HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 10:27 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
I can't see Bowen dealt now. The kid is a rock and will be needed with Bilcke out.

Quote:
It's still a place where rumors and idle chat goes on (this place thrives on rumors). That's all I'm going to say.
I realize. It's just not something I get involved with.

Quote:
your sticking up for Bilcke the guy is ******* pathetic offensively and there is a thing like I said called a fight rule, it's called get more then one point, Idc if he's a "tough guy" he is playing in the best junior league in the world and he is replaceable...
*you're

Yeah, there's a fight limit. So? His job isn't to fight 20 times a year. He protects and energizes. If points come, so be it.

I love how people say that just because he's not putting up points in the O, "he is replaceable." Are we going back to this debate?

Old
01-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Ottomatic

Bowen should request a trade if he could get regular playing time elsewhere. He's treated as a 7th defenceman here and pretty much an enforcer and nothing else. What about playing him up front if they keep him out because of his footwork?

Bowen is the toughest guy on our team - but I get the feeling watching him that he doesn't like his fighter-only role. Maybe he's not the tap on the shoulder type. Bilcke is more Adam Wallace, willing to go anybody at anytime - but not an intimidator type. I think Bowen could be more an intimidator type, but he's not really good in the canned fights. When he's playing a shift and something pisses him off he's the kid of guy you'd be scared of - but when it's like he has to rather than wants to, it doesn't look like his heart is in it and he's going through the motions. I think this issue could be solved if he played a more regular shift, for us or elsewhere so he's more involved in the games.

I don't think there is any chance WR moves him now with Bilcke out, unless it's in a trade for another fighter.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 01-02-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old
01-03-2013, 05:24 AM
RayzorIsDull

The discussion of Bilcke has gone on far too long. You have a team struggling he hasn't provided a lot of value at this current time. Bilcke is not alone, Clark, Studnicka, McNaughton and Bowen are all borderline OHL talents who either wouldn't make other teams or just end up getting 3-4 shifts a game. How can a team be successful when 20% of your team is of that quality or lack thereof, then you add in high OHL draft picks that haven't delivered?

Old
01-03-2013, 07:40 AM
giantsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
The discussion of Bilcke has gone on far too long. You have a team struggling he hasn't provided a lot of value at this current time. Bilcke is not alone, Clark, Studnicka, McNaughton and Bowen are all borderline OHL talents who either wouldn't make other teams or just end up getting 3-4 shifts a game. How can a team be successful when 20% of your team is of that quality or lack thereof, then you add in high OHL draft picks that haven't delivered?
Let's start looking at COACHING as a possible problem. The history of their success with draft picks is not good - their development of these players is even worse'
Austin Brassard - first round pick - traded.
Ebert - first round pick - draft status drastically decreased after being here.
Marchese - first round pick - Windsor did nothing to help his draft
Maletta - first round pick - development halted in Windsor
Bateman - first round pick - development halted in Windsor
Weberman - first round pick - traded

Should I go on - do you get the drift. These kids were talented enough to get drafted and somewhere along the line in Windsor failed to reach the potential they had. o give it a break and back off the players.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Let's start looking at COACHING as a possible problem. The history of their success with draft picks is not good - their development of these players is even worse'

Should I go on - do you get the drift. These kids were talented enough to get drafted and somewhere along the line in Windsor failed to reach the potential they had. o give it a break and back off the players.
Maybe it's the scouting? Further, how much onus is put on the players too? Failure cannot JUST be on the management's shoulders, although some of the blame is clearly there.....

Old
01-03-2013, 08:02 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:

I think coaching is an issue but down below it's quite possible scouting is a bigger one. Brassard was dealt to enhance their shot at a Memorial Cup you have to cut the Spits slack on that one. The reason I say scouting is a couple of those guys I think just aren't good players and there aren't many teams that could make them good eg. Maletta, Bateman. Webermin has been getting better in Sagniaw so you may have a point there. Marchese wasn't good in Erie and he's not good in Windsor and that's on him. Ebert didn't train hard last offseason and that hurt him. I will also say this after Ebert's rookie year the drop off in who he was paired with was much different. The talent just isn't there right now collectively on the roster and that comes down to scouting. Yes scouting isn't an exact science but teams like Plymouth, Guelph, London draft quite well, Saginaw is getting much better eg. Trocheck, Lodge, Kea the list goes on. Kingston drafted very well this past year with arguably 4 1st round type picks. Windsor needs to get back to drafting well I think 2012 was better but not at the level it needs to be to have success. Ho-Sang right now is the only one with offensive upside unless Schmaltz commits. Sanvido can be a good stay at home D but you won't get any offense from him, Brown the jury is still out on and Verbeek seems very limited more of a 3rd-4th line grinder.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:

Brassard was drafted to be traded - he was on one of the Mem Cup stacked teams and didn't get any PT. He's a different case. He asked to be moved.

Ebert, Bateman held out from their draft team and were declared defected players. Maletta played the NCAA card, and told teams he wouldn't report to land here, Marchese sulked his way out of Erie and asked multiple times to be traded here as he was buds with Kerby - All cases I think that shows certain entitlement mentality. I understand that you have the talent, you want to control where you go and all, but there's something to be said about going where you land and working hard to win a spot.

Webermin get into the dog house here and never got out. Obvious parallels to what Bateman is facing. Undersized offensive defenceman who the Spits seem to think should be Ryan Ellis.

I'm certainly not taking the coaching off the hook, or the scouting - I think it's a perfect storm. I wouldn't draft players trying to control their landing spot anymore, or only in certain cases - it seems like Windsor relied on that too much (does London have many of these types from the draft - Domi surely, but others?). I'd also like to see Jones move on and add a different assistant coach - the staff needs shaking up and a different perspective. I don't know how much of a chance there is for this though as the coaches seem to absolve themselves from any blame and BB is the majority owner and unless Jones gets hired away (not bloody likely) we're stuck with him because Bob isn't going to fire his buddy and Warren has no control whatsoever to do something like that over Bob's head.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 01-03-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old
01-03-2013, 08:18 AM
hockeylegend11

Webermin also was injury prone here,was a bit soft,started off well in Saggy this year,tailed off a bit, and now is out with concussion issues

Old
01-03-2013, 08:28 AM
RayzorIsDull

Here's one thought and probably should be done once the season is done is consider shaking up the coaching ranks. Either moving out an assistant like Matsos or Boughner deciding to take on a full role as an owner and helping out with scouting. My suggestion as coach probably won't be popular but he had success in the OHL some in the WHL and even coached WJ Team Canada a couple times. If the Spits are going to more of a trapping game and defensive minded approach go and hire Craig Hartsburg he's 52, released from the Flames back in June. Hartsburg had the most success any Soo coach has had since Ted Nolan. At the very least a guy like Hartsburg would be a huge upgrade in the coaching area one way or another.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Libbs

The coaching staff can only work with what's given to them. The problem lies with Rychel and his arrogance. Far too often he shoot himself in the foot with his mouth; publicly stating how many pieces he expects for Ellis/Kassian, comparing Maletta to Nemisz, saying Bateman is "Ellis like", etc.

You have to wonder if he actually has any type of interviewing process before he drafts or trades for players. Maletta, Ebert, Marchese all have work ethic related problems. He also thinks every undersized defenseman is the next Ryan Ellis (Webermin, Bateman).

He also needs to stop listen to and then further fueling the "hype machine". Ho Sang is great example. He's a fantastic talent and will be a great player... but Rychel has him all hyped up as "the best 16yo prospect to enter the league" and he clearly isn't living up to that hype (and really who could?).

Then you have the nepotism with Kerby and that circus sideshow he had to orchestrate in order to bring him to Windsor. Instead of just drafting him in the 1st round and be done with it, he decides to take advantage of the "family" things and play draft games (trading down that 2nd round pick to pick up a 4th because he was so arrogant to think that was alright). Rightfully so it pissed someone off.

Then you have the total disaster of the 2009 Draft. Not a single drafted player is on this roster! All of them traded away.

2010 draft isn't much better. Yes we have Vail and to a lesser extent Clarke, but nothing else.

2011 Draft is looking to be ANOTHER wasted draft class. Maletta is a bust. Dekort has the skill but so far hasn't been given the opportunity to progress. Hunter Smith (2nd round pick) traded away at 17yo for an OA plug that has given this current roster nothing. Unless Allen and Butcher show up next year, you can add this draft class to the bust category.

Do I even need to bring up the Import draft this past summer? A top 15 pick should land you a pretty high end Euro player. Rychel put al of his hopes on grabbing Tolchinksy at number 15 but he was burned by SSM. Rychel had the opportunity to move up with Peterborough publicly stating their pick was up for grabs. Not to mention how many other Imports were still available he could have grabbed. Instead he pouts and randomly picks a name out of a hat. Ionin was then dumped before the season even started!

The last 4 years Rychel has made mistake after mistake after mistake. The success of those early teams has inflated his already large head even further. Until he pulls his head out his posterior, this franchise will never again reach the top and will revert back to the "laughing stock" it was when Riolo owned the team.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Here's one thought and probably should be done once the season is done is consider shaking up the coaching ranks. Either moving out an assistant like Matsos or Boughner deciding to take on a full role as an owner and helping out with scouting. My suggestion as coach probably won't be popular but he had success in the OHL some in the WHL and even coached WJ Team Canada a couple times. If the Spits are going to more of a trapping game and defensive minded approach go and hire Craig Hartsburg he's 52, released from the Flames back in June. Hartsburg had the most success any Soo coach has had since Ted Nolan. At the very least a guy like Hartsburg would be a huge upgrade in the coaching area one way or another.
I like that idea... though I don't see that happening if Boughner still has NHL aspirations.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:48 AM
izzys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
The coaching staff can only work with what's given to them. The problem lies with Rychel and his arrogance. Far too often he shoot himself in the foot with his mouth; publicly stating how many pieces he expects for Ellis/Kassian, comparing Maletta to Nemisz, saying Bateman is "Ellis like", etc.

You have to wonder if he actually has any type of interviewing process before he drafts or trades for players. Maletta, Ebert, Marchese all have work ethic related problems. He also thinks every undersized defenseman is the next Ryan Ellis (Webermin, Bateman).

He also needs to stop listen to and then further fueling the "hype machine". Ho Sang is great example. He's a fantastic talent and will be a great player... but Rychel has him all hyped up as "the best 16yo prospect to enter the league" and he clearly isn't living up to that hype (and really who could?).

Then you have the nepotism with Kerby and that circus sideshow he had to orchestrate in order to bring him to Windsor. Instead of just drafting him in the 1st round and be done with it, he decides to take advantage of the "family" things and play draft games (trading down that 2nd round pick to pick up a 4th because he was so arrogant to think that was alright). Rightfully so it pissed someone off.

Then you have the total disaster of the 2009 Draft. Not a single drafted player is on this roster! All of them traded away.

2010 draft isn't much better. Yes we have Vail and to a lesser extent Clarke, but nothing else.

2011 Draft is looking to be ANOTHER wasted draft class. Maletta is a bust. Dekort has the skill but so far hasn't been given the opportunity to progress. Hunter Smith (2nd round pick) traded away at 17yo for an OA plug that has given this current roster nothing. Unless Allen and Butcher show up next year, you can add this draft class to the bust category.

Do I even need to bring up the Import draft this past summer? A top 15 pick should land you a pretty high end Euro player. Rychel put al of his hopes on grabbing Tolchinksy at number 15 but he was burned by SSM. Rychel had the opportunity to move up with Peterborough publicly stating their pick was up for grabs. Not to mention how many other Imports were still available he could have grabbed. Instead he pouts and randomly picks a name out of a hat. Ionin was then dumped before the season even started!

The last 4 years Rychel has made mistake after mistake after mistake. The success of those early teams has inflated his already large head even further. Until he pulls his head out his posterior, this franchise will never again reach the top and will revert back to the "laughing stock" it was when Riolo owned the team.

libbs everything that u said in this i 150% agree with .... they r too busy with going to johnny shotz after games getting f***ed up and looking good in the lime light

they dont have time to take a look at the problems and fix them....

and ill tell u guys right now..... u think once jerby is gone the sideshow is gone , well thats wrong.. you will have maddax coming up in the 99 year draft

Old
01-03-2013, 08:50 AM
izzys

gettin back to the team ....

spits have 3 holes in the top 6 for forwards

2 holes in the bottom 6 forwards

on defence u have 2 holes in the top 4 pairing

and our bottom pair is good

as for goalie we have pav but he would bring us things we need to fill other spots

how is WR an BB going to fix this ?

