February 7

02-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever
vCash: 500
February 7

Bruins beat Canadiens, 2-1
The line of Lucic, Krejci, and Seguin scored goals on their first two shifts. The Bruins survived a late hooking penalty on Krejci to claim a 2-1, come-from-behind win before 21,273.

“There’s going to be some nights when things aren’t going so well,” Julien said. “We all know the Krejci line has been awesome for us. Tonight, they didn’t seem to be able to generate much. I said, ‘Why not move guys around here and give a little spark?’ It worked out. Guys responded well.”

Rask against time
The biggest question heading into this shortened season was whether Rask could take the reins from Thomas and become a bona fide No. 1 goalie. Flashes are one thing, consistency is another. But after Wednesday night, a thoroughly entertaining 2-1 win over the Montreal Canadiens, a game which featured Claude Julien’s remarkable instinct to switch up the Bruins’ top line, and, yes, another pathetic display by the power play unit, Rask emerged on a national TV stage and cemented himself as one of the top assets in the game.

Tuukka Time, indeed.

Bruins switch things up in win over Canadiens .
Down 1-0 heading into the third and having scored just one goal in their previous five periods, the B’s needed to change it up somehow. Coach Claude Julien did just that, switching right wingers on the top two lines, moving the previously snakebitten Tyler Seguin to the David Krejci-Milan Lucic line and putting Nathan Horton with Patrice Bergeron and Gregory Campbell.

The result? Two goals from the Krejci line — the equalizer from Seguin and winner from Krejci — on its first two shifts of the period and a 2-1 victory over the resurgent Habs at the Bell Centre.

Shawn Thornton raring to go .
Thornton was hundreds of miles from his Bruins’ teammates as they took on the Montreal Canadiens last night. And if everything goes well with the team doctors upon their return, he believes that he will be back on the ice sooner rather than later.

“The noggin feels pretty good,” Thornton said at a Gillette promotion outside the Prudential Center. “I skated the last three days. I rode the bike on Sunday and I’m symptom-free right now, so I will re-evaluate with the medical staff when they get back from Montreal (today) and go from there.”

Jamie Tardif’s itinerary hits hotbeds .
MONTREAL — With the injuries that precipitated his call-up from Providence of the AHL all believed to be short-term, Jamie Tardif’s stay with the Bruins will most likely be brief.

But if that is indeed the case, he can say he got to play in two of the most hockey-mad cities in the world. The 28-year-old made his long awaited debut Saturday in Toronto against his hometown Maple Leafs and last night his second game was against the Montreal Canadiens in the Bell Centre.

“Yeah, I’m getting all the big ones over with first I guess,” said Tardif, who is not about to concede anything about the length of his stay.

You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote