HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2012, 11:59 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Windsor:
Koekkoek
Menard
Mathers

To Petes:
Bateman
Meletta
Verbeek
Bowen
3rd any year
4th any year

Main pieces for Windsor:Koekoek who will dramatically improve the back end and Menard who fills the OA slot.
Main pieces for Petes: Meletta, Bateman...high potential who haven't produced...a change of scenory and a bigger role could help.

To Windsor:
Gustavsen
Vlajkov

To 67's:
Kouchmey
Mcnoughton
Studnicka
3rd any year

Windsor adds a smaller but faster forward who plays good defense and can put the puck in the net and he's a 94 so he will be back next year, alon with a bigger 95 defenseman.
Ottawa gets a bit younger and add Studnicka who hasent got any good chances here but he gives 110% every shift and has some grit, they have goalie trouble and Kouchmey might get more of a fair shake in Ottawa his numbers in Juniour B are very impressive and a move to the 67's might be able to jump start his ohl career.

To Guelph:
Posa

To Windsor:
2nd Rd. 2013 or 2014.

I know a lot of people are going to say he isent worth a second, but if there a team making a run I Bielefeld he's worth it he's only going to put up around 20-25 points but he's very solid defensively and makes limited mistakes and brings leadership and I'm sure DJ knows everything he will bring, Windsor adds a very important second.
Spitsfan67

Let me deal with the trades proposed each one at a time
Deal #1- re Peterborough- now way would I deal 6 assets that have 2-4 years left for 1 player who has 1 and 1/2 KoekKoek,another who has 1 Menard,and another who is a legit tough guy with average skill who will turn pro next yr
The trade does not address the real need for scoring,peterborough would be reluctant to deal with Windsor,edc pks dont add up for the Ptes either, Koekkoek will turn pro,while Balteman and Maletta might not,just too much youth,besides Maletta and Bateman might refuse to go and who would blame them
Deal #2- I would go for that trade,your rational is reasonable
not sure Ottawa would but all in all a reasonable trade for all parties
Deal #3- re Posa -Guelph
While I like the pick,i dont think Guelph would do it,they dont have a pressing need on the back end having just acquired Beukeboom,they would have to dump an O/A to go forward,either their backup goalie or Mcnaughton,and I dont see that happening

Old
12-19-2012, 12:04 PM
izzys

but putting joking aside spits need to trade a good chuck of the roster

Ebert
Maletta
Posa
Bateman
Bowen

I would also like them to trade

marchese
both clarkes
pav
and maybe even johnson

i think we move those players out we would get something good in return and actually build a good hockey team here

Old
12-19-2012, 12:16 PM
RayzorIsDull

As for the deal Legend mentioned with Oshawa just say no. Altshuller nice but that will stunt the development of DeKort and mean you all but wasted a 2nd round pick on him in 2011. As Legend said Uvira is just a body no need to get him. Cassels would have some decent value but he doesn't really increase the talent level. If Windsor is talking about trading Maletta and Bateman you're most likely getting another teams problem. I would prefer just getting draft picks even if they are 2nd or 3rd rounders even 4th rounders. You can easily replace the contribution of Bateman by calling up Brown for the rest of the year. Maletta is a 3rd/4th line guy right now you could probably get the same production from Graham.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:19 PM
hockeylegend11

Izzy

Let me go thru some of the trades u proposed
1- the deal with the Petes where u would deal 8 players for 6 coming back
1st of all I doubt Peterborough has 8 A cards to use,while the 6 coming back would exhaust all the A cards left for Windsor,but leaving no room for Koko to come back,or any other player move whether its a signing or trade
As well u leave the roster at 20 players,with 0 spares,0 A cards to spare,I dont see a team doing that zero flexibility,the only thing was the edc packs lined up other wise a bad deal for both,for the Petes why would take Posa,and Clark 2 o/as,Pavelka when they have a young goalie a 17 year old ready to take the rains,especially when they are not going anywhere.
I admit I like some of the players,I would take out Marchese and Posa, and Ebert,Findlay from the Petes and maybe do the deal,the picks stay,where they are
It would leave alot more flexibility roster for adding a player ie Koko
I just dont see Peterborough doing this deal,in fact take out Pav for D"agnostini too,for reason above,so it becomes 4 for 4 and Peterborough gets the worst of the deal,they just wont do it
Deal # 2- with the SSM Greyhounds
Let me say under no circumstances would the Hounds do this deal,4 of the 5 players u wanted wont be dealt by the Hounds
They want to go young,deal would never happen