Old
01-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Ottomatic

Boughner basically bought the team to jump start his coaching aspiration, buys the team and makes himself head coach without any prior coaching experience. I think we're seeing now where the lack of experience is hurting, as he only seems to know one way to do things and when that's not working he's unable to adjust to fit the game plan to the team he has, not the one he'd like to have.

Sorta fits with the rest of the org - Bob buys the team to get himself a head coaching gig, Warren buys in to control Kerby's minor hockey career completely, Bob hires his buddy and his brother-in-law to coach with him. Players game the system to play here. It's like the team/org is all about short cuts.

I don't think he'd ever step down, and if he did it would put Jones back in charge. Our only hope is Jones getting hired away, but that's not likely going to happen - might have had a chance for the Soo opening but the bar fight with the 20 yr old kid in the Soo ended any chance of that.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
libbs everything that u said in this i 150% agree with .... they r too busy with going to johnny shotz after games getting f***ed up and looking good in the lime light

they dont have time to take a look at the problems and fix them....

and ill tell u guys right now..... u think once jerby is gone the sideshow is gone , well thats wrong.. you will have maddax coming up in the 99 year draft
I doubt we'll have Maddox to worry about... he may be OHL caliber in a few years but he is tiny and doesn't have the same skill as Kerby did at that age. He'll be one of those support players Rychel has a hard on for drafting. He will be a Spit but a much later pick.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Boughner basically bought the team to jump start his coaching aspiration, buys the team and makes himself head coach without any prior coaching experience. I think we're seeing now where the lack of experience is hurting, as he only seems to know one way to do things and when that's not working he's unable to adjust to fit the game plan to the team he has, not the one he'd like to have.

Sorta fits with the rest of the org - Bob buys the team to get himself a head coaching gig, Warren buys in to control Kerby's minor hockey career completely, Bob hires his buddy and his brother-in-law to coach with him. Players game the system to play here. It's like the team/org is all about short cuts.

I don't think he'd ever step down, and if he did it would put Jones back in charge. Our only hope is Jones getting hired away, but that's not likely going to happen - might have had a chance for the Soo opening but the bar fight with the 20 yr old kid in the Soo ended any chance of that.
Like an "old boys club".

Old
01-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
gettin back to the team ....

spits have 3 holes in the top 6 for forwards

2 holes in the bottom 6 forwards

on defence u have 2 holes in the top 4 pairing

and our bottom pair is good

as for goalie we have pav but he would bring us things we need to fill other spots

how is WR an BB going to fix this ?
They can't. You can't have those complete draft year misses like WR did near back to back - it kills any depth potential. We're so shallow a team right now because of those draft misses. And now we lose picks from the investigation fall out - so we're even handcuffed going forward for the next few years. There is real possibility that this team/org death spirals out of control because of lack of leadership. We basically need to give up the Mem Cup hosting long shot and sell off our good players for as many draft picks as each will get in return and start a rebuild - if we hang on to the players now and they graduate away for no return, and then we hit the lost high pick drafts, we're looking at not being competitive for 5+ more years. Sell now, and we're 2 years of rebuild.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Libbs

It was said to me the other day that there has to be a reason for the inactivity. Is there something big coming down the pipeline that hasn't leaked out yet?

I guess we'll find out come the deadline and what the team looks like. If it's the same as it is now, something better be happening.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:07 AM
izzys

Quote:
I doubt we'll have Maddox to worry about... he may be OHL caliber in a few years but he is tiny and doesn't have the same skill as Kerby did at that age. He'll be one of those support players Rychel has a hard on for drafting. He will be a Spit but a much later pick.
at bantam minor kerby couldnt even skate .....

maddox alomst leads the team in scoring and is like hes kerby by the grabbage goals that they get

but i agree if maddox name wasnt rychel he wouldn't even make that that ...

he plays on the same line as studnicka lil bro and that kid is really good

i just see the same signs as to what happened with kerby going on with maddox .....

but when it comes to WR an BB these r the most import 7 - 10 days ( if extended ) they will have as gm/owner ... they will need to put someone on the ice that shows they r ready for mem cup ... if we sell everything and use picks and younger players to get better ohl players in the summer im fine ... but if we do nothing at the dead like ill be one pissed of STH ...

