't be dealt unless there is a significant overpayment.

Significant overpayment is subjective--not clear-cut, right?

EDIT:
Quote:

There have been 27 Superstar caliber players moved in just two seasons in the Bluth Company. This is both highly unrealistic and removes the identity of many NHL teams. The Franchise Player Rule states that any trade involving a Franchise Player will only be approved by the Commissioner if I deem the value to be a significant enough of an overpayment to justify the trade.
Anyway, that language is clear. I just wanted to verify that it was simply the commissioner's call.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:00 PM
matt1396

Looking for a top 6 LW. Willing to move Tatar and other assets to make it work.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:33 PM
chessarmy

Quote:

chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:43 PM
matt1396

and by top 6 winger I would prefer to have one in the 84-86 range. I'm open to getting offers with C's as well, and no one over the age of 32.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote