HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Section103

vCash: 500
I'll repeat it again: coaching staff are still suspect IMHO.

Game after game you see the same crap over and over again, and I'm not ready to lay that blame on the players entirely.

What worked years ago, is not working now. The coaches need to call themselves out.

I know this is the unpopular opinion, but so be it.

Speaking of unpopular opinions, dump Posa. Seriously. This can't be our actual leader.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:28 PM
OHLTG

What do you have against Posa?

Old
01-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
I'll repeat it again: coaching staff are still suspect IMHO.

Game after game you see the same crap over and over again, and I'm not ready to lay that blame on the players entirely.

What worked years ago, is not working now. The coaches need to call themselves out.

I know this is the unpopular opinion, but so be it.

Speaking of unpopular opinions, dump Posa. Seriously. This can't be our actual leader.
Why shouldn't Posa be Captin? Because he doesn't have 30 points? a leader is not always the leading scorer you no, and there isn't one guy on the team right now that should have the C on there Jersey other then Posa...

Old
01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Section103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Why shouldn't Posa be Captin? Because he doesn't have 30 points? a leader is not always the leading scorer you no, and there isn't one guy on the team right now that should have the C on there Jersey other then Posa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
What do you have against Posa?
I don't have anything against Posa. And I never mentioned points as a calculation of value to a team, unlike other posters here. Like you, OHLTG, I think Bilcke has tremendous value because he plays his role.

Posa is a solid, but quiet, force on the D. But I question his leadership, sorry -- that is all.

Just my opinion from watching the games

But I still say the coaching staff is the biggest problem right now.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Section103

Quote:
a leader is not always the leading scorer you no, and there isn't one guy on the team right now that should have the C on there Jersey other then Posa...
What do you know that I don't? As far as I can tell, the main problem right now is coaching and/or leadership -- not talent or experience.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:49 PM
izzys

Quote:
I don't have anything against Posa. And I never mentioned points as a calculation of value to a team, unlike other posters here. Like you, OHLTG, I think Bilcke has tremendous value because he plays his role.

Posa is a solid, but quiet, force on the D. But I question his leadership, sorry -- that is all.
i second this

but i wouldnt say a force on defence

as for who i want to be here after the dead line

d-man

sieloff
murphy
sanvido
brown
(bring in 2 d-man 95, 94)

forward lines

rychel - vail - ???
???? - ho sang - ????
johnson- clarke- lorentz
clark - verbeek- bilcke
studnicka

dekort
??????

fill in the rest with call up or trades
i wouldnt even mind trading ( clarke an johnson ) but u cant clean the house out that much

Old
01-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Spitsfan67*

Bilcke has tremendous value is where I literally started laughing out loud.....he plays his role? Well his role changed once the ten fight rule came In, sure we need a guy like Bilcke but with he new rule they need to get more then 1 point, sorry he has little value a guy like Mathers IS valuable because he can kick *** and actually do something offensively, and he doesn't miss 75% of his hits like Bilcke.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Section103

Quote:
Bilcke has tremendous value is where I literally started laughing out loud.....he plays his role? Well his role changed once the ten fight rule came In, sure we need a guy like Bilcke but with he new rule they need to get more then 1 point, sorry he has little value a guy like Mathers IS valuable because he can kick *** and actually do something offensively, and he doesn't miss 75% of his hits like Bilcke.
You didn't answer my question.

Oh, and, I'm still waiting for one of your score predictions to pan out.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Section103

Quote:
...and he doesn't miss 75% of his hits like Bilcke.
Where are your STH seats?

Old
01-02-2013, 10:04 PM
OHLTG

Quote:

Just my opinion from watching the games

But I still say the coaching staff is the biggest problem right now.
I think Posa's leadership is as much in the room as anything. From what I've seen, the guy oozes character.

Quote:
You can laugh all you want. Doesn't change the fact that he's playing his role. He's not going to score 10 a year, but he provides energy, defence for his teammates, and the odd points.

BTW, he should have two points. Nobody can figure out why his goal in Barrie was taken away from him. Even one of the players said Ty scored it.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Section103

Quote:
I think Posa's leadership is as much in the room as anything. From what I've seen, the guy oozes character.

You can laugh all you want. Doesn't change the fact that he's playing his role. He's not going to score 10 a year, but he provides energy, defence for his teammates, and the odd points.

