HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mika Zibanejad is the real deal 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Well he is putting up a ~50 point pace right now. Obviously with Spezza in then line-up, things will change. Mika will be the third line center, and will likely have different line mates. It's tough to say whether or not a healthy line-up is better for his point production, an argument can be made from both sides.
He'll be one of our top forward at full health, or at least in the not so distant future, and he'll get premium scoring minutes because of it.

He's already doing more offensively than a guy like Michalek does, because Michalek has very little poise with the puck beyond dashing to the net with it.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:29 AM
HockeySens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost in the Shell View Post
Admit it, how many of you thought he would be our best player right now? Kid continues to amaze and IMO has over taken Silfver as the best rookie on this team (Not counting HB).
Beginning of the year didnt think he would be our best player but ever since spezza and karlsson went down and turris went on his slump many focused on zibby and silf. Im also not surprised he is better than silf at the moment, I think Im speaking for most people when I say zibby has better talent and tools than silf. Zibby's ceiling is higher than silf

Old
04-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Pilgore88

9 assists in last 9 games played as well. Impressive. He has really come into his own in the last 15 games.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Who would have an issue admitting to that lol, there isn't a person on the planet that made that prediction as it would have been a really stupid expectation.

He's a star in the making. I think some here have always seen star caliber tools in this guy. I'm just surprised at the poise with the puck he all of a sudden started playing with when he got to the NHL.
Wording error on my part, more playing off the lines that he was basically tossed in like garbage in every trade proposal from Sept to Jan on here.

Old
04-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost in the Shell View Post
Wording error on my part, more playing off the lines that he was basically tossed in like garbage in every trade proposal from Sept to Jan on here.
When the majority takes knee-jerk reactions, stick to your guns. The thought processes many take here are just ****ed, and the funny thing is they often use them to marginalize something Ottawa in order to appear impartial. Or they are just negative people.

Old
04-06-2013, 11:25 AM
sens2k9

What's impressed me the most is how strong he looks out there. He hits hard and he separates people from the puck.
I mean, the kid is 19 and we've all seen his interviews without pads on, he's not a big guy yet... once he fills out ???

Old
04-06-2013, 11:34 AM
DHins

His game is really well suited for NHL ice size. He is very quick, seperates guys from the puck well, makes quick decisions, and moves the puck out of his own end the way a centerman should.
Agreed that once he fills out completly he will be even more difficult to play against

Old
04-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Ed Wood

I think one thing that should now be established is that Zibanejad is best utilized as a centre and not a winger. When the team is at full health he'll be an absolute premium third line centre. We still have work to do filling out the top two lines especially if Alfie retires.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:14 PM

Zibby's emergence makes me wonder if he would really best suited for at 3rd line C. Smith is an ideal 3rd line C IMO and Zibby with legit 2nd line minutes could maybe do more than Turris. Trade Spezza?

Old
04-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Carrie Underwood

vCash: 905
I like the idea of
Spezza
Turris
Zibby
Smith

Old
04-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Who would have an issue admitting to that lol, there isn't a person on the planet that made that prediction as it would have been a really stupid expectation.

He's a star in the making. I think some here have always seen star caliber tools in this guy. I'm just surprised at the poise with the puck he all of a sudden started playing with when he got to the NHL.
I knew he was going to be good (had to defend him a lot last summer as well) but he has clearly surpassed my expectations. He has the puck on a string, pull off some weird/spectacular moves and is already a way better playmaker than I thought. His compete level is through the roof and is showing that his hockey sense is no issue at all. He has started to breakout but it's far from over IMO. Lesser version of Forsberg is still my call. Hopefully he becomes as strong physically. The guy could really be dominant if he becomes stronger and hone his skills. His skating and shooting is fabulous.

Quote:
When the majority takes knee-jerk reactions, stick to your guns. The thought processes many take here are just ****ed, and the funny thing is they often use them to marginalize something Ottawa in order to appear impartial. Or they are just negative people.
Exactly but don't try to ask them to eat crow because you'd get called out for bragging

So you're either a homer or a pretentious ***** on here it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
Zibby's emergence makes me wonder if he would really best suited for at 3rd line C. Smith is an ideal 3rd line C IMO and Zibby with legit 2nd line minutes could maybe do more than Turris. Trade Spezza?
I know it's a joke but if we could get a huge return, it could be really interesting. However, Zib is still too young and inexperimented and Turris still has to be behind a #1 center to be more effective. We can still use Spezza, we are a way better team with him in the line-up

Last edited by Xspyrit: 04-06-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old
04-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Underwood View Post
I like the idea of
Spezza
Turris
Zibby
Smith
With wingers like Hoffman, Stone, Noesen and Prince knocking on the door, we can afford to leave a top 2 center on the 3rd line. Gives us three scoring lines.

Man this team has just an embarrasment of riches right now. It's crazy to think we might not have roster spots for guys like Hoffman, Prince, Puempel, Pageau and others.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:52 PM
balaclava brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
Hey buddy, I don't mean to pick on you. Many people are saying the same thing, but I just picked your post to quote.

The way things are developing, I don't know if Zibanejad will be the third line centre next season. I think he challenges Turris next season for second line duty. Not only him, however, but his entire line. It could be argued the Turris/Alfredsson/whoever line is facing tougher opposition, but I think this line could be very good against third line competition next year.

I'm thinking these forward lines could really work well next season, although it leaves a couple question marks for the top line.

______ Spezza______
Conacher Zibanejad Silfverberg
Michalek Turris Alfredsson
Greening Smith Neil

Old
04-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Iamok
#Panic

With the way PM rolls his lines, 2nd/3rd line designation doesn't really mean much. It'd vary depending on who's playing better at the time.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaclava brian View Post
I'm thinking these forward lines could really work well next season, although it leaves a couple question marks for the top line.

______ Spezza______
Conacher Zibanejad Silfverberg
Michalek Turris Alfredsson
Greening Smith Neil
Don't seperate Michalek and Spezza.

A year ago Michalek scored 35 on Spezza's wing. Not crazy to think he can do it again when they both are healthy.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
I know it's a joke but if we could get a huge return, it could be really interesting. However, Zib is still too young and inexperimented and Turris still has to be behind a #1 center to be more effective. We can still use Spezza, we are a way better team with him in the line-up
With the right return, I would trade Spezza as well. It wouldn't be easy to do but I think it would be better in the long run. But at the same time this team isn't going anywhere with Turris as the #1 and Zibby isn't ready to be a #1.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Carrie Underwood

vCash: 905
Can drouin play center?

Old
04-06-2013, 01:18 PM
mcnorth

Hard to imagine the return would make the roster that much better of Spezza was traded - we just don't have that many holes that need to be filled and then it would leave the huge hole at 1C.

Not worth it.

I would love if Spezza was out 2C. That'd mean something awesome has happened.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Magix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
With the right return, I would trade Spezza as well. It wouldn't be easy to do but I think it would be better in the long run. But at the same time this team isn't going anywhere with Turris as the #1 and Zibby isn't ready to be a #1.
This. Zibanejad looks to be the guy to replace spezza down the line (way down the line), but if they were to move spezza, sens would be stuck in that pretender zone as karlsson would be the only elite talent here.

But this is all moot, spezza is a life-time senator like alfie, phillips and neil me thinks.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:27 PM
HavlatMach9

I love when Zibanejad scores. Always sounds awesome.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:30 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Zibanejad will be a superstar in this league.

I can't begin to imagine how he will be when he gets much stronger and better at faceoffs even more and more skills tarnished.

Wow, he's only 19.

Quote:
Lmao you need to post more brudda.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:41 PM
KarlssonMarx
Be Red

At this point I think I'd rather move Turris to wing than Zibby. Zibby is looking like he'll be too good for the 3rd line within a season or two. I don't really see anything in Turris' game that says he can only be effective at center. However, Zibanejad's skating will always make him much more effective at center than the wing IMO. Just let the kid skate the whole rink, he's amazing at it.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens2k9 View Post
What's impressed me the most is how strong he looks out there. He hits hard and he separates people from the puck.
I mean, the kid is 19 and we've all seen his interviews without pads on, he's not a big guy yet... once he fills out ???

I seem to remember Chris Schartz saying he expected Zibanejad would play between 220 and 230 in his prime.

A 225 Zibanejad would be a damn beast and incredibly difficult to contain.

Landeskog is a beast as well but he's filled out already, and shorter than Mika.

Zibanejad is just scratching the surface.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:48 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Conacher-Zibby-Silf has great potential and unreal skills.

Hopefully for Rd 1:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Latendresse-Turris-Alfie
Conacher-Zibby-Silf
Condra-Smith-Neil

Bench: Regin, Jobber, Hasselhoff

Old
04-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Jonathan81

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Conacher-Zibby-Silf has great potential and unreal skills.

Hopefully for Rd 1:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Latendresse-Turris-Alfie
Conacher-Zibby-Silf
Condra-Smith-Neil

Bench: Regin, Jobber, Hasselhoff
This with: Methot-Karlsson(next year)
Cowen-Gonchar(Ceci or ufa next year(maybe Gonchar?)
Phillip-Gryba (Wier/Boro)

Andy-Lehner

With Stone-Pageau-Prince-Noesen down the line we are pretty much set for a while

Closed Thread