HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mika Zibanejad is the real deal 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 02:51 PM
SenzZen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Trying to make it seem like Couturier is significantly older, or a year older. They are at the same stage developmentally.
Fair enough. I don't agree with the last sentence, though- but I'm not sure how they group kids in Sweden. I know it's by birth year here, so that would have put them at different stages if they do the same in Sweden.

Last edited by SenzZen: 03-19-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: 2nd "year" was to be "here"
Old
03-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Fair enough. I don't agree with the last sentence, though- but I'm not sure how they group kids in Sweden. I know it's by birth year year, so that would have put them at different stages if they do the same in Sweden.
Couturier is a 92', Zibby is a 93'. Couturier had 3 years in the CHL before draft and 2 in the NHL. If Zibby had gone the CHL route, he would have been taken after his second year, then returned for his third, and would now be in his first year in the NHL. That is a different developmental stage, same as Ceci being having more development than Morgan Rielly. Both taken in the same draft, but one has had more years at higher level play.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Couturier is a 92', Zibby is a 93'. Couturier had 3 years in the CHL before draft and 2 in the NHL. If Zibby had gone the CHL route, he would have been taken after his second year, then returned for his third, and would now be in his first year in the NHL. That is a different developmental stage, same as Ceci being having more development than Morgan Rielly. Both taken in the same draft, but one has had more years at higher level play.
Zibanejad was playing in an adult league when he was drafted.

Ceci is better than Rielly.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:

That doesn't change the fact that Couturier and Ceci have played more development years despite being drafted in the same year. And in no way is Ceci better than Rielly, that's just overvaluing our teams prospect.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:05 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:

Don't say this like it's a fact.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Bazel5

Last edited by Bazel5: 03-19-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old
03-19-2013, 05:27 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazel5 View Post
ftfy.

03-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Bazel5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
ftfy.
Thanks! I just figured it out

Old
03-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Laista

Send a message via MSN to Laista Send a message via Skype™ to Laista
I really dont want to compare differrent players.
But i can imagine in games where Silfverberg will be stuck on good defense Zibby might find a way to get by just by acting more on impulse.
He is more a "do" dont "think" kind of player. In other hand Silf will be the go to guy when defending leads. Come on guys ! They really dont need to be compared, they will deliver for da Club no doubt!

Old
03-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
That doesn't change the fact that Couturier and Ceci have played more development years despite being drafted in the same year. And in no way is Ceci better than Rielly, that's just overvaluing our teams prospect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Don't say this like it's a fact.
Ok, it is my opinion that Ceci is better than Rielly. He's better defensively, bigger and a much more intelligent player which leads to him being just as productive. I still have no idea how Ceci fell to us in the draft.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:48 PM
mcnorth

Last year I thought we made a mistake taking Zibby over Couturier. This year I think it was a great pick and I was wrong last year. Ask me again next year.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:56 PM
wilfred

Do you think Zibby will be a center or a winger long term?

Old
03-19-2013, 07:57 PM
H2O

Center, he looks good on the faceoffs.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

It's really hard to say. When Spezza comes back do we run Spezza - Turris - Zibanejad - Smith? That's probably the best centre depth in the league to be honest if Zibanejad and Turris keep playing the way they have. I wouldn't mind it...

Michalek - Spezza - ???
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Prince - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
???? - Smith - Neil

Next year that's not a bad group of forwards.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:52 PM
SenzZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
Do you think Zibby will be a center or a winger long term?
I think his skating is too good to limit him to the wing. He's very responsible in his own end, too.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:09 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Last three games Zib has gone 6-5, 6-4 and 4-3 in the dot. Definitely some progress in this department. Hoping one of our centers can step up their faceoff game soon.

Old
03-21-2013, 04:06 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
It's really hard to say. When Spezza comes back do we run Spezza - Turris - Zibanejad - Smith? That's probably the best centre depth in the league to be honest if Zibanejad and Turris keep playing the way they have. I wouldn't mind it...

Michalek - Spezza - ???
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Prince - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
???? - Smith - Neil

Next year that's not a bad group of forwards.
My guess is that Z. Smith could be promoted & moved to the LW & JOB could be the 4th line centre since he is pretty good at faceoffs too. Having Smith move to Zibanejad's line gives Ottawa another option at centre to take faceoffs if Zibane gets kicked out of the circle. I think Smith could turn into a Andrew Ladd type player at left wing. I don't see Prince in Ottawa next season, I think there are a few ahead of him like Stone & Hoffman.

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson - if Lats & Alfie re-sign
Z. Smith - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Kassian - JOB - Neil/Hoffman

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar - Ceci could replace Gonchar by mid-season/deadline
Wiercioch - Gryba/Phillips/Boroweicki/Sdao

Anderson - Lehner

Old
03-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Blarginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
My guess is that Z. Smith could be promoted & moved to the LW & JOB could be the 4th line centre since he is pretty good at faceoffs too. Having Smith move to Zibanejad's line gives Ottawa another option at centre to take faceoffs if Zibane gets kicked out of the circle. I think Smith could turn into a Andrew Ladd type player at left wing. I don't see Prince in Ottawa next season, I think there are a few ahead of him like Stone & Hoffman.

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson - if Lats & Alfie re-sign
Z. Smith - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Kassian - JOB - Neil/Hoffman

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar - Ceci could replace Gonchar by mid-season/deadline
Wiercioch - Gryba/Phillips/Boroweicki/Sdao

Anderson - Lehner
Can Smith play wing? I don't recall seeing him other than at center (at least for a extended period of time). If so then the 3rd line would be a perfect mix of grit and skill moving forward.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
bta1976

not bad for 19

I think he is 1 of 5 players that are 19 years old and in the top 20 in Rookie scoring. But he is the only one that is playing in North America on the smaller ice and bigger/faster players for the first time in really his career. Plus of those 5, only he and Dougie were drafted outside of the top 3. And we all know, in most drafts that anyone drafted outside of the top 3 or 5 usually take longer to delevope.

I'm impressed were Zibby is at. Looks better every game and learning to use his size. Neal is a good linemate for him right now, I thought he looked very intimidated at the start of last yr and a bit this season also. Going out/hitting bodies and working hard as shown him that he is just as big and strong enough to play NHLers. And starting to see some great chemistry on the pp most of the time, with Sberg. Good times ahead for these 2.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:24 PM
R2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bta1976 View Post
I think he is 1 of 5 players that are 19 years old and in the top 20 in Rookie scoring. But he is the only one that is playing in North America on the smaller ice and bigger/faster players for the first time in really his career. Plus of those 5, only he and Dougie were drafted outside of the top 3. And we all know, in most drafts that anyone drafted outside of the top 3 or 5 usually take longer to delevope.

I'm impressed were Zibby is at. Looks better every game and learning to use his size. Neal is a good linemate for him right now, I thought he looked very intimidated at the start of last yr and a bit this season also. Going out/hitting bodies and working hard as shown him that he is just as big and strong enough to play NHLers. And starting to see some great chemistry on the pp most of the time, with Sberg. Good times ahead for these 2.
Jonas Brodin is always playing well. (#10 overall)

Old
03-21-2013, 08:47 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Quote:

I hope you are right but to me you are getting yourself into anotehr Strome vs RNH type scenario.

Reilly is going to be superb. Closest player to Karlsson on defence that I know of.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:12 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
I hope you are right but to me you are getting yourself into anotehr Strome vs RNH type scenario.

Reilly is going to be superb. Closest player to Karlsson on defence that I know of.
I understand your point but can we please stop comparing anyone to Karlsson.

Karlsson is the best player in the league(arguably) we are actually comparing a prospect to him? Dear Lord.

Rielly is overrated.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:16 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I understand your point but can we please stop comparing anyone to Karlsson.

Karlsson is the best player in the league(arguably) we are actually comparing a prospect to him? Dear Lord.

Rielly is overrated.
So I can never use anyone like Karlsson, Crosby, Alfie etc to compare another player in terms of style of play? I don't see the harm, nor did I say Reilly is the next Karlsson.

I know Reilly is a Leaf so it's hard for Sens fans to think he's going to be good or admit to it, but he is a terrific prospect and I wish we had him.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:24 PM
HavlatMach9

I wonder if we'd take Hamilton or Zibanejad if we could do a re-draft

Old
03-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post

Reilly is going to be superb. Closest player to Karlsson on defence that I know of
I haven't seen that much of Rielly, a few games and highlights and what I've read online.

However, I have seen a ton of Ceci. I thought Ceci should have gone top 5 in his draft year...an absolute stud who's #1 attribute is his intelligence. Add to that he is 6'3, very strong, with good hands, skating, vision and one of the best point shots I've seen from a junior player since I started watching junior -- not that it's the hardest (and it is hard) but just the way he uses it and how smart he is at the offensive blueline.

Anyway...yeah I think he's better than Rielly and maybe on a different team he becomes a #1 defenceman. It's crazy to think that we have 3 guys in our system that could potentially be #1s on a lot of teams (Karlsson, Cowen, Ceci) IMO.

Closed Thread