HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 3: Offseason Edition

Old
12-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
Fuss

I gotta be honest and remember this is just like, my opinion man..

I think some of the new rules you put in place are great.
- 2 Trades per season (no deadline specific deal)
- Taking away the injury trade
- Implementing the backup goaltender rule
- All the offseason rules/structure
- and more

These rules really make for a more competitive strategic league
However, I think putting even more limitations on trading by adding these franchise player rules are a little much.. I think the league was operating fine without it, aside form a few trades.. I think everyones been essentially fair. If a trade happens that is outrageous then yeah they could be denied..

I personally think the franchise players creates MORE of a problem then solves one. I mean look at the
****storm thats being caused from it now.. there wasn't this much backlash over trades before. I
dunno man, I love this league, and I feel like this rule is going to tear it apart. I feel like some people will leave the league because of it.
Agreed. I know that I'd contemplate leaving if I was the Flames or Wild GM, I didn't like this franchise rule the moment it was introduced and I don't like it now. We're in season 3, teams change and it should be up to the GM to make big decisions personell wise, no matter who is involved. I'm sick of reading about "omg but the new GM won't like the new team". Honestly, screw em, then don't join a league that's 3 seasons old.

Besides, has there been a problem with GMs leaving this place since it started? Simple answer - no. Most of you are the same guys from season 1. I would love to see a realistic roster landscape like the real NHL, but this is, in fact, a video game and most people love to wheel and deal. I'd hate to see Crosby and Ovechkin move, maybe limiting trades on 1 player per team would be sufficient, but closing the door on a perfectly fine flames/wild deal, to me, is the absolute wrong direction for us to go.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Jack de la Hoya

By the way, in case anyone is curious, only about 1/3 of the league's teams currently have only "original" franchise assets--and several of them gave up franchise assets to other teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Yakupov, Hall
Sedins, Kesler, Edler
Chara, Lucic, Seguin, Hamilton
Markstrom
Subban, Price, Patches
Kovalchuk, Zajac
Richards, Nash, McDonaugh, Callahan, Lundqvist
Spezza, Karlsson, Cowen
Giroux
Stamkos
Ladd, Bogosian
By my count, only VAN, BOS, MTL, NYR, PHI, and OTT haven't given up franchise assets to other teams.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:56 PM
stevezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
Agreed. I know that I'd contemplate leaving if I was the Flames or Wild GM, I didn't like this franchise rule the moment it was introduced and I don't like it now. We're in season 3, teams change and it should be up to the GM to make big decisions personell wise, no matter who is involved. I'm sick of reading about "omg but the new GM won't like the new team". Honestly, screw em, then don't join a league that's 3 seasons old.

Besides, has there been a problem with GMs leaving this place since it started? Simple answer - no. Most of you are the same guys from season 1. I would love to see a realistic roster landscape like the real NHL, but this is, in fact, a video game and most people love to wheel and deal. I'd hate to see Crosby and Ovechkin move, maybe limiting trades on 1 player per team would be sufficient, but closing the door on a perfectly fine flames/wild deal, to me, is the absolute wrong direction for us to go.
I agree aswell, not many guys have left the league since I got in with about 15 games to go back in season 1. This franchise player thing has really sucked the fun out of making trades it seems! I do however believe that some players should never be traded. The franchise player rule should be maximum 2 players per team, for example for Chicago(where there are more superstars then any other team) id say the 2 players that they would NEVER trade are toews and Keith. They are undeniably the face of that franchise. It has happened many times where Kane has been subject to trade rumors in real life, and when I think about Chicago he's not one of the first guys I think of.

I think u should have maximum 2 guys per team, and should really settle down all the complaining and make the league stable and fun.

Also I believe once a player is 35 I would remove the franchise tag on that player.

What do u guys think?

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:00 PM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post

If anyone is contemplating leaving the league because of this, please have the decency to PM the commish to discuss (if you haven't already).

Personally, this league is so good that I would stay regardless of whatever rules are in place, or if we ever voted to restart.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:03 PM
dunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
If anyone is contemplating leaving the league because of this, please have the decency to PM the commish to discuss (if you haven't already).

