HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Our past 5 drafts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2005, 01:41 PM
  #1
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Our past 5 drafts

2000
20 L Alexander Frolov
54 D Andreas Lilja
86 C Yannick Lehoux
118 D Lubomir Visnovsky
165 G Nathan Marsters
201 F Evgeny Fedorov
206 L Tim Eriksson
218 D Craig Olynick
245 W Dan Welch
250 Flavien Conne
282 Karl Grahn

2001
18 L Jens Karlsson
30 C Dave Steckel
49 C Mike Cammalleri
51 L Jaroslav Bednar
83 L Henrik Juntunen
116 D Richard Petiot
152 G Terry Denike
153 D Tuukka Mantyla
214 G Cristobal Huet
237 D Mike Gabinet
277 G Sebastien Laplante

2002
18 D Denis Grebeshkov
50 L Sergei Anshakov
66 R Petr Kanko
104 D Aaron Rome
115 L Mark Rooneem
152 F Greg Hogeboom
157 D Joel Andresen
185 F Ryan Murphy
215 Mikhail Lyubushin
248 Tuukka Pulliainen
279 F Connor James

2003
13 R Dustin Brown
26 F Brian Boyle
27 Jeff Tambellini
44 Konstantin Pushkarev
82 G Ryan Munce
152 Brady Murray
174 C Esa Pirnes
231 G Matt Zaba
244 C Mike Sullivan
274 F Marty Guerin

2004
11 R Lauri Tukonen
95 D Paul Baier
110 L Ned Lukacevic
143 R Eric Neilson
174 F Scott Parse
205 G John Curry
221 G Danny Taylor
238 G Yutaka Fukufuji
264 C Valtteri Tenkanen

What i was wondering is these were our last 5 years draft picks. If they were all put into a draft together in which order would you pick the players from #1-notsure

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-21-2005, 03:05 PM
  #2
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
1. Frolov
2. Brown
3. Grebs
4. Tukonen
5. Lilja
6. Visnovsky
7. Camms
8. Boyle
9. Petiot
10. Tambs
11. Pushkarov
12. Lehoux
13. Karlsson
14. Baier
15. Fukufuji
16. Munce
17. Kanko
18. Hogeboom
19. James
20. Pirnes
21. Welch
22. Huet
23. Anshakov
24. Murray
25. Guerin
26. Zaba
27. Bednar
28. Steckel
29. Marsters
30. Lukacevic
Interesting first round i am sure many will complain about some people i choosed before other yet this is my opinion - I'm afraid that i had to put Steckel in the top 30.....

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-21-2005, 04:03 PM
  #3
Chartrand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Bahrain
Posts: 2,209
vCash: 500
2003 seems to be a very good draft so far.

Chartrand is offline  
Old
02-21-2005, 04:08 PM
  #4
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHL MV
2003 seems to be a very good draft so far.
2003 could surpass 1980 as the best Kings draft ever.

Quote:
1980
4 D Larry Murphy
10 F Jim Fox
33 F Greg Terrion
34 F Dave Morrison
52 F Steve Bozek
73 C Bernie Nicholls
94 Al Graves
115 G Darren Eliot
136 D Mike O'Connor
157 F Billy O'Dwyer
178 L Daryl Evans
199 L Kim Collins
We will see

 
Old
02-21-2005, 04:56 PM
  #5
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Time tells all

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-21-2005, 05:16 PM
  #6
Game Misconduct
Registered User
 
Game Misconduct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 500
Good luck with that one KJ! One can only hope, but that is hype and pressure these kids do not need!

Game Misconduct is offline  
Old
02-21-2005, 06:56 PM
  #7
TWS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
I would go with:

1. Alexander Frolov
2. Denis Grebeshkov
3. Lauri Tukonen
4. Dustin Brown
5. Lubomir Visnovsky
6. Jeff Tambellini
7. Mike Cammalleri
8. Konstantin Pushkarev
9. Sergei Anshakov
10.Petr Kanko
11.Brian Boyle
12.Richard Petiot
13.Paul Baier
14.Yannick Lehoux
15.Aaron Rome
16.Esa Pirnes
17.Ryan Munce
18.Brady Murray
19.Ned Lukacevic
20.Jens Karlsson
21.Matt Zaba
22.Greg Hogeboom
23.Marty Guerin
24.Cristobal Huet
25.Andreas Lilja
26.Dave Steckel
27.Jaroslav Bednar
28.Connor James
29.Henrik Juntunen
30.Tuukka Mantyla

Thoughts?

TWS is offline  
Old
02-21-2005, 07:02 PM
  #8
David A. Rainer
Registered User
 
David A. Rainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
Good luck with that one KJ! One can only hope, but that is hype and pressure these kids do not need!
Ya, because John's statements are just this awesome weight bearing down on each of their shoulders.

__________________
Saxon Sports Information and Research
David A. Rainer is offline  
Old
02-21-2005, 07:56 PM
  #9
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Ya, because John's statements are just this awesome weight bearing down on each of their shoulders.
I am hoping to make at least one of them turn in their sleep tonight with those comments

 
Old
02-22-2005, 01:12 AM
  #10
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kngbryn
I would go with:

1. Alexander Frolov
2. Denis Grebeshkov
3. Lauri Tukonen
4. Dustin Brown
5. Lubomir Visnovsky
6. Jeff Tambellini
7. Mike Cammalleri
8. Konstantin Pushkarev
9. Sergei Anshakov
10.Petr Kanko
11.Brian Boyle
12.Richard Petiot
13.Paul Baier
14.Yannick Lehoux
15.Aaron Rome
16.Esa Pirnes
17.Ryan Munce
18.Brady Murray
19.Ned Lukacevic
20.Jens Karlsson
21.Matt Zaba
22.Greg Hogeboom
23.Marty Guerin
24.Cristobal Huet
25.Andreas Lilja
26.Dave Steckel
27.Jaroslav Bednar
28.Connor James
29.Henrik Juntunen
30.Tuukka Mantyla

Thoughts?
Interesting for the most part. 25.Andreas Lilja ??? He is a top 4 Defenseman and then Anshakov at 9 you know something about him i dont? Rome at 15 I havent heard anything about him since he was drafted plus i think Karlsson should be higher but cool attempt

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-22-2005, 02:49 AM
  #11
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,617
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Interesting for the most part. 25.Andreas Lilja ??? He is a top 4 Defenseman and then Anshakov at 9 you know something about him i dont? Rome at 15 I havent heard anything about him since he was drafted plus i think Karlsson should be higher but cool attempt
Lilja a top4 yeah...why not the next Bobby Orr? He's big but he's not a big hitter, he's not a great skater, he's not a great passer, he's not a shooter. He's just an average 6th/7th defenseman at best.

IMO he's been a top4 only in his short AHL stint with Lowell, but at NHL level he's been a huge disappointment with the Kings. With Florida he had a decent 1st season, last Summer he signed as an UFA with Nashville.

Anshakov started the season with CSKA, then he's been loaned to Salavat Ulayev, where he's doing well (7+1 in 15 games)

Rome signed last Summer with the Quacks and he's playing in the AHL at Cincinnati this season (1+12 in 56 games).

Albi is offline  
Old
02-22-2005, 12:58 PM
  #12
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
Lilja a top4 yeah...why not the next Bobby Orr? He's big but he's not a big hitter, he's not a great skater, he's not a great passer, he's not a shooter. He's just an average 6th/7th defenseman at best.

IMO he's been a top4 only in his short AHL stint with Lowell, but at NHL level he's been a huge disappointment with the Kings. With Florida he had a decent 1st season, last Summer he signed as an UFA with Nashville.

Anshakov started the season with CSKA, then he's been loaned to Salavat Ulayev, where he's doing well (7+1 in 15 games)

Rome signed last Summer with the Quacks and he's playing in the AHL at Cincinnati this season (1+12 in 56 games).
Thx for the update on those two players Albi - Rome isn't doing to good though Anshakov looks to be ok but ya i thought Lilja did a good job in Florida but i agree he isn't that good but better then some of the people he put him behind easily

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-22-2005, 02:52 PM
  #13
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet
 
Dave in LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Don't you guys have to rate the players according to who has played in the NHL?

Visnovksi & Frolov should be the top 2 with cammy, brown, Grebs that round out the top five. I would put Huet in the top ten.

The rest are just prospects that could be great someday or could never see NHL ice ever.

D

Dave in LA is offline  
Old
02-22-2005, 02:57 PM
  #14
TwzKing
Registered User
 
TwzKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 2,131
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHL MV
2003 seems to be a very good draft so far.

I was just gonna say that.... that seems like a very strong draft year.

TwzKing is online now  
Old
02-22-2005, 03:55 PM
  #15
David A. Rainer
Registered User
 
David A. Rainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA
Don't you guys have to rate the players according to who has played in the NHL?