Old
12-19-2012, 12:26 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
As for the deal Legend mentioned with Oshawa just say no. Altshuller nice but that will stunt the development of DeKort and mean you all but wasted a 2nd round pick on him in 2011. As Legend said Uvira is just a body no need to get him. Cassels would have some decent value but he doesn't really increase the talent level. If Windsor is talking about trading Maletta and Bateman you're most likely getting another teams problem. I would prefer just getting draft picks even if they are 2nd or 3rd rounders even 4th rounders. You can easily replace the contribution of Bateman by calling up Brown for the rest of the year. Maletta is a 3rd/4th line guy right now you could probably get the same production from Graham.
Re the deal with Oshawa,u can always deal Altshuller if u wish,not sure an 18 year old meaning DeKort could do it by himself next yr,not saying he is not capable,I think that would be a decent tandem,as for Uvira he is better then 4 or 5 forwards anyways on the team,would fit in the top 9,has size and snarl,does not upset the Euro quote,but Cassels to me has top 6 potential and would be the centerpiece of that deal,Maletta as it stands now wont be, Murphys presence I think makes Batemans redundant
Still think its a trade that helps both

Old
12-19-2012, 12:30 PM
izzys

legend

i agree with all of what you are say

i was just having fun to see what our line up would be lol

i know one thing is for sure to ship bateman / maletta/ ebert all packing its going be very hard

due to the fact with the edc pack

Old
12-19-2012, 12:45 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
legend

i agree with all of what you are say

i was just having fun to see what our line up would be lol

i know one thing is for sure to ship bateman / maletta/ ebert all packing its going be very hard

due to the fact with the edc pack
Izzys

I see that, have to say u do have have a fertile imagination lol
As for your more recent post above,yes there are a few players that should be moved,maybe 5 or 6 off that list ,though i see only 3 or 4 leaving at most,unless Rychel cooks a couple big deals

Old
12-19-2012, 12:58 PM
izzys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Izzys

I see that, have to say u do have have a fertile imagination lol
As for your more recent post above,yes there are a few players that should be moved,maybe 5 or 6 off that list ,though i see only 3 or 4 leaving at most,unless Rychel cooks a couple big deals
you know this whole thing start when WR gave a kings randsom to get kerby

every since then its been the dog an pony show.. i can tell u when i went to the the wfcu to see the spits play i used to be pump...

i think even if the big deal isnt there we need to blow this ship up stay with i would say our " core "

for me on the spits roster right now this is who i would like to stay evenone else can find a new play

brady vail
ho-sang
verbeek
sanvido
murphy
sieloff
brown

to me everyone else should / could be traded and i think it would work out well for this team moving forward ...

Old
12-19-2012, 01:07 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:

every since then its been the dog an pony show.. i can tell u when i went to the the wfcu to see the spits play i used to be pump...

i think even if the big deal isnt there we need to blow this ship up stay with i would say our " core "

for me on the spits roster right now this is who i would like to stay evenone else can find a new play

brady vail
ho-sang
verbeek
sanvido
murphy
sieloff
brown

to me everyone else should / could be traded and i think it would work out well for this team moving forward ...
I would put DeKort on your list too

Old
12-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:

brady vail
ho-sang
verbeek
sanvido
murphy
sieloff
brown

Add Kerby wheather you like it or not he is going no where he's dads kid and is going no where 110%, he is the last guy he would trade.

Old
12-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Windsor Chief

Quote:
To Windsor:
Koekkoek
Menard
Mathers

To Petes:
Bateman
Meletta
Verbeek
Bowen
3rd any year
4th any year

Main pieces for Windsor:Koekoek who will dramatically improve the back end and Menard who fills the OA slot.
Main pieces for Petes: Meletta, Bateman...high potential who haven't produced...a change of scenory and a bigger role could help.
nice effort but this trade cannot happen this year !

