HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kadri

Old
12-07-2012, 05:47 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
He's 36 now which is concerning.
But I'll take your word for it, if it is 4-5 years of Kipper then I probably would do it
He is 36 but this past year he was one of the top goalies in the nhl (7th in SV% for goalies playing over 41 games and 7th in GAA) while playing 70 games (3rd most in the nhl). If his games started get reduced by 10-15 giving Riemer 22-27 starts he will still be a top 15 goalie for a while.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:49 PM
TmlHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
Like I originally said Grabovski made Kadri redundant 2 seasons ago.

He was drafted as a #2C ... Grabo was meant to be a stop gap until Kadri was ready for full-time duty. Now Grabo is one of the best #2C's in entire NHL - signed long term - and in all likelihood will not be unseated by Kadri in the immediate future. Hence the whole "Nazim we want you to play wing" - "Nazim we want you to be a defensive player" - Nazim we want you to put on some size"

Kadri+Kessel+Grabo are simply too small to all be in your Top6. Especially given the fact that outside of Kulemin we dont' have any True size/strength to play with them.

Small Top6
Small down the Middle

= Not Competitive.

Leaving Kadri as a winger on your 3rd line playing 15 minutes a night - with a plethora of other capable 3rd liners in the wind (Biggs/Ross/Colborne/Frattin/MacArthur/McClement to name a few.

His value would be greater to the organization via a trade. Unless you are willing to trade Grabo/Kessel
I'd rather trade Grabo and run a 2nd line of JVR-Kadri-Frattin. You put an excellent playmaker with great snipers.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:51 PM
HavlatMach9

Mid first rounder for Kadri.

Last edited by HavlatMach9: 12-07-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Wrong thread -_--_
HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Roloson played many solid seasons even after 35+. I have never understood the whole old is bad. Kipper showed last season and the season before that he still has plenty of big saves and great games left in the bank he just needs a defense in front of him the way every other goalie does. Remember how old Belfour was when he came to town?
Old is bad, even if the player isn't bad.

If Kipper was playing the same as last year and he was only 25ish years old it would take MUCH more than Kadri for him. Kipper, even at his age is one heck of a goalie, I'm just concerned how long he will last. But if we are confident Reimer will be our long term #1 then it would be a great mentor relationship, and relieve pressure off of Reimer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
He is 36 but this past year he was one of the top goalies in the nhl (7th in SV% for goalies playing over 41 games and 7th in GAA) while playing 70 games (3rd most in the nhl). If his games started get reduced by 10-15 giving Riemer 22-27 starts he will still be a top 15 goalie for a while.
If management believes that Reimer will eventually be our long term #1 then id go for it. If not then if prefer to do a softer deal for Luongo.

Kadri could play the Tanguay for Baertschi in a couple years.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:58 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Old is bad, even if the player isn't bad.

If Kipper was playing the same as last year and he was only 25ish years old it would take MUCH more than Kadri for him. Kipper, even at his age is one heck of a goalie, I'm just concerned how long he will last. But if we are confident Reimer will be our long term #1 then it would be a great mentor relationship, and relieve pressure off of Reimer

If management believes that Reimer will eventually be our long term #1 then id go for it. If not then if prefer to do a softer deal for Luongo.

Kadri could play the Tanguay for Baertschi in a couple years.
This is why I want Kadri he fits perfectly with Baertschi, it also allows Jankowski play wing if can't make it as a center.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:01 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Playing big does not mean your going to be able to win a battle against Lucic to get the puck out of your own end. It doesn't mean that your going to be able to physically remove Shatenkurk off the puck.

Grabo Kadri and Kessel are all 185lbs soaking wet. You cannot have any combination of the two playing on the same line together and expect to be competitive.
The Sedins do it
Savard - Kessel did it
How about Buffalo when they were studed with Roy, Briere ext. etc.
Stamkos - St. Louis

Happens alot...

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:50 PM
JKsilverstick*

Quote:
Since not many replied to my offer of Kipper for Kadri I will post it again, what do Leaf fans think about it?
I don't like the idea of trading youth for veterans, and I really like Kadri, but I think in this case, I would do it. I think our depth is good enough now.

