HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Jan 6/13: CBA reached to end the Lockout. Rejoice! (Post#783)

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2012, 02:28 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbows of Bure View Post
Oh, from HFBoards, circa 2007-08. Then again, even if we give you the benefit of the doubt on Jokinen... Cammalleri & Gaborik
There's no benefit of the doubt on Jokinen. I never said I would trade the Sedins for Jokinen...ever. That's just 100% crap.

I did say I would let them walk and sign Cammalleri and Gaborik instead; however, I also did say that I wouldn't have given Cammalleri and Gaborik the contracts that they signed either. I misjudged the market completely that year.

12-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Wasn't Cammalleri the ringer he wanted? What an explosive offence we would have had
Can't believe how often people get it wrong. Pretty sure he hated Jokinen too. I believe it was Gaborik and Cammalleri. However, I was gunning for some Slovaks with Gaborik and Hossa. I still think a Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa line would have ripped up even though Demo didn't like playing center.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:31 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
A league that cancels a season every few years is a complete joke.
Your preference for voiding all contracts is sickening.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:32 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Injektilo View Post
Your preference for supporting a league that cancels an entire season every few years is sickening. If there is an alternative solution then I'm all ears.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:33 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
Your preference for supporting a league that cancels an entire season every few years is sickening. If there is an alternative solution then I'm all ears.
Please quote me where I said "I support a league that cancels an entire season every few years".

Or retract this post.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:36 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Please quote me where I said "I support a league that cancels an entire season every few years".

Or retract this post.
What other alternative is there at this point?

Old
12-16-2012, 02:37 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
What other alternative is there at this point?
Please comply to my request. Where did I say that I support cancelling the season? Show me.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Quote:
I find both situations rather sickening, to be honest. If it does come to voiding contracts, that would be extremely bush league, but at least we'd have hockey back. If we locked out every 6-7 years and possibly lose a season every time that happens, that's even more bush. Both situations are unfavourable in my view. Makes you wonder how this all would have gone if both sides argued like adults rather than children. I wonder how many of those guys in there are Christian - pride and greed are sins that have driven this lockout out of hand.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:42 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I find both situations rather sickening, to be honest. If it does come to voiding contracts, that would be extremely bush league, but at least we'd have hockey back. If we locked out every 6-7 years and possibly lose a season every time that happens, that's even more bush. Both situations are unfavourable in my view. Makes you wonder how this all would have gone if both sides argued like adults rather than children. I wonder how many of those guys in there are Christian - pride and greed are sins that have driven this lockout out of hand.
The best option might be to have Bettman and Fehr settle the lockout inside the Octagon, with the result being binding for 25 years. Sadly, this option would probably result in less damage than what injektilo and I are arguing about.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:43 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
I find both situations rather sickening, to be honest. If it does come to voiding contracts, that would be extremely bush league, but at least we'd have hockey back.
To be honest, I find the voiding of the contracts far more damaging - because it takes away the league's legitimacy in the eyes of the public, and without any assurance that there won't be more work stoppage down the road.

Quote:
I wonder how many of those guys in there are Christian - pride and greed are sins that have driven this lockout out of hand.
Huh???

Old
12-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Voiding all contracts is far more of a "nuclear" option than cancelling the season. It would turn the league into a complete joke.
If the NHL wants to avoid the "nuclear option", they should stop with the bullying and actually negotiate. Offering "take it or leave it" deals and threats of taking offers off the table don't help anything and only push the PA into seeking alternatives that nobody is going to like.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:44 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
To be honest, I find the voiding of the contracts far more damaging - because it takes away the league's legitimacy in the eyes of the public, and without any assurance that there won't be more work stoppage down the road.

Huh???
How could there be a work stoppage if there's no union?

I find the league cancelling a full season every few years to be extremely damaging. I don't know of any league that has gone through this.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:45 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
The best option might be to have Bettman and Fehr settle the lockout inside the Octagon, with the result being binding for 25 years. Sadly, this option would probably result in less damage than what injektilo and I are arguing about.
I notice you refused to either retract or prove your assertion.

Typical.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:45 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
How could there be a work stoppage if there's no union?
What makes you think the players would not form another PA?

Old
12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:

So pretty much everything I said except for saying it's worse...I don't know. Voiding contracts and not having a trophy won every 6-7 years for such petty reasons are both horrendously stupid to me. Call it the frivolously stupid dilemma.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Ummm....I would absolutely love it if this happened. Every team would essentially be turned upsidedown. Crosby in Vancouver? Doubt it, but at least we would have a new core (hopefully).
y2k: "With the first overall pick in the NHL Redistribution Draft Vancouver selects..... Roberto Luongo".