Old
12-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Petes96

[QUOTE=Spitsfan67;56671187]To Windsor:
Koekkoek
Menard
Mathers

To Petes:
Bateman
Meletta
Verbeek
Bowen
3rd any year
4th any year

nice effort but for one you have already robbed us of one trade this year and second you can not trade Verbeek this year. No 96 can be traded unless he is a first rounder and there is a small window between Dec 27th and Jan 10th

Old
12-20-2012, 06:48 AM
izzys

i wouldnt trade verbeek anyway

he will be our next kenny ryan

Old
12-20-2012, 07:10 AM
KyGuy9

Quote:
i wouldnt trade verbeek anyway

he will be our next kenny ryan
Agree completely. From the way I've seen him play, he will be a big part of the future.

Old
12-20-2012, 07:24 AM
izzys

its funny because im on the fence when itcomes to giving away a kid

look at the deal for eric locke i loved that kid and look what he has turned into

but we saw something in thatkid

not like maletta and bateman i dont see much in there

Old
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Ottomatic

If Monahan was guaranteed to be back next year would you trade Ho-Sang for him in the January window?

(yes, it's impossible for such a guarantee so this is more a thought project)

Old
12-20-2012, 09:32 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
If Monahan was guaranteed to be back next year would you trade Ho-Sang for him in the January window?

(yes, it's impossible for such a guarantee so this is more a thought project)
I probably wouldn't do it. I know this won't surprise anybody but I am not that impressed with Ho-Sang as far as team play goes. He's probably one of the first guys I would take if it was a skill competition but to start a team he would be down the list. Not sure you can win big with a guy like Ho-Sang, if he learns it's about the 19 other guys on the team and not yourself then yes. Until then he's just like Peter Sarno minus the goal scoring ability.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
I probably wouldn't do it. I know this won't surprise anybody but I am not that impressed with Ho-Sang as far as team play goes. He's probably one of the first guys I would take if it was a skill competition but to start a team he would be down the list. Not sure you can win big with a guy like Ho-Sang, if he learns it's about the 19 other guys on the team and not yourself then yes. Until then he's just like Peter Sarno minus the goal scoring ability.
What Ho-Sang do you watch? He has 7 goals and 20 assist...HE IS the best play maker on the team and should be one of the last guys criticized on the team, hes gone past expectations and is playing great I think he actually needs to be a bit more selfish and who's your inside guy to say Josh thinks its all about him and not the team? I haven't seen one selfish act out of him where he thinks it's all about him...

Old
12-20-2012, 10:27 AM
izzys

Quote:
What Ho-Sang do you watch? He has 7 goals and 20 assist...HE IS the best play maker on the team and should be one of the last guys criticized on the team, hes gone past expectations and is playing great I think he actually needs to be a bit more selfish and who's your inside guy to say Josh thinks its all about him and not the team? I haven't seen one selfish act out of him where he thinks it's all about him...
i 100% agree

ho-sang is our best forward at the age of 16 image this kid when he turns 18

this kid is going to be hands down a top 10 pick in the nhl

Old
12-20-2012, 10:28 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
So you haven't seen him try to dangle through the opposing team only to end up putting his own teammates offside? That's the selfish type of move I was referring to. You haven't seen him try to dangle too much in shootouts only to run out of room or just miss the net? We haven't talked about him being lazy in his back checks either but he's not the only one. I don't few this as criticizing I view it as a critique. He's the best playmaker on the team who's team is goign to set a record of futility for fewest goals scored. Like I said some time ago I was a Peter Sarno fan but it didn't end up well for Sarno either. It's looking like that for Ho-Sang as well.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Ottomatic

A 18 yr old Monahan is better than a 16 yr old Ho-Sang for the rest of this year and a 19yr old Monahan is better than a 17 yr old Ho-Sang - If the Spits want to make a bid on the Mem Cup still, I think it would be a trade they'd have to make. However if we're not going to bother bidding because we're crud on the ice, than of course you wouldn't - but then you'd trade guys guys with only one and a half years left.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:46 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
A 18 yr old Monahan is better than a 16 yr old Ho-Sang for the rest of this year and a 19yr old Monahan is better than a 17 yr old Ho-Sang - If the Spits want to make a bid on the Mem Cup still, I think it would be a trade they'd have to make. However if we're not going to bother bidding because we're crud on the ice, than of course you wouldn't - but then you'd trade guys guys with only one and a half years left.
I agree with you.