Personally, this league is so good that I would stay regardless of whatever rules are in place, or if we ever voted to restart.

Not contemplating leaving at all. It's only a game.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:

honestly if we voted for a restart, I probably would not stay. not that I would be missed and my laughable skills at this game.

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
PasswordIsTaco
Kings.

vCash: 200
Quote:

aren't going anywhere, like said, just a game.

Sucks that my fair trades are getting vetoed, but it's not the end of the world

PasswordIsTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

God this is turning into a total pain in the ass. I have finals tomorrow so Bluth is temporarily very low on my priority list. Reading through 4 pages of this nonsense has been frustrating to say the least. All the complaints and "Well i think blah blah blah"...enough already.

This is my league and the premise behind the league has been the same since August ****ing 12th. Limit trades to maintain realism and identity, as well as adding strategy and importance on the moves you make. I'll concede to the fact that this franchise rule limits the moves you guys can make and that this is a video game, not real life.

With that said, for the life of me i dont understand why guys want to blow up their teams. Why pick the Oilers, Sharks, Wild, Penguins, etc... if you're just going to trade everyone away? "Well its my team and i'm the GM i can do what i want". NO! **** that. I made this league because every other GM league just destroys every franchise by trading everyone away for no reason.

If you guys cant deal with the Franchise Player rule then fine, i'll get rid of it. I still think that starting over completely from scratch would be best. Everyone gets a fair hand dealt to them and we all start off with the same rules.

No franchise player rule but you all are going to have to make your trades matter to your team just like in real life. From this point on, any player you trade for cannot be traded away until 3 seasons after you acquire them or until they they are in their UFA rule.

Trade whoever the **** you want to trade. The rule is crystal clear. I'm not taking suggestions on this rule, i'm not lowering the season length. 3 seasons, unless they're a UFA the next season.

deal is approved, even though the value is terrible. Thank you to all of you for taking a gigantic dump over the premise of this league and turning it into the random roster disaster that is 99% of the other GM Connected leagues.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:06 PM
avsfan89

edit: nvm lol

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

I thought thats what the franchise rule always should have been.... not 5 players...... just 1, MAYBE 2
i think there's a difference between a franchise guy and an untouchable guy.

ill just use chicago as an example.... you REALLY think Seabrook is a franchise guy? I personally don't think so... maybe just harder to get in a trade..

Stockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
matt1396

edit: nvm

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive

vCash: 400
After weeks of shopping Montreal would like to announce a trade. Montreal acquires hulking and mobile defenceman Simon Despres and young powerforward right-winger Blake Wheeler from Pittsburgh for Plekanec, Vlasic and a pair of picks (2nd and 3rd).

Montreal would like to thank Tomas for his years of service, Tomas was a second line centre forced to play number 1 duties. He has been replaced by Vinny, Eller and in the future Galchenyuk. Vlasic was appreciated in his brief time here but the opportunity to add a 4star D prospect like Despres was too good to miss.

Montreal now has their own young towers of power on the backend with both Despres and Tinordi.

Montreal's new lineup:

Cole-Lecavalier-Wheeler
Pacioretty-Eller-Gionta
Galchenyuk-White-Purcell
Prust-Steckel-Arnott

Gorges-Subban
Ehrhoff-Despres
Tinordi-Weber
Komisarek

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ArGarBarGar
Doc Messier

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
God this is turning into a total pain in the ass. I have finals tomorrow so Bluth is temporarily very low on my priority list. Reading through 4 pages of this nonsense has been frustrating to say the least. All the complaints and "Well i think blah blah blah"...enough already.

This is my league and the premise behind the league has been the same since August ****ing 12th. Limit trades to maintain realism and identity, as well as adding strategy and importance on the moves you make. I'll concede to the fact that this franchise rule limits the moves you guys can make and that this is a video game, not real life.

With that said, for the life of me i dont understand why guys want to blow up their teams. Why pick the Oilers, Sharks, Wild, Penguins, etc... if you're just going to trade everyone away? "Well its my team and i'm the GM i can do what i want". NO! **** that. I made this league because every other GM league just destroys every franchise by trading everyone away for no reason.

