HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Lounge V90: Rachel McAdams Appreciation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Oh you actually blew up completely. Nice. My girl has a temper and she gets pretty crazy so I guess it's kind of different in that sense. But still, she just doesn't seem like she cares and it doesn't seem like she's really interested in me anymore.. But idk.
Well, blew up wasn't necessarily the right wording, but I blew a ******** of steam off, and just got into a huge rant.

And that's exactly like my girl. She just didn't seem to be interested or care, no matter what I did. It sucked because I like her so much but looking back I'm glad I did it.

12-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
That last line makes a whole lot of sense. Break it down for me old man.

OLD MAN TERMS: Please further explain the quote that is in bold above.. Sir.
Ever wonder why *******s always get the girl? And why a perfect girl is always with an *******? That's why.

Old
12-09-2012, 01:58 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Well, blew up wasn't necessarily the right wording, but I blew a ******** of steam off, and just got into a huge rant.

And that's exactly like my girl. She just didn't seem to be interested or care, no matter what I did. It sucked because I like her so much but looking back I'm glad I did it.
See now you got me thinking..

Gonna have to see my options after going out next weekend.

12-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Well I'm off to bed. Hopefully you figure your stuff out DD!

Oh and here is a site that you guys may like.

http://shutupandtakemymoney.com/

Old
12-09-2012, 02:09 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
That last line makes a whole lot of sense. Break it down for me old man.

OLD MAN TERMS: Please further explain the quote that is in bold above.. Sir.
Haha

IF she thinks she is the best you can do she'll treat you like she could do better.

Not a bad idea early on to get in a bit of trouble "flirting."

I'm not saying be negative to your girl. Cause that is just mean. But turning on the charm for a waitress or some other woman, just reminds them they need to keep you happy to keep you around.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Outshoot opponent 47-20

*Insert NHL 13 cover*

Lose 1-0 on a wrister from the blueline.

New meme.

12-09-2012, 02:50 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Haha

IF she thinks she is the best you can do she'll treat you like she could do better.

Not a bad idea early on to get in a bit of trouble "flirting."

I'm not saying be negative to your girl. Cause that is just mean. But turning on the charm for a waitress or some other woman, just reminds them they need to keep you happy to keep you around.
Sounds good. Thanks buddy. You too Schenner

Old
12-09-2012, 02:56 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Chicks who play/dig hockey = the best

Old
12-09-2012, 03:33 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

So Kessel can't get your O'Reilly cause he will ask for too much money, Phaneuf won't because he is Phaneuf, and Gardiner/Rielly won't get him unless we add our 2013 1st.

Avs fans are weird.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

There's no point in discussing trades with other fanbases. They completely undervalue our players just because they play for the Leafs while we tend to overvalue ours, if only just.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:09 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
There's no point in discussing trades with other fanbases. They completely undervalue our players just because they play for the Leafs while we tend to overvalue ours, if only just.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see in a thread one day people coming up with reasons why another team shouldn't trade something like a 1st for Kessel.

hfboards is pretty bad tbh, if it weren't for the LL and the geek emporium forum I wouldn't even use this site

Old
12-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see in a thread one day people coming up with reasons why another team shouldn't trade something like a 1st for Kessel.
I can't wait for that day

Old
12-09-2012, 06:04 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
"He's a lazy one-dimensional player"

Old
12-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
when we get that first liner who can play with kessel without holding back, people will shut up. it'll be a while but he'll get there.

12-09-2012, 06:46 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

One thing I don't like about AC3 is that unlike with Ezio who there was a big build up to him becoming an assassin and like a big ceremony, but with Connor it's like boom, assassin.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I got to 10 000 pretty easily when I didnt really care and just went all in on random games, but now it feels like it will take forever

11000 to 0 vcash in like 2 weeks

this is why I don't bet real money
A lot easier to get to 10,000 when you start with 500 than it is with 50.

This is also why I don't gamble with real money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
I'm for this. How do we reset?

Was having fun on the Business of Hockey board but getting a bit too to go over numbers.