Old
01-03-2013, 09:08 AM
RayzorIsDull

I agree with your long post Libbs. As I mentioned earlier it isn't an exact science and you need to cut some slack for a bad draft year here or there. Overall though the early success for Windsor was a blessing but also a curse. The quick success put Windsor back on the map but the quick success has led to fans wanting more and most definitely the organization. Since that success every future player is being compared to one of the past ones that won a championship. I think there's a fine line between hyping a guy and having the gift of gab which Rychel has. I think you need to let players get adjusted to the game and find their own niche. Michael Clarke was compared to Adam Henrique? Why probably because he was a 2nd round pick and does certain things the same but that shouldn't evoke comparisons. Players develop at different rates and I don't think comparisons are the reasons why some picks have failed but this current group has handled adversity very poorly.

Being a GM obviously isn't easy and Rychel is probably learning more every day about how to rectify the problems. He's going about things slowly right now which is probably the best move and hopefully there will not be anymore proclamations like back in November about making big moves etc..

Right now all we have left is just hope and pray Rychel and Boughner get this right because they aren't going anywhere. In some organzations there's hope for the future if a GM or coach gets fired because it's change in an organzation eg. maybe Keefe is the answer with the Soo. Right now it's all up to Rychel and Boughner to get the right group of guys to turn this thing around.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Libbs

Quote:
They can't. You can't have those complete draft year misses like WR did near back to back - it kills any depth potential. We're so shallow a team right now because of those draft misses. And now we lose picks from the investigation fall out - so we're even handcuffed going forward for the next few years. There is real possibility that this team/org death spirals out of control because of lack of leadership. We basically need to give up the Mem Cup hosting long shot and sell off our good players for as many draft picks as each will get in return and start a rebuild - if we hang on to the players now and they graduate away for no return, and then we hit the lost high pick drafts, we're looking at not being competitive for 5+ more years. Sell now, and we're 2 years of rebuild.
The problem with a complete sell off now is the fact there is not depth in the organisation. How many players are able to be called up to fill the roster spots after trading these players? Closer to none I think. We need a mixture of warm bodies and draft picks, but only have a handful of cards left to play with.

We need to do what Barrie did a few years ago. It wasn't popular at the time but it seems to be paying dividends for them. They basically went one year with a team full of Tier 2 caliber players. 1st overall pick got them Ekblad and now they are at the top again.

With the lost 1st rounder this summer, they really need to forget about hosting the Memorial Cup and need to tank it next year. We have a nice number of picks in 2014 so it seems to be a really good draft to build around.

Unfortunately none of this is going to happen and Rychel is going to stick to his guns.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:17 AM
youngblood10

The Spits problem is simple, three quarters of that team are very soft in all areas and easy to play against. The rest of them don't do much of anything in terms of production. At this level that isn't going to win many games. Soft teams don't win on the road and this team is proof positive of that. The organization has failed to recognize marshmellows from hockey players.

As far as the great tough guy debate. Do what the Knights do and just call a kid up let him get a few fights in and call another one up.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:52 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Excellent post and this is what I have been hitting on the past couple months. The only way things could be good even after going for a Memorial Cup next year is if Allen, Schmaltz, Butcher, Baughman all signed on because they would be with Windsor the year after either as 19 year olds or 18 year olds. If you sell now you can get a prospect or two, recoup picks for 2013 and more going forward. I like make it easy for some people here who believe they need to keep the top end talent and move out the underachievers. Here are the only 2 options you have.

A-Keep the core Vail, Sieloff, Rychel, Marchese eg. the rest of the 94's. Move out the underachievers Maletta, Bateman, Johnson etc.. Likely return are mid round picks at best. Maybe trade Pavelka to get DeKort some time might get a 3rd round pick in return. Pray Rychel hits on his 2 import 1st rounders to augment with your current 94core, pray all those Americans want to join, go like hell for the Memorial Cup whether you host it or not empty the draft pick cupboard which includes 3 2nd rounders in 2014 I believe. Pray you win the Memorial Cup in 2014 and with no 1st rounder in 2013 to build with for the future take your lumps with losing all your 94's and be dog crap for the next couple years.

