HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Any drafted "prospect" that you'd take over RNH? (Read more)

View Poll Results: Is there any drafted player that has played less than 82gms that you'd take over RNH?
Yes 58 38.67%
No 92 61.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-09-2012, 05:52 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Considering injury is the reason why RNH is currently less than 82 games played so far, i'd take that into consideration before annointing him 'king of the prospects.'

More like 'king of the injured rookies.'

Landeskog seems to be more reliable, and more of a factor without the puck. But he played 82 games.

Larsson and Couturier are also players who seem to be more reliable. The former having Norris possibility, the latter having Selke possibility.

Then insert Hamilton and Huberdeau as wildcards.

Certainly RNH might still win this, but it's far from guaranteed. He is sustaining bigtime shoulder injuries far too frequently to be annointed anything at this point.

TOML
If you're gonna anoint Larsson and Couturier as having Norris and Selke possibility, then the Hart and Art Ross are RNH possibilities. RNH was much closer to those trophies than Larsson and Couturier were to the Norris and Selke.

I don't think you get what the poll is about... The poll isn't RNH vs everyone else combined. It's RNH vs everyone else individually. It's not asking if RNH is going to be better than every other drafted prospect. It's asking if there are any drafted prospects that you'd take over RNH.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:25 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

vCash: 500
To answer the poll, yes. I think RNH has the most talent and upside, but I'd rather take a safer prospect like Larsson, Couturier etc. RNH is a skinny dude

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:12 PM
TOML

Nah i don't think so. RNH is too injury-prone.

I'll pick any of the guys i talked about before RNH. Is that in-line with the point of the thread?

TOML
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
If you're gonna anoint Larsson and Couturier as having Norris and Selke possibility, then the Hart and Art Ross are RNH possibilities. RNH was much closer to those trophies than Larsson and Couturier were to the Norris and Selke.

I don't think you get what the poll is about... The poll isn't RNH vs everyone else combined. It's RNH vs everyone else individually. It's not asking if RNH is going to be better than every other drafted prospect. It's asking if there are any drafted prospects that you'd take over RNH.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:54 PM
nowhereman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Actually even if RNH turns into Stamkos, I rather have a goaltender like Lehner or Markstrom over someone like him as both of them have shown tremendous upside.
Quote:
I don't care if RNH turns into the next Stamkos. I care if the goaltender in my net turns into the next Lundqvist/Howard because that can and will make a difference.

Lundqvist is the ONLY goaltender I might consider taking over Stamkos (for a single season only, as Stamkos is almost eight years younger). Even Quick hasn't proven himself an elite player for more than one season.

But Lehner and Markstrom? Over 60 goalscorer Steven Stamkos?

And Jimmy Howard isn't a top 15 goaltender in the NHL. He's not a difference-maker. Lundqvist, Rinne, Quick, and Price are difference-makers but I wouldn't think to trade one of them for a Crosby or a Malkin in a million years.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:49 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Lundqvist is the ONLY goaltender I might consider taking over Stamkos (for a single season only, as Stamkos is almost eight years younger). Even Quick hasn't proven himself an elite player for more than one season.
Well the question is why; and if you're building a team you take the goaltender. If you have the elite goaltender, you take the player. So if a team has a great goaltender, you take the Stamkos. Since this had neither factor in it; the question was any drafted prospect that you'd take over RNH? And yes. A goaltender. Lehner and Markstrom might be pushing it. Maybe Schneider but if it was Price or RNH? I'd take Price.

It's the same thing with Price;

They took Price over Kopitar. Would you?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Berglund1313

Yes Evgeny Kuznetsov

Berglund1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:47 AM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Well the question is why; and if you're building a team you take the goaltender. If you have the elite goaltender, you take the player. So if a team has a great goaltender, you take the Stamkos. Since this had neither factor in it; the question was any drafted prospect that you'd take over RNH? And yes. A goaltender. Lehner and Markstrom might be pushing it. Maybe Schneider but if it was Price or RNH? I'd take Price.

Here's why you don't take the goaltender:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-anybody-else/

or perhaps here is a more concise answer:

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:43 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
To answer the poll, yes. I think RNH has the most talent and upside, but I'd rather take a safer prospect like Larsson, Couturier etc. RNH is a skinny dude
There are tons of NHL stars that are as skinny as RNH. He plays an agility-style game, so his weight isn't much of an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Nah i don't think so. RNH is too injury-prone.

I'll pick any of the guys i talked about before RNH. Is that in-line with the point of the thread?

TOML
So you'd take Landeskog, Larsson, and Couturier, Hamilton and Huberdeau all individually over RNH.

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this forum.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:46 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:

Goalies are all over the place for development. Drafting a goalie over a surefire top forward pick is just plain idiotic.

You can argue taking a proven, top goalie over a proven, top forward, but not prospects.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Hammer Time

Not at the moment. RNH is better than anyone who's actually played in the NHL. The only guy I would consider taking over RNH is Tarasenko - great at the World Juniors, great in the KHL, #1 ranked prospect on HF right now - I think he's a safe bet to do well in the NHL.

Hammer Time is offline   Reply With Quote