HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 3/11) *Part II*

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Anyone think Fasth/Lindberg will play for the Rangers by the end of the year?
I cant tell but it's interesting to follow them and you can't ask for all that much more.

I definitely think Fasth has "it", but he broke a leg less than a year ago and have had a troublesome flu bug for a couple of months this season. I don't know if thats it, but he has been a tad more inconsistent INSTEAD of taking a big step in his development -- like you want from all prospects in that age. Sometimes still it's like he has been wind up and he jus keeps going on the ice at a level above everyone else. I've heard people label him as the most interesting young player in Swedish hockey. But for stretches this year he slows down a little and he instantly becomes alot more mediocre. I think he has potential to become a mix of roughly like Callahan and Hagelin. Or he could "not". Time will tell. He needs a "good" 8 months to camp for sure to challenge right away.

Lindberg is a very fine hockey player. Some snarl offensively. Decent size. Great attitude and FO ability. But he definitely don't have the "motor" of a star in the NHL, or a typical Swedish NHLer even. How will that transform to the NA game? It's very hard to tell. Or I don't know. Like, Travis Zajac gets by just fine but say a Jarkko Immonen had a painfully hard time to get involved, but skate basically at the same level. OL is decen 2-ways and I like that. He is calm with the puck and can think the game at a high level under pressure and at a high level. I love that. He is not a physical specimen, that what's worries me a bit.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Ola

How about Calle Anderssons little brother, he looks great!

Old
01-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I think the only way we see these guys later in the season is if we've fallen so far out of the playoff race that we're okay with rotating in a few rookies. Then again, you never know just how confident a organization is in a player.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:55 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Fasth has the most potential to be a pure offensive player out of all the Rangers prospects. He might be that last piece to put them over the top.

This team isn't winning anything with the bottom six they have now. They need Fasth, Lindberg, and Miller to add some speed/skill to the bottom six and maybe even top 6 in Fasth's case.

Their contracts do count this year regardless per the SEL Transfer Agreement so if the Rangers are in a playoff position and they get their release from the National Teams (well, the Swedes) I can see them jum;ing right in. Sather said he'd explore any option with the interview he gave to the NYPost.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I don't think Fasth got an assist. He had just the goal. Either way, he's leading his team in scoring per game.

Lindberg, on the other hand, did get 1+1 tonight.

Lindberg has 0.86 points per game and Fasth has 0.76, but Jesper has lesser linemates so I would say his numbers are more impressive. Lindberg is #5 in the SEL (#6 per game) and Fasth is #10. Not bad as far as SEL goes. We could've really used them in the AHL this year.

Last edited by Beacon: 01-23-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

During the broadcast last night Pierre started to mention Andrej Sustr and how he should be getting some looks from NHL squads as an undrafted college free agent.

It's important to remember now, that this 6'8" defensive monster was invited to a Rangers prospects camp 2 years back. As far as I know, that's the only contact Sustr has had with NHL teams. Hopefully the Rangers give him a look as a free agent.

Would never mind giving a 6'8" guy a shot.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Sustr, I'd give it a shot, I like what I've seen. People will mention Chara cause of the size, but watching him play defense he reminds me a bit of Marc Staal.

Undertaker insurance

Old
01-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

There is a lot of undrafted talent on that Nebraska team that deserves a look.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
NYR Viper

I would love Sustr. Add him and Bell and the organization all of a sudden has good defensive depth coming along.....

McIlrath
Skjei
Sustr
Noreau
Bell
Ceresnak
Andersson

Old
01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I don't think Fasth got an assist. He had just the goal. Either way, he's leading his team in scoring per game.

Lindberg, on the other hand, did get 1+1 tonight.

Lindberg has 0.86 points per game and Fasth has 0.76, but Jesper has lesser linemates so I would say his numbers are more impressive. Lindberg is #5 in the SEL (#6 per game) and Fasth is #10. Not bad as far as SEL goes. We could've really used them in the AHL this year.
You've got it backward: Lindberg had a goal, Fasth had one and one. Just double-checked.

Lindberg now averages .83 points per game (35 in 42), with Fasth at .79 (27 in 34). That's as of this moment.

Färjestads plays soon, but it looks like Andersson is a scratch.