Visnovksi & Frolov should be the top 2 with cammy, brown, Grebs that round out the top five. I would put Huet in the top ten.

The rest are just prospects that could be great someday or could never see NHL ice ever.

D
Who would you rather have: Prince Fielder or Lou Merloni? Even though Lou Merloni is in the majors and Prince Fielder might never make it there, I would still rather have Prince Fielder because of what he can be in the majors and because the Lou Merloni's of the world are a dime a dozen and can be found literally anywhere.

David A. Rainer is offline  
Old
02-22-2005, 04:01 PM
  #16
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet
 
Dave in LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
Who would you rather have: Prince Fielder or Lou Merloni? Even though Lou Merloni is in the majors and Prince Fielder might never make it there, I would still rather have Prince Fielder because of what he can be in the majors and because the Lou Merloni's of the world are a dime a dozen and can be found literally anywhere.
Maybe I should have been more clear.

Players that have had some sort of impact in the NHL.

Visnovski & Frolov both have had huge impacts. Those two would have to be your top 2.

Cammy, Brown & Grebs are right there. Throw in Gleason and Garon and you have a nice core to build around.

Dave

Dave in LA is offline  
Old
02-22-2005, 08:00 PM
  #17
David A. Rainer
Registered User
 
David A. Rainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA
Maybe I should have been more clear.

Players that have had some sort of impact in the NHL.

Visnovski & Frolov both have had huge impacts. Those two would have to be your top 2.

Cammy, Brown & Grebs are right there. Throw in Gleason and Garon and you have a nice core to build around.

Dave
Who would you rather have: Prince Fielder or Jose Valentine?

I'd still rather have Fielder because the risk of Fielder not becoming the next great power-hitting 1B (which is what BA is touting him as) is less than the loss of production gained by not taking Valentine.

In other words, there is a balancing being performed between potential and production. At some point, you will take potential over production and at another point you'd take production over potential. It creeps along on a sliding scale and is only a matter of prefence. I can see why someone would or wouldn't for both sides. I can't knock someone for taking Grebeshkov over Visnovski simply because Visnovski has had the bigger impact at the NHL level. But I could also see why one would take Visnovski over Grebs.

Personally, I wouldn't put Visnovski in my Top 2 (maybe my Top 5). But I can't see how anyone wouldn't have Frolov at the very top of the list as he is the best combination of potential and production out of any of the draftees.

David A. Rainer is offline  
Old
02-22-2005, 08:20 PM
  #18
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,280
vCash: 500
Good post DFA, agree.
So here is my half arsed glance of a stab hat in the ring thing.

1 Fro
2 Vis
3 Brown
4 Grebs
5 Cammy
6 Tuk
7 Push
8 Pirnes
9 Huet
10 Boyle
11 Tambs
12 Kanko
13 Lehoux
14 Lilja
15 Bednar
16 Anshakov
17 Petiot
18 Guerin
19 Baier
20 James
21 Parse
22 Hogeboom
23 Zaba
24 Mantyla
25 Rome
26 Murry
27 Murphy
28 Steckel
29 Munce
30 Lukacevic

Close calls;
Fuku
Neilson
Karlsson
Eriksson
Lyubushin
Federov
Juntunen

If you don't like this list, tough! It's my list and it is made up of the players and prospects that *I* think are our best and some that *were* decent for us. Now some may turn out better, and some will fall off this list and can be easily replaced with the incoming draft. Will all 30 play in the bigs? Of course not, but how many of anybodies top 30 in the past few drafts would? Why am I explaining myself? I need a nap.

Fat Elvis is offline  
Old
02-22-2005, 11:44 PM
  #19
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
*^^%$! Friggin' server got too busy after I made my list! Let's try this again...

Top 30... and I think most will disagree with my assessment, but I'm basing this on potential, production, and progress

