HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
thoughts on batemen, is he going to be gone?
I could see it happening as mentioned before Spits have been trying to move
him for the past 2 months
Still think a good deal would be move him to Missy for Scott Teskey Rw,both have been 1st rd busts,only problem Missy has 9 D-men on their roster

Old
01-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Ottomatic

I'd like to see both Ebert and Bateman moved - just to shake up the defence. Sieloff, Sanvido, Murphy and Posa are not likely to be moved for various reasons, so flipping 1/3rd of the corps out would be the best we could hope for. I'd look to bring in two defencemen in return - safe, boring, stay at home types. Give the element of a fresh start for the defence.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:02 PM
RayzorIsDull

Legend if I were Mississauga I would be open for business after seeing at Ceci went for. Kitchener or Plymouth would surely be pounding on the door for a DeMelo or Percy. After the Ceci trade this is a sellers dream come on Rychel sell sell sell.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I'd like to see both Ebert and Bateman moved - just to shake up the defence. Sieloff, Sanvido, Murphy and Posa are not likely to be moved for various reasons, so flipping 1/3rd of the corps out would be the best we could hope for. I'd look to bring in two defencemen in return - safe, boring, stay at home types. Give the element of a fresh start for the defence.
Unfortunately under this scenario only Murphy has any offensive skills to offer
Posa and Seiloff skate but dont do alot offensively curiously,so if u are going to move Ebert better get an offensive type guy back

Old
01-07-2013, 04:07 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Legend if I were Mississauga I would be open for business after seeing at Ceci went for. Kitchener or Plymouth would surely be pounding on the door for a DeMelo or Percy. After the Ceci trade this is a sellers dream come on Rychel sell sell sell.
Rayzor

good pt about Missy,they should sell,as for Rychel I dont think he will,he has 4 cards

to use

Old
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
aresknights

I too think Missy will/should sell.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Libbs

While we all know what Rychel SHOULD do... it's not going to happen. Why? Well several reasons.

- He needs to make his golden child look better so he gets drafted higher.
- He needs the playoff revenue.
- He needs to climb as high in the standings so he doesn't get lynched for forfeiting a 1st-4th overall pick.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:23 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
While we all know what Rychel SHOULD do... it's not going to happen. Why? Well several reasons.

- He needs to climb as high in the standings so he doesn't get lynched for forfeiting a 1st-4th overall pick.
1-Agreed sadly
2-Is 2 games enough playoff revenue an 8th seed only gets you 2 games against London
3-See 2, how can they really move that high 9 points out of 7th with 2 games in hand. They would still have to win by my count probably 17 out of their remaining 29 games which isn't easy for a team free falling. One thing about Aleardi is he going to be motivated to play for a team that doesn't seem to be going anywhere?

Old
01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
hockeylegend11

Still think there is more to come with 4 cards to play,
Possible trading partners,Missy,Oshawa,Belleville,
Players who could be moved or in some cases should be moved
Pavelka,Bateman,Mcnaughton,Clarke and Clark
If its Koko I expect a large return

Old
01-07-2013, 04:28 PM
sbrug

Quote:
1-Agreed sadly
2-Is 2 games enough playoff revenue an 8th seed only gets you 2 games against London
3-See 2, how can they really move that high 9 points out of 7th with 2 games in hand. They would still have to win by my count probably 17 out of their remaining 29 games which isn't easy for a team free falling. One thing about Aleardi is he going to be motivated to play for a team that doesn't seem to be going anywhere?
While I agree with Windsor fans saying that they should be selling players who will not be here for next year's Memorial Cup, suddenly Windsor just added a #1 and a #2 center for nothing. Not to disrespect the kid but Lorentz is arguably not an OHL player. Now, if Kitchener and Spott pull their traditional "stand pat, blame the market and whine that our offers are better than other teams" routine then you could make the case that Windsor is a more feared team than Kitchener. I think Windsor could upset someone right now in a best of 7.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:30 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
1-Agreed sadly
While i get what u are saying,Koko,Aleardi and HoSang add instant offence while Seiloff adds some much needed defence,and as i said i dont think he is done
As for Aleardi if he does not put out he can kiss his pro career goodbye

Old
01-07-2013, 04:32 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
While I agree with Windsor fans saying that they should be selling players who will not be here for next year's Memorial Cup, suddenly Windsor just added a #1 and a #2 center for nothing. Not to disrespect the kid but Lorentz is arguably not an OHL player. Now, if Kitchener and Spott pull their traditional "stand pat, blame the market and whine that our offers are better than other teams" routine then you could make the case that Windsor is a more feared team than Kitchener. I think Windsor could upset someone right now in a best of 7.
Love the Spott/Rags dig

