HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Satan vs Vanek

View Poll Results: Who?
Satan 14 18.67%
Vanek 61 81.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Moskau

vCash: 500
It doesn't make much sense to compare stats like that with players from vastly different eras. I believe you have the points and goals for 1998 reversed. The fact that Satan scored 40 that year during the dead-puck era and was still only 7th in the league in scoring says it all. Look at the list of players he was among that year. Selanne, Lindros, Jagr, Sakic etc. That's not to say that in 06 when Vanek was 5th he was in the company of slouches but I just don't feel that Lecavalier, Heatley, 37 year old Selanne, Jason Blake and Simon Gagne stack up.

With that said once again i feel both players are very close and I wouldn't take either.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
At this point, it's closer than the talent Vanek has should make it. I'll take Satan at his best by a hair over Vanek at his right now.

12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

For some reason, I can't help but remember Satan's career (not just with the Sabres) as watching him and thinking ... Man! If he tried hard most of the season instead of half the season he would be amazing. I just remember him floating out there half the time, and putting in a great effort half the time. In that respect, he reminded me of Alexei Kovalev. And I didn't like Kovalev's effort most nights.

Yea, Satan got his points, but wow IMO he could have done even better with more effort.

Just a thought

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
For some reason, I can't help but remember Satan's career (not just with the Sabres) as watching him and thinking ... Man! If he tried hard most of the season instead of half the season he would be amazing. I just remember him floating out there half the time, and putting in a great effort half the time. In that respect, he reminded me of Alexei Kovalev. And I didn't like Kovalev's effort most nights.

Yea, Satan got his points, but wow IMO he could have done even better with more effort.

Just a thought
I have the same thought about Vanek most nights.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
ManuelCalavera
La-La-La-Locked Out

Satan easily for me. As streaky as he was, I feel that he was a more versatile player. He had more creativity at both ends of the ice while still being able to find the back of the net. The real question is who is more frustrating to watch? I vote Vanek, simply because he is always pissed at himself for missing every opportunity.

ManuelCalavera is offline   Reply With Quote