Izzy talks about how great Ho-Sang will be when he's 18. Who's currently on the roster that would be on a team with Ho-Sang? Maletta but I can't see him being on the team 1.5 years from now. The only one would be Verbeek, no 1st or 2nd in 2013. It wouldn't be a bad move in my mind.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:53 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
I agree with you. Ho-sang still struggles with the TEAM aspect regardless of having 20 assists. He is going to be a hell of a player but he needs to drop the razzle dazzle, move the puck and he can be a more effective player.

Last edited by NHL Fanatic: 12-20-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old
12-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
So you haven't seen him try to dangle through the opposing team only to end up putting his own teammates offside? That's the selfish type of move I was referring to. You haven't seen him try to dangle too much in shootouts only to run out of room or just miss the net? We haven't talked about him being lazy in his back checks either but he's not the only one. I don't few this as criticizing I view it as a critique. He's the best playmaker on the team who's team is goign to set a record of futility for fewest goals scored. Like I said some time ago I was a Peter Sarno fan but it didn't end up well for Sarno either. It's looking like that for Ho-Sang as well.
So what he's a rookie he's going to make mistake you obviously don't remember Hall to well he must have been the most selfish player in the league because he did the exact same thing and sometimes sure hes going to go offside or get striped that doesn't mean he's selfish at least he's trying and no hustle when Backchecking I've seen him hustle back 95% of the time...fewest goals scored Ho-Sang CAN put the puck in the net but he's a bit to unselfish I garuntee you next year he will put up 30+ goals....it's funny it's as if no player on the team is good enough for you with every player you have to bash them for something, what do you expect Hosang to have 20 goals and 35 assist already? He's a freakin rookie and it's a learning process he's not Sid the kid, Gretzky, Mcdavid where they hit the ground running and are already one of the best players in the league.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
So what he's a rookie he's going to make mistake you obviously don't remember Hall to well he must have been the most selfish player in the league because he did the exact same thing and sometimes sure hes going to go offside or get striped that doesn't mean he's selfish at least he's trying and no hustle when Backchecking I've seen him hustle back 95% of the time...fewest goals scored Ho-Sang CAN put the puck in the net but he's a bit to unselfish I garuntee you next year he will put up 30+ goals....it's funny it's as if no player on the team is good enough for you with every player you have to bash them for something, what do you expect Hosang to have 20 goals and 35 assist already? He's a freakin rookie and it's a learning process he's not Sid the kid, Gretzky, Mcdavid where they hit the ground running and are already one of the best players in the league.
Just stop ok you're the same guy that said Hall was on one of the worst teams the Spits had. Hall did pass the puck his first year he had close to 40 assists if I recall correctly. It's funny I bash players but you bash them to so I'm not sure that's an area you want to go to. I expected Ho-Sang to have 20 goals or so this year based on advanced billing. I didn't think that was far fetched. Yes he's a rookie but there are other rookies who are having good seasons if not better than Ho-Sang eg. McDavid, Clarke, McCann, Fabbri, Watson, Salturo, Watson etc.. Ho-Sang isn't in the same class as Hall, Hall won OHL and CHL rookie of the year that isn't going to happen with Ho-Sang. You're right I don't like a lot of players right now because I don't think they're putting forth the effort capable of winning games and the coaching staff isn't doing their job. I have been watching Spitfire hockey since the days of Adam Graves, Kelly Cain, Steve Gibson, Ryan Pawluk and the list goes on. Currently this team is one of the biggest underachieving teams in Windsor Spitfire history.

Closed Thread