Can I make another Burke thread?
We are all broke right now so it has already begun

Quote:
I'm surprised no fans from another team came and replied to that. Usually they are lurking on our board and will respond to something like that within 5 minutes

I find it's pointless discussing trades because people I think tend to value prospects/picks way too highly. The logic of it always amazes me. If you have prospect A with ceiling of player B, in a trade people would want you to add to player B to get prospect A even though prospect A may never reach that ceiling.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
A lot easier to get to 10,000 when you start with 500 than it is with 50.

This is also why I don't gamble with real money.

We are all broke right now so it has already begun

I'm surprised no fans from another team came and replied to that. Usually they are lurking on our board and will respond to something like that within 5 minutes

I find it's pointless discussing trades because people I think tend to value prospects/picks way too highly. The logic of it always amazes me. If you have prospect A with ceiling of player B, in a trade people would want you to add to player B to get prospect A even though prospect A may never reach that ceiling.
I got "hardcore" friends and while they are fans they are very foolish. Can't talk any hockey with them, especially since they are in Ottawa. Ceci is now a great pick from a surprise pick lol and according to one of my friend was a top 10 pick initially and im like...wtf!?

Old
12-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I got "hardcore" friends and while they are fans they are very foolish. Can't talk any hockey with them, especially since they are in Ottawa. Ceci is now a great pick from a surprise pick lol and according to one of my friend was a top 10 pick initially and im like...wtf!?
I work with a guy who is a huge Sens fan. Hard to have any serious hockey talk with him because for fun we both always end up dissing the other teams players. He gets rattled so easy it's incredibly fun. He will make fun of Phaneuf or something and then I just say Sundin is better than Alfie. His face goes red and says something along the lines that we could really use Sundin now (which is true), then for fun I ask when was the last time the Sens won the cup because it's something like 1927 and that always strikes a nerve with him

Old
12-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I work with a guy who is a huge Sens fan. Hard to have any serious hockey talk with him because for fun we both always end up dissing the other teams players. He gets rattled so easy it's incredibly fun. He will make fun of Phaneuf or something and then I just say Sundin is better than Alfie. His face goes red and says something along the lines that we could really use Sundin now (which is true), then for fun I ask when was the last time the Sens won the cup because it's something like 1927 and that always strikes a nerve with him
When they try to say that they won the cup I am retaliate immediately. I am like first of all no, that's not the sens that's the Ottawa HC whose's pet name was the sens they won technically three times and was dissolved and moved to st.louis. Even if they won 11 cups they were during the times of CHA and OHA when NHL wasn't even there and your club doesn't even count them or their banners. Gets them everytime

Old
12-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
When they try to say that they won the cup I am retaliate immediately. I am like first of all no, that's not the sens that's the Ottawa HC whose's pet name was the sens they won technically three clubs and was dissolved and moved to st.louis. Even if they won 11 cups they were during the times of CHA and OHA when NHL wasn't even there and your club doesn't even count them or their banners. Gets them everytime
Didn't know that, will use that next time

Time to go write my first exam...

Old
12-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Didn't know that, will use that next time

Time to go write my first exam...
Good luck, got mine tomorrow

Old
12-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
I assume it's because I made that post at like 6am when I was the only one awake. Now that it's 9am...

THERE'S NO POINT IN DISCUSSING TRADES WITH OTHER FANBASES BECAUSE WE'RE ALL IDIOTS IN OUR OWN NON-LOVABLE WAYS

Also good luck.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:46 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
I have a Sens fan bud who's like that too, he thinks he knows and can make serious hockey talk but he can't.

Just random topics like who will replace Zetterberg/Dastsyuk on the Wings.

I'd say they don't have anybody on that level in their system and he'd say Helm and show me that one pk shift as his driving point

Old
12-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
I have a Sens fan bud who's like that too, he thinks he knows and can make serious hockey talk but he can't.

Just random topics like who will replace Zetterberg/Dastsyuk on the Wings.

I'd say they don't have anybody on that level in their system and he'd say Helm and show me that one pk shift as his driving point
No one of that calibre is in their system but they have some good prospects in Nyquist and Smith. They aren't Henrik or Pavel level but still good.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:54 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
No one of that calibre is in their system but they have some good prospects in Nyquist and Smith. They aren't Henrik or Pavel level but still good.
yeah they got some good guys like the ones you named but i don't think any of them will have the same impacts Dats and Zetterberg have had.

edit: of course no one probably expected datsyuk and zetterberg to become as good as they did

Closed Thread