If you guys cant deal with the Franchise Player rule then fine, i'll get rid of it. I still think that starting over completely from scratch would be best. Everyone gets a fair hand dealt to them and we all start off with the same rules.

No franchise player rule but you all are going to have to make your trades matter to your team just like in real life. From this point on, any player you trade for cannot be traded away until 3 seasons after you acquire them or until they they are in their UFA rule.

Trade whoever the **** you want to trade. The rule is crystal clear. I'm not taking suggestions on this rule, i'm not lowering the season length. 3 seasons, unless they're a UFA the next season.

deal is approved, even though the value is terrible. Thank you to all of you for taking a gigantic dump over the premise of this league and turning it into the random roster disaster that is 99% of the other GM Connected leagues.
still want to do that and than implement a franchise player rule

and montreal i dont think you can make that deal anymore

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:10 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
After weeks of shopping Montreal would like to announce a trade. Montreal acquires hulking and mobile defenceman Simon Despres and young powerforward right-winger Blake Wheeler from Pittsburgh for Plekanec, Vlasic and a pair of picks (2nd and 3rd).

Montreal would like to thank Tomas for his years of service, Tomas was a second line centre forced to play number 1 duties. He has been replaced by Vinny, Eller and in the future Galchenyuk. Vlasic was appreciated in his brief time here but the opportunity to add a 4star D prospect like Despres was too good to miss.

Montreal now has their own young towers of power on the backend with both Despres and Tinordi.

Montreal's new lineup:

Cole-Lecavalier-Wheeler
Pacioretty-Eller-Gionta
Galchenyuk-White-Purcell
Prust-Steckel-Arnott

Gorges-Subban
Ehrhoff-Despres
Tinordi-Weber
Komisarek
confirmed. Really excited to have Plekanec on board, and can't wait to see what he can do for us on the 2nd line, and Vlasic gives us unreal depth on D, which is something I definitely like, only problem I will have is determining who plays on the bottom pairing. and before anyone says anything about Wheeler moving after I got him, he is in his UFA year, so according to the rule I can move him.

Old
Nick1219

*slowly raises hand*

Yakupov/Bartschi deal?

*hides behind desk*

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
still want to do that and than implement a franchise player rule
Same here. The only move I really liked that the previous Philly GM made was the Marchand offer sheet, probably not one that I would make myself.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:11 PM
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive

vCash: 400
Can I not make this deal because I traded for Vlasic last season? If so that's news to me and I'm alright with undoing it.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Price 89

yo pittsburgh if we ever re-start league can I have pitts, i promise i wont change the way the team looks at all lol

Old
12-11-2012, 03:12 PM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
confirmed. Really excited to have Plekanec on board, and can't wait to see what he can do for us on the 2nd line, and Vlasic gives us unreal depth on D, which is something I definitely like, only problem I will have is determining who plays on the bottom pairing. and before anyone says anything about Wheeler moving after I got him, he is in his UFA year, so according to the rule I can move him.
Does this make your best RW Matt Frattin at a whopping 75?

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:13 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
Can I not make this deal because I traded for Vlasic last season? If so that's news to me and I'm alright with undoing it.
damn I didn't know MV was acquired by MTL last season, it hurts but im fine with undoing it as well.

Old
Price 89

Quote:
Does this make your best RW Matt Frattin at a whopping 75?
he trades for the sake of trading

Old
matt1396

Quote:
yo pittsburgh if we ever re-start league can I have pitts, i promise i wont change the way the team looks at all lol
nah if we restart, im not trading anybody lol…. well not Neal at least

Old
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
I don't know if that rule is starting from now on? Or if that goes for any previous trades. Beats me, but as I'm shopping some guys from a trade last year clarification would be fantastic.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:15 PM
matt1396

Quote:
he trades for the sake of trading
not exactly. Forward positioning is the last thing I care about, I needed a top 6 forward so I went out and got one in Plekanec even though it looks like that trade won't go through now.