Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

No on DVD yes on rerun?

Old
12-06-2012, 06:10 AM
wetcamelfood

vCash: 500
No on DVD yes on rerun?

In watching NESN's quest for the cup reruns of the '11 playoff games I was surprised to see they left the Looch taunting Burrows part in Game 3 (yet it was cut from the official DVD set of games). I know the big thing with NHL Productions is that they will only license footage if it shows the NHL in (what they deem to be) "in a positive light". Thankfully I have the full version anyway due to dafoomie but it makes you wonder why they let NESN show it but not on the DVD (assuming they felt that didn't show the NHL in a positive way)? Thoughts?

wetcamelfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 07:24 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
In watching NESN's quest for the cup reruns of the '11 playoff games I was surprised to see they left the Looch taunting Burrows part in Game 3 (yet it was cut from the official DVD set of games). I know the big thing with NHL Productions is that they will only license footage if it shows the NHL in (what they deem to be) "in a positive light". Thankfully I have the full version anyway due to dafoomie but it makes you wonder why they let NESN show it but not on the DVD (assuming they felt that didn't show the NHL in a positive way)? Thoughts?
No need to watch it again, we all know what kind of a jackwagon Burrows and the rest of em are

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Concessionaire
My Precious

The NHL likes to clean things up for the national market, but it lets the local markets have more leeway.

Concessionaire is offline   Reply With Quote