We could get a better team but in doing so the NHL would become the biggest joke league out there! Seriously XFL>>>>>NHL if that hapened

Quote:
I notice you refused to either retract or prove your assertion.

Typical.
I remember in a Luongo thread he was asking some other poster to do the same: If you've got another poster by the balls they'll ignore you.

Has anyone thought about how hard its going to be cheering for the players once all is said & done?

Old
12-16-2012, 02:47 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
If the NHL wants to avoid the "nuclear option", they should stop with the bullying and actually negotiate. Offering "take it or leave it" deals and threats of taking offers off the table don't help anything and only push the PA into seeking alternatives that nobody is going to like.
A deal was within reach. Both sides are to blame, and truthfully they deserve each other.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post

Has anyone thought about how hard its going to be cheering for the players once all is said & done?
No, why?

Quote:
A deal was within reach. Both sides are to blame, and truthfully they deserve each other.
A deal has always been "within reach", the owners just choose to not reach very far to make a deal. I do agree that both sides do share in some blame, but at this point owners are the ones holding up any sort of deal. Players have made the most significant movements throughout the process, owners have not.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
I remember in a Luongo thread he was asking some other poster to do the same: If you've got another poster by the balls they'll ignore you.
I'll only ignore a post if I believe the poster to be unworthwhile, unreasonable, or if the post is homogeneous to another post. If I believe I'm by the balls, I'll usually acknowledge defeat. Can't speak for everyone though.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:20 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
I'll only ignore a post if I believe the poster to be unworthwhile, unreasonable, or if the post is homogeneous to another post. If I believe I'm by the balls, I'll usually acknowledge defeat. Can't speak for everyone though.
That's what I can't stand about this forum. You say something that can be construed as an ad hom, you get an infraction.

But somehow there's nothing wrong with blatant lies and making **** up. And yet we're expected to have a civilized conversation.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
No, why?
I know I personally will find it hard cheering for these guys after all this. They may have started playing for the love of the game but thats no longer the case. Money is there be all end all now... its a real shame. Someone should force NHL players to work an average 40 hour work week at like $10/hour & realize how lucky they have it. Make them realize they play a GAME for a living & that the majority of them make more in a single year then most of us in a life time.

Quote:
That's what I can't stand about this forum. You say something that can be construed as an ad hom, you get an infraction.

But somehow there's nothing wrong with blatant lies and making **** up. And yet we're expected to have a civilized conversation.
And if you point out something like say an entire fan base being trolled & it being allowed in the end you just get your post deleted & told to "suck it up". Main boards are a joke to post in if you support this team.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:

Well, in a community as big as this one, you are bound to run into a few wing nuts. The general rule of thumb with ad hom is to attack/criticize the poster's views instead of the opinion. Therefore: That is literally the worst argument I've ever seen is not ad hom, and your opinions are always stupid might be treated as ad hom.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:29 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
Well, in a community as big as this one, you are bound to run into a few wing nuts. The general rule of thumb with ad hom is to attack/criticize the poster's views instead of the opinion. Therefore: That is literally the worst argument I've ever seen is not ad hom, and your opinions are always stupid might be treated as ad hom.
You lie and you make **** up - no problem.

You call a poster a liar and making **** up - problem.

No wonder so many great posters have left here years ago, and Pauser is so prolific around here.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:30 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Please comply to my request. Where did I say that I support cancelling the season? Show me.
Its clear you are pro owner, and anti-Fehr....thus you are on the side of the owners who's negotiating ploy is to lockout the players everytime the CBA expires.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Canucker

Quote:
I know I personally will find it hard cheering for these guys after all this. They may have started playing for the love of the game but thats no longer the case. Money is there be all end all now... its a real shame. Someone should force NHL players to work an average 40 hour work week at like $10/hour & realize how lucky they have it. Make them realize they play a GAME for a living & that the majority of them make more in a single year then most of us in a life time.
I'm sure most of the players realize they are pretty damn lucky to have the lives they have, but if they are the primary reason people watch NHL hockey they should be properly compensated for their contributions. Would it make you feel better if they made minimum wage and the owners and Bettman made all the billions of dollars? Your post oozes of jealousy and misdirected anger.

Closed Thread