HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

UFA WJC roster and the KHL...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM
  #1
checkerdome
Registered User
 
checkerdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
UFA WJC roster and the KHL...

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/12/...ia-camp-roster

"The goaltenders included on the preliminary roster are Andrey Makarov, Igor Ustinski and Andrey Vasilevskiy. The defense corps will consist of Kirill Diyakov, Yaroslav Dyblenko, Pavel Koledov, Andrei Mironov, Mikhail Naumenkov, Nikita Nesterov, Artem Sergeev, Nikita Tryamkin, Alexei Vasilevskiy, Albert Yarullin and Nikita Zadorov.

The forwards invited to the camp are Mikhail Grigorenko, Kirill Kapustin, Alexander Khokhlachev, Yaroslav Kosov, Nikita Kucherov, Yevgeni Mozer, Valeri Nichushkin, Daniil Romantsev, Maxim Shalunov, Anton Shenfeld, Andrei Sigarev, Anton Slepyshev, Vladimir Tkachev, Bogdan Yakimov, Nail Yakupov, Daniil Zharkov and Anton Zlobin."


Besides Nail Yakupov, have any of the above players been cut loose by the KHL for the WJC?

Is the KHL acting differently in this respect because the tournament is in UFA this year?

checkerdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:54 PM
  #2
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/12/...ia-camp-roster

"The goaltenders included on the preliminary roster are Andrey Makarov, Igor Ustinski and Andrey Vasilevskiy. The defense corps will consist of Kirill Diyakov, Yaroslav Dyblenko, Pavel Koledov, Andrei Mironov, Mikhail Naumenkov, Nikita Nesterov, Artem Sergeev, Nikita Tryamkin, Alexei Vasilevskiy, Albert Yarullin and Nikita Zadorov.

The forwards invited to the camp are Mikhail Grigorenko, Kirill Kapustin, Alexander Khokhlachev, Yaroslav Kosov, Nikita Kucherov, Yevgeni Mozer, Valeri Nichushkin, Daniil Romantsev, Maxim Shalunov, Anton Shenfeld, Andrei Sigarev, Anton Slepyshev, Vladimir Tkachev, Bogdan Yakimov, Nail Yakupov, Daniil Zharkov and Anton Zlobin."


Besides Nail Yakupov, have any of the above players been cut loose by the KHL for the WJC?

Is the KHL acting differently in this respect because the tournament is in UFA this year?
KHL teams always release players for the WJC. The only players playing an important role on a team besides Yak would be Khokhlachyov and Mironov, but their respective teams will do fine without them.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 06:32 AM
  #3
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man
 
Helpoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Varnakov on Kucherov: "He will have to "jump out of his pants" to make the team". Id est really impress the coach.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:57 AM
  #4
checkerdome
Registered User
 
checkerdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Varnakov on Kucherov: "He will have to "jump out of his pants" to make the team". Id est really impress the coach.
Must be a Russian expression, I've never heard of that before in hockey.

In any case, I hope it doesn't happen.

checkerdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 01:22 PM
  #5
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man
 
Helpoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
Must be a Russian expression, I've never heard of that before in hockey.

In any case, I hope it doesn't happen.
Yeah, you guessed it right, that's a classic Russian one I wanted to stay as true to the source as possible.

I wonder if the same applies to Slepyshev, who was on IR for a couple of months.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:01 PM
  #6
checkerdome
Registered User
 
checkerdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Helpoing,

Do you foresee this year's Russian WJC team being much as previous editions often seem to be?

-deep pool of skilled and dangerous forwards

-not a particularly deep pool of capable defensemen, although the top 4 are very reliable

-goaltending which might rise to the occasion, but then again, might not.

checkerdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:11 PM
  #7
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
Helpoing,

Do you foresee this year's Russian WJC team being much as previous editions often seem to be?

-deep pool of skilled and dangerous forwards

-not a particularly deep pool of capable defensemen, although the top 4 are very reliable

-goaltending which might rise to the occasion, but then again, might not.
Why don't you ask these questions in the WJC thread?

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:17 PM
  #8
checkerdome
Registered User
 
checkerdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Why don't you ask these questions in the WJC thread?
I'm sorry about that.

checkerdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:23 PM
  #9
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
Helpoing,

Do you foresee this year's Russian WJC team being much as previous editions often seem to be?

-deep pool of skilled and dangerous forwards

-not a particularly deep pool of capable defensemen, although the top 4 are very reliable

-goaltending which might rise to the occasion, but then again, might not.
-deep pool of forwards -yes but maybe only Yakupov standing out as a unique talent.

-deep pool of defencemen this time. Even the loss of Naumenkov won't hurt the team so much. What's iportant as man as 3 guys on the roster already log considerable minutes in the KHL

-the only problem with goaltending will be is whom to put in net. 3 great goaltenders you will soon see do great at senior level.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:59 PM
  #10
checkerdome
Registered User
 
checkerdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
-deep pool of forwards -yes but maybe only Yakupov standing out as a unique talent.

-deep pool of defencemen this time. Even the loss of Naumenkov won't hurt the team so much. What's iportant as man as 3 guys on the roster already log considerable minutes in the KHL

-the only problem with goaltending will be is whom to put in net. 3 great goaltenders you will soon see do great at senior level.
Sounds like Russia has a solid shot at a gold medal in Ufa.

I take it that Naumenkov had been made available by the KHL for the WJC, only to be injured.

Was he an offensive-powerplay quarterback like Gonchar was a few years ago?


Last edited by checkerdome: 12-05-2012 at 05:08 PM.
checkerdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:46 AM
  #11
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
Sounds like Russia has a solid shot at a gold medal in Ufa.

I take it that Naumenkov had been made available by the KHL for the WJC, only to be injured.

Was he an offensive-powerplay quarterback like Gonchar was a few years ago?
I wouldn't put Naumenkov in the Gonchar league just yet, but yes he was quaterbacking the powerplay.

Russian roster is solid. The offence is surprisingly not the dominant bright spot on the roster. As I said Yakupov is the only star in the making for sure. The rest of the offence is really deep and solid. Russia has a shot at the gold. But so have the other usual suspects.


Last edited by Atas2000: 12-06-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 01:52 AM
  #12
Den
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stockholm
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5,969
vCash: 500
Unrestricted Free Agent roster.. Woo-hoo!!

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.