The Spits are definitely better adding Aleardi and KoKo but Gibson is the difference maker. Neither team, as they curretnly stand worry me too much althou anythig can happen. JMO

Old
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Solid post,spits need to play like they have at home just prior to the break,decent defensively,solid goaltending
That has disappeared during this latest stretch of 7 losses
Get that back,with the added scoring from Koko and Aleardi,plus the return of Hosang and Seiloff,who knows
Still think more additions coming,I am hearing DEGuisseppe from U of M,where he is having a terrible year

Old
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Love the Spott/Rags dig

The Spits are definitely better adding Aleardi and KoKo but Gibson is the difference maker. Neither team, as they curretnly stand worry me too much althou anythig can happen. JMO
I should have stated in my post that if Windsor gets a matchup other than London that they can beat any team in 7 games. Maybe they can go after Koekkoek now that teams in demand for him are decreasing. If Windsor gets hot right now, they can do some damage.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:41 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post

All very good reasons but there is another....the Spitfire Management has stated they will be bidding for the memorial Cup in 2014 so they can't afford to trade off key assets that if missing would give the selection committee (Davie Branch) an excuse to give the Cup to another city. I'm sure the majority of fans think the chances of getting the city selected are slim and none but don't think for a moment Spit management feels that way.
So throw the full rebuild out the window because when the bell rings on the trading floor we will have used all our cards and probably gotten better marginally without taking any chances.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Libbs

Khokhlachev won't be back next year so I don't see how him being traded will be seen as a negative to the selection committee.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
OHLTG

First things first, my thoughts on the Aleardi trade:

More coming...gotta get some stuff done first

Old
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
aresknights

Quote:
I should have stated in my post that if Windsor gets a matchup other than London that they can beat any team in 7 games. Maybe they can go after Koekkoek now that teams in demand for him are decreasing. If Windsor gets hot right now, they can do some damage.
Cant see them adding a KK type kid. Os should snag the 3rd seed so 7th maybe where you want to end up. Ply still could add a bit and really come on in the 2nd half but I think OS is ahead of them as of now. Spits maybe best served with that 7th seed, IF PO $ is a concern I dont think it should be, but Im not financially invested either

Old
01-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Keystone Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I am hearing DEGuisseppe from U of M,where he is having a terrible year
That would be outstanding! He is having a rough year points wise, but so is the entire Michigan team outside of Treais.

Big fan of this move if it happens! Hearing it from Legend leads me to believe its more than rumour too. Legend, I'm hoping you make my night!

Old
01-07-2013, 04:50 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Cant see them adding a KK type kid. Os should snag the 3rd seed so 7th maybe where you want to end up. Ply still could add a bit and really come on in the 2nd half but I think OS is ahead of them as of now. Spits maybe best served with that 7th seed, IF PO $ is a concern I dont think it should be, but Im not financially invested either
Yeah, I cold careless either but looking at it without my green and gold glasses, Windsor should be able to surpass the Soo and Saginaw who should both be sellers. We don't know yet with Kitchener and the deadline is Thursday but history tells me that Spott will screw up.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:57 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone Light View Post
That would be outstanding! He is having a rough year points wise, but so is the entire Michigan team outside of Treais.

Big fan of this move if it happens! Hearing it from Legend leads me to believe its more than rumour too. Legend, I'm hoping you make my night!
I wish i could make every spits fan wish come true just relaying whispers,nothing confirmed,Spits definitely have interest and card room,plus he would be a 93 who could play and further dev next year,Carolina not known for rushing guys

Old
01-07-2013, 04:57 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Solid post,spits need to play like they have at home just prior to the break,decent defensively,solid goaltending
That has disappeared during this latest stretch of 7 losses
Get that back,with the added scoring from Koko and Aleardi,plus the return of Hosang and Seiloff,who knows
Still think more additions coming,I am hearing DEGuisseppe from U of M,where he is having a terrible year
Not only has DeGuisseppe had his problems with his play, Jordan Schmaltz had his brush with the law in Sept at North Dakota. Either would be welcomed with open arms as both were high NHL draft choices.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:59 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Not only has DeGuisseppe had his problems with his play, Jordan Schmaltz had his brush with the law in Sept at North Dakota. Either would be welcomed with open arms as both were high NHL draft choices.
And Schmaltz has not developed as much as Im sure the Blues wish

Old
01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
aresknights

Those 2 would be great additions. Almost hoping its not true

Thanks HL for the updates. its appreciated!

Old
01-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Libbs

I said this before, but it may be worth mentioning again. It was said to me that it's very peculiar that Rychel has kept as quiet as he did. That something must be in the works.

Closed Thread