It's just pain.
Old
01-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Pizza

I'm remembering this guy now. You can't teach 6-8. How does he drop off the radar for so long a time? Interesting.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

A while back, Sather indicated players currently in Eurpoe could potentially join the Rangers at the end of their season. Ola, when exactly would SHL season end and playoffs be over?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:36 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
A while back, Sather indicated players currently in Eurpoe could potentially join the Rangers at the end of their season. Ola, when exactly would SHL season end and playoffs be over?
Wednesday April 24th is the last possible date for play in the SEL playoffs as this would be the date for game 7. Some things indicate that this might be a matchup between HV71 (Fast) and Skellefteå AIK (Lindberg). I dunno

Old
01-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Sustr definitely has some upside. The thing you need to watch out for with guys his size are skating and puck handling. He can do both quite well.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
NYR Viper

I would say he reminds me more of Tyler Myers than Chara.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:58 PM
dumpin

Sustr

Sustr = a blast from the past Kjell Sammuelsson, the "human tripod"

who I always thought was a decent d man.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/atrplayer.htm?id=8451105

Old
01-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would say he reminds me more of Tyler Myers than Chara.
Agreed. He has a lot of mobility and puck control. Love the guy! Should definitely get a look by NYR again. If not he will most likely get recognized by someone else. I'm hoping that they bring Bell back though.

Heres a featurette on Sustr two years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--jOSZ4yNrM

And goals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09RTHWCTzFU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INxPNKZ8oeY

And can hold his own
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHT5feBkzk

Old
01-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Mid-April at the earliest, and probably around like the 22nd or something at the latest.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Sustr is tall, but skinny. Not too much skill.

In the summer of 1995, I wanted the Rangers to sign Kjell and Ott instead of signing Driver, Geoff Courtnall and Ferraro, and trading Zubov and Nedved for Robitaille and Ulf. I even called in to NY1 to discuss it at the time.

Graves - Messier - Verbeek
Courtnall - Nedved - Kovalev
Matteau - Otto - Sundstrom
Langdon - Nemchinov - Presley/Kocur

Leetch - Beukeboom
Kjell - Zubov
Lowe - Lidster

That's a much better lineup than what we fielded. Could've won a Cup without sacrificing three future All Stars: Zubov, Norstrom and Nedved.

Last edited by Beacon: 01-24-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 01:45 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Fast nets one. His 16th. In the 3rd, HV71 up 4-0 against AIK...

Old
01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Fasth finished with a goal and +1. Lindberg was scoreless, even, 2 PIM.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Ola

We need to look up when Fasth and Lindberg can come over.

Pelle Mårts, the national team coach, is planning for very few NHLers in the WCH's due to the NHL season being delayed. Both Fasth and Lindberg could make the national team, while none of them are "locks".

I would guess that neither can go before they've been released by the national team. If so -- I doubt they can join before the very last games of the season (say a week before the PO's).

Old
01-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Nieves on Channel 404 and Skjei on Channel 405 on Cablevision.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
We need to look up when Fasth and Lindberg can come over.

Pelle Mårts, the national team coach, is planning for very few NHLers in the WCH's due to the NHL season being delayed. Both Fasth and Lindberg could make the national team, while none of them are "locks".

I would guess that neither can go before they've been released by the national team. If so -- I doubt they can join before the very last games of the season (say a week before the PO's).

I know people liked having Kreider last playoffs when he was useful in some of the games he played in, but let's not make it a habit of bringing up kids for just a few games. When we are in cap hell in a couple of years, we'll regret this very much. One guy is ok, but we can't have every prospect be rushed. There's nothing to suggest that Fast and Lindberg would be major game breakers for us. Nor would being rushed help most prospects.

If they come over, they should go to the AHL. Let's hope Hartford can make the playoffs. If so, Lindberg and Fast would be major help down there.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:05 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I know people liked having Kreider last playoffs when he was useful in some of the games he played in, but let's not make it a habit of bringing up kids for just a few games. When we are in cap hell in a couple of years, we'll regret this very much. One guy is ok, but we can't have every prospect be rushed. There's nothing to suggest that Fast and Lindberg would be major game breakers for us. Nor would being rushed help most prospects.

If they come over, they should go to the AHL. Let's hope Hartford can make the playoffs. If so, Lindberg and Fast would be major help down there.
we wudnt be wasting a contract year on them though since they are already using their 1st ELC year this season while on loan in sweden.

Closed Thread