1. Frolov (he's simply been phenomenal)
2. Visnovsky (I still say he's a better defenseman than Norstrom)
3. Brown (Getting better each and every day)
4. Cammalleri (Looks like he's disproving the whole attitude knocks on him)
5. Pushkarev (Really performing better than I expected)
6. Grebeshkov (Would actually be higher, but has actually regressed this season, in my opinion)
7. Huet (The best goalie we've drafted in... a long time)
8. Pirnes (Was a great 2-way player for us last season... better than almost anyone else)
9. Boyle (production is still kinda low... but his potential and progress is what impresses me)
10. Tukonen (I'm wary about being so high on the "flavor of the month" but many accounts say he's a great prospect)
11. Lilja (Hey, when you have a goon who wishes he was you, you have to give some props)
12. Lehoux (If he can have the same kind of production next season as he had this season, expect him to move up at least six spots)
13. Tambellini (I really want to put him higher, but would rather wait till the end of the NCAA season to see where he stands)
14. Petiot (Not appreciated enough; probably won't ever put up good numbers, but it's a sin to look over a solid stay-at-home defenseman)
15. Kanko (Does everything well... except putting up points. Will be a good energy player though)
16. Guerin (Been on a tear, and has simply been a steal)
17. Parse (See Guerin)
18. Anshakov (If he were more consistent with the numbers he put up, he'd be higher)
19. Rome (A good defenseman with some offensive potential)
20. Baier (Not putting up any eye-popping numbers, but he is only a Freshman. I expect to see him move up in the near future)
21. James (Looked like Craig Johnson in the ECHL all-star game... but even CJ had a purpose. Just needs to be more patient with the puck, and not throw it away so quickly)
22. Hogeboom (bad numbers this season, with limited potential. Still would make a good defensive forward)
23. Zaba (Beginning to look like a better draftee than Munce in 2003)
24. Bednar (The fact that I almost forgot about him should be a telling sign)
25. Murray (He's got a lot of King in him, because of his injuries. His size is becoming an issue for me)
26. Munce (I don't know if he faces so many shots because of poor defense or poor rebound control. Either way, he seems less consistent than his 2003 counterpart, Zaba)
27. Marsters (I liked his ECHL all-star game, even though he played only one period.)
28. Lukacevic (decent WHL numbers... was going at nearly a point per game for the first half of the season. Should play in one more WHL season and I'm sure he'll move up)
29. Karlsson (Oy, a Viking who refuses to cross the ocean!)
30. Mantyla (I shall call him... Mini Me!)

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
02-23-2005, 12:08 PM
  #20
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet
 
Dave in LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
Who would you rather have: Prince Fielder or Jose Valentine?

I'd still rather have Fielder because the risk of Fielder not becoming the next great power-hitting 1B (which is what BA is touting him as) is less than the loss of production gained by not taking Valentine.

In other words, there is a balancing being performed between potential and production. At some point, you will take potential over production and at another point you'd take production over potential. It creeps along on a sliding scale and is only a matter of prefence. I can see why someone would or wouldn't for both sides. I can't knock someone for taking Grebeshkov over Visnovski simply because Visnovski has had the bigger impact at the NHL level. But I could also see why one would take Visnovski over Grebs.

Personally, I wouldn't put Visnovski in my Top 2 (maybe my Top 5). But I can't see how anyone wouldn't have Frolov at the very top of the list as he is the best combination of potential and production out of any of the draftees.
I see what you are saying. However, I am not choosing either player, just rating them.

Visnovski from his rookie year has had a huge impact on this team. Maybe because he was an overaged euro when he drafted. Nonetheless, you cannot deny the huge impact he has had.

Grebs has the potential to be a Lidstrom type player. But as of right now, he is still a prospect. He is right there though along with Cammy & Brown.

The team to build around is there with Frolov, Cammy, Brown, Grebs, Garon, Gleason, Kostopoulos. Now they just have to round out the roster with solid vets and by making impact trades.

Once the season starts again it is going to be an exciting time to be a kings fan.

D

Dave in LA is offline  
Old
02-23-2005, 12:18 PM
  #21
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA
The team to build around is there with Frolov, Cammy, Brown, Grebs, Garon, Gleason, Kostopoulos. Now they just have to round out the roster with solid vets and by making impact trades.
I would add Petiot, Tabellini and Kanko/Pushkarev to that group. Also remember that Avery is still young.

 
Old
02-23-2005, 01:08 PM
  #22
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,280
vCash: 500
Build around TK??

Fat Elvis is offline  
Old
02-23-2005, 01:18 PM
  #23
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Build around TK??
He is 29 , but The Kings were really lucky to sign him. In the nhl , He could be a solid third liner or fringe second liner.
He's a good guy to hold onto.

 
Old
02-23-2005, 01:59 PM
  #24
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I would add Petiot, Tabellini and Kanko/Pushkarev to that group. Also remember that Avery is still young.
Again, my man Tukonen gets no love.........

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-23-2005, 02:19 PM
  #25
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33
Again, my man Tukonen gets no love.........
It's too early....
When more of his potential is turned to skill he will get love.

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.