B-Shake up the core move a Vail, Pavelka, maybe another 94. Get picks in 2013 and more going forward, maybe a couple prospects come back in return. Hit it big with your 2 import picks, maybe get a top guy with a 2013 2nd round pick that can help next year to augment with Ho-Sang, Brown, Sanvido, prospect you get in trade for Vail. In the summer of 2013 you move your other underachievers to get middle round picks back to further stock the cupboard. Maybe you dangle a couple US prospects to a team like London who just recently got Mermis to commit and you can get more picks. Start playing out the 13/14 season if you're mediocre you move Rychel and Sieloff for huge bounties of picks. After the 13/14 season is over you have your 2014 1st round pick, a bounty of early 2nd and 3rd round picks to go with guys like Ho-Sang, Brown, Sanvido, Verbeek, your 2 imports, your 2013 draft picks, your 1st and 2nd round picks in 2014 and move forward with a better core and better age balance moving forward.

This is probably the biggest problem that has haunted Windsor the past couple years is age balance of your 19, 18, 17 and 16 year olds. Last year they had a poor crop of OA's and poor crop of 19 and 18 year olds and were left with a lot of 17 year olds and 16 year olds. This year they lack the OA quality again, non existent 19 year old group, 18 year olds are present, 17 year old crop still there but underachieving and your 16 year olds.

Not everything can be perfect but from year to year you probably want balance like this.

OA-3
19-4-7(more on the high end if you're very good and gunning for it)
18-3-5
17-3-5
16-2-3

This ensures the ability to move players out if you want to go for it but still maintain some semblance of age balance to recover the next year. You can certainly recover if one year you go heavy with 19 year olds but you need a crop of good 16-17 year olds for that to happen.

Currently the age balance for Windsor
OA-2
19-2(Pavelka include)
18-10
17-5
16-3(4 if you include Brown)

Now that isn't horrible balance if you want to win next year but the problem is that 17 year old crop isn't good and isn't producing and you don't have many 19 year olds capable of being OA's next year which would force you to move picks to get capable OA's.

Something needs to go down in the next 7-10 days to rectify this issue and help it out going forward.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:14 AM
izzys

i Agree they have to do something

but when wr trys to kill every deal alot of gm wont deal with him

i think windsor needs to move both high end

and i pray that we get koko

move

koko
vail
marchese
bateman
maletta
pav

think with moving these guys we will get some players back plus some good depth

but all these doesnt matter if we sell and we poo the bed again on another draft

Old
01-03-2013, 10:16 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
The problem with a complete sell off now is the fact there is not depth in the organisation. How many players are able to be called up to fill the roster spots after trading these players? Closer to none I think. We need a mixture of warm bodies and draft picks, but only have a handful of cards left to play with.

We need to do what Barrie did a few years ago. It wasn't popular at the time but it seems to be paying dividends for them. They basically went one year with a team full of Tier 2 caliber players. 1st overall pick got them Ekblad and now they are at the top again.

With the lost 1st rounder this summer, they really need to forget about hosting the Memorial Cup and need to tank it next year. We have a nice number of picks in 2014 so it seems to be a really good draft to build around.

Unfortunately none of this is going to happen and Rychel is going to stick to his guns.
I agree with what you're saying. You could call up Mitchell Graham who was signed in the summer. Legend keeps mentioning Ryan Watson he's performing very well in Jr B he's a 94 I don't have an issue giving him a shot. The issue that is really hanging over the Spits head is Khokhlachev, if he comes back you will see Rychel want to ride out with his 94's. The better plan would be move Khokhlachev he wouldn't take up a card and get some picks in exchange, if you get an import that can stick for the rest of the year so be it but if he's fodder then you release him. Move Pavelka call up Kuchemy and ride DeKort and Kuchemy (he would take up a card). Move 2-3 of the following (Vail, Marchese, Johnson, Maletta, Bateman). Chances are you get 2 players back maybe a third and a couple a picks back. So out of 6 cards left you use them on Kuchemy, Graham, Watson, and prospects you get back in dealing some guys. In the summer deal some more of the underachievers and see what the market is for Sieloff or Rychel.

Unfortunately I think you're right Rychel sticks with his guns.

Closed Thread