HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

[XBOX] NHL 13 GM Connected League Part IV - 2014-2015 Regular Season, 7 Spots Open!

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 12:59 AM
CCF23

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
How can we go any slower? people are still getting inactive, lowering the sims to 1 day a week would kill the league entirely. We need to keep this pace going, and if people can't keep up, this isn't the right league for them.
My decreased level of activity this season is because I feel like the sim schedule is too fast. I got a couple almost complete portions of my schedule simmed, and the season suddenly begins to mean less to me.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:05 AM
hic2482w1

Maybe you should send a message to everybody and see if they want to stay in the league... Then kick everyone who says that they aren't gonna be an active gm. I Know lots of gms who would love to play in an active league. BTW, is everyone in this league on PST?

Old
01-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hic2482w1 View Post
Maybe you should send a message to everybody and see if they want to stay in the league... Then kick everyone who says that they aren't gonna be an active gm. I Know lots of gms who would love to play in an active league. BTW, is everyone in this league on PST?
everyone except for Phoenix, he's in the UK.

Well, do you guys want the sims to be reduced to once a week? I don't but this is a democracy (for now ) and everyone should have a say.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Old
01-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Eddie Vedder

we could drop it, conceivably, to one a week - for awhile atleast.

Im going to be very busy in January and wont be able to play very much at all

Old
01-03-2013, 10:46 AM
FlamesFreak4
Sven'sational!

Quote:
everyone except for Phoenix, he's in the UK.
I'm EST.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Mdmopa1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFreak4 View Post
I'm EST.
When are you gonna be on to play out game?

Old
01-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe

Quote:
You don't know how many people use that for an excuse to just bail on games, I'm in other leagues and people do it all the time, it's just one strike, we need to keep our rules tight.
He says that because he actually knows that my Xbox is on the fritz I suspect, because we talked about going to buy a new one on Boxing Day.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe

I honestly think it could help. I lose interest because I never know where I am in the season than I log in, and half my team is injured. This is the list of players I have had injured or are injured right now.

Kessel
Cogliano
Phaneuf
Reimer
MacArthur
Burrows
Kulemin
Bieksa

Right now both Bieksa and Phaneuf are out. My 3rd pair is a 68 and 69 AHL pair.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:09 PM
camwise

Ok peoples, so if we are going down to one day a week, every single draft pick is up for grabs!!! Send me your offers

Red Wings Out

Old
01-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Alright, well after Saturday's sim, I won't advance until next Saturday and we can see if you guys like that better.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:32 PM
CSC5

Quote:
Alright, well after Saturday's sim, I won't advance until next Saturday and we can see if you guys like that better.
Just to play Devil's Advocate here, going down to one sim per week may cause others to lose interest. It seems there are a large number of GMs who are never online or wanting to play their games. There have been many sim periods where I have gotten 3 or 4 games done within the first couple days and then just been waiting for the sim because the same GMs are never online to play.

I don't mean to be controversial; just adding my own two cents. All that being said, it is probably a good idea to test out the one sim/week rate if there are a few GMs that would like a slow down.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC5 View Post
Just to play Devil's Advocate here, going down to one sim per week may cause others to lose interest. It seems there are a large number of GMs who are never online or wanting to play their games. There have been many sim periods where I have gotten 3 or 4 games done within the first couple days and then just been waiting for the sim because the same GMs are never online to play.

I don't mean to be controversial; just adding my own two cents. All that being said, it is probably a good idea to test out the one sim/week rate if there are a few GMs that would like a slow down.
In that case, we'd be better suited adding a rule that if you don't think you can play your games by Thursday, you enable your CPU. Giving the teams that are ready to go 2 days to play the less active teams CPUs.

I will likely actually play more once the SIM is slowed.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
camwise

Wings here...

Offering up the next 4 first round draft picks for the next 4 years for your top players!!!!

Old
01-03-2013, 03:23 PM
CSC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Bones View Post
In that case, we'd be better suited adding a rule that if you don't think you can play your games by Thursday, you enable your CPU. Giving the teams that are ready to go 2 days to play the less active teams CPUs.

I will likely actually play more once the SIM is slowed.
That sounds like a good idea in theory but I doubt these guys would go online just to change to CPU to get a beatdown by the other teams.

The Sabres are on a western swing: send me an invite/message/post on here to play.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC5 View Post
That sounds like a good idea in theory but I doubt these guys would go online just to change to CPU to get a beatdown by the other teams.
It's better then having your teams decimated by injuries.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:32 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Bones View Post
It's better then having your teams decimated by injuries.
I will not enable my CPU. It's an automatic loss. The CPU is horrible. I'd rather take my chances with the injuries.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
I will not enable my CPU. It's an automatic loss. The CPU is horrible. I'd rather take my chances with the injuries.
Yep. The only reason my record is respectable is beating up on the cpu.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:02 PM
ubiquitous
More like Shredder

I hate playing in this league because everyone is so much better than me and they run up the score and then do the stupid glove drag/fist pump celebration.

#sadbuttrue

The celebrations after goals piss me off more than anything else. If I lose 10-0 I don't care, but as soon as they do a glove drag/fist pump I want to throw my XBOX out the window.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
I hate playing in this league because everyone is so much better than me and they run up the score and then do the stupid glove drag/fist pump celebration.

#sadbuttrue

The celebrations after goals piss me off more than anything else. If I lose 10-0 I don't care, but as soon as they do a glove drag/fist pump I want to throw my XBOX out the window.
Yeah theres like 2-3 teams I just wont play anymore.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:14 PM
camwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post

#sadbuttrue

ya the goal celebrations piss me off to no end, its really nice when it adds fuel to the fire and you end up winning the game!!

Old
01-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Mdmopa1

Montreal when will you be on?

Old
01-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Slapshot_11

I hate when people do that stupid celebration **** after goals too

Old
01-03-2013, 06:09 PM
CSC5

Whoa jeez I didn't know that stupid celebration offended so many people. I take it at least a couple of you are talking about me directly. It's just a habit I've been doing it for a while.

I won't do it anymore, my bad.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmopa1 View Post
Montreal when will you be on?
I'll be on tonight from 7 until whenever I pass out.

Maybe its time for another activity check soon, then we can crack down on people who don't do anything in this league. If people leave their CPU on and don't play, I'm perfectly fine with that. But it's people who are too lazy to even turn on their CPU that get on their nerves.

And I don't celebrate after goals, I let the auto-celebration do it's thing, unless the other person snowboats and watches the replays after goals. Then I go nuts.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Mdmopa1

Quote:
I'll be on tonight from 7 until whenever I pass out.

Maybe its time for another activity check soon, then we can crack down on people who don't do anything in this league. If people leave their CPU on and don't play, I'm perfectly fine with that. But it's people who are too lazy to even turn on their CPU that get on their nerves.

And I don't celebrate after goals, I let the auto-celebration do it's thing, unless the other person snowboats and watches the replays after goals. Then I go nuts.
I'm online right now

Closed Thread