Kipper is a hell of a goalie, and even if we only have him for a couple years, I think that is enough time to properly evaluate what we have with a good goalie, and I think he can be a good mentor for somebody like Reimer (who may be taking over in a couple years anyway).

JKsilverstick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
This is why I want Kadri he fits perfectly with Baertschi, it also allows Jankowski play wing if can't make it as a center.
Yep, that would be a very solid line since IMO Baertschi is the best goal scoring prospect in the league.

Would be a fun line to watch as well

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Natural as in their whole career except in Toronto....
Well I was sure that is what natural ment as well, but lupul hasn't played rw throughout the entirety of his career, hence why I asked what "your" definition of natural was. So in the case that you were incorrect, on "almost" all said players you mentioned then I'd say your the one in need of this little guy

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:35 AM
ALI

Kadri, Finn, Colborn, Franson for Nemisz, Breen or Smith, Byron, Aliu
Kadri wold fit better with the flames as Nemisz will be better with Toronto

Finn is a good prospect but The leafs need NHL ready Defensive D and Breen or smith could do that better then Holzer and franson who might not even play in the NHL. This gives flames a nice D prospect that there in need for.

Then you have Colborn who is ready but won't make the leafs line-up going to the flames he will have the chance to earn a 3rd line spot. Aliu and Byron would Fit better with toronto and bring lots of excitement.

its a fair trade that would make both teams lot better

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI View Post
Kadri, Finn, Colborn, Franson for Nemisz, Breen or Smith, Byron, Aliu
Kadri wold fit better with the flames as Nemisz will be better with Toronto

Finn is a good prospect but The leafs need NHL ready Defensive D and Breen or smith could do that better then Holzer and franson who might not even play in the NHL. This gives flames a nice D prospect that there in need for.

Then you have Colborn who is ready but won't make the leafs line-up going to the flames he will have the chance to earn a 3rd line spot. Aliu and Byron would Fit better with toronto and bring lots of excitement.

its a fair trade that would make both teams lot better
Leafs get hosed

Leafs87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:35 AM
DaveT83*

Quote:
The Sedins do it
Savard - Kessel did it
How about Buffalo when they were studed with Roy, Briere ext. etc.
Stamkos - St. Louis

Happens alot...
Yup - unfortunately for Toronto - they'd have 3 guys under 185lbs in their Top6.
Not the end of the world - but if those 3 are surrounded by the likes of

Lupul
Bozak
MacArthur
Kulemin

I'd say their in danger of being too weak physically to compete on a regular basis.
Connolly/Lombardi/Brown/Komorov in their bottom6 is not helping the situation by any means either.

Trading Kessel makes the most sense: If you could get a legit Top6 Power Forward and a Legit Goalie Prospect it would do wonders overall for the team.

Last edited by DaveT83*: 12-08-2012 at 07:56 AM.
DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Haatley

Quote:
Id be more worried about kadri not playing centre than janks.

kadri is a bum. we dont need him in calgary. dont know why youre so high on him.and always calling for him to come to flames.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 09:55 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
However, he is growing in all other aspects of the game. His defensive play isnt as sloppy (its not great yet but its much better than it was), his core strength, balance and strength on the puck has greatly improved, etc. etc. etc. The Leaf management knows his offensive capabilities, its everything else that is holding him back which has been the focus of his season.
Honestly.. it really doesn't matter / is a waste. The guy is never going to be an effective checking line player, that's just not his game. The Leafs have wasted basically 4 years of prime development time and he's no closer to being the player he has to be in order to be an effective NHLer.

A defensive game / the other crap you're ranting about isn't what's going to make Kadri a successful NHL player. It's the offence, and they've done nothing to develop the most important part of his game. Had they done so, the rest of the things would come with NHL experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
The draft class comparison is an interesting one. I'd suggest you look at the PPG of his peers from that class and then get back to me.

Also, you misunderstand why Kadri is in the AHL to begin with. The offense has never been the problem -- his strength and play away from the puck have. He's grown leaps and bounds there. Still hasn't put it together, but you shouldn't mistake his seasons in the AHL as the floundering of a struggling prospect. That's a remarkably shallow reading of his situation.
What about the PPG of his peers?

You do not keep a potential offensive star in the AHL for years on end because his defence isn't good enough. That's exactly how you stifle a player's development, by wasting prime development years doing something that he's never going to be good at. If they wanted to develop him, they would've put him in the NHL from basically year 2, and faciltated his development by playing him with guys that could cover for his defensive lapses. Take advantage of his skillset, don't try to turn him into something he's not.

It's like taking a Porsche Boxster, jacking up the suspension, putting on bigger wheels and trying to go off road. You're wayyyyy better off with a Jeep Wrangler, and all you've done is ruin the Porsche.

His seasons in the AHL are two things -- The Leafs sabotaging his development, and the floundering of a struggling prospect as a result

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Just curious what teams value Kadri at?

Not including Canucks or Leafs fans.
He's both overrated in Toronto and underrated outside of Toronto.

I think with a change of scenery he could do good, the best chance of a deal being done with him is something like a Latendresse-Pouliot deal. A change of scenery type deal. I doubt other teams would do anything else for him straight up, but in a package he could fetch something good too.

As a Devils fan, I would throw something like Urbom and a 3rd out there, but then again, I'm sure there is more enticing offers elsewhere, and I don't know if Urbom is needed in Toronto.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Kershaw

What makes kadri better than Jonathan Audy-Marchessault

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:04 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
What makes kadri better than Jonathan Audy-Marchessault
You can lead a poster to water but .....

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:27 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
Id be more worried about kadri not playing centre than janks.

kadri is a bum. we dont need him in calgary. dont know why youre so high on him.and always calling for him to come to flames.
He is almost a ppg in the ahl and has had some success in the nhl playing with little talent. The kid is 20 I don't know why everyone thinks you must be 18 to be a prospect he is still learning and has a high upside it is easy to see when you watch him play. No one seems to have a problem with Brayden Schenn having the same offensive success in the nhl as Kadri (not saying the are equally good Schenn is better). It is retarded to say he is a bum when he is one of the top players in the ahl. Janko doesn't play center at Providence so it would be stupid to have him penciled in, Kadri can play all 3 forward positions which could be real useful when we don't know what we have at center.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:37 PM
topchowda

Mid first or early second is in the ball park

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Yup - unfortunately for Toronto - they'd have 3 guys under 185lbs in their Top6.
Not the end of the world - but if those 3 are surrounded by the likes of

Lupul
Bozak
MacArthur
Kulemin

I'd say their in danger of being too weak physically to compete on a regular basis.
Connolly/Lombardi/Brown/Komorov in their bottom6 is not helping the situation by any means either.

Trading Kessel makes the most sense: If you could get a legit Top6 Power Forward and a Legit Goalie Prospect it would do wonders overall for the team.
I would offer a package around Kassian and Schneider for Kessel.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
To bad we wouldn't accept.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:05 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
I don't know about other Habs fans, but I would do Leblanc and a second for Kadri. Both players are from the 09 draft have had similar progress so far, Kadri is more offensively skilled then Leblanc but Leblanc is more of a solid 2-way player.
No chance would I do that. LeBlanc, at this stage, is a much more well rounded player is is versatile enough to play in the top six or the bottom six, giving him much better odds to make it as an NHLer. If Kadri isn't in the top six, he's not an NHLer, and his skating issues and inability to produce at the NHL level are likely of great concern to Burke and friends.

Not to mention, despite just playing seven games at the AHL level this year, LeBlanc has just two fewer goals than Kadri has posted in 20 games. I don't think the Montreal brass would even consider swapping LeBlanc for Kadri, let alone adding a 2nd rounder. It has way too much potential to blow up in their face and I just don't see what the upside would be for them.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:17 PM
DaveT83*

Quote:
I'd rather Kesler - but honestly Kassian/Schneider would make Toronto more competitive than just Kessel and maybe we could all forget about Sequin/Hamilton for a while

Old
12-08-2012, 02:18 PM
DaveT83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
To bad we wouldn't accept.
You have no goaltending
You have no size

All you have is a glorifed 35 goal scorer - who's on the ice for 100 goals against lol
Its a no-brainer to me.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:20 PM
JKsilverstick*

Quote:
XD!

Not a chance in hell. But I'm sure you knew that, and you were just joking.

JKsilverstick* is offline   Reply With Quote