BTW, he should have two points. Nobody can figure out why his goal in Barrie was taken away from him. Even one of the players said Ty scored it.
I still don't think Posa is a true leader (I'm not in the dressing room or on the tour bus). I just *hear* things about him from my step-daughter who goes to school with these guys.

Bilcke is needed on this team... and he's a crowd favorite -- that's still important to people buying seats whether you like it or not.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Section103

I don't think any of you can argue that leadership and coaching on this team are lacking.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Spitsfan67*

Lol I predict scores for fun, pretty obvious lol, your sticking up for Bilcke the guy is ******* pathetic offensively and there is a thing like I said called a fight rule, it's called get more then one point, Idc if he's a "tough guy" he is playing in the best junior league in the world and he is replaceable...and your acting like its either leadership or management well it's both not just those two, bad defense, terable offense, coaching, management....and what do you know that we don't about Posa? how do you no that he isn't vocal in the dressing room? Are you in there every game?

Old
01-02-2013, 10:16 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
I still don't think Posa is a true leader (I'm not in the dressing room or on the tour bus). I just *hear* things about him from my step-daughter who goes to school with these guys.

Bilcke is needed on this team... and he's a crowd favorite -- that's still important to people buying seats whether you like it or not.
Not that I know anything about their school activity (or even want to get into that), but, here's my thinking...

When the boys are in school or hanging out, they're teenage guys. When they're at the rink, in the community, or on the road, they're the Spitfires. That's how I'd look at it, at least.

(again, not my area of expertise and I won't insinuate that it is)

Old
01-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Section103

Quote:
Lol I predict scores for fun, pretty obvious lol, your sticking up for Bilcke the guy is ******* pathetic offensively and there is a thing like I said called a fight rule, it's called get more then one point, Idc if he's a "tough guy" he is playing in the best junior league in the world and he is replaceable...and your acting like its either leadership or management well it's both not just those two, bad defense, terable offense, coaching, management....and what do you know that we don't about Posa? how do you no that he isn't vocal in the dressing room? Are you in there every game?
I probably know more than you. But you're still not answering any questions, so I'll dismiss you.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Spitsfan67*

Lol ok big shot I've been a STH for 15 years and have been watching them since I was a kid, idc about your questions and did oh answer mine? No you didnt.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Section103

Quote:
Not that I know anything about their school activity (or even want to get into that), but, here's my thinking...

When the boys are in school or hanging out, they're teenage guys. When they're at the rink, in the community, or on the road, they're the Spitfires. That's how I'd look at it, at least.

(again, not my area of expertise and I won't insinuate that it is)
It's still a place where rumors and idle chat goes on (this place thrives on rumors). That's all I'm going to say.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Section103

Quote:
Lol ok big shot I've been a STH for 15 years and have been watching them since I was a kid, idc about your questions and did oh answer mine? No you didnt.
Yeah, I'm done with you.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Spitsfan67*

Same to you!!

Old
01-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Section103

Quote:
Same to you!!
Heh, we should meet up for a beer next game. That's how I roll.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Heh, we should meet up for a beer next game. That's how I roll.
Haha no thanks, I pre-game if I want to drink, just a waste of money buying pretty muh anything there...

Old
01-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Section103

Quote:
Haha no thanks, I pre-game if I want to drink, just a waste of money buying pretty muh anything there...
Let the record show, I offered

No harm, no foul my spits-lovin' friend.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:33 PM
hockeylegend11

New lnfo on Bilcke is that he be out 8-10 weeks not 6-8 as reported if surgery is required
As well Bowen has attracted interest from 5 or 6 teams from what I hear,including Oshawa
Quote:

Old
01-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Section103

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
New lnfo on Bilcke is that he be out 8-10 weeks not 6-8 as reported if surgery is required
As well Bowen has attracted interest from 5 or 6 teams from what I hear,including Oshawa
Bowen would be no big loss IMO.

BUT, He never got a chance to establish himself.

Once again, coaching and development is suspect.

Last edited by Section103: 01-02-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old
01-02-2013, 10:55 PM
hockeylegend11

I doubt Bowen gets moved,especially with Bilcke out for most of the reg season Spits are concerned about his footwork but love his toughness,
Quote:
Bowen would be no big loss IMO.

BUT, He never got a chance to establish himself.

Once again, coaching and development is suspect.

Closed Thread