HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Any thoughts on the top 16 yr olds coming to WHL

Old
06-08-2017, 12:17 AM
Trav

vCash: 500
Any thoughts on the top 16 yr olds coming to WHL

this season. Curious to hear who people think will put pucks in the net this year whether their forwards or d-men.

It's more of a general question and not looking for who the best players all around, just the guys should score at the WHL level among the 2001 born class Thanks

Last edited by Trav: 06-08-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Stive Morgan
See you at the draft

vCash: 172
Not a 2001 born but a late 2000, Nolan Foote will probably tear it up next year.

Expecting big seasons from Kirby Dach, Peyton Krebs, Josh Williams, Dylan Cozens, Matthew Robertson, and Dustin Wolf (albeit as a backup)

Not sure if he's playing for Vancouver next season but Bowen Byram should be good too.

06-08-2017, 01:06 AM
SpoolCat

Dylan Cozens was excellent for Lethbridge in the playoffs. Kirby Dach, Peyton Krebs, Bowen Byram and Logan Barlage are all highly touted as well.

SpoolCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Zaddy Zads

I don't know much about any of these guys, but from highlights Kirby Dach looks very promising. Excited to see what he can bring next year.

Zaddy Zads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 08:38 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
I personally like Tyler Ho. Hard to see how much offensive potential he has considering he only got fourth line minutes in his games with Giants this season. However, he looked well built for a 16 year old, read the defensive game at a EXTREMELY high level, and possesses the hockey intelligence on the ice which is something you like to see from young kids.

Considering that the Giants are rebuilding, there is a good chance he will get a long look at training camp in the fall. Perhaps even get 2nd line minutes if his offensive tools continue to develop and shine through.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Miker2k

I'm interested to see how Luke Toporowski does in Spokane. As a 1st round pick I certainly have high expectations.

Miker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Stive Morgan
See you at the draft

vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I personally like Tyler Ho. Hard to see how much offensive potential he has considering he only got fourth line minutes in his games with Giants this season. However, he looked well built for a 16 year old, read the defensive game at a EXTREMELY high level, and possesses the hockey intelligence on the ice which is something you like to see from young kids.

Considering that the Giants are rebuilding, there is a good chance he will get a long look at training camp in the fall. Perhaps even get 2nd line minutes if his offensive tools continue to develop and shine through.
The Giants certainly have a lot of great young pieces with Byram, Ho, Miner, Kannok-Leipert, and Barfoot. I hope the rebuild goes well for them.

Stive Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 05:11 PM
leaflover
Stanley Cup 2022

vCash: 40352
Dang, a friend of mine used to scout midget hockey in western Canada/U.S but packed it in a couple years ago. He'd of had a wealth of information.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote